FORUMS
Damien

Guardian Druid 7.3

20 hours ago, Guest Esca said:

I wonder why there is no mention about moonkin shoulders legendary. It comes as the second best both in terms of dps and survivability on any cleave fights due to bonus 8 rage galactic guardian provides when it procs at 2+ targets with this piece of gear.

I can ask for it to be added in, we just didn't add it due to the huge amount of RNG involved in hunting it. By putting it as the second priority, many people will aim for it by setting Balance loot spec, but then damage their performance by losing out on Guardian legendaries and getting useless Balance ones. 

I'll speak to the writer and see what we can do.

Guest Ename

Hi ppl, I need some clarification on stats, since I'm a pugger and need to rely on ilvl (mostly) to get into groups, i have some trinket issues, a base ag trinket with versa or a impenetrable Nerubian Husk (haste) which is 30 ivl's higher (although I think the armor for a bear is not really needed?), your sencere en serious thoughts plz!

18 hours ago, Guest Ename said:

Hi ppl, I need some clarification on stats, since I'm a pugger and need to rely on ilvl (mostly) to get into groups, i have some trinket issues, a base ag trinket with versa or a impenetrable Nerubian Husk (haste) which is 30 ivl's higher (although I think the armor for a bear is not really needed?), your sencere en serious thoughts plz!

Armor is an excellent stat for bears. If you're trying to figure out stats, follow this for normal gear:

• High stat piece (helm, chest, legs)
    • If there is an item level difference of more than 5, take the higher item level piece. 
    • If there is an item level difference of less than 5 and the lower piece has both Versatility and Mastery, then use the lower piece. If it does not have both, use the higher piece.
  • Medium stat piece (shoulders, gloves, belt, boots)
    • If there is an item level difference of more than 10, take the higher item level piece.
    • If there is an item level difference of less than 10, take whichever is better itemised based on the priority. 
  • Low stat piece (back, wrists)
    • If there is an item level difference of more than 20, take the higher item level piece.
    • If there is an item level difference of less than 20, take whichever is better itemised based on the priority. 
  • Non-main stat piece (neck, finger)
    • Pick according to the actual stats, since there is no armour present.
    • A Vers/Mastery piece would be worth 20 item levels over one that has neither.
    • A Vers OR Mastery piece with another secondary stat would be worth 10 item levels over one that has neither. 
    • A Vers OR Mastery piece where the other secondary stat is much higher would be worth 5 item levels over one that has neither.

For trinkets, your Vers trinket is likely better. The Husk is pretty awful.

Guest Zorpbox

As a bear main, I feel that the Fury of Nature and The lady and the Child legendary combo should be mentioned in its respective category of the guide. Its clearly the best legendary combo, and I would just like all the new guardian druids to know what to aim for.

On 1/24/2018 at 4:14 AM, Guest Zorpbox said:

As a bear main, I feel that the Fury of Nature and The lady and the Child legendary combo should be mentioned in its respective category of the guide. Its clearly the best legendary combo, and I would just like all the new guardian druids to know what to aim for.

A new guardian druid can't really aim for this combo, though. You need to set your loot spec to Balance for a chance at Lady and the Child and, if you don't have the other Guardian legendaries, you'll end up getting useless Balance legendaries instead of at least somewhat useful Guardian ones, even if they aren't BiS.

Guest guest

Why are all the tier 3 crucible recommendations dps? Wouldn't something like Scintillating moonlight and other defensive traits be better for tanks?

On 2/3/2018 at 7:49 AM, Guest guest said:

Why are all the tier 3 crucible recommendations dps? Wouldn't something like Scintillating moonlight and other defensive traits be better for tanks?

If you are really struggling to stay alive, then yes, but the likelihood of the defensive traits helping enough is slim enough that you're likely better off simply taking DPS ones as bear, as opposed to as DK.

5 hours ago, Tectas said:

Aren't the luffas a bit missing? Guess they got lost at the revamp^^

Will ask for it to be added - sorry!

• Like 1

Thrash no longer costs rage to cast. It still generates 4 rage, but doesn't cost anything. On the rotation it says to use to rage dump, but that's wrong.

On 5/21/2018 at 6:48 PM, Jeramiah said:

Thrash no longer costs rage to cast. It still generates 4 rage, but doesn't cost anything. On the rotation it says to use to rage dump, but that's wrong.

EDIT: Where are you seeing this? I can't find it.

This guide will be updated for the release of the pre-patch of Battle for Azeroth in the next few days. We are aiming to have every guide deployed prior to the patch going live.

Please note that a new feedback thread will be created for the new guide, meaning that this one will be archived. Any feedback you have for the new guide should be placed in the new comment thread.

Thank you all for your patience and we are working to get the new guides up as soon as possible.