FORUMS
Damien

Restoration Druid 7.3

17 hours ago, Guest Zounds said:

Legendarys needs revisiting as some have changed since last update.

Hey there! Could you tell me which ones in particular you think need revisiting? It makes it a lot easier for me to point it out to the writer rather than me just giving him a general "update this page" note.

Thanks in advance!

Aman'Thul's isn't situational anymore. It is actually ranking higher than Velen's which is largely considered our BiS (with the Tearstone nerfs).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#class=Druid&spec=Restoration&metric=hps&combatantinfo=Legendaries&dataset=90&aggregate=amount

Aman'Thul's actually gains value in heroic and normal because damage intervals are less severe.

Our stat priorities are listed entirely wrong as well. I would recommend using RDSW (Resto Druid Stat Weights, a weakaura) to get your specific stat weighting live in game. Stats change based on what you're doing and at what difficult and with how many healers. Mastery will be devalued in LFR/normal because damage is a lot lower. In Mythic, where damage spikes are regular, Mastery and Crit seem to be valued a little higher than haste. That said, our stat weights are so close, if you prefer haste it won't really hurt you as much as say a Holy Pally who loves haste and hates crit.

CW is always the go to talent. Prosperity is bad.

For our Artifact Tree the route is sort of wrong. The new traits are good-ish, but Persistence 5/5 is absolutely our most important of the old traits. Persistence is our best relic trait by a significant margin. To have it listed at 4th is laughable.

There is an abundance (pun not intended) of actually theorycrafted, tested, and verified information on our class discord. I hate to sway people away from using icy-veins because they've done so well in the past, but it seems like most of the information here is either entirely incorrect or slightly off mark this expansion pack.

On 4/29/2017 at 3:49 AM, Nepiton said:

There is an abundance (pun not intended) of actually theorycrafted, tested, and verified information on our class discord. I hate to sway people away from using icy-veins because they've done so well in the past, but it seems like most of the information here is either entirely incorrect or slightly off mark this expansion pack.

I'm not really in a position to actually comment/analyse the feedback you've given, since I'm not the writer of the guide, but - I'll pass this all on to the writer and reviewer and then forward back the reply that I get. We're always looking to improve our guides and update them to make sure they are of the highest quality, so I'm sure we can get this fixed if there are issues! :)

Thanks for reporting this!

Is it just me or does resto druid have the most unimpactful legendaries of all classes? Seems you can do well without any of them, this class is so powerful in Legion.

Edited by Rudy199

21 hours ago, Rudy199 said:

Is it just me or does resto druid have the most unimpactful legendaries of all classes? Seems you can do well without any of them, this class is so powerful in Legion.

There are many other healers that can also do this, though - there are plenty of people topping healing rankings with single legendaries as Holy Paladin, for example. Legendaries are a big boost, but they aren't the be-all-end-all for healing in general. I think they are far more important for DPS specs.

On legendary shoulders (Aman'thul's), they are immensely powerful right now due to sinergy with Tier 19 four piece set (more ticks = more rejuv spreads with more ticks = positive sinergy loop), in Tier 20 they won't be as strong.

Resto druid / Discord community is really strong indeed, would suggest a possible shake up for the 7.2.5 revision, considering Serenity just died as a guild and I didn't see any news about Gamko for a while, is he still playing? Then again is Flurty still playing? Literally high end people quitting left and right in mass :(

On 5/19/2017 at 8:09 AM, Seksi said:

On legendary shoulders (Aman'thul's), they are immensely powerful right now due to sinergy with Tier 19 four piece set (more ticks = more rejuv spreads with more ticks = positive sinergy loop), in Tier 20 they won't be as strong.

Passing this on!

On 5/19/2017 at 8:09 AM, Seksi said:

I didn't see any news about Gamko for a while, is he still playing? Then again is Flurty still playing? Literally high end people quitting left and right in mass :(

As far as I am aware, I think both of them are, yeah!

• Like 1

On 5/22/2017 at 9:24 PM, Guest Caanrial said:

Wondering if all mentions of Tranq in the Resto guide s/b updated to mention [Tranquil Mind] artifact trait that allows you to cast while moving? Such as on this page: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/restoration-druid-pve-healing-rotation-cooldowns-abilities if not, no biggie  :-)

The current mentions apply to both scenarios from what I can see - what would you want to change? Just a mention of the trait?

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2.5 - all questions about "What is better for 7.2.5, X or Y?" will be answered in our guide updates. Thanks for your patience while we get everything completed and good luck in the new patch!

Guest Peanut

I'm curious what caused the stat priorities to be updated on June 12th?  Why is Mastery #1 stat behind int for raid healing? I thought previously that high Mastery was only preferred for Mythic + and small group content where you have several hots rolling. Why the change now?  Really appreciate the insight - thanks!

On 6/16/2017 at 4:18 PM, Guest Peanut said:

Why the change now?

As far as I am aware, this was updated because of us swapping reviewers - it is now managed by Torty. There isn't a specific change in the 7.2.5 notes that caused this. Mastery won't always be your top priority and RDruids change stat weights constantly. There isn't really a bad stat for them.

It might be that your Mastery weight is considerably lower depending on current stat values - use the spreadsheet that Torty made to properly check this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RfPscxF5rB8gi9-ivWF_N_RPd5aXnCpRe7TKMYTR0aQ/edit#gid=570985886

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not. 

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

Guest Hujas

I'm not sure if this is an error with the tool tip in game or on WoWDB but Master of Shadows is only giving 500 Mastery/500 Avoidance.

If it's not an in game error, how much does this change the weighting of it?

On 9/14/2017 at 7:15 PM, Guest Hujas said:

I'm not sure if this is an error with the tool tip in game or on WoWDB but Master of Shadows is only giving 500 Mastery/500 Avoidance.

If it's not an in game error, how much does this change the weighting of it?

It's a tooltip error - the weighting is done with live values.

With T20 set, why do you consider Prosperity bad? Lets compare Prosperity and Cenarion ward effects:

- Prosperity: Heal 849014 instantly, mana 30800, 27 sec cd and 2 charges, 2-piece bonus (cd reduced by up to 40% based on target hp), 4-piece bonus (increase efflorescence healing 200% for 10 sec)

- Cenarion Ward: Heal 855908 over 8 sec, mana 20240, 30 sec cd, adds 1 more button to actionbar.

I still don't see why would anyone not take Prosperity, it not only adds to our spot healing but also boosts our raid healing by big margin. Even without the tier bonus it has higher HPS value than CW. Mana isn't an issue with nearly half minute cd spells, but it heals 3 times as much as Regrowth if you need burst healing.

Edited by Zaflis

On 10/3/2017 at 5:56 PM, Zaflis said:

With T20 set, why do you consider Prosperity bad?

As far as I am aware, Prosperity becomes good when using T20 4-set (not just 2-set) or the Soul of the Archdruid legendary, which allows you to have Soul of the Forest.

Guest Lynaelle
On 29/08/2017 at 10:56 AM, Blainie said:

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

On the stat page it say in both 1.1 raid and 1.2 mythic healing the Intelect is the last priority. Then 2.1 say it's the primary stats. I don't get it ?

13 hours ago, Guest Lynaelle said:

On the stat page it say in both 1.1 raid and 1.2 mythic healing the Intelect is the last priority. Then 2.1 say it's the primary stats. I don't get it ?

In WoW, the primary stats are Strength, Intellect and Agility. Secondary stats are Critical Strike, Haste, Mastery, Versatility. Tertiary stats are Speed, Indestructible, Leech, etc.

It's just a term used to categorise stats.

Guest Willendorf

I didn't wade through all the comments, but I think it's worth a mention on the tier 4 talents that if you're using Sephuz's Secret, both Mighty Bash and Mass Entanglement seem to proc it, while I believe that Typhoon does not.

12 hours ago, Guest Willendorf said:

I didn't wade through all the comments, but I think it's worth a mention on the tier 4 talents that if you're using Sephuz's Secret, both Mighty Bash and Mass Entanglement seem to proc it, while I believe that Typhoon does not.

Will ask for a mention to be added :)

Guest Lynaelle
On 30/11/2017 at 2:31 AM, Blainie said:

In WoW, the primary stats are Strength, Intellect and Agility. Secondary stats are Critical Strike, Haste, Mastery, Versatility. Tertiary stats are Speed, Indestructible, Leech, etc.

It's just a term used to categorise stats.

Thanks, it's more clear. I expected it was a priority term.

On 12/6/2017 at 11:45 AM, Guest Lynaelle said:

Thanks, it's more clear. I expected it was a priority term.

No problem. It can be a bit confusing, but it's the terminology that blizzard use for the stats!