FORUMS
Damien

Restoration Druid 7.3

Guest Mitrez
12 hours ago, Guest Mitrez said:

Efflorescence doesnt count, but the Hot effect that gets added through the Spring Blossoms talent does. Germination also counts. But since you can't have both the Germination and the Spring Blossom talents, the max. amount would be 6.

Scenario Wand = cenarion ward, also counts but ofc only the Hot portion of it (so after it has procced from taking damage)

Forgot all about cultivation, which counts as well - so the max is infact 7 :)

15 hours ago, Guest Mitrez said:

Efflorescence doesnt count, but the Hot effect that gets added through the Spring Blossoms talent does. Germination also counts. But since you can't have both the Germination and the Spring Blossom talents, the max. amount would be 6.

Scenario Wand = cenarion ward, also counts but ofc only the Hot portion of it (so after it has procced from taking damage)

Made an account just to correct something I posted earlier, cause for some reason it wouldn't let me do it as guest.

Anyway, I forgot all about cultivation here, which also counts. So the max amount would actually be 7 instead of 6.

Apologies for the double post! (As guest and user)

For some reason my guest post wasn't showing up!

Edited by Mitrez
Sorry!

Thanks for those posts above and clarifying the information. Helps when I don't know bits of it!

Guest Dream

Why is the Flask worse than Thrumming Gossamer?  Isn't haste better than mastery?

17 minutes ago, Guest Dream said:

Why is the Flask worse than Thrumming Gossamer?  Isn't haste better than mastery?

I believe the disparity is mainly due to the way that the Flask effect works. It starts at 20 stacks, goes down and only last 10 seconds. The Mastery one is a 20 second buff and goes up. 

Generic comment being mass posted over the comments threads guys.

We are aware of the changes and our writers are working hard to update the guides to suit what has changed. Currently, there is a lot of work still to be done and it's unlikely that every guide will be up-to-date immediately. Expect a flood of updates over the coming days that will answer all of your questions about what is now best after X change, in time for the reset next week.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

2 hours ago, sgtevmckay said:

OK....what happened to the PAWN addon strings????

Are you sure that we had them for Resto druid? I don't remember them being added for Legion, but perhaps I am wrong.

Guest Lamba@ShadowsongEU

Hey.

So I'm in big trouble. I've been trolling my guild since I started Legion a couple of weeks after them signing up for raids and stuff, and today they actually brought me, I think I only messed up once and we downed 6/7 on normal without too many wipes (3 total I think).

So my druid now looks like this (click for amory profile) - I'm aware of that I should proberbly change Germination to the tranq talent and Stonebark to Flourish when I go from only doing heroics and the odd mythic (which was the plan for the next month or so), but what exactly should I do when healing?

Tonight, we were a priest, a pala, a monk and 3 druid healers so I mainly focused on dispelling (when I was supposed to), throwing around SotF + WG, keeping up effloresence and throwing the odd swiftmend, rejuv and regrowth on proc when I felt it was needed.

I had exactly no time to prepare and I did raid mythic with them in HFC, so they know I'm not an über scrub, but druid healing... it's been a while.

So can anyone perhaps give some pointers? Like am I on the right track with talents (difference between 5 man stuff and raids) and how much ilvl is better than taking the best stats?  Ideally, when healing is needed, am I doing the right things, or should I resort to using healing touch more often or throwing around more rejuvs or...?

My style is simple; I don't care about meters, if things die, we do OK. If they don't, we/someone has to improve.

Bonus info; my weapon is level 17 (or 18) currently. Followed the artifact stuff in this guide.

Sorry for the wall of text, but if they're sort of going to rely on the guild troll as the main backup healer, said troll should perhaps be just a bit prepared. :-)

10 minutes ago, Guest Lamba@ShadowsongEU said:

So can anyone perhaps give some pointers?

The majority of your questions are answered in the guide, but I'll reiterate it to just give you the answers:

Are you on the right track with talents? 

Yes, mostly. Germination can still be used and can still be very useful, but you're right in that the other two talents have the ability to outperform it in certain raid situations.

Again, you already know, Flourish is better than Stonebark.

Personally, I generally go by the rule of 10 item levels for something like resto druid and gearing up. As for how you are performing, it's a bit more difficult. I'd recommend making a thread in our Druid forum with a log or two so we can take a look at help on that front.

Other than that, take a look at the guide again and you should be fine! :)

P.S. Very disappointed you don't play a troll. 

46 minutes ago, Guest Lamba@ShadowsongEU said:

Hey.

Also, edit bug so adding here:

The item level upgrade advice doesn't apply to off-pieces (rings/cloak) since they do not have primary stats on them.

Guest Hippo

Whats the most worth it if I have 2 items, one that gives +70 int and the other one with +150 haste?

6 minutes ago, Guest Hippo said:

Whats the most worth it if I have 2 items, one that gives +70 int and the other one with +150 haste?

Does anything else change on the item?

On 9/16/2016 at 2:16 PM, Guest ThjokeR said:

So I have a lvl 80 druid healer, what would be the best way to do the artifacts?, just pick the healer artifact and run balance?

Dunno if you still need an answer, but 100-102 resto vs balance is mostly personal preference (don't have to save your AP items in bag vs slight speed increase, respectively). At 102, you'll pick up whichever artifact you didn't get, and just run balance for solo content. For the most part dump all AP into Resto, but if you've got some artifact knowledge and are using using off spec artifacts a lot it doesn't hurt too much to bring them up to 13 traits. (13/34 for all three off spec artifacts costs 19500 AP, which is like half a trait by the time you're in the 19-21 range. Just balance is 6500, which you can get in less than a day.)

Guest Lamba@ShadowsongEU

Thanks.

I knew I might've been sort of on the right track, I was mainly hoping for hidden pointers I might not have noticed. Like I just re-discovered that the healer staff has an active ability.

I think it's going alright though. I was just told today that I was 3rd or 4th in healing done out of 6, so it can't have been all to bad. :)

5 hours ago, Guest Lamba@ShadowsongEU said:

I think it's going alright though. I was just told today that I was 3rd or 4th in healing done out of 6, so it can't have been all to bad. :)

As long as someone else is doing worse, it's all OK!

Guest Lamba@ShadowsongEU
On 2/10/2016 at 5:42 AM, Blainie said:

As long as someone else is doing worse, it's all OK!

I don't really mind.

Imo, people are failing at healing when all they look at is healing meters and spamming their mana like they're a DPS who only has to worry about GCD. Often in that one complete normal run, I'd have >80% man left when the other 5 were below 30%, not because I'm just AFK'ing, but because it seems like they're all spamhealing like it's a race or something. So I just cast wrath's or something until they start being a bit conservative with their mana.

Also, I'm having a hard time understanding why a 30 man raid with 3 druid healers, people rush to top off people. It's not like normal is all that full of one shot mechanics and with 3 druids, everyone will eventually be topped with hots. Hakuna matata and all that. :)

Hence I'm trying to focus on how I can improve in 5 man content. I'm not quite sure wether to go for Germination or the tranq talent for example. I never REALLY feel like tranq is on CD when I need it, maybe because I use it too seldom in reality. On the other hand, I've never done anything harder 5 man content than mythic+ at the lowest level, so I don't know if Germination is weaker than the tranq talent at higher difficulty. I'm not quite sure how to use the staff ability either. From your page it seems like I should throw up a lot of hots, then use staff.

So would it be like if I know there's a lot of damage coming the group's way, I should (double) hot up, maybe use a swiftmend if need be and then do a 5 person WG, then use staff? Or do I use staff before?

- Also, would the rotation for raidhealing in that regarde be something like throw around some rejuvs, swiftmend, WG, staff and then flourish while keep adding rejuvs afterward... or?

Thanks in advance. :)

Guest Lamba@ShadowsongEU

Seemingly no way to edit. Just wanted to add to the previous post about healing done, that the healing officer was a bit surprised that I healed pretty much the same as the main resto druid, but did it in a very different way, specifically he noted that I did almost the same amount of healing with WG and rejuv, while normally, the druids do a significant part with their rejuvs.

I've played druid healer since BC, but often only as the odd 3rd or 4th alt, so I've never really dived deep into how it works. Last I played, you pretty much pressed (instant) WG whenever possible and used lifebloom and rejuv to cover rest. Never really played when the shroom was a thing and still "learning" that Healing Touch is sorta the new Nourish.

On 10/3/2016 at 10:22 AM, Guest Lamba@ShadowsongEU said:

Hence I'm trying to focus on how I can improve in 5 man content.

The choice between the talents depends entirely on what you're doing, basically. Different dungeons have different requirements, as well as your group. If you need the big tranquility constantly due to group-wide damage in high M+, you take the tranq talent. Otherwise, I'd take Germination the majority of the time.

As for the artifact, yes. You basically want as much value from it as possible, so you want as many HoTs up as possible before using it. 

I'd flourish before the artifact ability, otherwise yes.

Guest Hawklan

Just a little alternative build / play style I cam up with.

Performs quite well imo despite it being based on two of the talents not recommended by this guide: AbundanceAbundance and Moment of ClarityMoment of Clarity.

As far as I do understand the math keeping up 4 RejuvenationRejuvenation on your party/raid will give you a 100% crit chance with RegrowthRegrowth (similar to the glyph in WoD).
Tip: PersistencePersistence will make keeping up the Rejuvs easier - one could even consider GerminationGermination though I prefer Inner PeaceInner Peace.

Having 100% crit on Regrowth also guarantees you Living SeedLiving Seed every time.
Taking Seeds of the World TreeSeeds of the World Tree into account that gives you 2.8 x Regrowth for the price of one  - quite impressive I think.

Of course Regrowth is an expensive spell - that is when Moment of Clarity shines in this build.
Also with the 4 Rejuvenations running you have a considerably reduced cast time for Healing TouchHealing Touch in case you really need to save mana.

Finally add the effects of Blessing of the World TreeBlessing of the World Tree and Power of the ArchdruidPower of the Archdruid and you get a very well performing build.

Guest Hawklan

Sorry, got that numbers mixed up - it is not 2.8 x RegrowthRegrowth but  3.6 for the price of one.

Also forgot to mention an important fact many people do not know about Living SeedLiving Seed.
If you cast a 100% crit regrowth on a target that already has a Living Seed buff on them ... the seeds stack.
After the cast there will be one seed buff on the target with the timer reset and double the heal amount.

On 10/5/2016 at 10:34 PM, Guest Hawklan said:

Just a little alternative build / play style I cam up with.

Fair enough and thanks for contributing, but a few things to note:

As far as I do understand the math keeping up 4 RejuvenationRejuvenation on your party/raid will give you a 100% crit chance with RegrowthRegrowth (similar to the glyph in WoD).

I'm not sure why you need 100% crit chance on regrowth, since it already has a very high chance to crit without any additional input. 

Having 100% crit on Regrowth also guarantees you Living SeedLiving Seed every time.
Taking Seeds of the World TreeSeeds of the World Tree into account that gives you 2.8 x Regrowth for the price of one  - quite impressive I think.

Please note that the target has to be attacked, so for 95% of the raid, this means nothing. It has to be a single target attack, which means only the tanks will benefit from this, and even then, only the one that is actively tanking at the time.

On 10/5/2016 at 11:21 PM, Guest Hawklan said:

Also forgot to mention an important fact many people do not know about Living SeedLiving Seed.
If you cast a 100% crit regrowth on a target that already has a Living Seed buff on them ... the seeds stack.
After the cast there will be one seed buff on the target with the timer reset and double the heal amount.

See comment above.

Guest Hawklan

It has to be a single target attack, which means only the tanks will benefit from this, and even then, only the one that is actively tanking at the time.

Thanks for pointing that out.
I had assumed that Living Seed is triggered by any damage a player takes - be it direkt, AOE or whatever.

Still maybe a powerful spec for mythic+ and specialized tank healing in raids but not useful for raid healing.

On 10/8/2016 at 10:40 PM, Guest Hawklan said:

Thanks for pointing that out.
I had assumed that Living Seed is triggered by any damage a player takes - be it direkt, AOE or whatever.

Still maybe a powerful spec for mythic+ and specialized tank healing in raids but not useful for raid healing.

Definitely possible that it could work in M+, yeah, but I agree. For raid healing, it just doesn't quite do the job!