FORUMS
Damien

Beast Mastery Hunter 7.3

Just now, Iridar said:

While leveling as MM, it was convenient to have Black Arrow in addition to pet. Even with Misdirection and Tenacity talent tree, MM pet isn't very good at holding aggro, and it was convenient to have Black Arrow tanking any additional mobs I would pull. Black Arrow also proved to be useful in rare mob hunting, as the pet isn't that tanky.

Consider also using Patient Sniper. It is harder to play with, but has potential to do much more damage, and it's better for leveling as well so you don't have to ramp up your Marked Shot / Aimed Shot damage.

Oh thank you for those tips.  Appreciate your patience with me.  

Guest Contemn

Yo everyone. I just finished reading up on the new addition with Tempered Egg of Serpentrix. I looked at both MM and BM and came to a fairly quick question just by looking at the sims:

Have you taken into account that the little serpents spawned by the egg are named guardians and thus scales with BM mastery? It sure doesn't look like it on the sims. ;)

I have tested it on live a few days ago and it sure did have a major effect on the little serpents, whether you are BM or MM. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:03 AM, Guest Contemn said:

Yo everyone. I just finished reading up on the new addition with Tempered Egg of Serpentrix. I looked at both MM and BM and came to a fairly quick question just by looking at the sims:

Have you taken into account that the little serpents spawned by the egg are named guardians and thus scales with BM mastery? It sure doesn't look like it on the sims. ;)

I have tested it on live a few days ago and it sure did have a major effect on the little serpents, whether you are BM or MM. 

I too was curious if it scaled with Mastery. On the subject of Mastery, is there any diminishing returns once it gets really high? I have 80% Mastery right now.

29 minutes ago, chicken said:

I too was curious if it scaled with Mastery. On the subject of Mastery, is there any diminishing returns once it gets really high? I have 80% Mastery right now.

All stats have DR but there is not really any magical formula. It's not about how much you have of a stat either, it's how much of it you have in relation to all the other stats.

Hi! I boosted my Hunter to 100 :)

I have a noobish question. How do Hunters get to their class hall? Do I really must teleport to Dalaran and then fly to it? Is there a portal in Dalaran maybe?

21 minutes ago, yoco007 said:

Hi! I boosted my Hunter to 100 :)

I have a noobish question. How do Hunters get to their class hall? Do I really must teleport to Dalaran and then fly to it? Is there a portal in Dalaran maybe?

The eagle from Talua is instant. You fly for a few seconds and then teleport there. She is near the Flight Master.

38 minutes ago, yoco007 said:

Thank you very much for that info! :D

No problem. If you have any other questions like the previous, feel free to ask in our Hunter forum. :) 

Guest aceperson

if you want to min max between the two items you should look up the addon pawn and use the strings provided in this guide to compare. you will need to do stat boosts not attached to the item (such as the hunter class hall 6p) by hand using the stat weights provided.

Hey Azortharion, been following you since WoD, love your guides! :D

My question for you is this. Is the class set any good? I acquired all 8 pieces today, and was wondering if it's worth dropping some of my Mythic gear and Mythic WF, even though it's a slight upgrade on each piece.

The 2k haste (that has no CD) plus the extra 500 agility seems appealing, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Viper998

Guest Evgen

Sorry, but on other web-sites (noxxic) i see information that haste is  the worst stat for BM.

What you think about it?

1 hour ago, Guest Evgen said:

Sorry, but on other web-sites (noxxic) i see information that haste is  the worst stat for BM.

What you think about it?

Noxxic is not a reliable source of information.  Even the Devs had said this.

Guest aceperson

i can see what they are doing when they valued crit above haste (not versatility... like what?). the problem comes from the inconsistency of using a crit build. if you're stacking crit its to get wild call procs for more pets and thus gaining more from your mastery then you really ever could with haste. there in lies the problem with the fact no matter what you do its 20% chance on a crit to get the proc. if you can get streaks of 4 or 5 going that's a lot more pets and beastial wraths then you could even do with.

this guide is more around consistent damage which is more geared towards end game raiding. if you don't get those 4 or 5 extra rpocs then you lose a lot of dps but with haste you get a steady stream of dps. in the end it's some people going for the highest theoretical output against other people going for the most consistent output.

Noxxic doesn't choose Crit because they think it's better for any real reason, they literally ran a sim, took it at face value and said that was the best way to go which is obviously idiocy.

• Like 1

Guest Fafurion

Hi Azor, I was watching u quite while on streams and u are good

I have few questions

1st. 

Is there any cap for stats such as Mastery or Haste?? 

I have almost 96% Mastery and around 18% Haste, should I focus more on Haste now??

2nd

At the Sims u are using Bloothirsty Insrinct, but this trinket says "During a melee attacks" does it mean the Pet trigger this trinket?

3rd

Are u saying The Stomp beats as Dire Frenzy as Chymera?

AMoC beats as Barrage as Volley?

Thanks for ur time, best regards

1) Depends, it's best to simulate your own char for it but it ultimately does not matter.

2) No, ranged attacks trigger it.

3) Yes, that's what the guide says. For both.

Guest Yawgmoth

yeah i also wonder why crit is so underrated for bm and then i look at the talent choices of those guides and see that they dont look into synergy at all

i m not saying u should ignore haste and mastery those have sweet abilities to scale with too but CRIT scales with everything a bm has

more crit gives u more resets on dire beast (especially with the talent "one with the pack")=  more stomps with dire beasts+more focus+bigger uptime for wrath (as each dire beast will reduce wrath cd)

it s basically a snowball effect which cant be "simply" simmed

It can be simply simmed. That's exactly what simulations are for, to try and quantify what you can't quantify by pure intuition. Crit is worse than Haste for BM. It's close, but it's still worse. Just because you **say** that it's good doesn't make it true. I don't know why you think a simulator cannot replicate this pretty easily. Do you know what a simulator does? How stat weights are inferred from it?

I currently have 69% Mastery, 20% Crit, 14% Haste and 9% Vers (all rounded numbers). I have a feeling my Crit is a little bit on the lower side, or is it still better to stack mastery/haste over crit?

Any thoughts on this is appreciated, thanks!

On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 1:49 AM, Vicolan said:

Im still a little confused about the relic rankings. I have a 850 relic in my weapon, but it is for 3% increased dmg for cobra shot. I just got an 840 that is for jaws of thunder. I don't know if i should keep the 850 with crappy trait or replace with the 840 with the better trait. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well that's a question that is burning on my mind too...