FORUMS
Damien

Marksmanship Hunter 7.3

2 hours ago, Guest Trightz said:

So I just got back into playing WoW. I took a break back in March and things have certainly changed. I was at ilvl 890 when I left. Now that's clearly not anywhere as good as it was back in March. And now my stats are all screwballed. Is there a generalized Pawn string for MM Hunters (First time using Pawn) or could someone let me know what my stat #'s should be at generally (i.e  Mastery at or above 25, Crit at or above 25, Haste at, around, or above 15, ect).

Also, I've read multiple comments above and keep hearing folks say raidbot and simming themselves. What exactly are they referring to?

Any sound help would be extremely appreciated!

-T

Download the addon SimC and when you get in-game just simply type /simc and it brings up all the required data to sim your character. You then copy that, go to raidbots.com and hit the stat weights section, and paste it in the box below your character selection, and hit generate stat weights. 

If you have the pawn addon downloaded, you can then copy the pawn string and import it into pawn and it'll show those stat weights in-game. It varies greatly depending on your gear and your set bonuses/legendaries too.

• Like 1

Guest Ryle

Hi Azor,

Can we have a Antorus best-inslot list without the T20 ?
My hunter is an alt, so the T20 mythic gear is not an option :)

Thx !

24 minutes ago, Guest Ryle said:

Hi Azor,

Can we have a Antorus best-inslot list without the T20 ?
My hunter is an alt, so the T20 mythic gear is not an option :)

Thx !

You will simply replace the 2-set with your best off-pieces, you can sim to find out which ones you should be using. There's nothing special that you can replace it with.

Guest sadasc

does Raidbots sim pantheon trinket with this special proc? If yes, does it count that 20 ppl have trinket?

Guest Crucible Typo

Hello,

In the guide it says that Precision & Windrunner's guidance increase Marked Shot Damage/Critical Strike by 3%. In game it says 13%. Wondering if this is a typo and if it isn't if that changes the ranking of these.

On 12/20/2017 at 5:50 PM, Guest sadasc said:

does Raidbots sim pantheon trinket with this special proc? If yes, does it count that 20 ppl have trinket?

You can set how many people have the trinket in the sim options.

11 hours ago, Guest Crucible Typo said:

Hello,

In the guide it says that Precision & Windrunner's guidance increase Marked Shot Damage/Critical Strike by 3%. In game it says 13%. Wondering if this is a typo and if it isn't if that changes the ranking of these.

We can't update the tooltips (they don't come from us), but the information is done using the live values. It's all correct.

17 hours ago, Guest Crucible Typo said:

Hello,

The individual trait only increases by 3%, but when you've got your Crucible open, it shows it as having your current rank, i.e. 13% which then becomes 16% if you choose that trait.

• Like 1

Guest Araaz

I think the latest changes to the opener missing mark shots to keep the vulnerability up. Just wanted to point it out. Or is this the new rotation with t20 2 pcs. 

Hi Azor,

thanks a lot for all the info.

But still I'm having trouble of executing the opener with only T20 2pc. I have around 17-18% haste, as soon as the true shot is on, within the first vulnerable window I can do 2 aimed shots > 1 arcane shot > 1 aimed shot, and I do have the focus for another aimed shot but can't get it on the same vulnerable window as I'm not using the t20 4pcs. This might be a issue for hunters who has less haste for sure. So do I need to forget about the vulnerability for the forth aimed shot just to activate the t20 2set bonus? 

On 12/25/2017 at 5:12 PM, Guest Araaz said:

I think the latest changes to the opener missing mark shots to keep the vulnerability up. Just wanted to point it out. Or is this the new rotation with t20 2 pcs. 

By the time you finish your first rotation of Vuln, you won't have enough focus to have any reason to cast it. That's why you AS up to 90 before popping MS again.

On 12/26/2017 at 10:02 PM, Araaz said:

So do I need to forget about the vulnerability for the forth aimed shot just to activate the t20 2set bonus? 

Let it drop, follow the pairs opener. It's fine if you miss those few seconds of vuln in the opener for T20 maintenance.

Guest Thaya

Does Windburst have any significant role in the Sidewinders playstyle?

I tend to just not use it outside of pull since Vulnerability uptime isn't an issue at all in the playstyle. Even during the "downtime" of that build where you're just waiting for more Focus for another Aimed Shot, using some of that precious Focus for a Windburst kind of feels like a waste.

Am I missing something or it's perfectly reasonable to literally just use Windburst in the opener once when playing with Sidewinders?

18 hours ago, Guest Thaya said:

Does Windburst have any significant role in the Sidewinders playstyle?

I tend to just not use it outside of pull since Vulnerability uptime isn't an issue at all in the playstyle. Even during the "downtime" of that build where you're just waiting for more Focus for another Aimed Shot, using some of that precious Focus for a Windburst kind of feels like a waste.

Am I missing something or it's perfectly reasonable to literally just use Windburst in the opener once when playing with Sidewinders?

Realistically that's mostly all I use it for. Unless I've somehow gotten focus capped by dealing with a mechanic, in which case I'll use it to dump focus with some aimed shot then back into sidewinders. Essentially you can just use it as a 'get vulnerable up if you're at higher focus' kind of thing.

Guest addon?

Any replacement for ClassMods? The author stopped updating since Sept of last year.

3 hours ago, Guest addon? said:

Any replacement for ClassMods? The author stopped updating since Sept of last year.

Please refer to the response above you.

Guest Gear issue

I have a scenario, i have tier 20 helm and hands, 

I got the tier 21 helm, cloak, chest, and hands

legendary is feather boots, and roots

I got the legendary gloves 2 days ago.  what should i do.?  hope for tier 21 legs and shoulders and use the 4 piece & 2 piece with boots and in my case zevriums for my legionaries? Or hope for tier 21 shoulders or legs and use the legendary gloves? This would remove tier 20 2 piece. 

5 hours ago, Guest Gear issue said:

I have a scenario, i have tier 20 helm and hands, 

I got the tier 21 helm, cloak, chest, and hands

legendary is feather boots, and roots

I got the legendary gloves 2 days ago.  what should i do.?  hope for tier 21 legs and shoulders and use the 4 piece & 2 piece with boots and in my case zevriums for my legionaries? Or hope for tier 21 shoulders or legs and use the legendary gloves? This would remove tier 20 2 piece. 

www.raidbots.com - use the gear compare function to plug in your proposed scenarios. Ilvl, your current stat weights etc all have a massive impact on what items to use. 

Hi The Basics for the Mark Hunter requires updating. Having opted to create the a 100 Mark hunter I was relying on this site to support how I set up a rotations. Help required please.

Jenex

3 hours ago, Jenex said:

Hi The Basics for the Mark Hunter requires updating. Having opted to create the a 100 Mark hunter I was relying on this site to support how I set up a rotations. Help required please.

Jenex

Hi there! What do you feel requires updating? AFAIK, it's up-to-date, but perhaps I'm missing something.

OK BfA is coming and it' time to say good bye. The Marksmanship Hunter in Legion was incredibly beautiful to play. Unfortunately, the new style does not suit me! Many thanks especially to Azortharion for years of awesome GOOD work. I will continue to follow. Now the time has come for my owl and the beautiful mechanic. See you soon ...

On 5/25/2018 at 5:12 AM, tash0r said:

OK BfA is coming and it' time to say good bye. The Marksmanship Hunter in Legion was incredibly beautiful to play. Unfortunately, the new style does not suit me! Many thanks especially to Azortharion for years of awesome GOOD work. I will continue to follow. Now the time has come for my owl and the beautiful mechanic. See you soon ...

Thanks for checking out the guides through Legion! Hopefully we'll see you on the owl guide too :D

Guest PatrickSucks

I have been pushing for a rotation where i can used marked shot > arcane > arcane > aimed > aimed. I tried it at 24 to 29% haste but it always seems the last aimed shot is flirting with vulnerability timer wearing off. What am I missing. Is the cutoff when it is fired or when it hits? thanks ?