FORUMS
Damien

Survival Hunter 7.3

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2.5 - all questions about "What is better for 7.2.5, X or Y?" will be answered in our guide updates. Thanks for your patience while we get everything completed and good luck in the new patch!

Guest Guest

Stat weight has been updated, but it's wrong. The set bonus got nerfed from 3x to 2x so the mastery chance isn't 16% anymore for a guaranteed proc, it's 25%. So is the list above it still right?

On 6/14/2017 at 8:06 AM, Guest Guest said:

Stat weight has been updated, but it's wrong. The set bonus got nerfed from 3x to 2x so the mastery chance isn't 16% anymore for a guaranteed proc, it's 25%. So is the list above it still right?

I believe this has now been updated.

Guest SacredBlaze

Following the opening of Tomb of Sargeras, I found out a interesting Legendary + Trinket combo that might be very good:

Cradle of Anguish + Prydaz

Of course the effectivenes of this combo depends entirely on the boss fight and the RNG of abilities you might get, but it's interesting because Prydaz gives you flat out amazing stats. The absortion shield of 25% of your Max health has a great synergy with Cradle of Anguish. The trinket stacks Agility, with 900 ilvl you have a 2300 agility permanentely until your health goes down 50%. This is where the Pydaz absortion shield will be not only useful for your survability but also for your damage. It's pretty rare that your health drops under 75% (25% of prydaz + 50% of your max health) by a single mechanic, thus the uptime of Cradle of Anguish will sky rocket.

What do you guys think of this combo?

On 6/22/2017 at 10:14 AM, Guest SacredBlaze said:

What do you guys think of this combo?

The issue is, you are giving up a legendary slot for what is essentially a mid-tier legendary. Call of the Wild can add nearly double the amount of DPS that Prydaz can. I really don't think it's worth it and, given the effect of Cradle, it's basically just a glorified stat stick. 

Guest SacredBlaze
9 hours ago, Blainie said:

The issue is, you are giving up a legendary slot for what is essentially a mid-tier legendary. Call of the Wild can add nearly double the amount of DPS that Prydaz can. I really don't think it's worth it and, given the effect of Cradle, it's basically just a glorified stat stick. 

Of course I'm counting on Call of the Wild as a permanent legendary, I'm talking about the second legendary. The real competition for the second legendary slot (in my opinion) is between Sephuz, Frizzo's, Prydaz, Kil'Jaden or even Butcher's appron (giving up one of your tier bonuses)

Guest SacredBlaze
9 hours ago, Blainie said:

Of course I'm taking into account Call of the Wild as your primary legendary, I'm talking about your second legendary. The real competion (in my opinion) for your second legendary comes to Sephuz (for general use or if you can interrupt any cast), Frizzo's (for cleave), Butcher's appron (for burst AoE) or Kil'Jaden (for less AoE than Butchers but keeping your tier bonuses).

On 02/07/2017 at 9:41 PM, Guest SacredBlaze said:

Of course I'm counting on Call of the Wild as a permanent legendary, I'm talking about the second legendary. The real competition for the second legendary slot (in my opinion) is between Sephuz, Frizzo's, Prydaz, Kil'Jaden or even Butcher's appron (giving up one of your tier bonuses)

Prydaz is still 5-10K off the higher second legendaries in ST though, even more so on multi-target for some. And the actual trinket is basically just a stat stick that can sometimes become far less powerful on any fight where healers might struggle or you have to soak things.

Guest SacredBlaze
On 12/7/2017 at 10:10 PM, Blainie said:

Prydaz is still 5-10K off the higher second legendaries in ST though, even more so on multi-target for some. And the actual trinket is basically just a stat stick that can sometimes become far less powerful on any fight where healers might struggle or you have to soak things.

True, I got Lucky and got a 930 Maiden Trinket (The one you have to collect orbs around you) and I gotta say.. If it's not bugged it's certainly OP as hell. The stat itself (Mastery) kind of sucks but the proc rate +7500 agility is not bad at all (I stimate a couple of procs per minute) but whats unbelievable strong is the fact that if you get Lucky and get múltiple procs in a row, the buff duration does not reset.. IT STACKS. Yesterday I managed to extend it's duration from 15 seconds to almost a freaking minute (attached image)

I would average the uptime to be around 40% with some low lows of ~15% and some high highs of +70%

I replaced my 890 Blood Instincs for this one. It was that or removing my 900 convergence of fates

Have anyone else tested this trinket or others from ToS?

unknown.png

On 13/07/2017 at 9:39 PM, Guest SacredBlaze said:

I replaced my 890 Blood Instincs for this one. It was that or removing my 900 convergence of fates

Just a note on this - you chose right, the CoF is stronger. The maiden trinket does sound super overpowered, though - I'd expect a nerf to it soon if it remains this strong.

Guest Guest

Guys I´m a WoW Newbi and I want to try out the Hunter but I do not know what spec I should use. Can someone help me out ?

Guest SacredBlaze
22 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Guys I´m a WoW Newbi and I want to try out the Hunter but I do not know what spec I should use. Can someone help me out ?

Hi there, if you are 100% New to wow I would suggest to you to start with Beast Mastery. Is simple, is great for solo content and deals good damage.

Survival Hunter is one of the most complex specs in the game and is very dificult to achieve a competitive position in the damage metters. If you are willing to invest a huge time getting by the learning curve, or if you just like the spec Fantasy of survival (which in ny opinión is amazing), then go for it.

On 8/1/2017 at 9:46 AM, Guest Guest said:

I'm going to second Sacred's point about BM. It's simple, yet effective. Stay away from Survival unless you really want to play it, since it gets incredibly difficult. 

On 8/2/2017 at 8:31 AM, Guest SacredBlaze said:

Hi there, if you are 100% New to wow I would suggest to you to start with Beast Mastery. Is simple, is great for solo content and deals good damage.

Thanks for helping to answer!

• Like 1

Guest fishpoop

Hey, Azor makes note to the "pumpo build" on the legendary page - where exactly is it? Can't seem to find it on the front page

On 8/13/2017 at 7:42 PM, Guest fishpoop said:

Hey, Azor makes note to the "pumpo build" on the legendary page - where exactly is it? Can't seem to find it on the front page

Not sure where you were seeing this, but I can no longer find it. Hopefully you found the info you were looking for, though.

Guest SacredBlaze
7 hours ago, Blainie said:

Not sure where you were seeing this, but I can no longer find it. Hopefully you found the info you were looking for, though.

On the legendary section, theres a clarification on the Legendary Frizzos Ring about a "pumpo" build. I couldn't find that build either

On 8/24/2017 at 11:47 AM, Guest SacredBlaze said:

On the legendary section, theres a clarification on the Legendary Frizzos Ring about a "pumpo" build. I couldn't find that build either

Ah - it's in the T20 build comparison chart. With Animal Instincts, CoF, T20-4P and T19-2P.

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not. 

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

Guest Xardas

how many mastery % we need for tos set? i back to hunter and i have only set nighold

20 hours ago, Guest Xardas said:

how many mastery % we need for tos set? i back to hunter and i have only set nighold

If you're looking for stat caps, you should use https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/stats. It will give you the best idea of stat weights, rather than aiming at any kind of % cap besides Haste.

Guest xardas

Frizzo's Fingertrap - Best in Slot when using the Pumpo build. Good cleave/AoE legendary even when not using that build.

can someone explain what is pumpo build?

On 9/22/2017 at 1:46 PM, Guest xardas said:

Frizzo's Fingertrap - Best in Slot when using the Pumpo build. Good cleave/AoE legendary even when not using that build.

can someone explain what is pumpo build?

You can find it in the build comparison image on the front of the guide.

T-20 4-piece, T-19 2-piece, Frizzos, Animal Instricts, Convergence of Fates.

Guest Xardasos

hey

today i see a human hunter survi (female) she attack dummy on classhol and always when she have 3+stack of moongose bite she shine for red color. its a glyph ,visual bug, or only humans have dis?