FORUMS
Damien

Arcane Mage 7.3

Yeah, it is. Should fix itself in the coming days :p

Quote of Viability in the Current Patch: " Arcane is currently weak relative to competitor specs. It handles pack-to-pack AoE very well, making it a great choice for dungeons, but lacks the sustained damage necessary to compete on boss encounters. "

This refers just for upcoming prepatch, right?

This is not a prediction for lvl 110 an artifact weapon?

Guest Ruesan

"Although Arcane Power Icon Arcane Power lasts 15 seconds, you should not re-cast Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power after the first expires in order to cover all of Arcane Power Icon Arcane Power. " Arcane Power's duration is now only 10 seconds, so the last 2 sentences in  "2.5 Rune of Power" aren't neccessary :D

4 minutes ago, Guest Ruesan said:

"Although Arcane Power Icon Arcane Power lasts 15 seconds, you should not re-cast Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power after the first expires in order to cover all of Arcane Power Icon Arcane Power. " Arcane Power's duration is now only 10 seconds, so the last 2 sentences in  "2.5 Rune of Power" aren't neccessary :D

That's been edited out, based off of Artifact stuff (which extends AP a little).

5 hours ago, checkmate said:

Quote of Viability in the Current Patch: " Arcane is currently weak relative to competitor specs. It handles pack-to-pack AoE very well, making it a great choice for dungeons, but lacks the sustained damage necessary to compete on boss encounters. "

This refers just for upcoming prepatch, right?

This is not a prediction for lvl 110 an artifact weapon?

It applies to both, actually, though Fire is stronger in dungeons.

Guest arcmage

It is not possible the maintain a stable Mana pool by casting spells at 4 Arcane Charge Icon Arcane Charges

I just did this while stacking the quickening talent to 100 stacks and regen mana back up to 100%

Guest arcane mage

they fucked up arcane we dont even have a bigg damage increase now thanks blizzard 

and where is int buff

Haste doesn't increase manaregeneration anymore!
Therefore I think haste became our worst stat except for really short fights with huge burst.

• Like 1

Ok so i posted this in other forums and started my own topic too but will ask here as well. Did they nerf the gear cause I went from 70% Mastery to 31% mastery overnight with at least a 15k dps loss down to 25-30k. I've posted this on WoW forums, Facebook friends and asked trade chat all with either bullshit answers or nothing. Patch notes don't say anything about gear nerfing but with 6 weeks left till expac I cant believe they would nerf your stats so soon.

Any answers here??

Or at least noticing the same loss??

@Lily is right, Haste doesn't affect mana regeneration anymore. And because Arcane causes direct damage (i.e. no DOTs), the only effect Haste provides are shorter cast times. Allow me to present two compelling arguments against Haste. 1: Realistically, a 5% or 10% improvement in cast time is likely to go unnoticed, as it will always be affected by network latency. 2: Mana regeneration is now affected by Mastery, not Haste. Increasing Haste allows you to burn through Mana quicker, without the added effect of speeding up the regen rate.

On the other hand, a 5% or 10% increase in Critical Strike makes a huge difference, and a crit strike is extra 100% of damage for the price of one, effectively conserving your Mana. Therefore I'd advocate for moving Haste to #4 in the list, and making Critical Strike #3 instead.

Edited by Grayffin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tigersharrk said:

Ok so i posted this in other forums and started my own topic too but will ask here as well. Did they nerf the gear cause I went from 70% Mastery to 31% mastery overnight with at least a 15k dps loss down to 25-30k. I've posted this on WoW forums, Facebook friends and asked trade chat all with either bullshit answers or nothing. Patch notes don't say anything about gear nerfing but with 6 weeks left till expac I cant believe they would nerf your stats so soon.

Any answers here??

Or at least noticing the same loss??

Mastery values per 1% are different for every class. Presumably when they updated  the Mastery they also changed your baseline Mastery value. In addition, they could have changed how much Mastery amounts to 1%.

Guest Mikeprod

What about the rotation with PoF ? I think it is the same as with the t18 prioritzing AM ...

Guest T15-Talent!?

Words of PowerWords of Power must be a joke? ;-) ... Only ONE percent per each not used Mana - that feels like almost nothing, esp. if you are burning right now. For max. Opening-Burst, Presence of MindPresence of Mind should be a nice option ... but I guess, that Arcane FamiliarArcane Familiar is even serious choice, not because of slighly extra-DpS, but because of 10 % more mana-pool.

Especially in longer fights at HfC mythic, I got oom yesterday in the heat of the fight ... so today I will give my Arcane FamiliarArcane Familiar a chance ... ;)

Cheers

ChessLion

3 hours ago, Guest T15-Talent!? said:

Words of PowerWords of Power must be a joke? ;-) ... Only ONE percent per each not used Mana - that feels like almost nothing, esp. if you are burning right now. For max. Opening-Burst, Presence of MindPresence of Mind should be a nice option ... but I guess, that Arcane FamiliarArcane Familiar is even serious choice, not because of slighly extra-DpS, but because of 10 % more mana-pool.

Especially in longer fights at HfC mythic, I got oom yesterday in the heat of the fight ... so today I will give my Arcane FamiliarArcane Familiar a chance ... ;)

Cheers

ChessLion

Yeah, it's a pretty underwhelming talent :( It is best if you play optimally though. All 3 of those talents are fairly weak and close in DPS value, so feel free to experiment. I find Words to be the best for longer encounters, whereas Presence of Mind tends to dominate burst focused encounters.

Hi, I have some questions and hopefully you guys can help me. Here is my armory profile http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/blackhand/Petrosian/advanced

First of all, I am really confused about this burn and conserve phases. I never played arcane before and I know that on live servers arcane sucks hard. But it is the pre-patch and with 110 and artifact weapon arcane will hopefully be competetive again.

So this is the way I understand it after spending 2hours on the dummie:

After pull I use charged up, then rune of power and then arcane power and spam arcane blast and missiles until rune of power ends.

Then I use my second rune of power and continue to spam arcane blast and missiles until I am oom.

Now I evocate up to full mana and now the pain begins, because arcane mastery sucks on live servers. In conserve phase my goal is to stay as close to 100% mana as possible and wait for my arcane power to no longer be on cooldown.

With my actual gear, to stay close to 100% mana I can maybe build up to 2 arcane charges then arcane barrage and so on.

Is this correct?

If not, another idea I had would be: After 1st rune of power to immediately go into conserve, wait for a trinket/weapon procc and then go for 2nd rune and spam blasts / missiles.

And another question: In section "2.3. Truncating Arcane Missiles" you recommend the gnosis-addon. I installed it, but it feels weird to me.

Does a macro like /cast [nochanneling] arcane blast do the same job like gnosis so that I can continue using my quartz-castbar-addon?

Edited by checkmate
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2016 at 6:59 AM, checkmate said:

Hi, I have some questions and hopefully you guys can help me. Here is my armory profile http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/blackhand/Petrosian/advanced

First of all, I am really confused about this burn and conserve phases. I never played arcane before and I know that on live servers arcane sucks hard. But it is the pre-patch and with 110 and artifact weapon arcane will hopefully be competetive again.

So this is the way I understand it after spending 2hours on the dummie:

After pull I use charged up, then rune of power and then arcane power and spam arcane blast and missiles until rune of power ends.

Then I use my second rune of power and continue to spam arcane blast and missiles until I am oom.

Now I evocate up to full mana and now the pain begins, because arcane mastery sucks on live servers. In conserve phase my goal is to stay as close to 100% mana as possible and wait for my arcane power to no longer be on cooldown.

With my actual gear, to stay close to 100% mana I can maybe build up to 2 arcane charges then arcane barrage and so on.

Is this correct?

If not, another idea I had would be: After 1st rune of power to immediately go into conserve, wait for a trinket/weapon procc and then go for 2nd rune and spam blasts / missiles.

And another question: In section "2.3. Truncating Arcane Missiles" you recommend the gnosis-addon. I installed it, but it feels weird to me.

Does a macro like /cast [nochanneling] arcane blast do the same job like gnosis so that I can continue using my quartz-castbar-addon?

You don't have to stay at 100% mana in conserve; you need just enough Mana in the tank that you can do a full Arcane Power for your burn. I think I touched on this somewhere in the guide, but nochannel macros are frowned upon as they induce a bit of delay, which causes you to lose a lot of globals over the course of a boss fight.

16 hours ago, Guest Jdonger said:

Where is arcane intellect ?

Most buffs have been removed from the game.

Guest Great arcane explosi

So I don't get the guide. How does the new stat priority fit the 4pc tier 18 gear??

almost all gear in HFC has mastery and haste for arcane. If I use that I'm through my mana bar Twice in now time. And then what? Waiting till evocation is up? Again?

If I equip the tome it's even worse.

the only thing that works for me atm is arcane explosion. It's the only thing you can do damage that actually matters. So spamming that in the middle of bunch of ads is the biggest dmg atm.

if there's only one boss I just chill and try not to die from mechanics.

I am no expert on the mage, and especially on arcane.

Regarding your question to the rotation: Maybe my post from 23rd of July and Furtys answer  can help you.

Guest lavahead

1. Class Overview
"solid sustained damage on single target encounters"

4. Weaknesses
"Weak single-target sustained damage"

Wha?

• Like 1

On 8/14/2016 at 2:09 AM, IVaccount said:

Will it be ok to raid as Arcane, or will Fire just be better?

Fire is superior in every respect, currently.

• Like 1

Guest No thx

If fire is soo superior how is it then that I end up on top of damage meters (and dps) with arcane?

start to think that you guys didn't play arcane for quite some time.

its not only this guide. Paladin sucked as well till the community forced you to change it. Idk about the other guides, since I don't play them.

thx for the effort (copy/paste and so) but no thx