FORUMS
Damien

Fire Mage 7.3

21 hours ago, ff7freak55 said:

Ok so as long as that is accurate, i will follow that. 

Yes, follow your priority from SimC.

Hello, and thank you for providing an awesome website for WoW fire mage DPS info.  Two questions.

First, I'm confused on fire mage stat priority, since you list Mastery = Haste, then for stat weighting you have haste at 0.99 and mastery at 0.81. If Mastery = Haste, why is the stat weighting for haste so much higher? You also say " Mastery quickly becomes the most valuable stat when multiple targets are present." So once again, why the low stat weighting for Mastery?

Second, for a fire mage with a high crit build is it suitable to use an Ilvl 860 pyroclasmic paranoia fire artifact relic vs. an Ilvl 870 burning gaze fire artifact relic? It's a three item level difference, but you have the pyroclasmic paranoia relic listed as much better. 

Thank you very much, any input would be appreciated !!

On 2/16/2017 at 5:58 PM, Crazymage said:

Hello, and thank you for providing an awesome website for WoW fire mage DPS info.  Two questions.

First, I'm confused on fire mage stat priority, since you list Mastery = Haste, then for stat weighting you have haste at 0.99 and mastery at 0.81. If Mastery = Haste, why is the stat weighting for haste so much higher? You also say " Mastery quickly becomes the most valuable stat when multiple targets are present." So once again, why the low stat weighting for Mastery?

Second, for a fire mage with a high crit build is it suitable to use an Ilvl 860 pyroclasmic paranoia fire artifact relic vs. an Ilvl 870 burning gaze fire artifact relic? It's a three item level difference, but you have the pyroclasmic paranoia relic listed as much better. 

Thank you very much, any input would be appreciated !!

As it says, the stat weights are calculated for a single target. There are a reasonable number of MI fights in Nighthold, however, so Haste does retain a reasonable amount of value for raiding. I would recommend using the Burning Gaze relic.

• Like 1

Guest MegaMoth

Hey guys. I have some trinket questions.

I've gotten horn of valor Ilevel 900 (30sec intbuff, works with mirror images)

Besides that I got Star augur "Star Gate" 910 version & Anomaly "Erratic Metronome" 905.

Over at mr robot all 3 trinkets are simmed to be VERY close in dps to each other. But could it be that the mirror image buff isn't applied?

Should I just roll with the newbfriendly higher ilevel trinkets?

Guest Sunitelunar

This is a relic question. I just saw the new priority list for fire relics after I had replaced an 890 fire burning gaze with an 890 fire pyroclasmic paranoia because I was still going with the old priority list. My other relics are 880 arcane fire at will and 880 pyroclasmic paranoia. I thought the 2% increase to pyroblast damage would be an overall damage increase than the 1% increase to crit damage? Should I see if Blizzard would give me the 890 fire burning gaze back?

So on this page you have a rotation which includes use of Rune of Power.

On your Builds and Talents page you say "Mirror Image the best option for dealing single target damage, currently. "

You say to go and practice this rotation on a target dummy (which is single target obviously) or in LFR to get muscle memory.  Yet you include nothing at all about using Mirror Image on this rotation page instead of Rune of Power. So I assume you need to update your rotation page to be "correct" and in line with what talents you're telling people to use. At the least offer an alternate rotation for using the "best option" build.

Edited by smtips

This guide is wrong with regards to using Shimmer and it not interrupting your cast.  Just sat in front of a training dummy, cast fireball and then shimmer and my fireball cast was interrupted.  Secondly, Fireblast does interrupt a cast as well.

Never mind, I figured out what was going on - the guide is absolutely correct.  I had created macro's using the /stopcasting on both Shimmer and Fire Blast.  Wow, I was interrupting my own casts.  Anyone else that may have macro's go take a look at your statements and don't do the same mistake that I had done using the stopcasting statement.

Edited by Kozzie
found my own mistake in my macros

On 2/22/2017 at 7:41 PM, Guest MegaMoth said:

Hey guys. I have some trinket questions.

I've gotten horn of valor Ilevel 900 (30sec intbuff, works with mirror images)

Besides that I got Star augur "Star Gate" 910 version & Anomaly "Erratic Metronome" 905.

Over at mr robot all 3 trinkets are simmed to be VERY close in dps to each other. But could it be that the mirror image buff isn't applied?

Should I just roll with the newbfriendly higher ilevel trinkets?

I honestly can't say with the AMR sim tool - I don't use it, I pretty much only use SimC. Have you tried using that to test?

On 2/28/2017 at 1:32 AM, Guest Sunitelunar said:

This is a relic question. I just saw the new priority list for fire relics after I had replaced an 890 fire burning gaze with an 890 fire pyroclasmic paranoia because I was still going with the old priority list. My other relics are 880 arcane fire at will and 880 pyroclasmic paranoia. I thought the 2% increase to pyroblast damage would be an overall damage increase than the 1% increase to crit damage? Should I see if Blizzard would give me the 890 fire burning gaze back?

You can try, for sure, but I doubt they'll restore it unfortunately.

Guest Lylandra

For the talent section: You should specc pyromaniac instead of conflag on Trilliax because he's still bugged and will immune to conflag from time to time

23 hours ago, Guest Lylandra said:

For the talent section: You should specc pyromaniac instead of conflag on Trilliax because he's still bugged and will immune to conflag from time to time

Unsure of whether this is being fixed in 7.2 or not. Will check.

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2 - please understand that we will not be answering questions in this section about "What is better for 7.2?" prior to the patch release, since all the information will be available when the patch goes live. Please be patient and thanks for waiting!

Guest Denjell

I have a question about Relic priority vs. Artifact traits priority after 35.

Why is Everburning Consumption the best relic choice but only on priority 8 for points after 35.

And is priority 2 for cast time reduction on fireball correct. Always thought its pretty weak compared to Pyroblast damage.

3 hours ago, Guest Denjell said:

I have a question about Relic priority vs. Artifact traits priority after 35.

Why is Everburning Consumption the best relic choice but only on priority 8 for points after 35.

And is priority 2 for cast time reduction on fireball correct. Always thought its pretty weak compared to Pyroblast damage.

Will get this checked - I believe it is to do with gating based on overall DPS rather than immediate improvement, but I don't want to say it is and be wrong! Will ask Furty and get back to you :)

Guest Dan

Don't refund your artifact traits when you have 36 points invested, like the the picture of 35+ trait pathway suggests. You will get only 1 point refunded - no benefit there.

On 4/5/2017 at 7:17 AM, Guest Dan said:

Don't refund your artifact traits when you have 36 points invested, like the the picture of 35+ trait pathway suggests. You will get only 1 point refunded - no benefit there.

Where are you seeing a recommendation to refund your traits?

Guest Timothy

I believe there's a typo in 5. Tier 3 (Level45). The third bullet point, I assume, is referring to Mirror Image, but instead talks about ROP being a good substitute for ROP :P

14 hours ago, Guest Timothy said:

I believe there's a typo in 5. Tier 3 (Level45). The third bullet point, I assume, is referring to Mirror Image, but instead talks about ROP being a good substitute for ROP :P

I couldn't find exactly what you were referring to, could you quote the exact text? 

On 4/17/2017 at 4:40 AM, Guest Timothy said:

It's saying that Incanter's is a good substitute in M+ if you aren't happy using RoP. Hope this is what you are referring to.

I see a lot of top fire mages with firestarter, is it a valuable talent for mythic raid progression now ? I gain 20k+ dps on sims with FS compared to deflag so I guess it's worth giving it a shot.

Also I dropped the leg brassers last night so I now have both BIS leg (finally). Is it worth to shift my gear from a Crit/Mastery focus to Crit/Haste ?

I don't play Fire anymore so I don't know what value FS has in current content. What I do know is that Firestarter performs better in sims during fixed time fights (for example, 3 mins) than in the actual game.

I think Crit/Mastery is still better, because the BiS trinkets in Nighthold and your Fire 4-set have Haste procs so you have a lot of sources to get Haste from. Mastery is valuable because quite a few fights have cleave/add elements.

On 5/24/2017 at 11:11 AM, Drekal said:

I see a lot of top fire mages with firestarter, is it a valuable talent for mythic raid progression now ? I gain 20k+ dps on sims with FS compared to deflag so I guess it's worth giving it a shot.

Also I dropped the leg brassers last night so I now have both BIS leg (finally). Is it worth to shift my gear from a Crit/Mastery focus to Crit/Haste ?

Just retroactively adding to this - Firestarter functions in the same way that the Cindaria legendary does for leather users. The longer the fight, the less effective it is. The exception to this is when, for Firestarter, you have adds that you can constantly proc the effect from. Something like High Botanist gives you 3 separate moments in which you can benefit from it, swapping between each Tel'arn. You need to delay your Combustion so that you don't override the benefit, but only if it doesn't prevent you from using an additional Comb in a fight.

Be very wary using this talent and definitely don't use it if you can't keep gaining the benefit through adds or if you're guild takes too long to kill things.

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2.5 - all questions about "What is better for 7.2.5, X or Y?" will be answered in our guide updates. Thanks for your patience while we get everything completed and good luck in the new patch!