FORUMS
Damien

Fire Mage 7.3

On 02/07/2017 at 4:24 PM, Guest Fire one said:

Still waiting on the update ?

I believe the 7.2.5 update was made to the guide? Last month even? What are you not seeing as updated - please let me know so I can tell Furty, thanks!

On 10/07/2017 at 10:41 AM, Guest Mithras said:

I'm waiting for update tutorial.

See above, please.

Most fire mages take Firestarter in general. The talents seem fairly out of date. Kindling is also a popular choice among mythic mages. 

Guest Elroond
On 12/7/2017 at 10:46 PM, Blainie said:

I believe the 7.2.5 update was made to the guide? Last month even? What are you not seeing as updated - please let me know so I can tell Furty, thanks!

The guide needs an update in particular in talents choices for ToS and new Legendaries ;).

On 13/07/2017 at 2:29 PM, Dunkaholic said:

Most fire mages take Firestarter in general. The talents seem fairly out of date. Kindling is also a popular choice among mythic mages. 

Passing this on.

On 15/07/2017 at 6:54 AM, Guest Elroond said:

The guide needs an update in particular in talents choices for ToS and new Legendaries ;).

Will request for this to be added :)

• Like 1

Hi, 

This guide is great thanks. 

One question I have is when do you know when you have enough crit and should start focusing on other stats. Right now I am sitting at 51% crit, 30% haste, 15% mastery, and 4% versatility. Do I have too much crit and should be trying to replace some enchants or gems for more mastery. I have one Saber intellect gem, a deadly eye gems, and a couple quick dawnlight. I have enchants for crit and haste.

I would also like your opinion of the add on pawn as it recommends which gear or gems to use but it seems to conflict with this guide as it recommends the quick dawnlight gem over the deadly eye gem where as this guide does not mention the quick dawnlight gem. 

I took some time off of the game and returned and have found alot of changes so clarification on what I need to do in regards to my stats would be greatly appreciated. 

I did read the guide carefully however it did not mention a top or max percentage before you are essentially over killing on stat.

Also would like to ask if the new legendaries are all better than the older ones, for example I have two rings  Sephuz's Secret with 200 crit enchant and 150 crit gem and I have Soul of the Archamage with 200 crit enchant and 150 haste gem. I have extra crit gems if I should change the haste for gem. I am wearing a Prydaz, Xavarics Magnum Opus with Mark of the hidden satyr enchant and the Sabers 200 intellect gem that I like, but have a hard time choosing between the rings on which one I should wear, They are all upgraded to 970 item level. 

Edited by Jenn1987

14 hours ago, Jenn1987 said:

I did read the guide carefully however it did not mention a top or max percentage before you are essentially over killing on stat.

Stats for Fire in 7.2.5 are incredibly varied depending on the character in question. Crit is actually fluctuating in value heavily (from highest priority to bottom) depending on a number of things: tier sets, Firestarter or not, Koralon's legendary, etc.

If you have the tier sets, use Firestarter and have Koralon's, you will actually have Crit as your lowest priority. As a general rule of thumb, look for any upgrades in item level and use Firestarter. Get the tier set ASAP and you can start dropping crit. 

14 hours ago, Jenn1987 said:

Also would like to ask if the new legendaries are all better than the older ones, for example I have two rings  Sephuz's Secret with 200 crit enchant and 150 crit gem and I have Soul of the Archamage with 200 crit enchant and 150 haste gem. I have extra crit gems if I should change the haste for gem. I am wearing a Prydaz, Xavarics Magnum Opus with Mark of the hidden satyr enchant and the Sabers 200 intellect gem that I like, but have a hard time choosing between the rings on which one I should wear, They are all upgraded to 970 item level. 

Use Sephuz and Soul. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blainie said:

Stats for Fire in 7.2.5 are incredibly varied depending on the character in question. Crit is actually fluctuating in value heavily (from highest priority to bottom) depending on a number of things: tier sets, Firestarter or not, Koralon's legendary, etc.

If you have the tier sets, use Firestarter and have Koralon's, you will actually have Crit as your lowest priority. As a general rule of thumb, look for any upgrades in item level and use Firestarter. Get the tier set ASAP and you can start dropping crit. 

Use Sephuz and Soul. 

So Basically Blainie you are saying that I also need a new neck piece? I should sacrifice the legendary neck for the use of the two rings and hope for the ability to use more than two legendaries at a time in the future? 

On 19/07/2017 at 4:10 PM, Jenn1987 said:

So Basically Blainie you are saying that I also need a new neck piece? I should sacrifice the legendary neck for the use of the two rings and hope for the ability to use more than two legendaries at a time in the future? 

If you have one available that is of a decent item level, yeah. If you have to downgrade to an 830 neck instead of using an 880 ring or so, then keep Prydaz on. Anything above 875+ as a neck will suffice as a replacement for Prydaz, then you can use both rings.

• Like 1

Guest Why do I need this

Will the basic rotation part of "Easy Mode" ever be updated? It speaks of flame on as though it were still the talent that reset the charges of fire blast.

On 28/07/2017 at 9:21 AM, Guest Why do I need this said:

Will the basic rotation part of "Easy Mode" ever be updated? It speaks of flame on as though it were still the talent that reset the charges of fire blast.

I'll ask Furty to update it. You can essentially omit Flame On from the rotation and just follow it without it included. 

Just recieved Marquee bindings of the sun king legendary in my weekly chest for mythic plus. How do i know when the pyroblast will cause 300 percent damage? is it just a try it and see thing, i have two rings, soul of the archmage and sephuz secret along with pyrdaz, xavarics magnum opus and have been wearing the rings. according to the article the bindings of the sun king is one of the best legendaries but is there any way to know when it is going to give the extra damage?

Yeah, you get a buff when it procs. You can also set up a weakaura for it so that it's more visible.

On 8/17/2017 at 1:04 AM, Jenn1987 said:

is there any way to know when it is going to give the extra damage?

wago.io is a great place to find a WeakAura as Zadina suggests :)

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not. 

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

Guest Specialka

Why Firestarter? I can't figure why it should be used. It works only for 10% of the boss's fight, even with T20.

4 hours ago, Guest Specialka said:

Why Firestarter? I can't figure why it should be used. It works only for 10% of the boss's fight, even with T20.

The DPS bonus in those 10% on single target is more than the other talents will offer. On AoE, it gets surpassed by Conflag in specific situations, but Firestarter can still be good.

5 hours ago, Guest Specialka said:

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

The DPS bonus in those 10% on single target is more than the other talents will offer. On AoE, it gets surpassed by Conflag in specific situations, but Firestarter can still be good.

As Blaine said, stabilizing the opener and the consistency out output during that time usually amounts to more in a raid encounter than a few extra Pyroblasts or some very light ticking damage. There are also a lot of add fights or fights with long lived adds that we can continue to utilize the effect on. With Fire being less bursty and Combustion oriented and our stat budget shifting away from Critical Strike it is the perfect talent this tier to help shore up inconsistency and variability in the opener.

• Like 1

Guest Need to know basis
On 8/29/2017 at 5:02 AM, Blainie said:

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

I notice in the easy mode guide that Furty states that players should take the time to learn rune of power over incanter's flow. In the main guide itself Furty contradicts himself and states that with rune of power "it usually comes up short behind Incanter's, and is therefore not used much this tier." While I read the rest of the guide, I'm not every other user of this site and that would be confusing for most players who would like to learn the spec.

6 hours ago, Guest Need to know basis said:

I notice in the easy mode guide that Furty states that players should take the time to learn rune of power over incanter's flow. In the main guide itself Furty contradicts himself and states that with rune of power "it usually comes up short behind Incanter's, and is therefore not used much this tier." While I read the rest of the guide, I'm not every other user of this site and that would be confusing for most players who would like to learn the spec.

Ah, that's an error in the wording that wasn't updated to reflect the talents in the Easy Mode setup. We previously had Incanter's listed because it was far easier to use, but it is now better anyway. I'll get the extra text removed. 

Guest Jenotka

Are there some t20 stat weights for pawn? Can't find them anywhere, including altered time forum. And just to be clear, I mean priority after aquairing t20 4 piece. Haste, vers/mastery etc.

On 9/19/2017 at 9:37 AM, Guest Jenotka said:

Are there some t20 stat weights for pawn? Can't find them anywhere, including altered time forum. And just to be clear, I mean priority after aquairing t20 4 piece. Haste, vers/mastery etc.

Use this:

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/stats