FORUMS
Damien

Assassination Rogue 7.3

54 minutes ago, Guest Hatback said:

Thanks for the informative guide!

Just wanted to clarify one thing that didn't seem right to me....

The "Viability in Current Patch" section states:

Maybe this statement just hasn't been updated recently, but a couple things sound somewhat inaccurate:

1.  From looking at data on Warcraftlogs.com, Assassination easily outperforms Outlaw especially and also Subtlety on single target boss fights across all item levels.  I wouldn't consider this "on par".  The updated "Viability in Current Patch" sections for the Outlaw and Subtlety guides also seem to indicate that this is the case.

2. Also from the Warcraftlogs.com data, I don't see any indication that Assassination scales poorly compared to Subtlety.  It looks more like Assassination and Subtlety scale about equally, with Assassination generally beating Subtlety by roughly the same amount as item level increases.

You're absolutely right; I think I forgot to edit this section for this Rogue spec! This is the clear choice in all situations for raiding currently.

Hello Furty!

I just wanted to ask when are you going to update the gear (best in Slot) for this patch. Also wanted to thank you for the great job you've doing with this guide!! Keep the good work!!

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Belerophont said:

Hello Furty!

I just wanted to ask when are you going to update the gear (best in Slot) for this patch. Also wanted to thank you for the great job you've doing with this guide!! Keep the good work!!

Thanks

All Rogue specialization gear sections should receive a facelift later today.

On 1/21/2017 at 3:19 PM, Furty said:

All Rogue specialization gear sections should receive a facelift later today.

Hello there, 

Sorry to be a pain in the ass but, the gear sections were not updated for assassination Furty. 

Best regards

Guest Shasya

Hey guys, it's me again!

I would be rly interested in a new BiS trinket list, coz we have a lot of new trinkets in NH, and some of them looks like rly useful, some of them looks like a BiS(CoS) etc.

Another question: I have 26% crit and 146 % mastery. And i have an 880ilvl Nightblooming Frond(warforged). Should i use this trinket coz its high amount of agility and the procs (as i see, it's rly random, on some raid bosses i procs 2-3 times, sometimes it proccs even more on the some fights.) or should i use some flat stat 865 ilvl agi +crit / agi + mastery trinket? (i usually swap these trinkets if im doing some mythic+ but im asking in generally, which one worths more?)

15 hours ago, Belerophont said:

Hello there, 

Sorry to be a pain in the ass but, the gear sections were not updated for assassination Furty. 

Best regards

I believe this is due to release today (it's pending and waiting to be uploaded), sorry for the delay!

6 hours ago, Guest Shasya said:

Another question: I have 26% crit and 146 % mastery. And i have an 880ilvl Nightblooming Frond(warforged). Should i use this trinket coz its high amount of agility and the procs (as i see, it's rly random, on some raid bosses i procs 2-3 times, sometimes it proccs even more on the some fights.) or should i use some flat stat 865 ilvl agi +crit / agi + mastery trinket? (i usually swap these trinkets if im doing some mythic+ but im asking in generally, which one worths more?)

I believe the NH trinkets are getting blanket buffs, so it's likely that it will become better. If you are really stuck for trinket choices, using SimC can let you compare them. 

Alternatively, you can wait for the BiS page update (coming v. soon)!

8 hours ago, Blainie said:

I believe the NH trinkets are getting blanket buffs, so it's likely that it will become better. If you are really stuck for trinket choices, using SimC can let you compare them. 

Alternatively, you can wait for the BiS page update (coming v. soon)!

Looks like it is live now :) 

Guest Shasya

Hey!

Nice to see the BiS section! ive thought almost the same as on the page! Except the trinkets! Convergence of Fates is not better than the Arcanogolem Digit? Coz of the vendetta cd reduc?

Guest Skaz

Hey i wondering if this is accurate in section "Assassination Rogue DPS Artifact Talents/Traits and Relics (Legion 7.1.5)" it says

Relic Choice With Duskwalker's Footpads :

1. IconMaster Assassin
  2. Icon Gushing Wound
  3. Icon Master Alchemist (if using Agonizing Poison IconAgonizing Poison)
  4. IconSerrated Edge
  5. Icon Master Assassin
  6. Icon Balanced Blades.
  7. IconToxic Blades

1.  Why is Icon Master Assassin ranked "1" and then again ranked "5" ?
And do i need all 3 Icon Master Assassin for it to be effective (bis) ? //Best regards skaz

1. Nightblooming Frond Icon Nightblooming Frond
  2. Arcanogolem Digit Icon Arcanogolem Digit
  3. Eye of Command Icon Eye of Command
  4. Eye of Guarm Icon Eye of Guarm (with Mastery)
  5. Ethereal Urn Icon Ethereal Urn
  6. Hunger of the Pack Icon Hunger of the Pack
  7. Memento of Angerboda Icon Memento of Angerboda
  8. Tempered Egg of Serpentrix Icon Tempered Egg of Serpentrix
  9. Thrice-Accursed Compass Icon Thrice-Accursed Compass
  10. Chaos Talisman Icon Chaos Talisman
  11. Spontaneous Appendages Icon Spontaneous Appendages
  12. Bloodthirsty Instinct Icon Bloodthirsty Instinct
  13. Chrono Shard Icon Chrono Shard
  14. Any of the other dungeon/raid trinkets

You do not have the trinket 

Convergence of Fates  ranked anywhere on there and I'm sure it should be. If not then definately on a list for people who own  Duskwalker's Footpads  since it with the 3 vendetta relics has to push your dps % up.

Edited by Teliotec

Guest Shasya

Ayy again!

After a quick research, i found out that the Nightblooming Frond was stealthnerfed in the past few days, which is they red it's effectiveness by 50% (it should have scaled the dmg by 100% and now it scales with 50%)
It's still a BiS for Sins? Im using it and i dont have any problem with it (except the random procs). I know that i should simulate it, but im not very good at simcraft :/

3 hours ago, Guest Shasya said:

Ayy again!

After a quick research, i found out that the Nightblooming Frond was stealthnerfed in the past few days, which is they red it's effectiveness by 50% (it should have scaled the dmg by 100% and now it scales with 50%)
It's still a BiS for Sins? Im using it and i dont have any problem with it (except the random procs). I know that i should simulate it, but im not very good at simcraft :/

I'm aware of this, and the trinket list should be updated soon :) 

On 1/25/2017 at 1:31 AM, Guest Shasya said:

Hey!

Nice to see the BiS section! ive thought almost the same as on the page! Except the trinkets! Convergence of Fates is not better than the Arcanogolem Digit? Coz of the vendetta cd reduc?

It is now included in the rankings :)

On 1/25/2017 at 11:56 AM, Zindaabad said:

Hi!

Does anyone have an Pawnstring for the Pawn addon?

If you want an accurate string, I would suggest either using our general weights on the stats page or simply use SimC to find specific ones for yourself.

On 1/25/2017 at 3:33 PM, Teliotec said:

Convergence of Fates  ranked anywhere on there and I'm sure it should be. If not then definately on a list for people who own  Duskwalker's Footpads  since it with the 3 vendetta relics has to push your dps % up.

This has since been included, it was just an oversight :)

On 1/25/2017 at 0:32 PM, Guest Skaz said:

Hey i wondering if this is accurate in section "Assassination Rogue DPS Artifact Talents/Traits and Relics (Legion 7.1.5)" it says

This has now been updated :)

Also, yes 3x MA would be BiS (assuming fights are long enough to benefit from it. 

Hey Guys,

i got the ravenholdt insignia today. so does this change anything in mythic+ at multiple targets? or is it still better spamming fan of knifes at 3+ targets? or does this change to 4+ targets or something like that. first i thought that insignia could be a good AOE-DPS increase. But then i realised, that i never use mutilate on multiple targets :D

Edited by nbf77

10 hours ago, nbf77 said:

Hey Guys,

i got the ravenholdt insignia today. so does this change anything in mythic+ at multiple targets? or is it still better spamming fan of knifes at 3+ targets? or does this change to 4+ targets or something like that. first i thought that insignia could be a good AOE-DPS increase. But then i realised, that i never use mutilate on multiple targets :D

Will double check with Furty and let you know.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2017 at 0:32 PM, Guest Skaz said:

And do i need all 3 Icon Master Assassin for it to be effective (bis) ? //Best regards skaz

Just further to my comment above, keep in mind that 3x MA is now only BiS if you have the Footpads. If not, Gushing Wound is best. 

Guest Slinkeril

Just a heads up, agonizing poison was hotfixed on 1/31 and seems to be a large hit to DPS. 

Guest Souichirou

Curious why Draught of souls isnt even listed on the BiS trinket listing when its clearly BiS with CoF fallowing behind.

13 hours ago, Guest Slinkeril said:

Just a heads up, agonizing poison was hotfixed on 1/31 and seems to be a large hit to DPS. 

Will notify Furty, thanks!

1 hour ago, Guest Souichirou said:

Curious why Draught of souls isnt even listed on the BiS trinket listing when its clearly BiS with CoF fallowing behind.

I'm not sure why it isn't included - I imagine it is an oversight. Will notify Furty.