Damien

Assassination Rogue 7.2

400 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Assassination Rogue guide for Legion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like this guide isn't optimal yet. Let's begin with the opener section: Even though it's obvious to me, most of people will miss out to pre-cast Tricks of the Trade Tricks of the Trade on the main tank before the boss is pulled. In general the use of Tricks of the Trade Tricks of the Trade isn't mentioned, for example using it mid-fight to get spawned adds off the healers by transfering threat. Moreover Exsanguinate Exsanguinate is mentioned a lot during this guide, but it seems like it has been forgotten on the opener section.  What about KingsbaneKingsbane + a whole section for Artifact weapons?

A better opener would be:

Always start the pull from Stealth Stealth

-2. Pre-Cast Tricks of the Trade Tricks of the Trade on main tank

-1. Use Draenic Agility Potion Draenic Agility Potion right before the pull timer ends

0. Cast Shadowstep Shadowstep or Sprint Sprint 

1. Apply Garrote Garrote (awards the first combo point)

2. Apply Hemorrhage Hemorrhage (to make sure next Rupture is buffed. Awards the second combo point)

3. Cast Mutilate Mutilate twice (6 Combo Point Cap reached - notice that you could overcap due to a Seal Fate Seal Fate proc which theoretically leads to a DPS loss)

4. Activate Vendetta Vendetta (along with Racials e.g. Berserking Berserking and trinkets) on the primary target

5. Cast Vanish Vanish and follow up with a Rupture Rupture (which now is buffed by  Vendetta VendettaHemorrhage HemorrhageNightstalker Nightstalker and Berserking Berserking)

6. Cast Exsanguinate Exsanguinate 

7. Cast Kingsbane Kingsbane

8. Begin Mutilate Mutilate spam until you have 5-6 Combo Points and use them on Envenom Envenom to increase our Kingsbane Kingsbane buff

9. Reapply a 5-6 Combo Point Rupture Rupture

10. Garrote Garrote should be off cooldown now, reapply it and begin with normal single target rotation.

 

Just my thoughts :) Thanks for the effort tho!

Edited by Dexter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We fixed the Exsanguinate issue 30 minutes ago or so :p It had been accidentally removed from the opener. I'll let Furty discuss the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going through a lot of theory right now. A thing thats for sure, is, that you are missing DPS by not applying an early Hemorrhage. Even if you overcap then, I don't think that it's even worth going for a 6CP Rupture without Hemorrhage's 25% dmg buff + the bleeding from Hemorrhage until you reach that point. When you are at a single target rotation this is sure a thing to do, but I feel like it's not worth in the opener. Not quite sure tho, correct me here!

Questionable is (in my opener) if you should Vendetta after you are done with your 2 Mutilate's or before. Thing is that I definitely want to buff my refreshed bleeds (after they are gone because of Exsanguinate) with the 30% dmg buff from Vendetta for their full duration. Guess it's about timing right there. I don't know if you have enough time to re-apply them before Vendetta runs out. But I guess that if you get the bonus where you get full energy back from Vendetta (Urge to kill - by the artifact weapon), that it's more worth spamming Mutilate before, otherwise you pretty much waste the bonus. Except for that case I do agree on your way of using Vendetta.

Kingsbane addition is worth noticing tho.

Edited by Dexter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't rupture have a longer duration if you re-cast it? Wouldn't it be better to vanish/rupture/exsanguinate on the second set of combo points? That way you get the burst for longer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should probably also mention the change in Vendetta usage when you get the artefact trait that makes it generate 100 energy on use because you're really not going to want to pool before you use it then O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carmina said:

You should probably also mention the change in Vendetta usage when you get the artefact trait that makes it generate 100 energy on use because you're really not going to want to pool before you use it then O.o

This guide is currently intended to be used at level 100 with patch 7.0.3 - we haven't included artifact-specific information given that they cannot be obtained yet. To include rotation information about artifact traits would most likely just confuse people for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blainie said:

This guide is currently intended to be used at level 100 with patch 7.0.3 - we haven't included artifact-specific information given that they cannot be obtained yet. To include rotation information about artifact traits would most likely just confuse people for now.

That is a very good point sir! 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dexter The Legion opener is quite a bit different due to the Artifact traits and lack of Maalus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Damien said:

This thread is for comments about our Assassination Rogue guide for Legion.

I've just noticed that some of the BiS trinkets have multistrike on them. That particular stat is being changed tomorrow morning - which might skewer your BiS list and give false information. Am I correct on this? If so, what's the BiS trinkets for tomorrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Progression said:

I've just noticed that some of the BiS trinkets have multistrike on them. That particular stat is being changed tomorrow morning - which might skewer your BiS list and give false information. Am I correct on this? If so, what's the BiS trinkets for tomorrow?

Hey, I haven't really updated the gear section at all and have no plans to do so before Legion actually launches. I think we're working on a disclaimer for each guide that warns the reader to basically ignore the gear sections :) Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Furty said:

Hey, I haven't really updated the gear section at all and have no plans to do so before Legion actually launches. I think we're working on a disclaimer for each guide that warns the reader to basically ignore the gear sections :) Cheers

Roger that - thanks for all your work none the less. What two trinkets would you predict we should aim for as an Assassination Rogue 7.0.3?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Progression said:

Roger that - thanks for all your work none the less. What two trinkets would you predict we should aim for as an Assassination Rogue 7.0.3?

 

Sims are saying Skull of War & Stone of the Elements right now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Progression said:

I've just noticed that some of the BiS trinkets have multistrike on them. That particular stat is being changed tomorrow morning - which might skewer your BiS list and give false information. Am I correct on this? If so, what's the BiS trinkets for tomorrow?

Your BiS trinkets are Stone of the Elements and Skull of War, closely followed by the 710 PvP Trinket. This is assuming fully upgraded versions of the initial two mentioned, and includes comparisons to all other available Mythic trinkets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to point out that the Pandemic behaviour is not based on the original cast, but rather on how much combo points you have at the moment, ie the current cast. So even if you previous rupture was 1 CP if you have 5 CP you can refresh at (4+(5*4))*0.3 seconds remaining, same with 6/4/3 CPs etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Guest Xaryen said:

Just wanted to point out that the Pandemic behaviour is not based on the original cast, but rather on how much combo points you have at the moment, ie the current cast. So even if you previous rupture was 1 CP if you have 5 CP you can refresh at (4+(5*4))*0.3 seconds remaining, same with 6/4/3 CPs etc.

http://pastebin.com/6DDK5uDW I believe that one should be working properly, from Aneuryzm's video (which I guess came from you Xaryen :p)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for those guides.

It's not clearly stated, should we only used 6CP finisher for rupture and evenom ?
If yes we can potentially lost 3CP when using Mutiliate with 5CP.
If no what is the acceptable value 5CP finisher, 4CP finihser?
Or maybe it depends of the intent if it has to be cast for Exsanguinate use?

On Exsanguinate usage you stated "ensure that your bleeds are always fully refreshed for Exsanguinate Icon Exsanguinate" What should we do? refresh rupture just before Exsanguinate CD end and potentialy loose some Rupture time? Or should we delay for the Pandemic optimal time to refresh it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Guest Tomate said:

Thanks for those guides.

It's not clearly stated, should we only used 6CP finisher for rupture and evenom ?
If yes we can potentially lost 3CP when using Mutiliate with 5CP.
If no what is the acceptable value 5CP finisher, 4CP finihser?
Or maybe it depends of the intent if it has to be cast for Exsanguinate use?

On Exsanguinate usage you stated "ensure that your bleeds are always fully refreshed for Exsanguinate Icon Exsanguinate" What should we do? refresh rupture just before Exsanguinate CD end and potentialy loose some Rupture time? Or should we delay for the Pandemic optimal time to refresh it ?

You should always use your finishers with 6CP even if some combo points are clipped by Mutilate. For every exsang you can set up in advance to ensure you won't lose uptime, but if it comes to it, overwrite your current Rupture for a fully refreshed one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys~
I love the forums and guides, pretty much everything you do. This is my first time really participating in anything though.
I have been a subtlety rogue for a very long time, though I sometimes switch up to combat (which is now gone). And I have spent several LARGE chunks of time away from the game.
I was wondering what the learning curve was going to be if I switched to Assassination. I am unsure how much raiding I am going to do, though I would like to do some of course. I am only level 95 as of today on my rogue, but I plan on being 100 soon so I can be ready for launch. If you think I should/could switch with little issue please let me know!

Thanks everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Randon said:

Hey guys~
I love the forums and guides, pretty much everything you do. This is my first time really participating in anything though.
I have been a subtlety rogue for a very long time, though I sometimes switch up to combat (which is now gone). And I have spent several LARGE chunks of time away from the game.
I was wondering what the learning curve was going to be if I switched to Assassination. I am unsure how much raiding I am going to do, though I would like to do some of course. I am only level 95 as of today on my rogue, but I plan on being 100 soon so I can be ready for launch. If you think I should/could switch with little issue please let me know!

Thanks everyone.

Ahoy! I know this isn't Outlaw but I've got my pirate mog ready for the patch today >:) Learning curve is pretty low for this spec, essentially you just have to track your bleeds to make sure they don't fall off and Exsanguinate when available. As long as you're not energy or wasting CP in between Exsang then you're fine. Of course there's higher level optimizations than that, but you will do just fine if you can manage the basics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Furty said:

Ahoy! I know this isn't Outlaw but I've got my pirate mog ready for the patch today >:) Learning curve is pretty low for this spec, essentially you just have to track your bleeds to make sure they don't fall off and Exsanguinate when available. As long as you're not energy or wasting CP in between Exsang then you're fine. Of course there's higher level optimizations than that, but you will do just fine if you can manage the basics.

Thanks Furty!
I am curious about the whole Outlaw thing, I have always felt Rogues should be dagger only spec, no ifs ands or buts. A pirate theme seems interesting to me, I would probably have a lot of fun with it, but I feel guns should be left to hunters. *Personal Opinion*

I am going to check it out as well, since it will be my second spec (or would it make sense to switch Outlaw with Assassination and leave subtlety as my second spec since I am proficient with it?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Randon said:

 

Thanks Furty!
I am curious about the whole Outlaw thing, I have always felt Rogues should be dagger only spec, no ifs ands or buts. A pirate theme seems interesting to me, I would probably have a lot of fun with it, but I feel guns should be left to hunters. *Personal Opinion*

I am going to check it out as well, since it will be my second spec (or would it make sense to switch Outlaw with Assassination and leave subtlety as my second spec since I am proficient with it?)

I personally will be going into this patch as Assassination and Outlaw. Subtlety is comparable damage to Assassination for single target in the prepatch if you're using a Bleeding Hollow Toxin Vessel. Personal preference, basically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a noob apparently. We no longer have to choose just 2 specs, we can freely bounce around, apparently I missed that in the notes. So I am going to try it out, thanks for the advice and great guide to get me going!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Furty said:

@Dexter The Legion opener is quite a bit different due to the Artifact traits and lack of Maalus. 

Well ok. Does it more or less come close to what I am planning to do as an opener? Or is it completely different? Also: Is it worth to cast an early Hemorrhage, so you 100% get the 25% dmg buff on Rupture? Or is it possible to Rupture first, Hemmorrhage then and still buff Rupture with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Well ok. Does it more or less come close to what I am planning to do as an opener? Or is it completely different? Also: Is it worth to cast an early Hemorrhage, so you 100% get the 25% dmg buff on Rupture? Or is it possible to Rupture first, Hemmorrhage then and still buff Rupture with it?

The Hemo buff isn't snapshot, it's dynamic, hence the two options depending on whether you're at 6CP or not (so there's no CP overflow)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan

      Roundup of today's Live Q/A with Game Director Ion "Watcher" Hazzikostas. Tomb will open somewhere between mid to late June. Exalted reputation requirement for Class Mounts was removed. Legendary items will be upgradable through essences, similar to 7.1.5.
      Legion Class Q/A was considered multiple times, but talking about a single spec wouldn't be too compelling to viewers playing a different class.
      Broken Shore
      The team didn't want players to feel overwhelmed with all the content on Day 1, which is why they went for gating Class Mounts
      The Exalted reputation requirement (Armies of Legionfall) was removed and once you finish the Legionfall campaign (Breaching the Tomb), you can start working on getting your Class Mount CRZ Issues
      They're acutely aware of it and don't like server hopping, it's definitely on their radar In Legion they introduced server sharding which made Legion launch smooth Some addons encourage behaviors that do not complement this tech (World Quest Group Finder) Demon Assaults
      Won't reward Armies of Legionfall reputation  They would have to sprinkle all rewards everywhere It's okay to have activities up that offer distinct rewards (AotL reputation / Nethershards) that do not interest you Don't need Nethershards? Don't do the Sentinax Legion Assaults are great source of Nethershards. If it's up in a zone you've got your emissary up, it's super time efficient Excessive Order Resources
      Spending 7,000 per week for getting 3 Seals of Broken Fate is a significant drain They may offer a sink in the future, but nothing is planned for now It's good to have excessive resources so that players don't feel forced to do World Quests Heirlooms
      Coming in the next 7.2.5 build Legendary Items
      New Legendary items will be introduced in 7.2.5 If you have all Legendaries for your spec, you will don't need to micromanage loot spec, off-spec Legendaries will drop automatically E.g. Brewmaster Monk who has all Legendaries for his spec will see WW / MW Legendaries drop Blizzard is happy with the current Legendary acquisition rate There will be a quest that offers a new Distilled Titan Essence to upgrade 940 Legendary items to 970 Mythic+ 
      Week 1 Tomb: Nothing Changes Mythic Tomb Opens: Mythic Cap goes up to 15, where weekly cache is comparable to Mythic Tomb and Mythic+ loot to Heroic Tomb loot According to completion rates / completion times / 2-chesting / 3-chesting, things are in a good space right now, no plans for nerfs Overall, affixes are good, learning curves (Fel Explosives), Grievious runs, people put on Prydaz etc.It's good to evolve different strategies for different affixes Nighthold Mythic
      Progression is fluid, Elisande & Gul'dan are subject to nerfs Patch 7.3
      We'll go to Argus and there's a new raid, more information not available so far There will be no Class-specific quests in 7.3. Armies of Legionfall represents all the classes united Reputation Paragon
      Paragon emissaries have underwhelming rewards compared to normal caches. This will be discussed in the future Timewalking
      Black Temple is tied to Burning Crusade Timewalking. Blizzard wants to come to a point where every Timewalking week will have a Timewalking raid associated with it Tomb of Sargeras
      Will open mid to late June More testing will be done on PTR (LFR Wing 1 opens this weekend) Items will have a +30 item level ceiling Gear will Titanforge to 955 Misc Questions
      Why are external buffs like Innervate and Greater Blessing of Wisdom still a thing? Did we learn nothing from Symbiosis?
      It doesn't feel good to need an external buff to feel viable. Disc Priests in 7.2.5 received changes to be less dependent on Innervation. Such spells help class identity It's better to fill a blank: bring the player, not the class. When you're looking for players, it's better to realize that you need a class that brings a buff rather than the highest item level player in the queue. You needed 5 Holy Priests for Felmyst. You could not be viable as a melee DPS if you didn't have a Warrior to give you Battle Shout, but that was nearly 10 years ago Will the Horde get an update on what's happening on their side? Sylvanas / Blightcaller / Volj'in?
      Vol'jin's dead. It's good not having to force this by a symmetry. They'll add a Horde part of the story when they feel it's right. At the start of the Broken Shore experience, Horde did have an additional cinematic.
      Will we ever be able to use Weapon Illusions on our Artifact?
      No. It was a really early decision by the Art team when they started working on Artifact weapons
      Will we be able to redo Mage Tower Challenges?
      Wasn't designed to be a repeatable thing, but this will be done in the future
    • By Stan

      Legion launch was smooth, because a new technology called server sharding was implemented. Since the launch of 7.2, players have been experiencing lags and servers have been down several times for unexpected maintenance. After thorough investigation, Blizzard came to a conclusion that addons like World Quest Group Finder were the main cause, and in order to improve server stability, functionality of how addons can interact with Group Finder has changed.
      The good news is that it's just an additional confirmation box. CRZ and server-hopping were also discussed in the latest Live Developer Q/A.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Since the release of Patch 7.2, we’ve been working to resolve issues with realm performance that were causing players to experience heavy latency and/or disconnects on the Broken Isles. As our investigation has continued, we’ve discovered that many of these issues were being inadvertently caused by addons intended to automate the creation and joining of groups via the Group Finder, even for players who were not using those addons.

      Today, we’ve changed what addons can do when interacting with Group Finder, in order to address major performance issues with the game service for players— not just for those using these addons, but for others as well.

      In order to alleviate those issues, we’ve recently applied a hotfix that changes how addons interact with the Group Finder. Players will now need to give a manual confirmation when an addon attempts to:
      - List and delist a Group Finder group.
      - Search for and request an invite to a Group Finder group.

      Addons that are affected by these changes will need to be updated to comply with this new restriction. We understand that this is a relatively sudden change, but it was important to resolve the performance issues as quickly as possible.

      Note: If you are not using an addon that modifies the Group Finder feature, you should not encounter any issues resulting from this change.
    • By Stan

      Nether Disruptor is now up in both regions and players can kill World Boss Si'vash.
      Nether Disruptor
      Provides the permanent perk Epic Hunter that allows crafters to forge Legendary items. The variable perk now lets you interact with objects while mounted (Reinforced Reins). More information about Broken Shore advancement can be found in our guide.
      World Boss Si'vash

      Completing the Si'vash quest grants 500 Armies of Legionfall reputation. Don't forget to bring a Seal of Broken Fate. The naga drops item level 900 gear. Below are full loot tables.
      Coral Band of the Abyss Cowl of Plumbed Depths Dockthrasher Cinch Glistening Seaspray Legguards Globule of Submersion Pauldrons of the Engulfing Tide Sandblasted Conch Si'vashi Guard's Breastplate Shorebreaker Robes
    • By Chumani
      Aka'magosh my raider friends! Chumani here from Corrupted Destiny guild (Horde) on Skywall/Drak'thul realms. We are currently recruiting for our core team for mythic raiding. We are 10 /10 Heroic Nighthold (10/10 N NH in about 1 1/2 hours) (Providing we arent cutting up and getting yelled at.... by a certain mage in our guild.... who cuts up too.... and won't admit it..... and puts down fake portals.... every week..... and people still take them.... to their death..... really......week..... after week.... to their death...... seriously)
      As always we are recruiting raiders and non raiders.
      *****GIRLS***** We have a large number of female gamers who do not have to worry about harrasment of any kind...we just will not tolerate this... and our group is like family. Come see for yourself!
      Tired of the ridiculous harassment from the opposite sex? You will be safe with us! Mature gamers who do not condone this behaviour!
      Our raid schedule is Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 6:30pm to 9:00pm server time(pst)
      We currently have an "Alt" raid for alts and non-progression raiders on Mondays at the same time! MEGA amounts of fun there, alot of us use our mains to carry this raid and help gear these raiders up!
      Other guild events include: Herb Drives, Fishing Expo, Mog off! (Best transmog wins), Old Raids for Transmog gear & Mythic Plus runs. We do random guild events with prizes up to and including a FREE MONTH OF WOW! (Mog-Off is going on NOW!!)
      We have quite a bit of fun when we get together, as we always have over the years! Come join us and get corrupted (Disclaimer: Infections have been found to be the leading cause of corruption in many raiders) We've always been here and will continue to be here! Of course you will be required to sacrifice a goat or an alliance player once a week to the Horde gods..... You will also be required to laugh and have fun as well! We do have fun!
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Swiper#1939 - Deni#1743 - Loki#15391
      ***Newest video highlighting some of our girls!****
      (We are just huge nerds who see ourselves as badass warriors!... ok!)
      ******We also have one of our members who has published some 'how to' videos for certain in game mounts!!*** Keep eye out for Barcat, one of our casual members and professional mount hoarder and his youtube channel for these vids! Will post one in comment below*******
      http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=247413
    • By Stan

      Valnaaros from WoW Petopia discovered a new tamable Hunter pet on Patch 7.2.5 PTR today.
      Keep in mind that the pet isn't tamable before Patch 7.2.5 release.
      Lost Emberspit Scorpion
      Congratulations goes out to Valnaaros, who discovered the Lost Emberspit Scorpion tame. Players must gain access to the Molten Front, which can be unlocked by completing quests in Hyjal. For more details check out our Molten Front guide.
      Molten Front
      Is a daily quest hub added in Patch 4.2 with individual progression. Below is a screenshot of the portal you need to enter to access Molten Front.

      Here's how the Lost Emberspit Scorpion pet looks like in its full glory.

      Screenshot is a courtesy of Valnaaros
      Don't forget to check out yesterday's post covering how to tame Elisande's pet, Lalathin.