FORUMS
Damien

Assassination Rogue 7.3

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

I knew you got excited about Rogues, but this is new! ;D

It's the main reason I played from Vanilla up until about SoO hit. I did some casual raiding in TBC (Kara runs then tried Evasion tanking Gruul cause it seemed like fun), and filled in for my brother's guild when they needed a healer in Heroic ICC, but didn't really start raiding seriously until the end of ToT / SoO

Guest Elinkar

So confused. I have footpads and CoF trinket for Vendetta CD. Should I use all three MA relics or just two MA and one Gushing Wound? I see Flurty carries all three MA, but they are insanely high ilvl is maybe why? I'm just trying to be sure I go the best route.

Also if anyone has any suggestions on things such as when to pool energy and so on I'd appreciate that. I am using the opener from the site here and don't have a second DPS legendary which hurts, footpads and neck currently, but I still feel like I'm leaving a lot of DPS on the table somewhere.

12 hours ago, Guest Elinkar said:

So confused. I have footpads and CoF trinket for Vendetta CD. Should I use all three MA relics or just two MA and one Gushing Wound? I see Flurty carries all three MA, but they are insanely high ilvl is maybe why? I'm just trying to be sure I go the best route.

Also if anyone has any suggestions on things such as when to pool energy and so on I'd appreciate that. I am using the opener from the site here and don't have a second DPS legendary which hurts, footpads and neck currently, but I still feel like I'm leaving a lot of DPS on the table somewhere.

If you can provide logs and head over to the Rogue Forums, I'll be glad to give you a hand and see if there's any advice I can give.

As for your relics, it wouldn't surprise me if with CoF and the boots that Vendetta becomes your best relic. The uptimes you can get with it are pretty ridiculous

Mantle is much better than any legendary according to all the many logs I have compared via warcraftlogs.com. Not sure how you guys are missing that.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:58 PM, Guest Elco said:

Hey, I don't believe Entwined Elemental Foci from Spellblade Aluriel is mentioned on the trinket list.

Is it any good?

Yes, it is good....particularly on aoe fights where it is much better than draught.

40 minutes ago, Jaredius said:

Mantle is much better than any legendary according to all the many logs I have compared via warcraftlogs.com. Not sure how you guys are missing that.

It does actually include this in the Legendaries and BiS section

The best combination of legendary items for most raid encounters is currently Duskwalker's Footpads Icon Duskwalker's Footpads + Mantle of the Master Assassin Icon Mantle of the Master Assassin. 

Guest Darkwyng

Hi everyone! Quick question: are the stat weights in the DPS guide already assuming a base amount of crit and/or haste? I've been messing around and was wondering if I should try to maintain a minimum level of crit/haste and THEN go off the stat weights? Like is 25% crit and 3% haste ok to have if you just stacked mastery up to let's say 150%?

On 3/25/2017 at 6:43 PM, Guest Darkwyng said:

Hi everyone! Quick question: are the stat weights in the DPS guide already assuming a base amount of crit and/or haste? I've been messing around and was wondering if I should try to maintain a minimum level of crit/haste and THEN go off the stat weights? Like is 25% crit and 3% haste ok to have if you just stacked mastery up to let's say 150%?

Tagging @Carrn - he knows more than me :D

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2 - please understand that we will not be answering questions in this section about "What is better for 7.2?" prior to the patch release, since all the information will be available when the patch goes live. Please be patient and thanks for waiting!

On 25/03/2017 at 6:43 PM, Guest Darkwyng said:

Stat weights as a rule are just guidelines. You should regularly Sim your character to figure out which stat will give you the most benefit at any given time.

For example, if you have 150% Mastery and 15% Crit, Crit is going to be more important for you to get so you can reliably generate CPs. Given that Haste really doesn't provide much benefit for Sin, you generally shouldn't care about it much at all.

hey guys, why is Nightstalker better than Subterfuge?

My Bleed does with 5 CPS overall 935k dmg and my garrote does 438k.

Extra dmg from bleed: 0,5*935k is about 475k

Extra dmg from garrote 1,25*438k is about 550k

And for cleave-opener the bonus from multiple garrotes are even higher.

Pls correct me, where im wrong :P

1 hour ago, nbf77 said:

hey guys, why is Nightstalker better than Subterfuge?

My Bleed does with 5 CPS overall 935k dmg and my garrote does 438k.

Extra dmg from bleed: 0,5*935k is about 475k

Extra dmg from garrote 1,25*438k is about 550k

And for cleave-opener the bonus from multiple garrotes are even higher.

Pls correct me, where im wrong :P

You use Vanish to get an extra 50% damage on Rupture. Use Rupture to break stealth, and it will do 50% extra damage for the entire duration.

2 hours ago, Carrn said:

You use Vanish to get an extra 50% damage on Rupture. Use Rupture to break stealth, and it will do 50% extra damage for the entire duration.

yes, sure. but subterfuge does this aswell, but with garrote (not rupture), or am i wrong? and its not a 50% dmg increase, but a 125% dmg increase. So you would vanish and then garrote to get extra garrote damage instead?! :D

50 minutes ago, nbf77 said:

yes, sure. but subterfuge does this aswell, but with garrote (not rupture), or am i wrong? and its not a 50% dmg increase, but a 125% dmg increase. So you would vanish and then garrote to get extra garrote damage instead?! :D

Rupture does a lot more damage. A lot more.

Guest Donmess

Hello,

Thank you for the fast update and as always great guide.

i was just wondering with the legendary shoulders bug fixed, is subterfuge still the go to talent for mantle or we should go back to nightstalker?

thank you

19 hours ago, nbf77 said:

Just to add to Carrn's comment about Rupture vs. Garrote, Rupture can deal up over double the damage of Garrote, sometimes even more on AoE fights. It's a massive difference. Check any Rogue's logs on WarcraftLogs and you can see what I mean.

15 hours ago, Guest Donmess said:

i was just wondering with the legendary shoulders bug fixed, is subterfuge still the go to talent for mantle or we should go back to nightstalker?

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new update :)

Will ask Furty and get back to you about this.

9 hours ago, Guest Vetinari said:

Last sims show that 3 MA relics are superior for most cases now as it gives best dps gain .

Source: relics spreadsheet

This still depends on fight length, as the spreadsheet says - there are times when MA could make no difference at all. I'll pass this on to Furty nonetheless! Thanks for the link :)

Guest Anonymous

I use a slight different opener. This one doing some more damage.

1. Garrote via stealth.

2. Mutilate until 5 cp.

3. Envenom. I use it earlier to stack Agonizing Venom as soon as possible. See why (9).

4. Kings Bane. 

5. Mutilate. If you lacking of energy simple tap your Vendetta. Or you can simple get more Critical Strike to feel combos faster.

7. Vendetta. Casting Vendetta right before rupture is important thing to do. All the ticks of Rupture will get 30% extra damage so that means that you can also apply Rupture right before Vendetta is coming out.

8. Vanish.

9. Rupture. Agonizing Venom also provides extra damage, that's why i used (3) Envenom so early.

And eventually my Rupture's damage was seen at ~1kk.

Also this opener will take more time so don't use if your target is gonna die soon.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

1 hour ago, Guest Anonymous said:

I use a slight different opener. This one doing some more damage.

1. Garrote via stealth.

2. Mutilate until 5 cp.

3. Envenom. I use it earlier to stack Agonizing Venom as soon as possible. See why (9).

4. Kings Bane. 

5. Mutilate. If you lacking of energy simple tap your Vendetta. Or you can simple get more Critical Strike to feel combos faster.

7. Vendetta. Casting Vendetta right before rupture is important thing to do. All the ticks of Rupture will get 30% extra damage so that means that you can also apply Rupture right before Vendetta is coming out.

8. Vanish.

9. Rupture. Agonizing Venom also provides extra damage, that's why i used (3) Envenom so early.

And eventually my Rupture's damage was seen at ~1kk.

Also this opener will take more time so don't use if your target is gonna die soon.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

Not applying Rupture early means you lose out on a few things, but most importantly a longer Rupture (due to the Pandemic effect) that is buffed by the bonus damage that it gets after you Vanish.

• Like 1

Guest Mackintosh

Hello. If this has already been an addressed topic and I missed it I apologize in advance. I was just curious what was a good target Ilvl/Stat metric before I switch from a EP/Exsang build to playing MP/AP? I run SImcraft but I was hoping some Veterans or experts could guide me in an ideal target goal. thank you!

1 hour ago, Guest Mackintosh said:

Hello. If this has already been an addressed topic and I missed it I apologize in advance. I was just curious what was a good target Ilvl/Stat metric before I switch from a EP/Exsang build to playing MP/AP? I run SImcraft but I was hoping some Veterans or experts could guide me in an ideal target goal. thank you!

Pretty early on these days, maybe once you're in the 860s (ish) and rocking at least 5-6k Mastery.

17 hours ago, Guest Mackintosh said:

I run SImcraft but I was hoping some Veterans or experts could guide me in an ideal target goal. thank you!

Do you normally just sim the two talent setups everytime you change a piece of gear?