FORUMS
Damien

Outlaw Rogue 7.3

1 hour ago, leapingshadow said:

If i'm using Vigor as my tier 3 talent choice, should I choose to go "always 5" or go "4-5"?

During my rotation, how many combo points should I spend on Roll the Bones and when should I refresh it?

Thanks again.

You should only go with 4 CP when you have a guarantee your next CP generator will overcap, i.e. Opportunity proc w/Quick Draw.

RtB should always be at max CP and refresh when it expires/is expiring or when you want to reroll a more favorable proc.

Guest Blayke

Quick question about DFA/BHTV interaction:

Death From Above: leap into the air and run through your target on the way back down, with such force that it has a 50% stronger effect.
Bleeding Hollow Toxin Vessel: Equip: Your Run Through now deals 62% additional damage.

So my question is: does the trinket also buff the DFA-enhanced RT? If so, kewl. But if not, DFA would seem to be a waste if you have the trinket, since you're already getting a buff to RT.  Just to be clear, this is not a question about whether DFA is better than MFD, I simply want to know how it interacts with the class trinket.

Thanks for any help.

On 7/20/2016 at 4:31 PM, Guest Friizz said:

Where does Between the Eyes find it's place in rotation?

its the replacement of kidneyshot for outlaw i think

wait...

doesn't slash and dice make rogue's outlaw attackspeed like maniac? its 90%...

and trigger the off-hand bonus energy, idk why u not recommend it..

its like u are using saber strike non-stop and finishing move non-stop

8 hours ago, Crystalystie said:

wait...

doesn't slash and dice make rogue's outlaw attackspeed like maniac? its 90%...

and trigger the off-hand bonus energy, idk why u not recommend it..

its like u are using saber strike non-stop and finishing move non-stop

A couple reasons:

1) Roll the Bones has a chance to give some buffs that are significantly stronger than attack speed, such as reducing the cooldown of all your skills

2) Marked for Death is a very strong talent, particularly in situations where there are many adds, 5 free combo points is fantastic, especially when it resets

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crystalystie said:

its the replacement of kidneyshot for outlaw i think

Correct, and isn't a part of the DPS rotation at the moment

• Like 1

Guest Blayke

Hate to be a pest, but does anyone have an answer to this?   Would really appeciate the help.  Thank you.

Quick question about DFA/BHTV interaction:

Death From Above: leap into the air and run through your target on the way back down, with such force that it has a 50% stronger effect.
Bleeding Hollow Toxin Vessel: Equip: Your Run Through now deals 62% additional damage.

So my question is: does the trinket also buff the DFA-enhanced RT? If so, kewl. But if not, DFA would seem to be a waste if you have the trinket, since you're already getting a buff to RT.  Just to be clear, this is not a question about whether DFA is better than MFD, I simply want to know how it interacts with the class trinket.

Thanks for any help.

Guest Guest Guest

Would a full mastery outlaw rogue be viable? With alacrity and slice and dice at level 100, main gauche and combat potency would proc like crazy. Mass energy generation, plus you would look pretty badass.

On 24.07.2016 at 4:15 AM, Furty said:

Yeah, that's actually already been updated, just waiting for the changes to go live on the site :) Going to stipulate that in all three specialization guides!

I doubt we're gonna have much choice which secondary to prioritize. It's probably gonna be a few gems and enchants, maybe a trinket at best. 

People have already done sims. Roll the Bones can give you more Death from Aboves and more Adrenaline Rushes, which ultimately trumps Slice and Dice.

7 hours ago, Guest Guest Guest said:

Would a full mastery outlaw rogue be viable? With alacrity and slice and dice at level 100, main gauche and combat potency would proc like crazy. Mass energy generation, plus you would look pretty badass.

Not really. It only does so much damage - while yes, you'd attack at a ridiculous speed, there are more benefits to the other buffs that RtB can give you which make it more beneficial

Guest phup

Are you basing your valuation of True Bearing on any kind of numbers or theorycrafting? or just intuition?  I don't mean that to sound negative, just genuinely curious.

I ask because on the initial sims coming from Askmrrobot's engine, Shark Infested waters is more valuable.  I don't know if their sim is accurate yet or not, but their blog seems to indicate the optimal strategy they've found so far is to fish for SiW (no pun intended) and only stop fishing when you get it or if you get a 3 buff roll.

I've seen discussion between theorycrafters going both ways.

I'm sure that on a 30s fight (which a lot of encounters are now) the crit buff is really really valuable, but I think in the long run TB is going to be more beneficial.

Like I said I've seen discussion going both ways, and I'm not sure that there's a consensus about it yet

23 hours ago, Carrn said:

I've seen discussion between theorycrafters going both ways.

I'm sure that on a 30s fight (which a lot of encounters are now) the crit buff is really really valuable, but I think in the long run TB is going to be more beneficial.

Like I said I've seen discussion going both ways, and I'm not sure that there's a consensus about it yet

Yeah, basically this. Right now the values of some of the "weaker" buffs are inflated because of factors like the legendary ring & kill times. Since it's the prepatch the consensus is basically non-existent, but fortunately Legion is right around the corner :) 

For multiple-target situations where you can use Blade Flurry IconBlade Flurry, here is how the various combinations rank (at equal item level):

1. Fast Main-hand / Slow Off-hand;

Very good to know this. But care to explain the reason of main-hand dagger?

8 hours ago, Cantou said:

Very good to know this. But care to explain the reason of main-hand dagger?

I could be mistaken, but I'm 99.99% sure this is a leftover from the very beginning of WoD.

Combat's Mastery was tuned pretty high, and it resulted in some pretty silly results with Blade Flurry up. Every attack that you made would hit every target, then each one of those hits had a chance to proc a separate Mastery proc which could (I believe) then hit every other target again.

Because of this, maximising the number of white attacks that you could make resulted in higher dps - however, it was a very trivial amount of extra damage, and only really worked out in very specific situations - if you read Fiery's post that is linked in that section of the guide he breaks it down, but you'll notice that the increase is very small; having 10+ adds up for 20 seconds or more made it worth the swap, but those situations never exist in raid situations because large waves of adds like that tend to die much faster than 20s

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Carrn said:

Combat's Mastery was tuned pretty high, and it resulted in some pretty silly results with Blade Flurry up. Every attack that you made would hit every target, then each one of those hits had a chance to proc a separate Mastery proc which could (I believe) then hit every other target again.

Thanks. So if I have 2 hammers, does this mean I should always put the one with higher item level at the offhand?

4 hours ago, Cantou said:

Thanks. So if I have 2 hammers, does this mean I should always put the one with higher item level at the offhand?

Nope

Like I said, all of that is old information from the beginning of WoD

Your highest weapon damage should go in your main hand.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Carrn said:

Nope

Like I said, all of that is old information from the beginning of WoD

Your highest weapon damage should go in your main hand.

Got it. Thank you!

Guest howolowitz

I'm not sure if this has been answered in the guide or maybe i'm looking over it but to get a True Bearing buff for Adrenaline Rush at what amount of cps should i try to reroll the buffs? Just 1 is enough or do i need to go atleat 3-4?

On 09.08.2016 at 10:41 PM, Guest howolowitz said:

I'm not sure if this has been answered in the guide or maybe i'm looking over it but to get a True Bearing buff for Adrenaline Rush at what amount of cps should i try to reroll the buffs? Just 1 is enough or do i need to go atleat 3-4?

It depends on what kind of buffs you already have. If Adrenaline Rush is about to be ready, and you already have some decent combat buffs that will last through the Adrenaline Rush, I would've just played with what I had, and only tried to reroll for True Bearing after the Adrenaline Rush.

I'm no expert, though, so let's see what better players will say.

Edited by Iridar

Guest InsertName

What's the point of posting a guide if you aren't going to update it for hotfixes? This is what happens when you have one person paid to make multiple guides. They rush it out and then don't give a shit about updating it.

Icy Veins has constantly had an issue with keeping guides current.

On 8/13/2016 at 0:49 AM, Guest InsertName said:

What's the point of posting a guide if you aren't going to update it for hotfixes? This is what happens when you have one person paid to make multiple guides. They rush it out and then don't give a shit about updating it.

Icy Veins has constantly had an issue with keeping guides current.

My focus currently is ensuring the Legion versions of these guides are immaculate rather than scrambling over the last two weeks of the pre-patch. 

Guest Tikky

I have been trying to search everywhere on why a slow main hand is better than a offhand. Do you have an answer.

I understand the offhand slow for the mastery and I understand the slow main hand for killing spree. But since it's not even suggested to use killing spree, wouldnt we be better with a fast main hand ?

(I know that artifacts are slows) but I am still curious

Your skills base their damage off your weapon damage, so the higher damage weapon you have the better off you will be.