FORUMS
Damien

Outlaw Rogue 7.3

17 hours ago, Zupsero said:

decided to play assa for the first part of this expansion. since i get "never lucky" with the bones rolling. 1 outta 10 fights i get good buffs and deal by far the best dps in the group 9 times outta 10 im frustrated and hate my life as a rouge. playing assa gives u a solid reliable dps, with not much of a loss even if u have to move a lot and stuff.

i never like sword speccs anyways. i know its not the ideal way to handle this. but im done with the gambling, maybe i give it a shot later this moth or so. i dunno 

The thing about Outlaw is you can't really get bad RNG. There's lots of potential to get great RNG (e.g. 4 buffs, 6 buffs), but you will always get 1 buff. Even with only 1  buff Outlaw spanks Assassination pretty handily, and the chances of not rolling 2 buffs after about 5 or 6 rolls is about the same chance as getting 6 buffs. If you expect you're going to be a 6 buff legend every roll then you're going to have a bad time.

5 hours ago, Guest lordofc said:

i have 850 blood relic that gives combat potency 3 extra energy. I also have 845 blood relic that gives 10% extra main gauche damage. which one would you use? and why?

Thank you!

To quote directly from the guide;

As Relics affect the item level of your weapons, it is recommended you always take the highest item level options as it will increase your weapon damage.

6 hours ago, Guest lordofc said:

i have 850 blood relic that gives combat potency 3 extra energy. I also have 845 blood relic that gives 10% extra main gauche damage. which one would you use? and why?

Thank you!

Especially for weapons, item level is the most important stat

2 hours ago, Guest Rem said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vw2J-dIBAhXiJXW2Da4mLe0r1e9cVvEBXdpC7NRNu7A/htmlview?sle=true#gid=1314953135

is this right in regards to relics? Reading a lot of conflicting information but on my sims it agrees with this spreadsheet.

Looks about right, but since the chances of you getting specific ones is really rare, don't forget that item level trumps whatever bonus it gives you

Guest Rem
2 hours ago, Carrn said:

Looks about right, but since the chances of you getting specific ones is really rare, don't forget that item level trumps whatever bonus it gives you

According to that spreadsheet though if you had a 820 ilvl relic with Fates Thirst it would be better than a 850 ilvl with Blade Dancer.

Guest Inaccurate buffs

Does the buff priority change at all since the nerfs? Looking through the rotation for outlaw, the buffs from roll the dice do NOT match the description at all.

6 hours ago, Guest Inaccurate buffs said:

Does the buff priority change at all since the nerfs? Looking through the rotation for outlaw, the buffs from roll the dice do NOT match the description at all.

No, the guide is up to date with the exception of 1 paragraph of text. All the mouseover tooltips and information is accurate 

11 hours ago, Guest Rem said:

According to that spreadsheet though if you had a 820 ilvl relic with Fates Thirst it would be better than a 850 ilvl with Blade Dancer.

No, I don't think that's what the spreadsheet says. It says that values are relative to the relic ilevel, meaning that given 2 relics of the same item level, these are comparatively how good or bad they are.

At least, I'm 99% sure that's what it's trying to say. I don't know where you got the numbers from so I can't validate the source OR the information

On 15.9.2016 at 2:31 AM, Furty said:

The thing about Outlaw is you can't really get bad RNG. There's lots of potential to get great RNG (e.g. 4 buffs, 6 buffs), but you will always get 1 buff. Even with only 1  buff Outlaw spanks Assassination pretty handily, and the chances of not rolling 2 buffs after about 5 or 6 rolls is about the same chance as getting 6 buffs. If you expect you're going to be a 6 buff legend every roll then you're going to have a bad time.

Well its easy to put it that way (beats assa handily with 1 buff). But my experience tells something else.

Could be im too bad to play outlaw or i just dont know when to stop rerolling. i wont deny that.

I beat outlaw rouges in bossfights quite often when it comes to singel target dps, tho. I mean i trust the simcast and i dont deny that outlaws have the best dmg on average and way higher highs in 5+ minutes fights.

but ive seen 845+ outlaws not competing for top dps way too often to say its the absoloute best and only way to go. 

Even the thought that i could potentially get more than 1 buff bugs and frustrates me if i get 1 buff 5 times in a row before starting to focus on the dps rotation.

i just cant play that specc, because reasons

ps: im only talking about bossfights, without massive add groups. Everyone knows outlaw owns trash

52 minutes ago, Zupsero said:

Well its easy to put it that way (beats assa handily with 1 buff). But my experience tells something else.

Could be im too bad to play outlaw or i just dont know when to stop rerolling. i wont deny that.

I beat outlaw rouges in bossfights quite often when it comes to singel target dps, tho. I mean i trust the simcast and i dont deny that outlaws have the best dmg on average and way higher highs in 5+ minutes fights.

but ive seen 845+ outlaws not competing for top dps way too often to say its the absoloute best and only way to go. 

Even the thought that i could potentially get more than 1 buff bugs and frustrates me if i get 1 buff 5 times in a row before starting to focus on the dps rotation.

i just cant play that specc, because reasons

ps: im only talking about bossfights, without massive add groups. Everyone knows outlaw owns trash

Well I mean, not everybody is perfect and playing the spec perfectly.

You're welcome to play whatever spec that you feel the most comfortable with, since that will help you perform better than playing something that you aren't very good at or that you don't like.

Either way, this thread isn't really for a discussion about what spec we like playing more, it's for comments and discussion on the Outlaw Guide. 

If you would like to talk about the specifics of different specs and why people play what (for example), please join us over on the Rogue Forums and we can talk all about how much we dislike Roll the Bones haha

Guest Saranas

I`ve got a question, here on icy veins i see that crit is my second most desired stat but on other sites i read that that would be haste. Now i wanted to for know which one i should be looking on my items

5 hours ago, Guest Saranas said:

I`ve got a question, here on icy veins i see that crit is my second most desired stat but on other sites i read that that would be haste. Now i wanted to for know which one i should be looking on my items

Which other sites are you referring to?

I would advise following our build of Crit as your 2nd stat.

Simc has been updated.

Apparently it was proccing combat potency way too often and really devalued haste down to stupid levels.

So now the stat prio, for my gear lvl and stats has flipped to Vers>Haste>Crit>Mastery

With Vers and Haste being very close in scaling on the latest sims. I am glad I kept all my gear drops!

This is why you never blindly trust sims, or at the very least hold on to all the gear

18 minutes ago, SilkAus said:

Simc has been updated.

Apparently it was proccing combat potency way too often and really devalued haste down to stupid levels.

So now the stat prio, for my gear lvl and stats has flipped to Vers>Haste>Crit>Mastery

With Vers and Haste being very close in scaling on the latest sims. I am glad I kept all my gear drops!

This is why you never blindly trust sims, or at the very least hold on to all the gear

Interesting. Will get this investigated and updated if need be. Thanks for pointing it out!

10 hours ago, Zupsero said:

If you sim a T19 char it's still Agi > Vers ~= Crit > Haste ~= Mastery

Yo furty and others!

As others im wondering about our openings.. Some where I read that I should keep rerolling until I got 2+ buffs or single crit buff b4 I pop cds.. And how do you rolls after cds expire? Are you still doing 2+ w/o  exeption for crit or how I should continue? 

Thanks guys a gl at raids

Edited by Gossip

Guest kiwi

In the guide you say shadowcraft is viable again, altho when i do a run up on it it gives me the following; 

Mastery0.827
Versatility0.620
Haste0.552
Crit0.360

3 hours ago, Gossip said:

Yo furty and others!

As others im wondering about our openings.. Some where I read that I should keep rerolling until I got 2+ buffs or single crit buff b4 I pop cds.. And how do you rolls after cds expire? Are you still doing 2+ w/o  exeption for crit or how I should continue? 

Thanks guys a gl at raids

Yes always roll for 2+ buffs

Guest Sidosito

Nice guide, I was doing exactly the same and its refreshing to realize I wasnt fucking up.

I only have one observation,  I dont think its necessary to pop the Adrenaline Rush + Dreadblades racial at the same time for 2 reasons:

1.- While in Adrenaline rush you will hit so fast that you'll get your 6 combo points almost inmediately (unending saber slashes = unending procs) if you wait till Adrenaline Rush ends and then you turn on your blades, youll get 20 + 12 seconds of Run Through spaming instead of only 20.

2. You NEED to spam Run Through because when you see your Recount/Skada, you will realize the top3 spell damage is dealt by Greed (artifact elite talent) so you need to cast the most Run Through you can.

2 hours ago, Guest Sidosito said:

Nice guide, I was doing exactly the same and its refreshing to realize I wasnt fucking up.

I only have one observation,  I dont think its necessary to pop the Adrenaline Rush + Dreadblades racial at the same time for 2 reasons:

1.- While in Adrenaline rush you will hit so fast that you'll get your 6 combo points almost inmediately (unending saber slashes = unending procs) if you wait till Adrenaline Rush ends and then you turn on your blades, youll get 20 + 12 seconds of Run Through spaming instead of only 20.

2. You NEED to spam Run Through because when you see your Recount/Skada, you will realize the top3 spell damage is dealt by Greed (artifact elite talent) so you need to cast the most Run Through you can.

Problem is that if you use Dreadblades without AR you'll end up  starving energy very soon as your energy regeneration doesn't keep up for more than 2-3 SS+RT.

1 hour ago, Falx said:

Problem is that if you use Dreadblades without AR you'll end up  starving energy very soon as your energy regeneration doesn't keep up for more than 2-3 SS+RT.

Definitely a good point and something to keep note of. Thanks for catching that reply!

1 hour ago, Progression said:

Hey Gents & Ladies,

Just curious - has anyone ran simulations with Fishbrul food on ST fights? I think it may pull ahead. Your thoughts?

- Prog

I have not. 

Haste food will be pretty valuable for the time being, and Vers food will always good, but I haven't had the chance to play with Fishbrul. 

The proc doesn't do a whole lot of damage, and I'm not sure what the proc chance on it is, so I don't know how good it will actually be

Guest Stragon

Just curious what should our haste be at around ilvl 840 for entry to raids, I just feel if I let my haste drop for versatility I'm suffering from energy starvation :(

7 hours ago, Carrn said:

I have not. 

Haste food will be pretty valuable for the time being, and Vers food will always good, but I haven't had the chance to play with Fishbrul. 

The proc doesn't do a whole lot of damage, and I'm not sure what the proc chance on it is, so I don't know how good it will actually be

Reason being - I ran across a post on ravenholdt with fishbrul being the go to food for ST. As I'm terrible with sims, I thought I'd ask on here. Thanks for the quick reply.