FORUMS
Damien

Mistweaver Monk 7.3

Guest soulrip

how come mastery is so low when it heals off most of the spells we use?

12 hours ago, Guest soulrip said:

how come mastery is so low when it heals off most of the spells we use?

It doesn't effect a large part of our output (Extend Life, Revival, Chi-ji and Life Cocoon), and is about equal healing wise per stat point compared to crit for spells that it does effect.

The only spell where mastery outscales other stats is effuse, and effuse is a rarely used spell in a raid enivronment. 

• Like 1

Guest soulrip

yea after playing around with it a bit on ptr with crit being my main focus i saw that it benefits all spells while mastery procs only from some and the ehal it self would not be that much of a boost if i focus on mastery as if the gust of must will crit it will heal for more

Guest Chechi

1 question suplift: if we take life cycles we dont really fistweave but just use RSK every 10 sec, right? i mean without SotC there is no point in dealing dmg (except during downtime ofc).

Guest Awesomeposum

What do you think about Vuh'do as a healing add on? 

4 hours ago, Guest Awesomeposum said:

Personally, I love it. Definitely worth using. 

You can check out an in-depth post on Vuhdo from our Shaman mod, Pandacho.

On 7/20/2016 at 1:54 AM, Guest Chechi said:

1 question suplift: if we take life cycles we dont really fistweave but just use RSK every 10 sec, right? i mean without SotC there is no point in dealing dmg (except during downtime ofc).

Yeah that's correct. The alternative would be to just channel soothing mist in your downtime.

4 hours ago, Lanvilla said:

Thunder Focus Tea interrupt Soothing Mist and Essence Font channeling cast

It doesn't interrupt soothing mist to my knowledge. 

9 hours ago, Guest Awesomeposum said:

I used vuh'do all the way up to MoP. Really liked it. These days i'm using elvui raid frames because I personally like the style of elvui. 

By the way i'm just going to say it in this post, if I miss your question it's not because i'm ignoring you :p. 

8 hours ago, Lanvilla said:

Thunder Focus Tea interrupt Soothing Mist and Essence Font channeling cast

I just tried this and you are right, it does interrupt both. But, as far as I can tell, it's not supposed to do that, so it's probably a bug. I'll add a mention about it just in case. Thanks!

Guest Variol

Hi Tier 3 talent livecycles seems to have been changed from 15 ro 20% the tooltip shows 20% anyway just thought you might want to update the guild

cheers

9 hours ago, Guest Variol said:

Hi Tier 3 talent livecycles seems to have been changed from 15 ro 20% the tooltip shows 20% anyway just thought you might want to update the guild

cheers

Nice catch, thanks! Fixing it now.

Guest Guest Guest

"There is a pet bar that allows you to control the pet and decide specifically who to heal." 

I do not have this on my Crane. I don't use addons or anything so maybe it was removed?

21 hours ago, Guest Guest Guest said:

"There is a pet bar that allows you to control the pet and decide specifically who to heal." 

I do not have this on my Crane. I don't use addons or anything so maybe it was removed?

You don't have the pet bar at all? That's really strange, since I just tested and I have it on both Beta and live. I'd have said an addon is interfering but... since you don't use any, that's just strange.

1 hour ago, Vlad said:

You don't have the pet bar at all? That's really strange, since I just tested and I have it on both Beta and live. I'd have said an addon is interfering but... since you don't use any, that's just strange.

I just checked it too and the pet bar definitely exists even with other addons installed.

Guest soulrip

i am a bit confused about our melee immunity in legion/prepatch

i keep hearing different things about it

1 site/youtube channel says we lose our melee immunity and another  saying we keep it (that would make more sense considering our dps abilities are melee after all

so does any 1 have any type of confirmation about this tiny issue?

1 hour ago, Guest soulrip said:

i am a bit confused about our melee immunity in legion/prepatch

i keep hearing different things about it

1 site/youtube channel says we lose our melee immunity and another  saying we keep it (that would make more sense considering our dps abilities are melee after all

so does any 1 have any type of confirmation about this tiny issue?

The last blue post I found (Feb 18, 2016) states that MW monks will be treated as all the other healers (ranged) in Legion:

On the other hand, imagine a debuff that requires you to move away from other players for a short time or move to a certain location. In many cases, we exempt melee DPS from such abilities not because it would wipe the raid, but merely because reducing their effectiveness to near-zero for many seconds would be overly frustrating. We are much less concerned about asking Mistweavers or Holy Paladins to respond to these kinds of mechanics, because they can still use most of their abilities and be reasonably effective while briefly out of melee. In these cases they'd simply be handling the same mechanics that other healers were required to handle.

You can read the original full post here.

Guest Guest Guest
On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Vlad said:

It shows up after I /reload. it's probably my lousy comp, sorry

Guest Kamiyadori
On ‎27‎.‎07‎.‎2016 at 9:18 AM, Pandacho said:

The last blue post I found (Feb 18, 2016) states that MW monks will be treated as all the other healers (ranged) in Legion:

I kind of dislike that fact, allthough i can totally understand Blizzard why they changed it.

After the patch was released i started with Focused Thunder as talent but switched to Rising Thunder pretty quickly and i have to say, i enjoy it. Also it made Lifecycles completly irrelevant since most of the Vivify i use don't cost any mana anyway. Mist Wrap is also so much cooler in general.

All in all i can say, that i never really had any problems with my mana, even in more problematic situations. I've only raided a single time with that char yet, but still my experience was that i healed more than or at least about the same as the other monk in the raid group, even tho his GS was about 10 more points than mine and he wasn't feastweaving at all.

And I'm not fond of sitting in the backline for 2 minutes at Socrethar thanks to the stupid Gift of the Man'ari. It just completly severs the Rising Thunder Talent :/

(Yes, i can change the talents for fights like that but still not happy^^)

Guest Docu

Hey,

I use a very nice mistweaving add on that is called "mistweaver" :)

With this add on u can watch all important CDs and Hots. Especially for those, who don't want to revamp their whole HUD with ElvUI or who are still overwhelmed by VuDo's control panel (like myself), it is nice and easy to use alternative. 

What do u think about that one?

Guest mwmonk

What are best trinkets for MW (pre-raid and after raid launch)?

Guest Kamiyadori
On ‎05‎.‎08‎.‎2016 at 0:17 AM, Guest Docu said:

Hey,

I use a very nice mistweaving add on that is called "mistweaver" :)

With this add on u can watch all important CDs and Hots. Especially for those, who don't want to revamp their whole HUD with ElvUI or who are still overwhelmed by VuDo's control panel (like myself), it is nice and easy to use alternative. 

What do u think about that one?

Looks cool^^

I personally installed Class Mods a few days ago, mainly to better keep track of the totems as Elemental since i forgot to recast them very often and it also helps me a lot with my Survival Hunter since i have to pay Attention to the number of stacks on the buffs, etc.

In general i fell in love with that addon pretty quickly.

On ‎08‎.‎08‎.‎2016 at 1:15 AM, Guest mwmonk said:

What are best trinkets for MW (pre-raid and after raid launch)?

You're talking about legion, don't you? :)

Guest mwmonk
4 hours ago, Guest Kamiyadori said:

You're talking about legion, don't you? :)

Yes.  Which trinket is better from Legion mythic dungeons, craft, maybe we need alchemy/darkmoon trinket to prepare for raid. And after raid launch: which better from Emeral Nightmare