Damien

Protection Paladin 7.2.5

167 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Protection Paladin guide for Legion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Guest Rip said:

Versatility as no.1 priority? please expand

Assuming that players wish to fill their roles as a tank, Versatility is reliably the best stat. It is a flat increase to the healing of the Paladin, their damage done and a reduction to their damage taken. There's no reason to prioritise another stat at the moment, unless you feel like trying to maximise your DPS as a tank. Even then, you're sacrificing plenty of survivability for a lot less damage gain.

This might change when we reach 110 or after further tuning changes, but for now, Vers is the way to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this mean that the Alchemy Trinket would suddenly become very useful for Prot Pallies? Static vers plus a strength proc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The talent Hand of the Protector DOES update while standing in consecration just like Light of the Protector. It is true that in a previous patch this was not the case but it is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Picklzz said:

The talent Hand of the Protector DOES update while standing in consecration just like Light of the Protector. It is true that in a previous patch this was not the case but it is now.

Thanks for noticing this. I'm fixing the mention right now. Much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.7.2016 at 2:04 AM, Blainie said:

There's no reason to prioritise another stat at the moment, unless you feel like trying to maximise your DPS as a tank. Even then, you're sacrificing plenty of survivability for a lot less damage gain.

Versatility is passive.

With more Haste you get more SotR/J/AS out, that helps with your survivability and damage.

With more Crit you get more CD Reduction for SotR, that helps with your survivability and damage.

 

I disagree with the stat priority. I think for an experienced tank its more beneficial to push the active abilities.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know if sacred duty will post up to date weak auras strings for prot paladins for 7.0.3?

You still have it referenced for this patch so wanted to know if you have been given a heads up or something.

I suck at weak auras and found their previous strings extremely helpful.

Edit: Theck just replied to me on the site and confirmed he doesnt play anymore and wont update it. He pointed me in the direction of Slootbags site, which currently arent updated for 7.0.3, is this a site you would also recommend? 

 

Can you recommend any others?

Edited by Audmundr
Realised sacred duty has been retired, new question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for all the comments, guys. I am pushing through an update soon that adds a separate DPS stat priority and fixes a few of the other concerns. Looking forward to more feedback :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone,

Since the SoTR and Consecration changes, I figured I'd need some new Weak Aura's. They can be found here for anyone interested in them. :) They monitor when you're stood in your Cons + how many charges you have left on SoTR. There's one in there for Blessed Hammer too!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17612781315

Please note that these were only created today, so if you have any suggestions/feedback then please let me know.

Regards,

Zycó

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Light of the Protector should be used moment it comes from cooldown. 15 sec is extremely small cooldown (and is affected by haste). In six minute fight, you have 24 casts. Let's say that there is 1sec delay on use, so we have 23 LotP casts now. Those 23 can be delayed max 0,6sec until we drop 22 LotP casts. And so on. More you wait and game one cast of LotP, more likely you are going to shave opportunities to cast more LotPs. Note: For this calculation, I used rigid 15sec recharge time on LotP. With Righteous Protector it's even shorter recharge time. It's not about max one cast, it's about multitude of casts. It's part of our AM and should be used extremely often, not to be saved for special occasion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest Dion, from Maintanka said:

Light of the Protector should be used moment it comes from cooldown. 15 sec is extremely small cooldown (and is affected by haste). In six minute fight, you have 24 casts. Let's say that there is 1sec delay on use, so we have 23 LotP casts now. Those 23 can be delayed max 0,6sec until we drop 22 LotP casts. And so on. More you wait and game one cast of LotP, more likely you are going to shave opportunities to cast more LotPs. Note: For this calculation, I used rigid 15sec recharge time on LotP. With Righteous Protector it's even shorter recharge time. It's not about max one cast, it's about multitude of casts. It's part of our AM and should be used extremely often, not to be saved for special occasion.

The problem is that with a 15-second cooldown, if you've just used it even though you didn't really need its healing (say you were at 80% health), you can't use it again when you might actually need it.

I mean sure, if it's a farm fight where you know already that you're never going to drop below 60% health ever because the fight is easy, then just use it on cooldown to max healing over the fight, but that's not the situation we're talking about here. We're talking about fights where at any moment you could find that you've suddenly dipped dangerously low and you need something to bail you and your healers out. And having it available is better there. Your goal isn't really to maximise your self-healing throughout the fight, your goal is not to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vlad said:

The problem is that with a 15-second cooldown, if you've just used it even though you didn't really need its healing (say you were at 80% health), you can't use it again when you might actually need it.

I mean sure, if it's a farm fight where you know already that you're never going to drop below 60% health ever because the fight is easy, then just use it on cooldown to max healing over the fight, but that's not the situation we're talking about here. We're talking about fights where at any moment you could find that you've suddenly dipped dangerously low and you need something to bail you and your healers out. And having it available is better there. Your goal isn't really to maximise your self-healing throughout the fight, your goal is not to die.

LotP cooldown is extremely short. You really aren't saying that ShotR should not be used as often it is possible because it has 12sec recharge time per charge. Also haste shortens cooldown and Righteous Protector makes it even more shorter. Lenght of the cooldown isn't issue, it encourages you to use it often.

30-40% your healers are franticly searching for those expensive heals and those "Oh shit, oh shit, don't die!" buttons. They also are making their best that you stay high health which makes it even longer to reach 30-40% health and waste even more time and more LotP casts. Boss keeps pummeling you with autoattacks and they are eating steadily your health, so even if you cast one LotP at 80%, next one might be 40% and third could be at 70%. Waiting ShotR is similar thing, in 6.2.4 you didn't want try to game it to prevent mega big chunck damage, you try reach max uptime to have smoother damage intake. Same with LotP, it's not Lay on Hands, it's similar to ShotR.

Most definately you want to max self healing because it maximizes your survivability and prevents you from dying. Saving it and delaying it more likely gets you to eat more damage, stress your healers and hold back their occasional damage spells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dion said:

LotP cooldown is extremely short. You really aren't saying that ShotR should not be used as often it is possible because it has 12sec recharge time per charge. Also haste shortens cooldown and Righteous Protector makes it even more shorter. Lenght of the cooldown isn't issue, it encourages you to use it often.

30-40% your healers are franticly searching for those expensive heals and those "Oh shit, oh shit, don't die!" buttons. They also are making their best that you stay high health which makes it even longer to reach 30-40% health and waste even more time and more LotP casts. Boss keeps pummeling you with autoattacks and they are eating steadily your health, so even if you cast one LotP at 80%, next one might be 40% and third could be at 70%. Waiting ShotR is similar thing, in 6.2.4 you didn't want try to game it to prevent mega big chunck damage, you try reach max uptime to have smoother damage intake. Same with LotP, it's not Lay on Hands, it's similar to ShotR.

Most definately you want to max self healing because it maximizes your survivability and prevents you from dying. Saving it and delaying it more likely gets you to eat more damage, stress your healers and hold back their occasional damage spells.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I've spoken to Treckie about it as well and we're in agreement.

Maximising self-healing over the course of the fight does not maximise your survivability and it does not prevent you from dying. It pads the meters and possibly allows your healers to spend a little less Mana (if that's even a concern).

Consider the situation where you are at 80% health, and you use a Light of the Protector for a measly heal. Then you take a boss hit that puts you at 50% health, and the next will put you lower. Suddenly, having been able to use LotP then would have been much more useful, but it's on cooldown. Even with Haste and Righteous Protector, it will be on cooldown.

Yes, healers are going to heal you, and they'll panic when you drop low on health. But that's no reason for you not to contribute to your healing when you are low on health. So I just can't see a good justification for using LotP at high health just not to miss out on a bunch of casts over the course of the fight.

I will grant that if you are using Righteous Protector, you can be more liberal with its usage, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vlad said:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I've spoken to Treckie about it as well and we're in agreement.

Maximising self-healing over the course of the fight does not maximise your survivability and it does not prevent you from dying. It pads the meters and possibly allows your healers to spend a little less Mana (if that's even a concern).

Consider the situation where you are at 80% health, and you use a Light of the Protector for a measly heal. Then you take a boss hit that puts you at 50% health, and the next will put you lower. Suddenly, having been able to use LotP then would have been much more useful, but it's on cooldown. Even with Haste and Righteous Protector, it will be on cooldown.

Yes, healers are going to heal you, and they'll panic when you drop low on health. But that's no reason for you not to contribute to your healing when you are low on health. So I just can't see a good justification for using LotP at high health just not to miss out on a bunch of casts over the course of the fight.

I will grant that if you are using Righteous Protector, you can be more liberal with its usage, though.

Yes, we disagree and here is why. You view LotP as a cooldown, used as when it's most effective. I view it as part of our AM, used as often as possible because smoothens damage intake. To ephasise, you use it to recover from tight spot and I use it to never get to that tight spot where you recovered with it.

Your scenario is possible one, but only in theory. We need to consider that Blizzard wants to tanks to have 60-70% uptime with ShotR, and that Tanks should slowly take damage, instead of wild HP pingpong. Also Blizzard has stateld that healers mana should matter and be part of their gameplay. 

What is likely outcome that during entire fight when you use it as often as possible is that you end up casting it all kinds of HP situations, high, low and middle because nobody can predict whole boss fight accurately. You aren't casting it on only high health, you are casting it all kinds of situations. 10%, 50% and say 80% to emphasise my point. Because you might cast it 80% doesn't mean you will be casting all other LotPs at 80%, that is just a single cast. Fight is probably going to last long, about six minutes. 

To drive this cooldown thing further, you aren't saying that ShotR should not be used only to special attacks to maximizise damage reducted from single attack but as often as possible to maximize damage reducted overall. Same thing with Lotp, you don't want to have more health after single attack, you want to have more health overall, during whole encounter.

Oh, I wouldn't call maximizing self-healing padding the meters, you would make DK tanks pretty pissed. Self-healing is part of EH and TMI, which should be maximized to maximize survivability. There is no reason why you shouldn't be casting self-heals as often as possible when cooldown is so low because there is no tradeoff like with WoG. There were reason why Seal of Insight was considered survival seal and Truth was DPS seal even when Insights heal was small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Questions.

Firstly.

          My math is no good. Does the "Consecration" effect of "Light of the Protector" add 20% on top of the 26% equaling a 46% heal, or does it add 20% of the 26% equaling 31.2% heal?

 

Secondly.

          On the Tier 5 Talents list you give "Final Stand" a big green tick and suggest that if we need a strong defensive cooldown then we should take "Final Stand". However all "Final Stand" really does is add an AoE taunt to "Divine Shield" and doesn't actually give us a defensive cooldown at all, therefore limiting it's usefulness to pulling mobs inside 15yrds but outside our "Consecration". Wouldn't "Hand of the Protector" be a more useful choice overall?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dion said:

Yes, we disagree and here is why. You view LotP as a cooldown, used as when it's most effective. I view it as part of our AM, used as often as possible because smoothens damage intake. To ephasise, you use it to recover from tight spot and I use it to never get to that tight spot where you recovered with it.

Your scenario is possible one, but only in theory. We need to consider that Blizzard wants to tanks to have 60-70% uptime with ShotR, and that Tanks should slowly take damage, instead of wild HP pingpong. Also Blizzard has stateld that healers mana should matter and be part of their gameplay. 

What is likely outcome that during entire fight when you use it as often as possible is that you end up casting it all kinds of HP situations, high, low and middle because nobody can predict whole boss fight accurately. You aren't casting it on only high health, you are casting it all kinds of situations. 10%, 50% and say 80% to emphasise my point. Because you might cast it 80% doesn't mean you will be casting all other LotPs at 80%, that is just a single cast. Fight is probably going to last long, about six minutes. 

To drive this cooldown thing further, you aren't saying that ShotR should not be used only to special attacks to maximizise damage reducted from single attack but as often as possible to maximize damage reducted overall. Same thing with Lotp, you don't want to have more health after single attack, you want to have more health overall, during whole encounter.

Oh, I wouldn't call maximizing self-healing padding the meters, you would make DK tanks pretty pissed. Self-healing is part of EH and TMI, which should be maximized to maximize survivability. There is no reason why you shouldn't be casting self-heals as often as possible when cooldown is so low because there is no tradeoff like with WoG. There were reason why Seal of Insight was considered survival seal and Truth was DPS seal even when Insights heal was small.

I am absolutely not treating LotP as a cooldown. It is active mitigation, but unlike SotR, its efficiency varies. If the damage reduction offered by SotR would be tiny if used at high health, then I would probably also advise that you not use it then and save it for when it will actually be powerful. But that's now how sotr works, so really, keeping high uptime on it is good enough.

3 hours ago, Guest Bluekiwi said:

2 Questions.

Firstly.

          My math is no good. Does the "Consecration" effect of "Light of the Protector" add 20% on top of the 26% equaling a 46% heal, or does it add 20% of the 26% equaling 31.2% heal?

 

Secondly.

          On the Tier 5 Talents list you give "Final Stand" a big green tick and suggest that if we need a strong defensive cooldown then we should take "Final Stand". However all "Final Stand" really does is add an AoE taunt to "Divine Shield" and doesn't actually give us a defensive cooldown at all, therefore limiting it's usefulness to pulling mobs inside 15yrds but outside our "Consecration". Wouldn't "Hand of the Protector" be a more useful choice overall?

 

My understanding is that it is 20% of the heal that LotP would produce, so it will not heal you for 45% of your missing health, no.

 

Regarding Final Stand, it is not just a taunt. It forces the target(s) to attack you for the full duration of Divine Shield. Basically it's a 100% damage reduction cooldown that lasts 8 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm new at Prot paladin, so I might just misunderstand. The guide states about Consecration that "its duration is longer than its cooldown)" (Rotation section). However, I'm seeing the duration and cooldown going down equally with haste and always being the same. In what cases would the cooldown be lower than the duration?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for my english but i have talents doubt : rotating usually can only click 2 times on hammer and then go to click on other icons , so my choice would be on holy shield because the damage reduction would be a 10 % chance yet . while blessed hammer does 15 % damage reduction , but should be filtered to dodge parry block so procs about half of the time . Of course it is more blessed damage but at this point the normal hammer damage is in addition to the return of holy damage -holy shield ..Please can study this for me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. Since i love paladins so much lore wise, in every expansion I had prot/ret paladin as my main for a period of time but for Legion i have some worries regarding protection spec, especially after playing with all tanks except monks in prepatch:

-Shield of the righteous/consecration dynamic will force us to be stationary

-Shield of the Righteous is definitely a strong active mitigation spell but compared to other tanks' active mitigations, if my calculations are correct, it will be up the least amount of time in a mythic boss/raid boss fight, making our damage taken inconsistent.

-Hand/Light of the protector is weak

-Legendary Artifact Traits don't look like they will be much help regarding survivability either.

I'm not an expert but I don't want to invest time on a prot paladin if in legion end content especially in mythic+, people doesn't want us tanking. So I want to hear your feedback on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The enchant Mark of the Shadowmoon seems to have changed from Spirit to Versatility.  I am guessing this now makes it useful for us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no mention on the stat priority page of the cooldown bonusses from crit Judgements. I assume they don't make crit suddenly wonderful, but I'm curious if that means that a small amount of crit has interesting potential effects on ShOR uptime?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fairly new to being a prot pwlly and was finding it frustrating to deal with trying to tank since the new patch so I came looking for advice but I'm wondering about the section for level 30 talents why get bastion? The skill it utilizes you don't get for 8 more levels so why grab if then? It's literally not using the talent point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Starym

       
      7.3 isn't just bringing in new stuff from Argus, we're also getting some future past items! Raiding with Leashes is back with its' fifth iteration and it's Deathwing and his minions' turn to give us gifts of pets! This latest addition will take us through all Cataclysm raids and if you gather all 15 pets there you get the achievement and another pet!

      Raiding with Leashes V: Cuteaclysm
      So let's take a closer look at the new raid themed pets that are coming with the next patch. If you want to check out a pet's abilities just click on the link in the name and then on the "Learned" tab.
      Bastion of Twilight

      Twilight Clutch-Sister (Valiona)   /   Bound Stream (Ascendant Council) 
        
      Faceless Minion (Cho'gall)

      Blackwing Descent

      Tinytron (Omnotron Defense System)   /   Discarded Experiment (Maloriak)
        
      Rattlejaw (Nefarian)

      Throne of the Four Winds
      Drafty (Nezir)   /   Zephyrian Prince (Al'Akir)
        
      Firelands

      Blazehound (Shannox)   /   Cinderweb Recluse (Beth'tilac)
        
      Surger (Baleroc)   /   Infernal Pyreclaw (Majordomo Staghelm)
        
      Dragon Soul

      Faceless Mindlasher (Yor'sahj the Unsleeping)   /   Corrupted Blood (Spine of Deathwing)
        
      Unstable Tendril (Madess of Deathwing)

       
      And finally, once you gather all those up, the achievement will reward you with Amalgam of Destruction:

    • By Stan

      Tier 21 set bonus tuning continues for Restoration Druids, Mistweaver Monks and other classes as we approach Antorus testing on PTR.
      This week's 7.3 PTR build is now live and Blizzard has started the usual communication revolving around Tier 21 set bonuses. To check out the most recent changes, visit our Patch 7.3 Build 24651 Overview.
      Restoration Druid
      The most recent T21 4P bonus will be changed in a future patch to a 100% chance to grant the Awakened buff for 10 seconds.
      Item - Druid T21 Restoration 4P Bonus - Ysera's Gift Heals Faster - When you cast Wild Growth, you have a 50% chance to cause Ysera's Gift to heal a target 400% more frequently for 10 sec. Blizzard (Source)
      I'm unsure if the build that went up today has this change or not, but I recently changed the 4-piece bonus to be a 100% chance on Wild Growth to grant 5 seconds of the Awakened buff (instead of 50% chance for 10 seconds).

      If that is not in the build that went up today, it should be in the next build. Mistweaver Monk
      T21 2P (Item - Monk T21 Mistweaver 2P Bonus - Gust of Mists Applies Absorb) has been fixed and the HoT can now critically hit. T21 4P (Item - Monk T21 Mistweaver 4P Bonus - Renewing Mist Casts Heal Gust of Mist Targets) is a flat % proc rate and i doesn't use a deck of cards. Blizzard (Source)
      I just fixed the 2 piece HoT to correctly be able to critical strike.

      The 4-piece bonus does not use a deck of cards, it is just a flat percentage proc rate. Holy Paladin
      In a future build, there will be an entirely new T21 4P for Holy Paladins. The most recent one is
      Item - Paladin T21 Holy 4P Bonus - Blessing of Sacrifice Reduction - When a target with your Beacon of Light on them falls below 50% health, the cooldown of Blessing of Sacrifice is reduced by 20.0 sec. This can only occur once every 10 sec. Blizzard (Source)
      In a future build you will have a different 4-piece set bonus. Discipline Priest
      For the sake of simplicity, Smite will be removed from the T21 4P bonus (Item - Priest T21 Discipline 4P Bonus - Power Word: Radiance Buffs Smite/Penance).
      Blizzard (Source)
      I will remove Smite from the set bonus for simplicity sake. The next PTR build should have that change. Arms/Fury Warrior
      Item - Warrior T21 Arms 4P Bonus - Mortal Strike Buffs WW/Slam & Item - Warrior T21 Fury 2P Bonus - Rampage Damage Over Time are currently bugged and will be fixed soon.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Arms: 

      2 Piece: Quite smooth from a playstyle perspective.It's quite similar to IFTK in providing an 8 second buff. Can be maintained regularly, but I'd suggest that it be triggered by Warbreaker as well, just as IFTK does.

      4 Piece: Broken on PTR as of July 26, 2AM PST. Might change in the future.

      The 4P makes me think of a reverse Focused Rage where MS is the one buffing the filler. My only concern is that a single stack of the buff from MS is enough of a damage increase to Slam/WW, which is mostly a tuning issue. The 4P fits seamlessly into the the Arms rotation without making me go out of my way to cast anything extra. 

      Fury: 

      2 Piece: The tooltip seems wrong, it's currently doing 10% of Rampage's dmg in bleed form instead of 30%. 

      It's effect screams the Valarjar Berserker and Soul of the Battlelord. A simple passive that could be quite powerful. 

      4 Piece: The damage multiplier is broken right now. Though the tooltip says 0% buff to next Rampage after casting BC, it's several hundred percent. With that being said, the damage from Rampage would need to be enough for us to recover from the loss of CoF, which means less overall casts of BC.
      I am investigating the issues with the Arms 4p and Fury 2p. I corrected the tooltip for the Fury 4p bonus. Thanks for the reports.
      I believe all of the problems listed in this thread will be fixed in the next PTR build. Thanks again for reporting the problems.
    • By Stan

      After the maintenance's over in your region, there are several hotfixes that will come into effect. The third LFR Wing of the Tomb is now available with Maiden of Vigilance and Fallen Avatar. There's a new PvP Brawl and you can get up to 50% more reputation from World Quests.
      Hotfixes & Tomb of Sargeras Mythic Nerfs
      Many hotfixes related to PvE & PvP will be live once maintenance ends in your region. The Tomb of Sargeras nerfs make the final two encounters easier, so expect a lot more Kil'jaeden Mythic kills in the coming days. Tomb of Sargeras LFR Wing #3
      Chamber of the Avatar opens with Maiden of Vigilance and Fallen Avatar. Mythic Keystone Affixes
      Teeming // Quaking // Fortified World Quests Bonus Event (July 25 - August 1)
      For the duration of the event, reputation gained from World Quests is increased by 50% (Sign of the Emissary). This is great for farming reputation Paragon caches / mounts or unlock flying. The weekly quest "The World Awaits" rewards 5,000 Order Resources once you complete 20 world quests. PvP Brawl: Arathi Blizzard (July 25 - August 1)
      Put away your bathing suit, pull out your parka, and enter a winter wonderland as the Arathi Basin you know and love gets a fresh coat of ice and snow. You'll be racing your way between the farm, stables, mine, lumberyard, and blacksmith through piles of snow and over a - mostly - frozen lake. One more thing: the weather forecast calls for a bit of fog of war. We hope you're prepared for the weather. (Source) Don't forget to complete the weekly quest "Something Different" to get Brawler's Footlocker, 3 Marks of Honor and Soldier's Legacy (AP token). Kirin Tor Tavern Crawl (July 31)
      The mages of Azeroth like to relax, too. Hop into a portal at your watering hole and join the Tavern Crawl. The micro-holiday is centered around inns. You talk to a NPC that will teleport you to various inns across Azeroth where you can interact with unique objects. You stay there for a short period and teleport to another tavern. It's the first time Tavern Crawl's up, because it was disabled in the past. The event was suffering from issues that couldn't be hotfixed. Find our more about Tavern Crawl in our micro-holiday preview. World Boss Drugon
      Look for the epic World Quest "The Frozen King" in Highmountain.
      World Boss Loot Table
      Assorted Dragonscale Bracers Drugon's Snowglobe Ettin Fingernail Ettinbone Bracers Giant's Handkerchief Snowdrift Bracers Wax-Sealed Leather Bracers
    • By Stan

      In the latest 7.3 PTR build, Validated Doomsayers now appear in Dalaran giving players various pamphlets heralding Azeroth's demise, citizens are dazed, can't be cured or talk gibberish.
      The event is very similar to Cataclysm and those creatures are obviously a Hearthstone reference (Validated Doomsayer). Concerned and Scared Citizens are curious about what's going on. Terrified Citizens are affected by fear (Frightened), other citizens do not feel well (Inexplicable Feeling).
      Some interesting conversations from Dalaran:
      Validated Doomsayer yells: The Light has forsaken us!
      Validated Doomsayer yells: Our time ends, the cleansing is nigh!
      Dalaran Citizen says: They say it's all in your head, but this... this is different. I swear!
      Olisarra the Kind says: Pretty soon, we'll have to send people off site for help. I just don't think we have the resources here to maintain any semblance of order.
      Dalaran Citizen says: Is it normal to see stars?

    • By Stan

      A source of the latest information related to Patch 7.3 and beyond!
      Our Patch 7.3 hub organizes all 7.3 data and latest news coverage in a single place.
      Welcome to our centralized hub dedicated to the biggest patch ever introduced to World of Warcraft. For easier navigation, we'll keep it updated throughout testing by adding links to our latest coverage, so that you won't miss out on any important information.
      Patch 7.3
      Antorus, the Burning Throne Raid (Build 24473) Antorus & The Pantheon Legion Ending & Next Expansion Leaks Artifact Knowledge Changes Invasion Points // "Lesser & Greater Rifts" Coming to WoW Invasion Point: Blood (Build 24539) Invasion Point: Ice (Build 24539) Ion Hazzikostas Interview New Champion Equipment & Missions New Creature Models (Build 24473) New Mounts (Build 24473) // Lightforged Golem Mount New Pets (Build 24473) New Profession Updates (Build 24473) // The Future of Obliterum New World Bosses (Build 24473) New Transmog Items (Build 24500) Tier 21 Sets Preview (Normal Tints) // Mythic Tints Tier 21 Druid (Build 24500) Tier 21 Monk (Build 24539) Tier 21 Paladin (Build 24539) Tier 21 Priest (Build 24500) Tier 21 Rogue (Build 24539) The Netherlight Crucible (Build 24608) Seat of the Triumvirate (Dungeon) (Build 24608) Weapons of the Lightforged (Build 24473) New Caster Animations
      In Patch 7.3, several caster Classes received updates to their animations.
      Druid, Mage, Shaman Animations (Build 24473) Priest Animations (Build 24473) Restoration Shaman Animations (Build 24500) Gameplay Videos
      Argus Gameplay Part 1 (up to Krokuun) (Build 24473) Argus Gameplay Part 2 (End of Chapter 1) (Build 24500) Argus Gameplay Part 3 (Mac'Aree) (Build 24539) Build Highlights // Class Changes
      Patch 7.3 Build 24651 Patch 7.3 Build 24608 // Feral Druid // Frost DK & Mage Changes Patch 7.3: Upcoming Frost Death Knight Changes Patch 7.3 Build 24539 // Patch 7.3 Feral Druid Changes Patch 7.3.0 Build 24500 Patch 7.3.0 Build 24473 Dev Notes
      Build 24608 Build 24539 Build 24500 Build 24473