FORUMS
Damien

Retribution Paladin 7.3

11 hours ago, PatrickHenry said:

:|

Is that a bug?

It's intended, it's been that way since they changed the racials a while back. It gives a CP for Rogues too, I believe.

Guest Tystakrigarn

Hi,

Could anyone comment on if its viable to use HoJ in your rotation while having the Justice Gaze legendary head?

anyone could post a link to their addon folder, a  nice and neat UI for ret pally? elvui weakauras if possible please :)

or point me where i could get such thing,thanks in advance

14 hours ago, Guest Tystakrigarn said:

Hi,

Could anyone comment on if its viable to use HoJ in your rotation while having the Justice Gaze legendary head?

I would only ever use it if I have absolutely 100% nothing else to cast. It generates no HP in a spec that relies almost entirely on HP damage.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Blainie said:

I would only ever use it if I have absolutely 100% nothing else to cast. It generates no HP in a spec that relies almost entirely on HP damage.

Im trying to remember...but I think its also non-functional on stun-immune mobs?

So raid bosses of any sort would be zero affected.

1 hour ago, PatrickHenry said:

Im trying to remember...but I think its also non-functional on stun-immune mobs?

So raid bosses of any sort would be zero affected.

It does 600% of your AP as damage when used with the JG legendary, regardless of stunning or not. It doesn't generate AP though, so it kinda sucks.

Guest Murry

Hello fellow paladins,

just want to ask about best trinket Convergence of Fates. Is it still best now ? In hotfixes from 18.1. is "Convergence of Fates: now activates 70% less often for Retribution Paladins (other specs unaffected)."

Probably no -  i expect now a draught or FCM are BiS (along with eye of command),but update will be nice for sure

Guest Ixvang

In your BiS section, you state that the best t19 pieces to go for are helm, chest, shoulders and legs. I was wondering if it would be better to go gauntlets instead of chest, and use the Chestplate of Impenetrable Darkness in conjunction with an Eye of Command.

Guest Pallly

Your trinket recommendation is so far off and horribly wrong. It's disgusting tbh. 

KJs burning wish isnt even a contender on patchwerk fights or cleave fights (with legendaries). 

Draught of Souls isn't even close to being a contender. CoF is number one, then the cleave trinket from the scorpion boss, then FCM is third followed closely by  eye of command (competing based on ilvl). 

Why do you guys always post the wrong info? 

10 hours ago, Guest Pallly said:

Your trinket recommendation is so far off and horribly wrong. It's disgusting tbh. 

KJs burning wish isnt even a contender on patchwerk fights or cleave fights (with legendaries). 

Draught of Souls isn't even close to being a contender. CoF is number one, then the cleave trinket from the scorpion boss, then FCM is third followed closely by  eye of command (competing based on ilvl). 

Why do you guys always post the wrong info? 

http://imgur.com/a/d4zwo
http://imgur.com/a/ZFrLE

http://imgur.com/a/j5GnR

http://imgur.com/a/ui5I8

:thinking:

Edited by Farion

Guest Davrin

Can anyone clarify the rotation a little bit? The guide just says 'build holy power, use judgement, spend it' rather than the very detailed lists found in most of the other guides. I'm trying to follow along based on the opener, but past that I feel like I don't have a very good handle on what move I'm supposed to be using and when.

15 hours ago, Guest Murry said:

Just want to ask - ilvl 860 Eye of Command  shows here that you get 207 crit, stacking 10 times its 2070 crit. But This trinket gives only 148 crit (1480 with 10 stacks).

And this prior list counting with 207 or 148 crit ?

The list uses the 148 crit version. the id of the icon that the site uses is off.

for more details about trinkets check the spread sheet provided in the end of the Trinket list.

Was running some talent comparisons in simcraft, and the results did not line up with what I expected. For pure single target, it shows ES+FoJ+BoW, FV+FoJ+BoW, and FV+Zeal+BoW all being equal (less than 0.1% variance). Even FV+Zeal+DH is only ~2.5% behind.

Was also surprised that even at 2 targets full aoe spec (Consecrate+GJ+DH) has a slight ~1.5% edge over FV+Zeal+DH.

Is simcraft wrong, or has blizzard really messed up their tuning so we basically don't have a single target spec that gives a dps boost over cleave spec?

14 hours ago, Morfraen said:

Was running some talent comparisons in simcraft, and the results did not line up with what I expected. For pure single target, it shows ES+FoJ+BoW, FV+FoJ+BoW, and FV+Zeal+BoW all being equal (less than 0.1% variance). Even FV+Zeal+DH is only ~2.5% behind.

Was also surprised that even at 2 targets full aoe spec (Consecrate+GJ+DH) has a slight ~1.5% edge over FV+Zeal+DH.

Is simcraft wrong, or has blizzard really messed up their tuning so we basically don't have a single target spec that gives a dps boost over cleave spec?

Sim results differs from one character to another.

What is written here is a general use of the talents and which works well overall.

On 1/19/2017 at 6:08 AM, Guest Murry said:

Hello fellow paladins,

just want to ask about best trinket Convergence of Fates. Is it still best now ? In hotfixes from 18.1. is "Convergence of Fates: now activates 70% less often for Retribution Paladins (other specs unaffected)."

The spreadsheet that is linked should now cover all trinket questions.

On 1/19/2017 at 10:56 AM, Arhol said:

Probably no -  i expect now a draught or FCM are BiS (along with eye of command),but update will be nice for sure

You were close with your guesses!

On 1/25/2017 at 11:12 AM, Guest Ixvang said:

In your BiS section, you state that the best t19 pieces to go for are helm, chest, shoulders and legs. I was wondering if it would be better to go gauntlets instead of chest, and use the Chestplate of Impenetrable Darkness in conjunction with an Eye of Command.

I think you're still better off using the recommended and then going for DoS/FCM.

On 1/28/2017 at 4:54 AM, Guest Davrin said:

Can anyone clarify the rotation a little bit? The guide just says 'build holy power, use judgement, spend it' rather than the very detailed lists found in most of the other guides. I'm trying to follow along based on the opener, but past that I feel like I don't have a very good handle on what move I'm supposed to be using and when.

The issue is, the rotation for Ret is basically that. You will work on a priority system that functions similar to this:

• Do you have Holy Power ready to spend?
    • If not, generate Holy Power using Crusader Strike or Blade of Justice.
    • If yes, go to next step.
  • Do you have the Judgement debuff up on the mob?
    • If no, use Judgement.
    • If yes, use Templar's Verdict to spend your Holy Power and Execution Sentence.

That's the absolute basic priority, you then need to read in to some of the more "in-depth" sections that Fardion has prepared.

Guest Archuriel

I have noticed something that might answer why my SIMS say I should have much higher DPS than I am pulling.  I noticed when testing on a target dummy that I was getting really bad dps during wings (700kish) but overall my abilities were performing as intended, i.e. Crit rates were around the mark.  I realized that I was not getting Templar's Verdict crit during my crusade.  I went back and tested again with a crusade only parse and noticed that I primarily got Echo of the Highlord TV crit, not the main attack.  However, combat logs record it as a TV crit.  I started going back through old parses and realized a crit % for TV was most likely just Echo crit when I had low dps.  I did some more testing and went through Skada, my average crit over a 4min parse was 600k with TV!  The programs are incorrectly counting Echo crits as TV crits.  IMO, sims are doing the same thing and applying your crit rate to the baseline TV attack, when it seems like the main attack is VASTLY underperforming.  As anyone else noticed this going on?  For example, I sim at like 630k over 4 mins but at a dummy I'm lucky to get 530k.  I am keeping the correct rotation and my parses are similar in cast numbers to the higher ones.  Am I just getting extremely bad luck with TV crits or is there something wrong with how crit is applied to the main attack of TV vs. Echo?

3 hours ago, Guest Archuriel said:

Am I just getting extremely bad luck with TV crits or is there something wrong with how crit is applied to the main attack of TV vs. Echo?

I'm personally not aware of something that could be causing this issue to occur, but I don't play a Ret so don't count on me! I'm going to tag @Farion, he might be able to shed some more insight into this.

Sorry that I couldn't answer myself!

7 hours ago, Guest Archuriel said:

I have noticed something that might answer why my SIMS say I should have much higher DPS than I am pulling.  I noticed when testing on a target dummy that I was getting really bad dps during wings (700kish) but overall my abilities were performing as intended, i.e. Crit rates were around the mark.  I realized that I was not getting Templar's Verdict crit during my crusade.  I went back and tested again with a crusade only parse and noticed that I primarily got Echo of the Highlord TV crit, not the main attack.  However, combat logs record it as a TV crit.  I started going back through old parses and realized a crit % for TV was most likely just Echo crit when I had low dps.  I did some more testing and went through Skada, my average crit over a 4min parse was 600k with TV!  The programs are incorrectly counting Echo crits as TV crits.  IMO, sims are doing the same thing and applying your crit rate to the baseline TV attack, when it seems like the main attack is VASTLY underperforming.  As anyone else noticed this going on?  For example, I sim at like 630k over 4 mins but at a dummy I'm lucky to get 530k.  I am keeping the correct rotation and my parses are similar in cast numbers to the higher ones.  Am I just getting extremely bad luck with TV crits or is there something wrong with how crit is applied to the main attack of TV vs. Echo?

My reply on next page.

Edited by Farion
  • Like 1