FORUMS
Damien

Shadow Priest 7.3

15 hours ago, Guest Murf said:

Will we get the BiS list by raid? Im REALLY having trouble quantiying these trinkets with their weird effects, thanks <3

We'll see if we can get those sorted in the near future!

12 hours ago, Guest Samson said:

Early on in this guide it mentions that Mana is the Shadow Priests main resource and that most spells need it. This is not even remotely true anymore, and led to a lot of confusion for someone who just rejoined at Legion's launch.

Does this lack of mana mean we should have slightly less care in Intellect?

We'll look into rewording this, thanks for pointing it out.

As for Intellect, no, this does nothing to change the amount of Intellect you are seeking.

Hi guys! I just registeted here because I wanted to share my experience of new SP. 

I have now 847 ilvl and in mythic dungeon bosses I will pull out about 250k+- 20k dps if i use my "death talent" 

If I dont use it I will do abit under 200k dps something like 175k-200k.

How does those numbers sounds to you? Good? Bad? Avarage?

I didnt find any use for mindsear (dmg sucks so badly) yet and taked it off from action bars. 
I think Shadow Crash is a must talent you you want to do any dmg on trash mobs.
On boss when you use STM I would rather use mindbender because it can save your life!

Found out that dispersion used on right time can save your life too or at least extend it lol. I am using Reaper of Souls talent too.

Edited by Timoxi

1 hour ago, Timoxi said:

How does those numbers sounds to you? Good? Bad? Avarage?

An armory link or so can probably provide more information for us than just your item level, since we can then see stat levels, trinkets etc.

Post that for me, as well as which bosses you are looking at and I'll let you know!

Guest Styxt

Does the stat priority change when we get Mangaza's Madness (and then take Shadowy Insight instead of Auspicius Spirits) as Crit spawns more Apparations but they don't do anything anymore?

Also Unleash the Spirits becomes a bad trait after getting the belt.

Uncommon Patron

I'm not sure how to link my stats/ gear but I have a question about Spriest..  (Please note I am main spec disc priest.. trying to master spriest as a secondary spec)

Maybe I am just unlucky with RNG (this is a damn certainty)  but my stats are as follows-

intel- 24.5 k

Mastery-45%

crit strike- 23%

haste- 18%

I really cant control the gear drops I get and maybe this is the problem because I dont think its my rotation.  Talents- twist of fate, body and soul, mind bomb, void lord (trying this one out, was reaper of souls before) auspicious spirits, mind bender and legacy of the void.

rotation as follows- SW Pain, Vampiric touch, mind blast and flay until enough insanity to enter void form

Void form>Minderbender>MB>Void Bolt>Void Torrent>Void bolt>MB>Flay>Void bolt>MB (continues like this til i run out of insanity

my dots are maintained. I through the flay in there as a filler when needed.  ILVL is 832 and my artifact weapon needs some definite work but ive been putting almost all my time into my disc weapon.  

And finally, ST DPS with no flask or food is around 110k which seems really low and my AOE dps is basically non-existent. Anyone have any feedback/ ideas?

(this is on a dungeon dummy btw not a raiding dummy)

Edited by Sugartits

Guest Jawsome

Shadow Priest feels like shit in comparison to basically every other class right now.

single target can only do decent dps if the bossfight doesnt require movement and bomb dps / small trashpack dps is non existent. 

really sad about how shadow priest plays out because the mechanic is really fun to play but the damage is just that bad. i wanted to main SP for that add on but seems like its impossible to get a spot in a good mythic+ / mythic raid group with SP as a main char. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Guest Styxt said:

Does the stat priority change when we get Mangaza's Madness (and then take Shadowy Insight instead of Auspicius Spirits) as Crit spawns more Apparations but they don't do anything anymore?

Also Unleash the Spirits becomes a bad trait after getting the belt.

Can't give an answer to this myself, but will do my best to find it out and let you know. Just noting that your comment has been read!

12 hours ago, Sugartits said:

And finally, ST DPS with no flask or food is around 110k which seems really low and my AOE dps is basically non-existent. Anyone have any feedback/ ideas?

For this, I can only give VERY limited feedback. I would suggest posting a thread in the Priest forum and include a log of you DPSing over 5+ minutes. Should be able to help a lot more over there.

4 hours ago, Guest Jawsome said:

Shadow Priest feels like shit in comparison to basically every other class right now.

single target can only do decent dps if the bossfight doesnt require movement and bomb dps / small trashpack dps is non existent. 

really sad about how shadow priest plays out because the mechanic is really fun to play but the damage is just that bad. i wanted to main SP for that add on but seems like its impossible to get a spot in a good mythic+ / mythic raid group with SP as a main char. 

This has unfortunately felt the same way for over an expansion. We'll see if it gets changed in the future.

Guest Safrole

Can you please clear this up for me? On your stat priority page, with surrender to madness you have intellect listed as 4th priority. Then later on the same page you describe intellect as "your primary stat." To me these two statements are conflicting. But if intellect is indeed 4th best, is it worth it to go down in item level for some items in order to gain haste? For example, I have gloves that are ilvl 800 with lower intellect and +700 haste. Or I have gloves that are ilvl 810 with higher intellect, but the secondary stats do not include haste. Would I choose the ilvl 800 gloves there, even though it has less intellect?

Guest Anelit

I am little bit confused... lets say I go for mastery as my primal stat and lets say i have all the % increase dmg traits on artifact weapon activated...isn't mastery better as #1 priority stat cause then mass hysteria golden trait becomes even more broken along with all other % traits right, if we also assume your second priority stat is haste?

17 hours ago, Guest Safrole said:

Can you please clear this up for me? On your stat priority page, with surrender to madness you have intellect listed as 4th priority. Then later on the same page you describe intellect as "your primary stat." To me these two statements are conflicting. But if intellect is indeed 4th best, is it worth it to go down in item level for some items in order to gain haste? For example, I have gloves that are ilvl 800 with lower intellect and +700 haste. Or I have gloves that are ilvl 810 with higher intellect, but the secondary stats do not include haste. Would I choose the ilvl 800 gloves there, even though it has less intellect?

Intellect is referred to as a primary stat in regards to Agility/Strength/Intellect/Stamina being available on every piece of gear. We are simply stating this for much newer players. We'll see if we can reword it slightly better!

Yes, you would take the 800 gloves.

I've just come back to WoW after a five year break. I'm gradually getting back in the swing of things, but quest loot has got me puzzled. For example, having completed Deep Doubts, Deep Wisdom, I can choose between Windstrong LeggingsWindstrong Leggings or Leggings of Inner PeaceLeggings of Inner Peace, but the only difference I can see is +1 haste on the latter. Am I missing something? I would have expected there to be more distinction between them - one with crit, one with mastery perhaps? 

Edited by Rotwang

Guest Saerryn

Hey guys, 

just want to share my expierence with the spriest.

my Stats are atm with ilvl 851:

31% haste

19% crit

47% mastery

I actually Play without STM, but Single Target at Ursoc was for example 210k. Aoe at 2-5 bigger mobs is great, going over 300k.

Guest Safrole
On 9/19/2016 at 10:57 PM, Blainie said:

Intellect is referred to as a primary stat in regards to Agility/Strength/Intellect/Stamina being available on every piece of gear. We are simply stating this for much newer players. We'll see if we can reword it slightly better!

Yes, you would take the 800 gloves.

Thanks for clearing that up!

12 hours ago, Rotwang said:

I would have expected there to be more distinction between them - one with crit, one with mastery perhaps? 

This is most likely due to the changes that we saw from WoD -> Legion. Stats were removed and just blanket replaced, so those were two very different pieces in MoP, but now are practically the same since the other stats no longer exist.

7 hours ago, Guest Saerryn said:

just want to share my expierence with the spriest.

Thanks for sharing!

5 hours ago, Guest Safrole said:

Thanks for clearing that up!

No problem! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

This is most likely due to the changes that we saw from WoD -> Legion. Stats were removed and just blanket replaced, so those were two very different pieces in MoP, but now are practically the same since the other stats no longer exist.

Ah, yes, that would explain it - thanks, Blainie. There was me thinking that Blizzard would have meticulously revamped all quest loot to compensate. :-) I don't think Icy Veins existed when I Iast played WoW - thanks for a great resource.  

11 minutes ago, Rotwang said:

Ah, yes, that would explain it - thanks, Blainie. There was me thinking that Blizzard would have meticulously revamped all quest loot to compensate. :-) I don't think Icy Veins existed when I Iast played WoW - thanks for a great resource.  

No problem! They try hard but sometimes certain rewards do slip through the cracks.

If you ever have any further questions, feel free to ask on our forums and I, or one of our team members, will be happy to help :)

• Like 1

Guest Rnd SPriest mate!
16 hours ago, Guest Jodel said:

wasnt haste better for stm?

its surely is u cant have enough of it. Cuz @ late stages of S2M u only use VB (Voidbolt) and MB (Mindblast) did one try where i reached my 101 stacks.

Am playing with the "Default" SP talents that are currently going with S2M.

18 hours ago, Guest Jodel said:

wasnt haste better for stm?

Yes, it's listed as top in our priority for Surrender to Madness.

Generic comment being mass posted over the comments threads guys.

We are aware of the changes and our writers are working hard to update the guides to suit what has changed. Currently, there is a lot of work still to be done and it's unlikely that every guide will be up-to-date immediately. Expect a flood of updates over the coming days that will answer all of your questions about what is now best after X change, in time for the reset next week.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.