FORUMS
Damien

Shadow Priest 7.3

5 hours ago, gonlaz said:

Sorry that I couldn't get to you before you edited your post, but if you still need help, just ask :)

Guest Gonger

IMO mindbender should be changed to default choice for its tier once you guys do the update, as it pulls far ahead of the other two with a substantial amount of crit and haste and pairs best with Auspicious Spirits, just my 2 cents

From my testing If you can get 25% crit or more while maintaining at least close to 11k haste you should take AS over SL and mindbender over PI, helped push my damage up considerably.

Guest Blorp Blorpenson

Zek's Exteriminatus Legendary cloak was hotfixed January 17th to have a damage increase of 100% (up from 25%) So it's been a couple patches now since this change. Can we get an update on it in the legendary item list?

7 hours ago, Guest Gonger said:

IMO mindbender should be changed to default choice for its tier once you guys do the update, as it pulls far ahead of the other two with a substantial amount of crit and haste and pairs best with Auspicious Spirits, just my 2 cents

From my testing If you can get 25% crit or more while maintaining at least close to 11k haste you should take AS over SL and mindbender over PI, helped push my damage up considerably.

Mindbender is our default option currently for single target and cleave.

On 6/14/2017 at 7:17 AM, Guest Gonger said:

There have been updates to the guide's discussion of Mindbender :)

On 6/14/2017 at 9:06 AM, Guest Blorp Blorpenson said:

Zek's Exteriminatus Legendary cloak was hotfixed January 17th to have a damage increase of 100% (up from 25%) So it's been a couple patches now since this change. Can we get an update on it in the legendary item list?

Passing this on.

Guest Oddler

I have been running many simulations and never does Mark of the Trained Soldier come out on top over Hidden Satyr. The probably changed after 7.2.5 nerfs to T19 4set

11 hours ago, Guest Oddler said:

I have been running many simulations and never does Mark of the Trained Soldier come out on top over Hidden Satyr. The probably changed after 7.2.5 nerfs to T19 4set

I knew there was debate over Trained Soldier vs. Claw, but I am yet to see anyone seeing Hidden Satyr as top. Are you fully up-to-date on SimC builds etc.?

Guest Tty

Hey

Can you make a ranking of best stuff from tos?

On 6/30/2017 at 7:29 AM, Guest Tty said:

Hey

Can you make a ranking of best stuff from tos?

Yes, although for Shadow it is fairly easy to evaluate upgrades due to the extreme value of secondary stats. No exact ETA but I would expect a BiS list within a week or two.

Guest cafecito820

Looks like there's a typo in the Skills section for Mindbender:

Mindbender Icon Mindbender is the best choice for single-target and light cleave. It should be used *insight* of Voidform Icon Voidform whenever possible for the extra Haste, damage, and Insanity generation.

Should be *inside*.

41 minutes ago, Guest cafecito820 said:

Looks like there's a typo in the Skills section for Mindbender:

Mindbender Icon Mindbender is the best choice for single-target and light cleave. It should be used *insight* of Voidform Icon Voidform whenever possible for the extra Haste, damage, and Insanity generation.

Should be *inside*.

I'll get that updated :)

Guest Spriest ST.

You Say Spriest Is Low On ST Dmg. Yet We Have Had A Tremendous Buff ST Wise, Now Competing With Other Classes On Bosses Such As Goroth Which Wouldn't Be Possible Up Until Now...

On 28/07/2017 at 8:54 AM, Guest Spriest ST. said:

You Say Spriest Is Low On ST Dmg. Yet We Have Had A Tremendous Buff ST Wise, Now Competing With Other Classes On Bosses Such As Goroth Which Wouldn't Be Possible Up Until Now...

I mean, if you look at Goroth or Maiden, SPriest is near the bottom 3-4 specs on both no matter what percentile you check (75th, max). SPriest is definitely weak right now on ST, they very clearly shine on things like council fights. 

Guest Tata

Hey guys

I have 5 legs with my sp, twins sister ring, cloak, helm, kil jaeden and shoulders. Which one should i equip for tos ?

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not. 

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

Don't know if this is the right place for this, if not please move it.

I just returned after a 14-month absence and was very happy to see that an Easy Mode rotation has now been included in the guides for those of us who either don't raid at high levels, or who may have other reasons to play with a different rotation (me, medical).  And I'm grateful for that.

But, when I looked at my spriest this afternoon, I noticed that the single- and multi-target rotations have a shorter rotation than the Easy Mode rotation (9 and 10 items I think), vs 11 items in the Easy Mode rotation.

Is this as short as it can be, or is it possible that it can be shortened somewhat?  With this many items, I'll have to park my spriest till the next time when spells and things are revised again. 

Thank you for any help you can provide.

On 9/10/2017 at 2:26 AM, FreddyJ said:

But, when I looked at my spriest this afternoon, I noticed that the single- and multi-target rotations have a shorter rotation than the Easy Mode rotation (9 and 10 items I think), vs 11 items in the Easy Mode rotation.

Is this as short as it can be, or is it possible that it can be shortened somewhat?  With this many items, I'll have to park my spriest till the next time when spells and things are revised again. 

Keep in mind that the Easy Mode Rotation is only 11 parts and includes a simplified version of the entire other page. That is a total of 30+ points depending on the scenario, which phase of burn/spend you are in, how your stacks currently sit at. The EM one is definitely simplified, it just looks to be the same length because it is as long as a single section of the other rotations. The rotations page is much more in-depth.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:52 AM, Blainie said:

Keep in mind that the Easy Mode Rotation is only 11 parts and includes a simplified version of the entire other page. That is a total of 30+ points depending on the scenario, which phase of burn/spend you are in, how your stacks currently sit at. The EM one is definitely simplified, it just looks to be the same length because it is as long as a single section of the other rotations. The rotations page is much more in-depth.

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately, that's way too much for me to play with.  The only way I could make that work for me is to disregard the burn/spend phases which would be a major impact on my dps.  But that's ok, because I discovered that druids are a joy to play so that's my new spriest lol.

Similar reasons I had to switch my arcmage to frost, too much of this spell depends on this, this other spell depends on something else, and everything has to line up just right to get max dps.  It's similar to coding a program full of If/Then statements: If this happens, then this, if something else happens, then this. By the time I get to the end of the list, I forgot what I'm doing.

Edited by FreddyJ

1 hour ago, FreddyJ said:

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately, that's way too much for me to play with.  The only way I could make that work for me is to disregard the burn/spend phases which would be a major impact on my dps.  But that's ok, because I discovered that druids are a joy to play so that's my new spriest lol.

Yeah, I understand. Some classes just don't work when it comes to simplifying things! Glad you found something else that works for you though.

On 8/6/2017 at 11:16 AM, Blainie said:

There seems to be some discrepancies on the legendary page between the list and the explanations. The list has Anund's Seared Shackles (Wrist) listed as the 7th best single target legendary; however, the explanation says, "This is generally the second best legendary for Shadow Priests, regardless of your combination of talents.” Just wondering where we are with the legendary lists and if we expect that to change with the T21 set release?

On 11/25/2017 at 3:58 AM, Fallsmyer said:

There seems to be some discrepancies on the legendary page between the list and the explanations. The list has Anund's Seared Shackles (Wrist) listed as the 7th best single target legendary; however, the explanation says, "This is generally the second best legendary for Shadow Priests, regardless of your combination of talents.” Just wondering where we are with the legendary lists and if we expect that to change with the T21 set release?

This is likely an error during submitting updates - I'll ask for it to be corrected, please follow the list for now. If there's any T21 updates needed, they'll be submitted shortly :)

Guest Márathal

Heart of the Void has been nerfed from 300% to 75%, which isn't included in the list. I wonder how it holds up against the other legendaries now, since I don't have all of the legendaries myself. I can't help but feel, however, that it is now a mediocre choice.