FORUMS
Damien

Elemental Shaman 7.3

I've run some sims of my char since I unlocked the Swelling Maelstrom trait, and i noticed that the icefury build is below the ascendance and LR. Is it just my character, or the increased damage per cast of Earth Shock does actually pull over burning maelstrom on 4 Frost Shocks?

On 4/9/2017 at 4:54 AM, DLanceTF said:

I've run some sims of my char since I unlocked the Swelling Maelstrom trait, and i noticed that the icefury build is below the ascendance and LR. Is it just my character, or the increased damage per cast of Earth Shock does actually pull over burning maelstrom on 4 Frost Shocks?

Can you show me the results of the comparison sim? It's worth looking at before giving advice! :)

Guest Oneiro

I understand that you suggest a maelstorm dump before Ascendance but i realize that it's not included in the "4.2 Ascendance Opener".  IS there a reason for that? Should i stop dumping the remaining maelstorm after i re-apply Flame Shock in my pre-Ascendance rotation?

On 5/30/2017 at 4:35 PM, Guest Oneiro said:

I understand that you suggest a maelstorm dump before Ascendance but i realize that it's not included in the "4.2 Ascendance Opener".  IS there a reason for that? Should i stop dumping the remaining maelstorm after i re-apply Flame Shock in my pre-Ascendance rotation?

Essentially, there is no point in dumping since you won't be capped. It's better to overcap for a full ES after Ascendance with the buff. You can use it when you cap if you have Swelling Maelstrom, one of the new traits in 7.2.

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2.5 - all questions about "What is better for 7.2.5, X or Y?" will be answered in our guide updates. Thanks for your patience while we get everything completed and good luck in the new patch!

On the Introduction page there is this in 7.2.5 section:

• Earthquake Icon Earthquake no longer gains additional ticks from Haste.
  • Earth Shock Icon Earth Shock damage increased by 25%, but damage increased by 55%.

I think bold part should go to previous point.

9 hours ago, AlexKunin said:

• Earthquake Icon Earthquake no longer gains additional ticks from Haste.
  • Earth Shock Icon Earth Shock damage increased by 25%, but damage increased by 55%.

I think bold part should go to previous point.

Ah good catch, I've fixed it. 

17 hours ago, AlexKunin said:

Thanks for reporting it to us!

Guest AgitatedOne

Assuming a shaman gets the 4 piece tier, how much will that change stat priority/talents? I know the main reason why mastery is powerful now is because of Elemental Blast and double proc chance, but the 4 piece looks like it may make the buffed elemental talent more appealing of a choice, not to mention how much better crit will be with the 2 piece bonus. If a shaman gets the new legendary gloves along with tier, I can imagine our elemental lasting for a majority of the fight (since each lava burst would also reduce the CD of our elemental along with flameshock ticks).

Any thoughts on how much that synergy would change things, or would keeping a mastery setup with Elemental Blast still be better even with tier+new legendary gloves?

Guest Keldenrun

Hello. On the  builds and talents page you have 4 variants: 2.1. Ascendance Build, 2.2. Lightning Rod Build, 2.3. Icefury Build, 2.5. Lightning Rod Build. But on the stat priority page you have only 3 variants:

1.1. Icefury Build, 1.2. Ascendance Build, 1.3. Lightning Rod.  

2.2. Lightning Rod Build and 2.5. Lightning Rod Build - i think it is some mistake/repeating because in 2.2 we use Echo of the Elements and in 2.5 - Liquid Magma Totem. I think it is too different talents for one talent spec. 

What accordance of  builds and stat priority concerning Lightning Rod Build? Thank you.

On 6/22/2017 at 5:26 AM, Guest AgitatedOne said:

Any thoughts on how much that synergy would change things, or would keeping a mastery setup with Elemental Blast still be better even with tier+new legendary gloves?

The gloves could possibly change the stats somewhat, but Mastery is still very strong. The legendary gloves make Haste somewhat more desirable, but the actual value would only be found by simming, honestly. The tier won't change anything stat-wise.

On 6/24/2017 at 11:18 AM, Guest Keldenrun said:

What accordance of  builds and stat priority concerning Lightning Rod Build? Thank you.

I believe the 2.5 build is only if you have the legendary ring that passively gives you Echo of the Elements.

Soul of the Farseer, I feel is a lot more powerful than people suspect, especially with T20 4pc, being able to have both Echo of the elements and storm elemental is a huge buff imo, since Storm Ele's dmg was increased by 25%, and he passively gives you maelstrom with each attack giving you more ES's in the process, With the T20 4pc, this effects Storm Elemental as well and with 12 overall crits per application of Flameshock, so around 24 all together with, this will shave off about 72 seconds off of his CD, so he will have about a one moment cool down all together and that's only while he is up!, That is not taking into account any crits while he is not up, it is kind of nuts when you think about it.

On 7/5/2017 at 9:46 PM, Aerisot said:

Soul of the Farseer, I feel is a lot more powerful than people suspect, especially with T20 4pc, being able to have both Echo of the elements and storm elemental is a huge buff imo, since Storm Ele's dmg was increased by 25%, and he passively gives you maelstrom with each attack giving you more ES's in the process, With the T20 4pc, this effects Storm Elemental as well and with 12 overall crits per application of Flameshock, so around 24 all together with, this will shave off about 72 seconds off of his CD, so he will have about a one moment cool down all together and that's only while he is up!, That is not taking into account any crits while he is not up, it is kind of nuts when you think about it.

Personally I haven't seen this legendary putting out impressive results in practice or in simulations. From a completely theoretical perspective what you're saying makes sense, however, the reality is that the tuning of Storm Elemental is such that unlocking it while still accessing Echo does not result in as potent a damage increase as one might expect. Everything I have seen points to Soul being an average legendary at best. 

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not. 

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

Guest DaMa
  1. Unstable Arcanocrystal IconUnstable Arcanocrystal*
  2. Whispers in the Dark IconWhispers in the Dark
  3. Tarnished Sentinel Medallion IconTarnished Sentinel Medallion
  4. Padawsen's Unlucky Charm IconPadawsen's Unlucky Charm
  5. Stat Stick (Mastery)
  6. Dreadstone of Endless Shadows IconDreadstone of Endless Shadows
  7. Charm of the Rising Tide IconCharm of the Rising Tide
  8. Stat Stick (Critical Strike)
  9. Tome of Unraveling Sanity IconTome of Unraveling Sanity
  10. Terror From Below IconTerror From Below
  11. Stat Stick (Versatility)
  12. Stat Stick (Haste)
  13. Erratic Metronome IconErratic Metronome

stat sitck mastery on 5
stat stick haste on 12

is this correct
cause the main stat is haste or?

On 9/19/2017 at 11:09 PM, Guest DaMa said:

is this correct

Stat sticks are incredibly difficult to quantify in sims because they are a huge spike in a single stat, which will heavily alter the stat weights of the simmed character. If you're trying to weight stat sticks against other trinkets, a sim of your character is almost always best.

General weight sims on stat sticks are very difficult to list/properly weight.

On 9/19/2017 at 6:09 PM, Guest DaMa said:
  1. Unstable Arcanocrystal IconUnstable Arcanocrystal*
  2. Whispers in the Dark IconWhispers in the Dark
  3. Tarnished Sentinel Medallion IconTarnished Sentinel Medallion
  4. Padawsen's Unlucky Charm IconPadawsen's Unlucky Charm
  5. Stat Stick (Mastery)
  6. Dreadstone of Endless Shadows IconDreadstone of Endless Shadows
  7. Charm of the Rising Tide IconCharm of the Rising Tide
  8. Stat Stick (Critical Strike)
  9. Tome of Unraveling Sanity IconTome of Unraveling Sanity
  10. Terror From Below IconTerror From Below
  11. Stat Stick (Versatility)
  12. Stat Stick (Haste)
  13. Erratic Metronome IconErratic Metronome

stat sitck mastery on 5
stat stick haste on 12

is this correct

On 9/20/2017 at 7:23 PM, Blainie said:

Stat sticks are incredibly difficult to quantify in sims because they are a huge spike in a single stat, which will heavily alter the stat weights of the simmed character. If you're trying to weight stat sticks against other trinkets, a sim of your character is almost always best.

General weight sims on stat sticks are very difficult to list/properly weight.

As Blainie mentioned these sims will vary from player to player. When we evaluate trinkets I generally use an "idealized" stat build/distribution. As you might be aware stacking a large amount of one stat generally causes the value of your lower priority stats to rise due to the mismatch in value and the synergy with which they scale together. Simming your own character is likely the best way to determine the true value of a stat stick, but if you follow the stat priority the trinket priority should would out almost the exact same way. It is a little confusing but the information itself is not erroneous. 

ele trinekts.png

ele legend.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rndmz said:

There is no BiS chart anymore

It will be added again in the future, along with a more detailed Trinket Discussion section.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Furty said:

It will be added again in the future, along with a more detailed Trinket Discussion section.

Oh k, ty... I'll follow another BiS Guide then, then i'll wait to have yours and compare. Ty in advice!

On 12/4/2017 at 6:37 PM, Windraist said:

Might want to change the top trinket. We can't equip Druid specific trinkets, nor do we desire a healer one. At least, I hope we don't!

It's a confusion of the item ID - I'll get it updated :)

Guest AgitatedOne

With the recent update, there is a possible issue in terms of BiS for legendaries. The guide says that the gloves are BiS, which makes sense, but it says that the Earthshock boots are the second best in single target while the lava burst belt are best for ascendance build. While I personally prefer the boots due to the synergy with maelstrom dumping/not worrying about stacks on the dot, I am confused what the ranking are if you happen to have all three in a single target fight since the wording seems confusing to me.