FORUMS
Damien

Enhancement Shaman 7.3

Guest Tonytoe
17 hours ago, Guest Oxroc said:

I'm sorry but i've lost my faith in this guide. If these talents are the best to go for then why is it that every single top ranking on warcraft logs are taking different?

As it seems to me, it is as follows:

The "new" specc, regardless if played with Hot Hand or Windsong, will pull ahead on Bossfights of minimum of 2 minutes. At least that is what I have found. It is obviously way harder to execute that the old specc, especially the old Specc without Hailstorm.

You will probably SIM higher with the new specc and ultimately do more damage on a single target when fighting against raid bosses (ST).

But obviously the specc has quite a bit more spells and (it feels like) does not allow as many mistakes.

For dungeons though, trash and Dungeonbosses, I would state that the "new specc" is not as effective as the "old".

With the "old" specc you need to: BF, apply Flametongue, Crash Lightning, spamm Stormstrike (on Trash)

With the new specc you need to: RB, Flametongue, start FoA, LB, SS and if you get a proccs you need to LL and SS, keep FoA up, repeat.

This pretts much sums it up.

To everyone disappointed: Best way to fix it is to go raid NH and get the 4 pc set bonus, to start getting the old rotation back.

But!: People writing this guide are techically right about what they say. It is usually to poor execution if you do not get the SIMnumbers I assume.

Guest Guest

how important is t19 set bonus? I have acquired the normal shoulders and chest. I do not know if these are worth replacing my 885 shoulder and 890 chest from mythics + dungeons. Any insight?

57 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

how important is t19 set bonus? I have acquired the normal shoulders and chest. I do not know if these are worth replacing my 885 shoulder and 890 chest from mythics + dungeons. Any insight?

Pretty important especially if you prefer Tempest/CL builds. Further on that below, but for now I'm sure you'd get a better answer by either simming or testing on a dummy.

20 hours ago, Guest Oxroc said:

I'm sorry but i've lost my faith in this guide. If these talents are the best to go for then why is it that every single top ranking on warcraft logs are taking different?

The problem here is that the guide was prepped and published based on PTR content and what data was available, then hotfixes were applied and a brand new raid with 10 bosses was released. Lots of things are/were in flux including available time for wordup to update the guide. Try to be understanding & patient :)

I've mentioned it before and you probably know this since you're perusing the logs - while you're waiting for the guide to be updated you can follow trends on warcraftlogs or try things out yourself. Our talents are in the most competitive space they've been in during this expansion so far and personally I feel that's a very good thing. It means you can pick what you like to use and not feel bad about it.

Guest Gramps

Just a little heads up for all those who still have Akainu's:
since i struggled (no setbonus atm, and my windsong-timing sucked) a lot lately with the new build and I received Akainu's bracers I thought... why not give them a try. After a little testing with various items (i tested purely singletarget on the dummy) I figured out using bracers with the twisting nether ring and the build 2312222 worked best for me. Even though I didn't take Hailstorm, I use Frostbrand, waste a GCD every once in a while and get nice results. I get the full ring-buff this way, i get those nifty 6% haste, i get really high LL crits (up to 1.5mill) and the overall number pulled me back up the charts where I used to be.

I know this might be pretty niche, but I wanted to share this anyway. It plays nice for the moment, and I'm beginning to like hothand. If you need further info about my kit, feel free to ask.

Guest Rampatam

I don't have the bonusses from the tier set yet, but in my sims I still get the highest damage from the talents that are recommended for use with the tier set (though Windsong, Overcharge and Fury of Air come pretty close). I'm still wondering if I shouldn't take windsong + overcharge + foa, since it isn't as RNG with the Stormbringer procs.

My question is if this is updated with Hailstorm changes?  I've got the legendaries that make Hailstorm better (bracers and ring) and I'm unsure if Hailstorm should be added back because of that.  Some people on the forums here have simmed it and said Hailstorm is better than AS again, especially with the legendaries.  I don't have my set bonus yet, so I can't go back to BF and CS, and I can see I perform nowhere near as good as those with my ilvl who have their set bonuses, so I'm trying to get as much as I can.

On 1/20/2017 at 6:46 PM, Guest Tonytoe said:

Am I missing something?

Just cleaning up in case you still need an answer, sim damage will always be higher (unless you play perfect and get lucky RNG). Most of the time, it will be much lower, factoring in human error, unlucky procs, etc.

SA is now much worse, also.

On 1/21/2017 at 8:55 AM, Guest Moerlus said:

Because so many here asking questions about updates.

Wordup postet this FAQ (google docs) on his Twitter Page:

It covers many of your questions and is including the Hotfix changes.

Thanks for posting that, I'm sure it helped plenty of people to get back into things and get the answers they needed direct from Wordup! :)

On 1/21/2017 at 1:23 PM, Eir said:

Also other legendaries i have are : Emalon's Core and Prydaz which i found damn useful in Nighthold with almost every fight being at least 3 targets :D.

Unfortunately, the guide says it best concerning Akainu's:

Akainu's Absolute Justice Icon Akainu's Absolute Justice increases Lava Lash Icon Lava Lash damage by 30% when Flametongue Icon Flametongue and Frostbrand Icon Frostbrand are both active. Again due to the Hailstorm Icon Hailstorm nerf, very undesirable as meeting the requirements to activate the increase is too large to make a substantial gain on.

You could probably just use the bracers for the Mastery and high item level.

On 1/21/2017 at 6:18 PM, Guest meristu said:

Could someone give me some talk about boulde vs wind ? I have crit/haste/mas/ver 30/30/40/5, hidden satyr, passive trinkets and 2pc set bonus, thats 873ILvL, just rough info how I look. I have around +-300K dps with windsong and +-350K dps with boulderfist.

I'd recommend checking out the talent suggestions where they specify when to use Boulder/Wind.

On 1/22/2017 at 4:02 AM, Guest Severnaiah said:

Hi! I've noticed that on several of the classes you have a Mythic+ build that is different than the raid build. Unfortunately, the Enhancement Shaman page doesn't have it. Would it be possible to request that a Mythic+ build/rotation be added? I've seen a huge decline in DPS since the patch, and I'm not sure if it's rotation, build, or something else. Thanks!

Definitely something we can try to include in the future, but it can be difficult since M+ can vary hugely. Sometimes you need ST burst, huge AoE, kiting ability, whatever it may be - generally the best thing to do would be to assess what you are up against, which dungeon, what affixes and then choose talents from our recommendations based on that. 

On 1/22/2017 at 6:00 PM, Guest Random Nobody Person said:

so i'm no theory crafter but wouldn't the hotfix to Hailstorm allow us to benefit from twisting nether fully again? almost exclusively to the ring though i would assume? 

Directly from Wordup:

No, it is not worth the GCD and Maelstrom investment generally, and it will negatively impact your RNG in an already RNG heavy spec, whilst the alternative in Ancestral Swiftness has very few ways of actually being played poorly. If, however, you are using Eye of the Twisting Nether and Akainu’s Absolute Justice at the same time in tandem with Hot Hand, it will be a minor gain over alternative talents (without the 4pc). Other legendary choices will outperform this combination though, do not read it as a go-to selection.

Hope this helps.

On 1/22/2017 at 6:59 PM, Guest Bob said:

So i don't know on what you based this build?

What did you base your build on? Please feel free to show us the testing that you have done to find the build that outperforms what we have, as well as what situation. Is it single target? Burst? AoE?

There is not enough information here.

On 1/22/2017 at 7:45 PM, Guest Oxroc said:

I'm sorry to hear that and I'm sorry I've only just caught your comment. This is because different situations require different talents. Please check our multi-situation recommendations.

On 1/23/2017 at 1:38 PM, Guest Tonytoe said:

But!: People writing this guide are techically right about what they say. It is usually to poor execution if you do not get the SIMnumbers I assume.

Pretty much, yes. Thanks for helping to reply :)

On 1/23/2017 at 3:45 PM, Guest Guest said:

Very. The 4-set is a huge DPS increase. From Wordup:

2pc-4pc optimal builds will gain 7-8%~ as they will switch to a more Stormstrike oriented build

Hope this helps and sorry for the late reply :)

On 1/23/2017 at 5:08 PM, Lupein said:

The problem here is that the guide was prepped and published based on PTR content and what data was available, then hotfixes were applied and a brand new raid with 10 bosses was released. Lots of things are/were in flux including available time for wordup to update the guide. Try to be understanding & patient :)

Yep, it has been updated since and should be as up-to-date as expected right now (I hope!)

On 1/27/2017 at 9:14 PM, Guest Gramps said:

I know this might be pretty niche, but I wanted to share this anyway. It plays nice for the moment, and I'm beginning to like hothand. If you need further info about my kit, feel free to ask.

Definitely nice for people to read and possibly test things that might work for them, for sure :) Thanks for sharing!

On 2/2/2017 at 10:44 AM, Guest Rampatam said:

I don't have the bonusses from the tier set yet, but in my sims I still get the highest damage from the talents that are recommended for use with the tier set (though Windsong, Overcharge and Fury of Air come pretty close). I'm still wondering if I shouldn't take windsong + overcharge + foa, since it isn't as RNG with the Stormbringer procs.

Just checking, you have the most up-to-date version of Simcraft? This is often the biggest cause of sim discrepancies, before I even go into anything else! 

If you do, it's honestly possible that this might just be the best for you. From Wordup's FAQs:

Simulate your own character to check for alternative builds in case as can be found in this talent stack sim provided by Hekili: link here.

Might be worth checking out :)

20 hours ago, DonLionheart said:

My question is if this is updated with Hailstorm changes?  I've got the legendaries that make Hailstorm better (bracers and ring) and I'm unsure if Hailstorm should be added back because of that.  Some people on the forums here have simmed it and said Hailstorm is better than AS again, especially with the legendaries.  I don't have my set bonus yet, so I can't go back to BF and CS, and I can see I perform nowhere near as good as those with my ilvl who have their set bonuses, so I'm trying to get as much as I can.

This is the short answer from Wordup's 7.1.5 FAQs:

No, it is not worth the GCD and Maelstrom investment generally, and it will negatively impact your RNG in an already RNG heavy spec, whilst the alternative in Ancestral Swiftness has very few ways of actually being played poorly. If, however, you are using Eye of the Twisting Nether and Akainu’s Absolute Justice at the same time in tandem with Hot Hand, it will be a minor gain over alternative talents (without the 4pc). Other legendary choices will outperform this combination though, do not read it as a go-to selection.

Hope this helps/shines a light on it.

Hey,

I've got a question regarding the BiS-Trinkets, why didnt u sim "Ethereal Urn", has ist the same value as "WQ mastery"?

Thanks this far.

Guest RedSPINE

I have an important question, since lightning bolt scales on spell power, do we need to build intelligence to increase its damage ? How does it really work ?

Guest Valkas

Hi guys,

after recently looking through warcraftlogs i've come to notice that the "Sundering" talent seems to perform really well on single target
fights for many shamans (If you look at the top 10% on Trilliax Heroic its the #1 DPS talent somehow). Im quiet baffled by it to be honest because ive always considered it a trash talent for PvE and it's also described as a pretty bad talent in this guide aswell...is it really better than Crashing Storm right now, am I missing something here?  Anyone has any more insights? Didnt really come to test it in a raid environment yet.

Guest Turmis

If I choose Windsong, is it worth to macro it to Doom Winds (Artifact ability). And always using both same time, even with 15 seconds "downtime" what Windsong gets, (Windsong is 45sec CD and Doom Winds 60 seconds)? Or should Windsong just be used against cooldown?