FORUMS
Damien

Enhancement Shaman 7.3

On 6/26/2017 at 7:37 PM, Guest t20 said:

How good is 4set T20 for single? 

It's OK for ST, very powerful on AoE/M+.

Guest Ruuny
On 7/2/2017 at 7:14 AM, Blainie said:

How often do you see this? I just hit dummy for about 15 uses of Ascendance, didn't see the bug once. Very odd!

I will try tracking on a dummy as you did.  Last night I saw it happen at least once during a 3 hour raid worth pulls (which i suppose is on par with how often i have been seeing it).  Ultimately, i think if it only happens once per night, probably not worth changing my spec just because of it.

Guest Morgoth

So i got a weird question. ever since the new patch, every time i get more haste my simcraft pawn string gives a higher and higher weight to haste. If I swap to AS from something else on that talent row, the stat weight for haste goes from roughly 32 to 40.

How does that make any sense?

Guest misotoma

I just want to comment.. In the rotation section you have "Windstrike" as part of the rotation but this spell is only active if you take Ascendance as a talent if i'm not mistaken. Therefor it should not appear if I have Ascendance unchecked / Not taken this talent. Maybe you should omit it unless people check it as their talent.

On 04/07/2017 at 1:06 PM, Guest Ruuny said:

I will try tracking on a dummy as you did.  Last night I saw it happen at least once during a 3 hour raid worth pulls (which i suppose is on par with how often i have been seeing it).  Ultimately, i think if it only happens once per night, probably not worth changing my spec just because of it.

Ah, so it's actually fairly rare? Then yeah, just playing through it is probably the best choice. There is some setup required in Blizzard's code for it to go wrong, I'm sure, but replicating it will be impossible :p

On 05/07/2017 at 7:17 PM, Guest Morgoth said:

So i got a weird question. ever since the new patch, every time i get more haste my simcraft pawn string gives a higher and higher weight to haste. If I swap to AS from something else on that talent row, the stat weight for haste goes from roughly 32 to 40.

How does that make any sense?

That is fairly odd - I'll ask WU and see what he suggests.

On 09/07/2017 at 6:10 PM, Guest misotoma said:

I just want to comment.. In the rotation section you have "Windstrike" as part of the rotation but this spell is only active if you take Ascendance as a talent if i'm not mistaken. Therefor it should not appear if I have Ascendance unchecked / Not taken this talent. Maybe you should omit it unless people check it as their talent.

Passing this on to WU.

Guest Morgoth
6 hours ago, Blainie said:

That is fairly odd - I'll ask WU and see what he suggests.

Actually i got a new nightly build for simcraft and that seemed to fix it. The 7.2.5 release may have been buggy or something.

Guest PanOo

Guys, are u finding hybrid build with Akainu and new leggy hands useful? Talents - hot hand, hailstorm, ascendndance.

Simming in this build gives dps around akainu+ring dps, but it has its benefits with ascendance procs.

My stats with it are like 22 crit, 32haste, 57 mastery, 9-11 vers

Just thinking about it. I dont find new leggy hands are so good without hothand and without proper work of leggy ring (3% of dps increasment, because frostbrand is not as useful in this rotation without hailstorm...)

And btw - saying that haste and mastery are equal now - does it mean, that u have to get like 45-48 haste with around same numbers of mastery? 

anyway - using ring+hands build with landslide and AS - doesnt give u opportunity to wear 4(Tos)+2(NH) sets. but using ring+akainu gives u that prerogative..

Guest Zamarra

Could some1 please explain your use of the term "soft breakpoint" regarding Haste? I currently have 30% haste and I see that more haste reduces spell CD, as the larger my haste count increases, the spell cd shrinks. If you were to stack haste until you were "Blue in the Face" as the saying goes, when does dimenishing (sp?) returns kick in if any?

Zamarra

Guest Morgoth000
On 7/12/2017 at 11:19 PM, Guest Morgoth said:

Actually i got a new nightly build for simcraft and that seemed to fix it. The 7.2.5 release may have been buggy or something.

And it is doing it again. My haste on the pawn string is now 48.56 and my mastery and agi are 35. I grabbed the 7/15 version of simcraft to see if it changes and it doesn't

My in game haste is 32% and my mastery is 63%

My toon is Swindlespark on Area 52 if anyone wants to take a look.

On 13/07/2017 at 4:19 AM, Guest Morgoth said:

Glad to hear you resolved it :)

On 09/07/2017 at 6:10 PM, Guest misotoma said:

Coming back to this - discussed with Wordup and he made the point that there are other situations where you might be able to use Windstrike without Ascendance, such as with the legendary that can proc Asc. 

Guest Stat Weights

Hello,

My shammy is Thopok-stormrage and he is 110 with an ilvl of 922. He has the following secondary stat weights: 16 crit, 40 haste, 80 mastery, 4ish% vers. I have been simming my shammy in multiple ways through simc, and it is telling me that more haste would increase my dps. I have also had other veteran enhancement shamans tell me that haste is good up to 45%, but this guide is telling me that haste has a breaking point at 25%. Is that number in the guide accurate?

Guest Gio

How can i edit my Pawn stat weight with that information from gear list?  Haste=1,04; Agility=1; Mastery=0,99; Versatility=0,96; CriticalStrike=0,93.

On 8/7/2017 at 7:57 PM, Jaeletra1989 said:

Any ideas on Mouseover Macs?

What do you want to add as a mouseover macro?

On 8/22/2017 at 10:41 PM, Guest Stat Weights said:

Hello,

My shammy is Thopok-stormrage and he is 110 with an ilvl of 922. He has the following secondary stat weights: 16 crit, 40 haste, 80 mastery, 4ish% vers. I have been simming my shammy in multiple ways through simc, and it is telling me that more haste would increase my dps. I have also had other veteran enhancement shamans tell me that haste is good up to 45%, but this guide is telling me that haste has a breaking point at 25%. Is that number in the guide accurate?

The guide number is correct from a general standpoint. If your personal weights are telling you otherwise and you are confident in your work with the program, then follow that priority. It'll be closer to what you truly need than general weights.

11 hours ago, Guest Gio said:

How can i edit my Pawn stat weight with that information from gear list?  Haste=1,04; Agility=1; Mastery=0,99; Versatility=0,96; CriticalStrike=0,93.

Use https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/stats and it can give you an accurate stat weight in pawn format.

Guest Thopok
9 hours ago, Blainie said:

The guide number is correct from a general standpoint. If your personal weights are telling you otherwise and you are confident in your work with the program, then follow that priority. It'll be closer to what you truly need than general weights.

Gotcha, thanks for the help.

Guest Hogganda
On 24/08/2017 at 2:16 AM, Blainie said:

Use https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/stats and it can give you an accurate stat weight in pawn format.

I dont get it. Raidbots says that i'd have versa > haste > crit > agi > mastery.

Now my character has 44% haste and 72% mastery. Is it too much mastery?

My logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/gallywix/hogganda (i've changed the server to azralon-horde, the logs are only in the old gallywix one)

On 8/24/2017 at 4:06 PM, Guest Thopok said:

Gotcha, thanks for the help.

Glad to be of help :)

41 minutes ago, Guest Hogganda said:

I dont get it. Raidbots says that i'd have versa > haste > crit > agi > mastery.

Now my character has 44% haste and 72% mastery. Is it too much mastery?

My logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/gallywix/hogganda (i've changed the server to azralon-horde, the logs are only in the old gallywix one)

It's likely that you have very little Vers/Crit at the moment and that, point for point, they will give more DPS than simply adding to your Crit value. Try to put on a piece of Vers/Crit gear and then resim. I bet it will change.

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not. 

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!