Enhancement Shaman 7.3

Guest fn1

How does this work out?

Strengths:

Great damage on priority adds that need to be bursted down

Weakness:

Average burst

Guest Brysk

Need  help with trinkets, in the pre patch guide the mentioned trinkets are not mythic ones, and I assume that is why Soul Capacitor is at the bottom of the list and why the top ones give critical and versatility (our worst stats). Reading the description of the class trinket it seems quite weak even in mythic ilvl but how about the others? Specially Capacitor, is it really better both crafterf trinkets than any of the mythic raid ones?

On 7/24/2016 at 8:24 AM, Guest fn1 said:

How does this work out?

Strengths:

Weakness:

Average burst

I think what they mean is, because we are able to basically directly switch targets without loss of dps due to ramp up time, we are able to burst down targets quickly. And for "average burst" if you look at other classes burst damage, i.e. mages, hunters, etc., their burst is significantly higher than ours. You see them in the 300k-400k range whereas we are more around 150k-200k.

I've been wondering, is the tier 18 4-piece bonus a priority over better stats? Is the 10% nature damage bonus that important for the dps? I've been wondering the same about the elemental 4.piece bonus

On 7/23/2016 at 7:33 PM, Guest Unt1tled said:

How much mastery do I have to obtain to continue gathering haste, or what difference between haste and mastery in % do I have to master?

thanks

It says in the stat priority section, but usually you want to keep your Haste at 60-65% of your Mastery rating.

On 7/24/2016 at 9:24 AM, Guest fn1 said:

How does this work out?

Strengths:

Weakness:

Average burst

Basically what Shuttlle said; good target swap damage on short lived adds but their sustained burst (for example Bloodlust or opener damage) is pretty average when compared with the top dogs.

7 hours ago, Guest Brysk said:

Need  help with trinkets, in the pre patch guide the mentioned trinkets are not mythic ones, and I assume that is why Soul Capacitor is at the bottom of the list and why the top ones give critical and versatility (our worst stats). Reading the description of the class trinket it seems quite weak even in mythic ilvl but how about the others? Specially Capacitor, is it really better both crafterf trinkets than any of the mythic raid ones?

The trinkets in the pre-patch section are all correct and up to date, even when compared with the Mythic versions of the HFC trinkets.

1 hour ago, DLanceTF said:

I've been wondering, is the tier 18 4-piece bonus a priority over better stats? Is the 10% nature damage bonus that important for the dps? I've been wondering the same about the elemental 4.piece bonus

Yeah it's worth continuing to use your 4-set.

Guest Drtydeeds

I'm just curious how you reduce the skills to one button, as you say.

2 hours ago, Guest Drtydeeds said:

I'm just curious how you reduce the skills to one button, as you say.

What are you referring to, exactly?

Guest St0mpt

I've persobally found I occasionally have a few seconds of downtime, no more than two seconds every 30 seconds. I've started casting lightning bolt in that downtime. It may not seem like much but little things like that help me push for every bit of damage I can.

10 hours ago, Guest St0mpt said:

I've persobally found I occasionally have a few seconds of downtime, no more than two seconds every 30 seconds. I've started casting lightning bolt in that downtime. It may not seem like much but little things like that help me push for every bit of damage I can.

Yeah, that's caused by Boulderfist (as it only has 2 charges it unlocks the GCD a bit).

Uncommon Patron
On 7/19/2016 at 1:03 PM, Guest Uber said:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747154889#1 - Hotfixes.

I belive it's so hard to maintain a guide where every spell is changed every week. There could be even some changes to talent pick and priority stuff.

Also, I read in this guide, this spec is very simple. Does it really that simple? Or concept is simple but execution with certain setup isn't. I'm curious.

Thanks for the guide Furty and Wordup.

I think all the new spec talents and spells are only the tip of the iceberg. I think a lot of our awesome power will come from the artifact weapons. So simple for now till Legion comes out, lol Now I torn between maining my druid kitty or the enhancement shammy :-(

5 hours ago, Brunhill said:

I think all the new spec talents and spells are only the tip of the iceberg. I think a lot of our awesome power will come from the artifact weapons. So simple for now till Legion comes out, lol Now I torn between maining my druid kitty or the enhancement shammy :-(

Enhancement definitely has a lot more flexibility, which can be nice when you're slamming through dungeons in your off time and whatnot. Personal preference though, I enjoy both of those specs pretty equally in Legion.

On 7/27/2016 at 10:14 AM, Guest St0mpt said:

Sorry, I missed this comment. With regards to Lightning Bolt, as is stated in the guide:

" You should avoid the use of Lightning Bolt Icon Lightning Bolt otherwise, as it resets the melee swing timer, causing a loss in damage if you are in melee range. "

Basically it's a big DPS loss to do that as you'll miss out on Stormbringer & Windfury procs in that downtime.

Guest Chozen

Is it expected to have less maelstrom starvation in Legion high end raiding environment due to artifact traits for example?

I mean at the moment I don't like that I have seconds of downtime here and there when wolves are on cd. I saw that artifact trait will give +3 malestrom per boulderfist, but to me it just does not seem to make a huge impact on this starvation that I feel sometimes.

Anyone with legion beta raiding experience having a thought on this? How does it feel and where are we in dps rankings approx?

On 7/30/2016 at 5:48 PM, Guest Chozen said:

Is it expected to have less maelstrom starvation in Legion high end raiding environment due to artifact traits for example?

I mean at the moment I don't like that I have seconds of downtime here and there when wolves are on cd. I saw that artifact trait will give +3 malestrom per boulderfist, but to me it just does not seem to make a huge impact on this starvation that I feel sometimes.

Anyone with legion beta raiding experience having a thought on this? How does it feel and where are we in dps rankings approx?

Answered this a little higher in the comments section (tl;dr unlocked gcd is caused by boulderfist). In Legion Doom Winds and traits help a bunch but there's still times when you're just pooling for a few seconds.

I'm sorry if this is seen as off topic... but I had to comment.  I was looking at the changes to enhancement and under strengths and weaknesses  being Melee is listed as a weakness?   WTF?   You didn't do that for any other melee class, not even survival hunters.  I mean the only reason I play a shammy at all is because it's a melee class (I can't stand ranged).   I find it a little insulting that some one said being melee was a weakness.  

Edited by LienFeng

Guest 3clipse

This is obviously speculation, but do you think the priority of Lava Lash and Crash Lightning might change if you have Akainu's Absolute Justice (Lava Lash deals 60% more damage when you have both Flametongue and Frostbrand active, which you always will) and/or the Doom Vortex trait on Doomhammer (Lava Lash has a [5 ppm] change to release a fiery tornado that deals 105% of AP over 3 seconds)? Some back of the napkin math suggests that those would end up making Lava Lash more Maelstrom efficient than Crash Lightning maybe?

Guest Capsheaf

Thanks for the guide Furty!

Im doing some number crunching my self and just having a little difficulty understanding what exactly is meant by keeping Haste at 60-65% of mastery. 

So Im running 

18% Haste, 1,751 rating or 17.51%
42% Mastery, 1,433 rating or 26.05%

And im looking to see if getting the correct 60/65% of mastery for haste will improve my Stormstrike Procs

So, should I be reducing my haste to 859.8/931.45 rating? (which is 60/65% of my mastery rating) as currently my haste rating far outstrips my mastery rating. The other option is to increase my mastery rating until i get that 60/65% difference (but getting that gear is proving a little difficult! so Im more able to reduce my haste to see if I see an improvement).

I average around 23k on the training dummy and pooling is an entirely new concept to me (I just used to mash buttons!) so im curious to see how far I can tweak the spec (which is very fun as far as im concerned). Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

15 hours ago, Guest Capsheaf said:

Thanks for the guide Furty!

Im doing some number crunching my self and just having a little difficulty understanding what exactly is meant by keeping Haste at 60-65% of mastery. 

So Im running 

18% Haste, 1,751 rating or 17.51%
42% Mastery, 1,433 rating or 26.05%

And im looking to see if getting the correct 60/65% of mastery for haste will improve my Stormstrike Procs

So, should I be reducing my haste to 859.8/931.45 rating? (which is 60/65% of my mastery rating) as currently my haste rating far outstrips my mastery rating. The other option is to increase my mastery rating until i get that 60/65% difference (but getting that gear is proving a little difficult! so Im more able to reduce my haste to see if I see an improvement).

I average around 23k on the training dummy and pooling is an entirely new concept to me (I just used to mash buttons!) so im curious to see how far I can tweak the spec (which is very fun as far as im concerned). Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

Keeping Haste at 60-65%~ of your Mastery is aimed purely at Rating. Per example, for every 1000 Mastery rating, you ideally want to be looking at 6-700 Haste (after you hit the 17%~ to sustain your base Stormbringers and weapon procs). The percentages scale at different rates, so you have to be looking purely at ratings with them.

Ideally, the 60-65% point for those stats only kick in when you're clear of 17%, i.e., if at 1700 rating you're at 17% Haste, you would then want to increase your Mastery to around 2400, but keep that base Haste level (since dipping under 17% will impact your ratings significantly).

I know this is a bit of a complex explanation of them but the way the two stats interact is very symbiotic so it can get a bit confusing :p

On 8/4/2016 at 0:48 PM, Guest 3clipse said:

This is obviously speculation, but do you think the priority of Lava Lash and Crash Lightning might change if you have Akainu's Absolute Justice (Lava Lash deals 60% more damage when you have both Flametongue and Frostbrand active, which you always will) and/or the Doom Vortex trait on Doomhammer (Lava Lash has a [5 ppm] change to release a fiery tornado that deals 105% of AP over 3 seconds)? Some back of the napkin math suggests that those would end up making Lava Lash more Maelstrom efficient than Crash Lightning maybe?

I'll include notes on all the legendaries in the Legion version of the guide because they all have some individual impact on the spec.

Guest Capsheaf
16 hours ago, wordup said:

Keeping Haste at 60-65%~ of your Mastery is aimed purely at Rating. Per example, for every 1000 Mastery rating, you ideally want to be looking at 6-700 Haste (after you hit the 17%~ to sustain your base Stormbringers and weapon procs). The percentages scale at different rates, so you have to be looking purely at ratings with them.

Ideally, the 60-65% point for those stats only kick in when you're clear of 17%, i.e., if at 1700 rating you're at 17% Haste, you would then want to increase your Mastery to around 2400, but keep that base Haste level (since dipping under 17% will impact your ratings significantly).

I know this is a bit of a complex explanation of them but the way the two stats interact is very symbiotic so it can get a bit confusing :p

Thanks Wordup, that makes perfect sense to me! Just need to tweak my gear to increase my mastery and see what happens!

Guest Theotherone

How is Overcharge looking now that it costs 45 MW ? Is it a viable alternative to Tempest  and does it still interact poorly with Boulder Fist ? 

Guest Zig

As an expansion start we're going to have low secondary stats values so i was wondering what you guys thought about the value of Attack Speed in general as our "main" source of getting more Stormbringer procs. We get 30%ias everytime Stormbringer procs (up to 60% if wr get the relics that increase this perk, which is what i'm gonna be aiming at as far as i'm concerned) and 35%ias from Windsong which is on the same cooldown as Doom Winds - the artifact skill. Cuz to me that looks yummy as hell, but maybe it's too pvp-ish and bursty than actual dps compared to boulderfist. I've seen too many people praise boulderfist to not let myself have doubts about it especially because of those famous downtimes we have in the cycle atm because of it.

On 8/12/2016 at 5:02 AM, Guest Theotherone said:

How is Overcharge looking now that it costs 45 MW ? Is it a viable alternative to Tempest  and does it still interact poorly with Boulder Fist ? 

Still down.

Hi

Can you shed some light on how you arrived at the conclusion of the opener? It diverts from the priority list and there doesn't seem to be an obvious reason why.

Thanks

Could someone elaborate on why we should take Empowered Stormlash over Tempest for raiding?

I understand that Empowered Stormlash is useful to others, but how is it useful to me or my raiding performance? As far as I can tell, I receive no buff from Stormlash, much less the Empowered version.

I feel as if my raid damage / burst-potential would be much higher if I raided with Tempest, especially when I get my artifact and gain much more mastery/haste in Legion. Right now sure, its a bit rough using Tempest because I don't gain that much Maelstrom from Rockbiter/Boulderfist, but as I gain more maelstrom from Windfury autos due to artifact, using all 3x Stormstrikes should be easy.

So is it purely altruism or an assumption on the part of the raid leader to only take Enhance shaman who are altruistic?