FORUMS
Damien

Enhancement Shaman 7.3

Guest Steelflame
On 8/29/2017 at 4:59 AM, Blainie said:

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

I may be crazy but some of these names don't match any of the talents showing in the netherlight crucible. Specifically I'm not seeing torment the weak anywhere. Can we check to see what should be there instead? Also the value for light speed is showing as 500/500 rather than 500/650. Were these values taken from live, are they a tooltip error or are they leftover from ptr?

3 hours ago, Guest Steelflame said:

I may be crazy but some of these names don't match any of the talents showing in the netherlight crucible. Specifically I'm not seeing torment the weak anywhere. Can we check to see what should be there instead? Also the value for light speed is showing as 500/500 rather than 500/650. Were these values taken from live, are they a tooltip error or are they leftover from ptr?

You aren't guaranteed to get the right options in the crucible. It might be that you need to find another relic and hope it rolls one of the better traits. Also, yes, it's a tooltip error on the site. The evaluations are done with the live figures.

Guest Raid BiS adjustment

for raid BiS i think you need to swap out your "Seal of the second duumvirate" for a high ilvl "jeweled signet of melandrus"  same stats except its better because it also gives you +10% autoattack damage as well which is huge for enhancement due to how fast we attack and it counts on our windfury attacks as they are considered autos.

On 10/4/2017 at 3:44 AM, Guest Raid BiS adjustment said:

for raid BiS i think you need to swap out your "Seal of the second duumvirate" for a high ilvl "jeweled signet of melandrus"  same stats except its better because it also gives you +10% autoattack damage as well which is huge for enhancement due to how fast we attack and it counts on our windfury attacks as they are considered autos.

The BiS list is specifically only from raids. If we include dungeon gear too, people will be farming for years before they get all the dungeon loot to titanforge that high.

Guest Enh shaman

You guys need to update the page, we stopped using "attack power" a long time ago. There's no way in hell, haste=mastery. Mastery, haste , versa/crit or crit/versa. we're in 7.3.2 not 7.3.

3 hours ago, Guest Enh shaman said:

You guys need to update the page, we stopped using "attack power" a long time ago. There's no way in hell, haste=mastery. Mastery, haste , versa/crit or crit/versa. we're in 7.3.2 not 7.3.

Attack Power and Agility are 1:1, but yes it shouldn't be referenced, where is it?

And Haste and Mastery are extremely close for a number of reasons: yes, Haste is ideal for Single Target, but Mastery flies up as soon as a second target exists (practically the entirity of Tomb) and in any AoE circumstance (which counts a lot of content). Reducing the value of Mastery based on a formulaic Single Target heirarchy is pointless when AoE is such an integral part of content currently (and and how profound of an impact it has on our Single Target too when that second target is available).

Edit: also additional note, you'll generally find that when you go super heavy into Haste, Mastery will climb back up because the two stats have a symbiotic relationship. You won't see this as clearly however if you've never had a massive deficit in Mastery - which isn't too common. You need an ideal balance between them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dejo93 said:

I think you could add Aggramar's trinket as a replacement for the Demonic inquisition's 

Sim list below BiS list shows it being about 50k worse than Cradle.

Guest Hydran

Can someone give me an updated pawn string stat weight for Enhance shammy ?

On 12/2/2017 at 8:33 PM, Guest Hydran said:

It's pretty difficult to give a pawn string exactly for your character, but - I'd recommend checking out this: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/stats

It will generate stat weights for you that you can input. If you want it to be completely accurate, use the SimCraft addon to export your character data, since it includes Netherlight choices too then.

On 2/12/2017 at 5:33 PM, Guest Hydran said:

Giving a Pawn string would prove really hard, since your stat weights will depend greatly on your choice over legendaries. Smoldering Heart pushes haste over mastery a lot for example. I'd recommend to sim yourself with your current gear.

6 hours ago, Guest Gramps said:

Some days ago this happened: 
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759498054#post-1

Now i wonder, if those throne-trinkets are still as "bad", as they seem to be in comparison. I would love an updated trinket list, some advice on how to sim those trinkets myself would be cool too, im still new to simcraft and can barely create my personal stats

Take a look at this spreadsheet from Wordup for the trinkets "post-nerf":

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VM0pVedv9ImG3svXejxJukNbW9OBoATOttAsEPtwLjc/edit#gid=1900907992

Guest Hogganda - Azralon

I was wondering if T21 with Aikanus + EoTN is a good choice in single target fights since the T21 damage increased from fire, nature and frost combined with plus 1.5% from EoTN + frostbrand. I am using Smoldering heart (without T21 yet) and i'm a little unhappy with the ascendency uptime from it.

Guest Gramps
15 minutes ago, Guest Hogganda - Azralon said:

I was wondering if T21 with Aikanus + EoTN is a good choice in single target fights since the T21 damage increased from fire, nature and frost combined with plus 1.5% from EoTN + frostbrand. I am using Smoldering heart (without T21 yet) and i'm a little unhappy with the ascendency uptime from it.

I was too. Try the class ring (when using smoldering heart) for Tempest+Empowered Stormlash in t5 and then of Air. Uptime really went up for me at least playing like this. You won't have that really cool Overcharge anymore, but FoA + expense-maelstrom seem to do the job even better. I am very happy now.

On 12/11/2017 at 12:48 PM, Guest Hogganda - Azralon said:

I just can't see how Smoldering can be replaced - it's just too strong, despite the unlucky periods. The absolute top parse on Garothi currently is nearly 500K behind the top Smoldering parse, as well as ranking behind 106 other Smoldering users. 

What do your sims say for it in ST? I imagine it puts it at a loss.

Guest Katchi
hello, someone knows how good is the trinket stormsinger fulmination charge (945) when it is activated I have up to 10 thousand of mastery, thank you.

18 hours ago, Guest Katchi said:

hello, someone knows how good is the trinket stormsinger fulmination charge (945) when it is activated I have up to 10 thousand of mastery, thank you.

Only way to know exactly is to sim it. Use a gear compare sim on RaidBots and compared your two sets of gear, with the two different trinkets:

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/gear

Good afternoon! Recently received a

Shadow-Singed Fang (960 myth)

But, the same way, I have this

Eye Of Command (myth 15 titan)

In the Best Items List, the character Eye better than Fang

Tell me, is this true & what item better?

thx

Edited by Orthios
removed weird color formatting that made it hard to read.

On 25.3.2018 at 10:11 AM, virus13a said:

In the Best Items List, the character Eye better than Fang

Depends on the item level of the Eye and your current gear. Use Raidbots to sim it. It's the only way to know for sure.

This guide will be updated for the release of the pre-patch of Battle for Azeroth in the next few days. We are aiming to have every guide deployed prior to the patch going live.

Please note that a new feedback thread will be created for the new guide, meaning that this one will be archived. Any feedback you have for the new guide should be placed in the new comment thread.

Thank you all for your patience and we are working to get the new guides up as soon as possible.