FORUMS
Damien

Restoration Shaman 7.3

Guest A Random Person

Regardless of anything else in this argument, they are right about the Healing Stream Totem charges. Even with an extra charge the cooldown remains the same at 30 seconds, and importantly, only one charge restores at a time (unlike for example dk runes), so for a prolonged fight where you for whatever reason use it whenever you can you get 45 seconds of totem time, before you end up in the same 15 secs off 15 sec on that you would have without the extra charge. In a fight 45 seconds or under it is indeed 100% uptime, but the longer a fight goes the closer it approaches 50% uptime.  For example a 5 minute fight would have (150+15)/300 *100 = 55% uptime. While having an extra charge does allow flexibility in not worrying about wasting potential uses by delaying it somewhat, and as said gives shorter fights more percentage uptime, in a longer boss fight the extra charge has less use.

Guest Sham
16 hours ago, Nali said:

I don't care about your moderators, who don't seem to care about your patrons.  She took the time out of her day to be patronizing towards me and I don't have to deal with it any more than any other person.  You aren't special just because you run or moderate a website that I no longer recommend to people.  Fan boys can stand up for you if they want to but the fact is, the growing consensus is that your guides are garbage.  At some point, if you don't do something about that, your website will be completely obsolete instead of just mostly obsolete and then what are you going to do and what will you have to brag about?

Now I'm done with your forums and your posse of sheep rushing to defend your outdated guide as if you were personally insulted.  You've already proven to me, and anyone else with a brain, that you only care about your own ideas, excuse me...your imaginary math, and have no tolerance for anything else.

Smoking is good trust me, I dont care what you said, i dont care what a moderator or other human being says, even what WHO has to say about it, I HAVE TRIED so it has to be true, because im saying it and no, i won't play your shitty games of cancer logs or anything like that, smoking is good, im done with this forum.

23 hours ago, Nali said:

Now I'm done with your forums and your posse of sheep rushing to defend your outdated guide as if you were personally insulted.  You've already proven to me, and anyone else with a brain, that you only care about your own ideas, excuse me...your imaginary math, and have no tolerance for anything else.

I'd rather not sit here and work my way through this jumbled post of petty insults, so instead, I'll leave it as this:

As above, I'm trying to be polite. You are attacking the moderator and the site for no reason. You refuse to post logs of yourself using these abilities, so how are we to know that it simply isn't human error? You might have gone from parsing at the 10th percentile to the 20th percentile, yet this technically is still a better performance, right?

You are saying you top all healing meters and this and that; OK, well done. I'm glad that it's performing so well for you, but nothing will change in the guide depending on you simply telling us X. When you SHOW us X, then we can take a look and change it accordingly. 

I look forward to seeing your logs backing up what you are saying. Until then, I see no point in continuing this discussion. This is not out of rudeness nor a lack of caring, this is simply that I see no point exchanging insults with you over this and completely sidetracking this discussion thread.

Have a good day and, when you feel that you are ready to show us how well your build performs, please feel free to let me know. Until then, any further posts on this will either be hidden or removed. 

Guest Falstad

Hello guys I would like to discuss Horn of Cenarius I have 875 ilvl version. Is it any good for us resto shamans.

Thanks for your answers and opinions.

On 10/12/2016 at 8:21 PM, Guest Falstad said:

Hello guys I would like to discuss Horn of Cenarius I have 875 ilvl version. Is it any good for us resto shamans.

I'm honestly not sure, I'm sorry. Going to tag @Pandacho, hopefully she can help out and give some insight!

On 10/12/2016 at 10:21 PM, Guest Falstad said:

I'm not good in trinkets comparison so I went to check Mythic EN logs and actually was hardly able to find anyone with the Horn. Its 'on use' ability is very underwhelming: 100K healing is even not funny. I checked Mythic Nythendra, Ursoc and Xavius - on none of these fights it did even 1% of total healing while for example Vial of Nightmare Fog does steady 4%.

So it looks like the Horn is not a very good choice for the resto shamans. You can keep it for the Mastery part but better use something else.

Guest Sotmrshadow

Hey guys thanks for the guide but i have a question regarding restoration trinkets, i just got a 880 ilvl Nether Anti-Toxin from my weekly m+ box and i'm wondering if it's an upgrade. 

trinkets.png

trinkets.png

2 hours ago, Guest Sotmrshadow said:

Hey guys thanks for the guide but i have a question regarding restoration trinkets, i just got a 880 ilvl Nether Anti-Toxin from my weekly m+ box and i'm wondering if it's an upgrade. 

Well, honestly, I'm not sure it's any upgrade for a resto shaman. Versatility is not a preferable secondary for us in any way and this trinket does not have Int or any other stat. You can be generous for other raiders randomly buffing them with Haste but it's not a buff for you as a healer. Looking at logs at the HoT healing part, it's pretty much underwhelming. I hardly found 2-4 users to check in Nythendra/Elethere/Ursoc Mythic logs and the healing done by HoT was somewhere around 1.5%. 

I wouldn't suggest you to use this trinket.

On 10/16/2016 at 2:15 AM, Pandacho said:

I'm not good in trinkets comparison so I went to check Mythic EN logs and actually was hardly able to find anyone with the Horn. Its 'on use' ability is very underwhelming: 100K healing is even not funny. I checked Mythic Nythendra, Ursoc and Xavius - on none of these fights it did even 1% of total healing while for example Vial of Nightmare Fog does steady 4%.

So it looks like the Horn is not a very good choice for the resto shamans. You can keep it for the Mastery part but better use something else.

So it aoe heals on impact. It needs to be used that way. It can absolutely be worth it on certain fights. 100k to all targets within a certain range. It has a 5 target cap so 5 targets every 1 min should be like 5 uses on a 6 min fight maybe. Potentially 2.5mil heals, not shabby for a trinket with a bunch of mastery. I don't have a vial to test it against, but i usually prefer things I can control and for that same reason I like the mastery over the crit on vial. Also the wisp is slow as molasses making it precastable before large aoe mechanics.

Though the point on logs is important, if people aren't seeing the theory in reality then use something different, but I'd say try very hard to use it correctly first and then see if it doesn't measure up.

Edited by asrodel

21 minutes ago, asrodel said:

So it aoe heals on impact. It needs to be used that way. It can absolutely be worth it on certain fights. 100k to all targets within a certain range. It has a 5 target cap so 5 targets every 1 min should be like 5 uses on a 6 min fight maybe. Potentially 2.5mil heals, not shabby for a trinket with a bunch of mastery. I don't have a vial to test it against, but i usually prefer things I can control and for that same reason I like the mastery over the crit on vial. Also the wisp is slow as molasses making it precastable before large aoe mechanics.

Though the point on logs is important, if people aren't seeing the theory in reality then use something different, but I'd say try very hard to use it correctly first and then see if it doesn't measure up.

Well, this is the reason I check Mythic Ursoc logs among the others. It's a full time stack fight with an insane damage on raid which gives us an opportunity to have at least 5 people that constantly need healing near the healer with the minimal distance to travel for the wisp.

Checking Healing done by Vial vs Horn from just 4 first resto shamans in logs:

Vial: 3M (2%) / 2.6M (1.89%)

Horn: 1.56M (1.18%) / 1.21M (0.81%)

And here's even better - a resto shaman that had both trinkets on Ursoc M. His Vial did 3.45M (2.38%) of healing while Horn did 2.08M (1.44%).

And this is the actual difference between theory and practice: many times we have to adapt our healing to the reality of fight with raiders running away from your shield, dead healers, people stupidly standing in shit to pad dps meters, forcing you to spam CH and so on. 

Having another button to think about (Horn trinket) adds even more pressure. Would it be better or just on pair with other trinkets than well, we'd have to soak it. But it's not according to the logs.

So it's definitely up to you whether to use the Horn. If you feel that it suits your playstyle and allows you to heal better - use it :)

Guest Rudy199

What is this ''vial'' trinket and where do i get it?

9 hours ago, Guest Sotmrshadow said:

Thanks for the reply Pandacho. Managed to get my hands on a 860 ilvl  Chrono Shard and on a 840 ilvl An'she's Infusion of Light with mastery, which one of those is better to pair up with Heightened Senses?

Even though she says she's not the best with trinkets, I'm sure she knows more than me! Going to tag her for you so she gets a notification of your post :) @Pandacho

11 hours ago, Guest Sotmrshadow said:

Thanks for the reply Pandacho. Managed to get my hands on a 860 ilvl  Chrono Shard and on a 840 ilvl An'she's Infusion of Light with mastery, which one of those is better to pair up with Heightened Senses?

I actually still use a 850 ilvl Chrono Shard and think that it's absolutely awesome. I even use it above a 880 ilvl Cocoon of Enforced Solitude.

The thing is that you have Heightenend Senses that already boosts your Haste so honestly, adding the Shard to it would be a waste. I personally would rather go for the Shard+Infusion to have a nice amount of Intellect+Mastery from Infusion and 30% uptime of 7400 Haste + 15% Speed from the Shard. But you can go for Senses+Infusion, it's fine too and more mana conservative.

What I don't really like in Senses that its uptime is random - I saw the logs between 19% and 39% which is a double difference, while having the Shard you can pretty much focus on other than Haste secondaries (7420 is a huge amount).

DL;DR: use Shard+Infusion (if you like a lot of Haste and mobility and don't have a lot of Haste on gear) or Senses+Infusion but not Shard+Senses.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but you have a typo in your changelog. " In Patch 7.1, Torrent provides a 30% bonus to Riptide’s initial heal (was 30% before)." I believe it should say "was 40%."

On 10/28/2016 at 6:14 AM, Plainsrunner said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but you have a typo in your changelog. " In Patch 7.1, Torrent provides a 30% bonus to Riptide’s initial heal (was 30% before)." I believe it should say "was 40%."

Thanks for the heads up, will leave a note about it! :)

Guest Valgen

Just a small thing; Unleash Life, one of the tier one talents, increases your next direct heal by 45% now (instead of 30%). I think it works on the initial heal from Riptide, as well. Maybe it's a better choice than Torrent?

Guest Tenbatsu

i disagree with a few "bis" items though, especially because the stat prio is Mastery -> intellect -> crit -> haste -> versa.

so getting Haste Mastery items, is not bis. you can even drop 100 mastery, to get 1k crit instead of 1k haste, because the difference is quite significant, when it comes to mana control.

2 hours ago, Guest Tenbatsu said:

i disagree with a few "bis" items though, especially because the stat prio is Mastery -> intellect -> crit -> haste -> versa.

so getting Haste Mastery items, is not bis. you can even drop 100 mastery, to get 1k crit instead of 1k haste, because the difference is quite significant, when it comes to mana control.

Can you please point at the source of your stat prio statement and some math supporting it if you don't mind?

On 11/5/2016 at 6:55 AM, Guest Valgen said:

Just a small thing; Unleash Life, one of the tier one talents, increases your next direct heal by 45% now (instead of 30%). I think it works on the initial heal from Riptide, as well. Maybe it's a better choice than Torrent?

Will pass that on, thanks! Not sure if it affects the choice, but Furty can decide on that.

19 hours ago, Guest Tenbatsu said:

This does, of course, depend on how you weight stats. I'm not saying this is the case, but let's say the weights are:

Mastery (15), Intellect (4), Crit (2), Haste (1), Vers (0.5)

In this case, it is worth it. Obviously I am exaggerating to make the point here, but what weights would you put on the stats to say that it is wrong? It's worth posting to show us why 1k Crit is worth more than 100 Mastery and 1k Haste. 

Guest Thunder

Some1 of you use any haste breakpoint ?Because i search everywhere and i dont see any Haste breakpoints for Rshamy...?

16 hours ago, Guest Thunder said:

Some1 of you use any haste breakpoint ?Because i search everywhere and i dont see any Haste breakpoints for Rshamy...?

There's no Haste or any other breakpoints for Resto in Legion.