FORUMS
Damien

Affliction Warlock 7.3

So 

8 hours ago, hyyalvin said:

Thanks for the great and quick update for 715.

I have a question about the affliction rotation, since the best Tier2 talent now is contagion instead of absolute corruption.

The guide says: "Apply Unstable Affliction twice."

Does this mean whenever UA expires, it should be applied twice (one for the debuff, one for damage)? If it is applied earlier when the last one still exists, it could be applied only once (trying to maintain at least one UA 100% uptime)? Then, is it necessary to apply a new UA always before the last one expires?

Thanks!

So the reason you want to apply unstable affliction twice is that when you apply them one after another the first unstable affliction doesn't tick for long enough that you can get a second one in. The guide is assuming you are taking maleific grasp which boosts the dot damage from all dots but especially the unstable afflictions. Thus you can hit reap souls right after the second unstable affliction cast not trigger the gcd and then hit drain soul which gives a massive buff to all the dots currently on the target. The way i see it is it is OK for ua to drop if you need to refresh dots because the important thing is to always be buffing the unstable afflictions when they are out and you have reap souls buff up, the damage from contagion, Reap, and grasp really add to a lot of extra damage. If fatal echoes procs at the end of the cycle I ignore it and just redo the rotation with 3 unstable afflictions.

So the short of it contagion up-time is not a priority buffing those unstable afflictions with all 3 buffs is a priority, don't over cap on shards. Other than that letting ua drop outside of those situation is ok.

Sorry if anything is formatted wrong or hard to read I usually just lurk.

12 hours ago, hyyalvin said:

Thanks for the great and quick update for 715.

I have a question about the affliction rotation, since the best Tier2 talent now is contagion instead of absolute corruption.

The guide says: "Apply Unstable Affliction twice."

Does this mean whenever UA expires, it should be applied twice (one for the debuff, one for damage)? If it is applied earlier when the last one still exists, it could be applied only once (trying to maintain at least one UA 100% uptime)? Then, is it necessary to apply a new UA always before the last one expires?

Thanks!

Exactly as it says in the guide;

1. refresh/apply/maintain dots

2. cast UA 2x & reap

3. channel drain soul

When both the UAs expire, you go back to step 1 and repeat. If you don't have 2 Soul Shards, you can use a single UA. If you are shard capping, you can use 3 UAs. Anything in between, 2x UA.

Guest Infin

Great post for someone switching to affliction in the near future.

I notice that with the updates of 7.1.5. the guide has been beautifully updated, but in the rotation section still uses drain soul, with no mention of MG (which i believe is a recommendation in the talents / builds section). Would MG be used in the same manner as drain soul is used with no exceptions (except shard sniping) or is there more to it than that?

14 minutes ago, Guest Infin said:

Great post for someone switching to affliction in the near future.

I notice that with the updates of 7.1.5. the guide has been beautifully updated, but in the rotation section still uses drain soul, with no mention of MG (which i believe is a recommendation in the talents / builds section). Would MG be used in the same manner as drain soul is used with no exceptions (except shard sniping) or is there more to it than that?

Malefic Grasp is Drain Soul - it just adds a passive buff to the ability, it doesn't change the spell :) 

Guest Throlley

since the felhunter has been buffed by 20% would going Grimoire of Service be a viable/better option for the tier 6? haven't tested it out in raids yet but the felhunter seems to do be doing around the same dps as the doomguard, with Service giving 2 additional cooldowns to use(one being doomguard).

7 minutes ago, Guest Throlley said:

since the felhunter has been buffed by 20% would going Grimoire of Service be a viable/better option for the tier 6? haven't tested it out in raids yet but the felhunter seems to do be doing around the same dps as the doomguard, with Service giving 2 additional cooldowns to use(one being doomguard).

PTR hasn't shown this to be the case, but it's possible. Main disadvantage is the extra shard expenditure of service vs. supremacy.

On 1/10/2017 at 8:40 PM, Pannix said:

Sorry if anything is formatted wrong or hard to read I usually just lurk.

It's okay, thanks for helping to answer the comment :)

53 minutes ago, Eukray said:

On the what changes in 7.1.5 it says:

• Sow the Seeds Icon Sow the Seeds now only affects 2 nearby enemies instead of 4.

But it isn't replicated on the talent section. It still says 4 targets.

Thanks, will get that fixed! :)

In the Legendary section it still says:

Hood of Eternal Disdain Icon Hood of Eternal Disdain causes Agony Icon Agony to deal its full potential damage 20% faster. Overall the best legendary for Affliction by a noticeable margin on both single target and cleave.

It has gone down to 10% now. Will this change wether it's the BiS or not?

15 hours ago, Meowish said:

It has gone down to 10% now. Will this change wether it's the BiS or not?

Will double check this with Furty.

• Like 1

Guest Maxion

On some of the affliction guide pages there are mentions of using Havoc, but affliction doesn't have that, right?

1 hour ago, Guest Maxion said:

On some of the affliction guide pages there are mentions of using Havoc, but affliction doesn't have that, right?

Oops; I only see it in the pot mentions, but I've fixed it :) sorry about that, just copypasta'd the pot descriptions as the usage is identical. Woopsy.

Guest Zogwort

I see the stat priorities, but I cant seem the stat weights, so that I can run sims..What are the actual stat weights for 7.1.5?

Guest Keldor

Would Grimoire of Servitude be best pick for single-target if you're currently using Sin'dorei Spite? I hate the thought of having to resummon my Doomguard and wasting a soulshard on boss pull to get the damage buff using Grimoire of Supremacy. Especially since I believe the additional Felhound would benefit from the damage bonus as well.

On 1/23/2017 at 8:05 AM, Sibelius said:

Is there a haste cap?

Not that I am aware of, given that Haste doesn't really work the same way it used to. There is no longer breakpoints where you gain an extra tick of a DoT.

On 1/24/2017 at 3:13 PM, Gloomz said:

So, anyone knows what is the mastery cap for Afflic? I have 103%, any advices?

I'm not aware of a specific cap. Simming your character will tell you if you should focus on other stats. It will likely depend on all stats on your gear.

On 1/26/2017 at 7:06 PM, Guest Zogwort said:

I see the stat priorities, but I cant seem the stat weights, so that I can run sims..What are the actual stat weights for 7.1.5?

I'm not sure what weights will do for you sims? You use simulations to get stat weights, not the other way round.

Will request for general weights to be added for Affli.

15 hours ago, Guest Keldor said:

Would Grimoire of Servitude be best pick for single-target if you're currently using Sin'dorei Spite? I hate the thought of having to resummon my Doomguard and wasting a soulshard on boss pull to get the damage buff using Grimoire of Supremacy. Especially since I believe the additional Felhound would benefit from the damage bonus as well.

From what I can see, there are plenty of high-parsing warlocks that just keep using Supremacy with the bracers. Have you tried using the talents yet or did you get the bracers recently?

Guest Keldor
3 hours ago, Blainie said:

From what I can see, there are plenty of high-parsing warlocks that just keep using Supremacy with the bracers. Have you tried using the talents yet or did you get the bracers recently?

I was playing Demo and after 7.1.5 nerfs to their single target (and only good grimoire talent imo) I decided to switch to Affliction. I've only really run Affliction for PvP. So I'm not confident in using my numbers for comparison and honestly haven't gotten into running sims. So I was asking as a means of quickly acquiring general feedback. I've had the bracers for some time since I was running Demo.

On 1/29/2017 at 9:02 PM, Guest Keldor said:

I was playing Demo and after 7.1.5 nerfs to their single target (and only good grimoire talent imo) I decided to switch to Affliction. I've only really run Affliction for PvP. So I'm not confident in using my numbers for comparison and honestly haven't gotten into running sims. So I was asking as a means of quickly acquiring general feedback. I've had the bracers for some time since I was running Demo.

Did some quick sim tests. Supremacy > Service > Sacrifice with bracers.

Guest z a fa a z

" The additional mobility from this talent can be invaluable, however, making it the best choice when approaching raid encounters. "

word "however" doesn't fit here,,, should be changed

13 hours ago, Guest z a fa a z said:

" The additional mobility from this talent can be invaluable, however, making it the best choice when approaching raid encounters. "

Most likely left over from an old description - I'll get it updated, thanks :)

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      More hotfixes arrive!
      April 16 (Source)
      Items
      Grotto Netherwing Drake’s Black Scales should be properly awarded to players who have completed the Now THIS is Dragon Racing!  
      Season of Discovery
      There are now Emerald Warden guard NPCs present near Nightmare Incursion questgivers and quartermasters. The Atal’ai Mojo consumables are now Unique (2), allowing two to be carried and used. There is now a 2.60 speed version of the off-hand weapon Serpent’s Striker, available from Zalgo the Explorer on Yojamba Isle in exchange for the 1.50 speed version of the item. The drop rate of Nightmare Seeds in Sunken Temple has been increased by roughly 50%. Sigil of Living Dreams no longer requires a Nightmare Seed. Players should no longer occasionally gain no bonus blood when near Kha’damu and affected by Feast of Blood. Players will now gain the Honorless Target effect whenever they enter or leave a Nightmare Incursion portal. Rainbow Generator should now appear for troll, tauren, night elf, and all other races. Grizzwerks Defense Industries has achieved record growth thanks to the efforts of adventurers across Azeroth, and Grizzby is now pleased to offer runes to heroes without requiring quests from them. Druid Starsurge no longer consumes Clearcasting procs from Omen of Clarity. Skull Bash rune moved to the Hands slot (was the Leg slot). Lacerate rune moved to the Leg slot (was Hands). Lacerate threat increased substantially. Hunter Chimera Shot no longer refreshes Serpent Sting at 1 less damage per tick. Mage Impact can now be triggered by the damage from Molten Armor. Deep Freeze will no longer deal damage to players who are temporarily Immune to stuns. Deep Freeze can no longer be overwritten by an Impact stun, unless the new stun would be longer than the remaining duration on Deep Freeze. Developers’ notes: Previously if you Deep Froze a target, and they were then hit with an Impact stun, you could accidentally overwrite a 5-second stun with a 2-second stun. Now you can’t overwrite it unless Deep Freeze is under 2 seconds. Paladin Light’s Grace rune moved to the Bracer slot (was Helm). The mana return of Seal of Martyrdom has been increased significantly. Eye for an Eye now works on damage-over-time crits. Priest Eye of the Void can no longer engage in melee combat. Eye of the Void’s spells now all have a 35 yard range. Surge of Light’s instant cast effect will no longer be consumed if Surge of Light was gained while casting Smite or Flash Heal. Martyrdom now works to prevent pushback on Void Zone casts. Rogue Focused attacks now generates 3 additional energy (was 2). Shaman The Internal Cooldown for Overcharged has been increased to 3 seconds. Warlock Life tap now grants mana return to warlock pets. Unstable Affliction’s damage has been increased by roughly 120%. Warlocks with Metamorphosis active and the Master Demonologist talent will now gain increased threat generation when they summon an Imp or Felguard (was decreased threat generation). Warrior Victory Rush heal increased to 30% of the Warrior’s health (was 10%).
    • By Staff
      We have quite a few changes coming for healers in Season 4 with next week's reset, as Blizzard detail the overall reduction of throughput for some specs, as well as buffs to others. 
      Healer Tuning (Source)
      In Season 4, we’re reducing the overall throughput of some healers to better align with our tuning goals. At the same time, we’re increasing the comparative power of Holy Paladin, Preservation Evoker, and Holy Priest without needing to further escalate the capabilities of healers.
      The following adjustments are now deployed to the 10.2.6 PTR, and will go live with the beginning of Season 4 next week.
      Monk
      Mistweaver All healing done reduced by 13%. Does not apply in PvP combat. Druid
      Restoration All healing done reduced by 5%. Does not apply in PvP combat. Shaman
      Restoration All healing done reduced by 5%. Does not apply in PvP combat. Priest
      Discipline Developers’ notes: As part of our goal for balancing healers in raids, we would like to reduce raid healing output for Discipline Priest without affecting them in other content. Atonement transfers 35% of damage to healing (was 40%). Atonement healing increased by 70% outside of raids (was 50%). Atonement healing increased by 35% in PvP (was 15%). Player vs. Player
      Monk
      Mistweaver Ancient Teachings healing transfer amount reduced to 375% in PvP combat (was 412%).
    • By Staff
      Blizzard have shared the current required Mythic+ rating required to get the Dreaming Hero title at the end of Dragonflight Season 3. The official forum thread below will be updated, so check back to see the latest numbers. 
      Dreaming Hero (Source)
      In this post, we’ll update the score required to earn the Dreaming Hero title for Dragonflight Season 3. As a reminder, the title will go to all players who end Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 3 with a Mythic+ Rating in the top 0.1% in each region.
      If the season ended today, in this region, the title would go to those who scored at least:
      Good luck!
    • By Staff
      Now's the perfect time to unlock your missing Plunderstorm rewards with doubled Renown gains until April 30th!
      (Source)
      Hoist the sails and batten the hatches; a Plundersurge begins this week with weekly maintenance!
      The Plunderstorm event is ending on April 30, but until then, pirating players can double the amount of Renown earned from all sources of Plunder by taking the Plundersurge. 
      Set Sail for the Plunderstorm
      Plunge into a challenging battle that earns excellent rewards for World of Warcraft® Modern and Classic progression realms. All you have to do is survive…and plunder. Can't seem to stay in the realm of the living? No problem. Plunderers still gain progression that helps unlock new rewards.
      Each match is 10-15 minutes long and has 60 players per match, with the winner being the last one standing. Level up and acquire new abilities and spells by killing creatures and enemies, looting chests, and avoiding the encroaching storm.
      A Pirate's Life for You
      The Arathi Highlands is the backdrop for this pirating adventure, and you'll have plenty of challenges to keep you busy.
      Prepare to Plunder
      Plunderstorm is perfect for pick-up and play! No expansion purchase is required, but a World of Warcraft Subscription or Game Time is needed to participate in a high-stakes, play-by-the-seat-your-pants match. This means that Classic players can also participate in a plethora of plundering fun by simply installing the modern (Live) World of Warcraft client:
      Launch the Battle.net desktop app. Click the World of Warcraft icon at the top. If the icon is missing, click on All Games and select the game from the list. On top of the Install button is a drop-down menu. Confirm that you wish to install World of Warcraft. Click Install. Once you’re in modern WoW:
      Select Plunderstorm2 from the World of Warcraft game menu to get into the action. Create a new, ready-to-play character—player characters are unique to this event. You don't need previous knowledge of races and classes to chart your course for mayhem. Choose between Solo or—to play with your Battle.net friends—make a group from the Plunderstorm character screen and select Duo. If queued for a Duo without a partner, you'll be automatically matched with one. You can also access chat, customize characters, and see the queue from the Character Select Screen. Action Bar and Abilities, Worthy Mates
      Discover lootable spells, abilities, and upgrades as you plunder treasure chests and defeat enemies. Upon picking up, spells and abilities are automatically added to your Action Bar, with two slots dedicated to offensive skills and two for utilities such as leaps, speed boosts, and crowd-control.
      Some abilities are more action-based and require good positioning and player targeting. Have fun discovering and experimenting with different combinations to find what works for you.
      Upgrades to Your Spells and Abilities
      Your spells and abilities can be upgraded by discovering higher-quality versions from treasure chests or finding the same ability elsewhere and stacking it to Rank 3 (epic). There are also plenty of plundering opportunities—various treasure chests with different rarities that harbor all types of abilities are stashed around the map. Always stay on the lookout for better loot and upgrades.
      Spectating Spectre
      Upon death, keep watching the match from the perspective of your teammates (if they're still alive) or other players, including their loadout.
      Rewards A-Plenty for Plundering Pirates
      Players can earn cosmetics, pets, titles, and mounts as they progress through the reward track. These include the majestic Polly Roger parrot mount, Bubbles the crab pet, swashbuckling cosmetics, 750 Trader's Tender from "Keg Leg's Crew" for use on the Trading Post, and more. 3 A victory is not required to claim the spoils of a well-fought fight.
      To view Renown and apply the Plunderstorm weapon and transmog customizations, change titles, or summon pets, swabbies can click on Da'kash Grimledger standing directly in front of the spawn point in the Plunderstorm lobby.
      Customization unlocks are simultaneously unlocked for Dragonflight characters and can be found in your Collection. Each Renown level unlock is noted in colored text under the reward name, whether the reward is for Dragonflight, Plunderstorm, or Classic.
      Perch on the shoulders of this parrot instead of him perching on yours! Proper pirate fashion is a must for plundering! There isn't a better first mate on the high seas than Pirate Pepe! Plunderstorm Content Update Notes
      Learn more details about Plunderstorm in our update notes.
      We look forward to seeing you drop from the skies to engage in pirate-themed mayhem. We'll see you in Azeroth and wherever the adventure takes you!
      1 Requires World of Warcraft® Subscription or Game Time.
      2Plunderstorm is accessed from the World of Warcraft® game menu but exists outside of player progression in World of Warcraft® and Wrath of the Lich King Classic™.
      3Plunderstorm offers rewards for both World of Warcraft® and Wrath of the Lich King Classic™.
    • By Staff
      Check out our first look at MoP Remix coming in Patch 10.2.7!
      When Patch 10.2.7 goes live, you will be greeted by the following screen, informing you about the MoP Remix event and its objectives. There will be a button that lets you create your Timerunner (character).

Similar to Plunderstorm, there will be an icon on the character screen for MoP Remix with the number of days remaining.

Timerunners will be marked with a special icon next to their name on the character selection screen.

When you first enter the game, you'll start with a short intro quest on the Timeless Shore. Your character will be affected with the Pandaria: Remix buff.

The quest intro features a few unique quests before you start replaying MoP from the very beginning. It introduces you to Bronze, the event's currency used to buy items and upgrade gear.  
      Throughout your journey you will come across some very unique gear just like this cloak (Cloak of Infinite Potential) that permanently increases in power (Timerunner's Advantage).

Your char will have access to two important Timerunning abilities.
      Extract Gem - Extract a gem from one of your socketed items. Unraveling Sands - Summon Unraveling Sands that transforms your unwanted items into Bronze. Gems offer a lot of customization in MoP Remix and you want to extract them with Extract Gem, because placing a new gem on top of a socketed one will make you lose it.
      If you come across unneeded gear, you can scrap it for Bronze with Unraveling Sands.