FORUMS
Damien

Affliction Warlock 7.3

13 hours ago, Blainie said:

Honestly, I don't think so. Despite the boost in damage from channeling Drain Soul, it's more important to prioritise actually placing all the DoTs on the enemy prior to having a shorter DS channel, rather than interrupting your DoT casting to try and grant the fewer DoTs the damage boost.

I've noticed that I drop crazy much in DPS on multi target situations using grasp+contagion, even keeping unstable affliction on 2 targets I can't get even close to what I get using Writhe+Corrupted :/

13 minutes ago, Arkpit said:

I've noticed that I drop crazy much in DPS on multi target situations using grasp+contagion, even keeping unstable affliction on 2 targets I can't get even close to what I get using Writhe+Corrupted :/

Now that does sound odd. Can you test it in-game and send me a log of it? Even if it's just a simple 2-dummy test. 

Guest Heatherman

quick random thing to fix, in the 7.2 changes paragraph, tormented souls links to the vengeance demon hunter trait, instead of the correct affliction passive

Guest Warmage

Hi, kinda wondering about your suggested first golden trait. Why do you acquire wrath first than harvester? Doesn't wrath need to kill something to get the damage buff for dots while harvester just procs off corruption tick? Isn't maintaining harvester easier and more efficient to manage than wrath? Or the kill doesn't necessarily mean the killing blow?

Guest Caesman

Would be nice to have a list of BiS from other than the last raid, since You can get good gear from m+

Guest Scad

Can we get clarification on the Affliction Relic/AP Trait page? I see that Shadowy Incantations is listed first for Relic choice, but Perdition is listed before Shadowy Incantations for order of AP traits after 35. Thanks in advance.

Guest papeh
On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:07 AM, Guest Guest Hotlock said:

Its my first time using the Pawn addon. Are the stat weights for Pawn reliable for affliction warlocks?

no, I suggest you use stat weights from Askmrrobot.com they are usually pretty good and you can change the weights in pawn to be the same to those in amr. I have had very good success with it and usually get pretty good ranking on bosses

On 4/3/2017 at 5:07 AM, Guest Heatherman said:

quick random thing to fix, in the 7.2 changes paragraph, tormented souls links to the vengeance demon hunter trait, instead of the correct affliction passive

Thanks for the heads up!

On 4/7/2017 at 10:03 AM, Guest Warmage said:

Hi, kinda wondering about your suggested first golden trait. Why do you acquire wrath first than harvester? Doesn't wrath need to kill something to get the damage buff for dots while harvester just procs off corruption tick? Isn't maintaining harvester easier and more efficient to manage than wrath? Or the kill doesn't necessarily mean the killing blow?

I think it's basically just because of how simple it is in current content to get those tags in order to trigger Wrath. You're looking at a 10-20% damage buff based on killing adds and, given that there a huge number of add fights and of course M+ adds, you can keep Wrath up a huge amount. On some fights it's like a 95%+ uptime.

On 4/9/2017 at 9:25 AM, Guest Caesman said:

Would be nice to have a list of BiS from other than the last raid, since You can get good gear from m+

From the guide:

With the existence of Titanforged and Mythic+ dungeons, there is no such thing as a hard Best in Slot anymore. This is more of a guideline for the best pieces to keep an eye out for in your raid or dungeon (if applicable). Be smart, and if you find higher item level pieces with valuable stat combinations do not hesitate to upgrade to them.

Hope this helps.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:32 PM, Guest Zuji said:

Why? 'Command Demon' has no function without an active demon anymore.

I believe this is just an outdated section - will ask Furty.

3 hours ago, Guest Scad said:

Can we get clarification on the Affliction Relic/AP Trait page? I see that Shadowy Incantations is listed first for Relic choice, but Perdition is listed before Shadowy Incantations for order of AP traits after 35. Thanks in advance.

Asking Furty.

57 minutes ago, Guest papeh said:

no, I suggest you use stat weights from Askmrrobot.com they are usually pretty good and you can change the weights in pawn to be the same to those in amr. I have had very good success with it and usually get pretty good ranking on bosses

Simcraft is also an excellent tool for this! :)

Guest Jwashwa

Is anyone else finding that the 4 set doesn't do that much in terms of shard generation? Or at least does not feel like it is, also Soul Effigy is much better on giving you shards back than Conduit from what I have found. But it is harder to use if you are going for Grasp + Contagion build.

18 hours ago, Guest Jwashwa said:

Is anyone else finding that the 4 set doesn't do that much in terms of shard generation? Or at least does not feel like it is, also Soul Effigy is much better on giving you shards back than Conduit from what I have found. But it is harder to use if you are going for Grasp + Contagion build.

The choice here should be based on what you are facing, not the talents themselves. Effigy is definitely better at returning them (about 5% higher chance on average), but in a single target/effigy environment. When you have multiple adds available and are constantly multi-dotting, such as in M+, you're going to use Conduit any day of the week. It will feel like you are getting more shards back there as well. 

Also remember that Conduit is RNG. 20% chance is an average chance, not a guaranteed return. You could in theory get 80% of your shards back, or you could get 2% of them back. Everything is possible with RNG.

Guest Xatez

I am confused on this guide entirely. I'm running contagion and the rotation says to dump 2-3 UA's and then refresh your dots after UA falls off. Later in the guide it says to keep 100% uptime on UA.

I also seen in the guide that it says to focus all your UA's on one target, then immediately says to keep UA on 2-3 targets in the next paragraph.

I also think there needs to be priority system instead of just a rotation. After a while, my dots start falling off at random times and I don't really know which one to put first. If I'm at full shards do I need to put all my dots back on before using UA? This guide needs some work. 

1 hour ago, Guest Xatez said:

This guide needs some work. 

Let me pass this on to Furty and then I'll try to get back to you ASAP with an answer - sorry for the issues and thanks for letting me know!

Guest Xatez
2 hours ago, Blainie said:

Let me pass this on to Furty and then I'll try to get back to you ASAP with an answer - sorry for the issues and thanks for letting me know!

Thanks for being quick to answer! Hope to see it soon! I've been struggling because I just recently picked up Warlock.

35 minutes ago, Guest Xatez said:

Thanks for being quick to answer! Hope to see it soon! I've been struggling because I just recently picked up Warlock.

No problem :) I'm always happy to help.

I would personally like to see a list of decent trinkets that can be farmed from mythic + dungeons, for example is the Dreadstone trinket from CoEN placed anywhere in the ranking list among the raid trinkets.

Also, I find that even though erratic metronome does seem to be decent, a stat stick trinket works a lot better for sustained dps that can be relied on.

Guest Xatez

Does the rotation change with Contagion? I see in some spots of the guide that when Contagion is involved, you need to keep 100% uptime on Unstable Affliction. Does that mean when UA is about to expire I need to refresh it just like I would my other dots or do I need to do the drain rotation and apply several UA's and drain soul until it expires?

Guest Xatez

Another question, after the drain phase is over, do I need to refresh my dots regardless of the duration or should I continue to drain soul until the dots are about to expire? Agony sometimes last a while longer so I am not sure if I need to refresh the dot immediately.

On 4/24/2017 at 11:52 PM, Kashnere said:

I would personally like to see a list of decent trinkets that can be farmed from mythic + dungeons, for example is the Dreadstone trinket from CoEN placed anywhere in the ranking list among the raid trinkets.

Also, I find that even though erratic metronome does seem to be decent, a stat stick trinket works a lot better for sustained dps that can be relied on.

The BiS list is entirely focused on Nighthold - it's why Metronome is listed. There are better trinkets, but it's the best one to use with Whispers from Nighthold. 

I can ask for a trinket list, but I can't guarantee anything. Due to war/titanforging, it can take a huge amount of effort to have a sim list comparing every item level. Will see what the writer says!

On 4/26/2017 at 4:27 PM, Guest Xatez said:

Does the rotation change with Contagion? I see in some spots of the guide that when Contagion is involved, you need to keep 100% uptime on Unstable Affliction. Does that mean when UA is about to expire I need to refresh it just like I would my other dots or do I need to do the drain rotation and apply several UA's and drain soul until it expires?

You simply maintain UA 100% of the time. If you can stack, do it. It will depend on number of soul shards and will require slightly more management of them. Make sure you don't catch yourself shardless and letting the contagion buff drop.