Damien

Demonology Warlock 7.2.5

236 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Demonology Warlock guide for Legion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Twinkielock said:

Class trinket is supposed to be that low?  Wouldn't the extra imps be huge?

 

SimC is very buggy right now. I'll remove all the sims tonight and we'll replace them with a shortlist of 3 or 4 trinkets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Twinkielock said:

Class trinket is supposed to be that low?  Wouldn't the extra imps be huge?

 

You'll want to be using Class Trinket in addition to a passive trinket, or a trinket with high uptime. Good examples are Stone of Elements, CSP, and Iron Reaver Piston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't Demonic Empowerment update any demon that comes out while it is active? Seems redundant to cast it after every new summon. Just keep an eye on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Guest Vayshan said:

Doesn't Demonic Empowerment update any demon that comes out while it is active? Seems redundant to cast it after every new summon. Just keep an eye on it.

No, it empowers your currently active demons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Twisty said:

One question, where is HoG in Opening Sequence? thx for guide :)

That was the first thing I noticed. I assume you would use it around #16 or #17. Maybe he meant to add in "Cast HOG" after the 4 DB/SB's but just forgot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Betrayerx said:

That was the first thing I noticed. I assume you would use it around #16 or #17. Maybe he meant to add in "Cast HOG" after the 4 DB/SB's but just forgot.

It would be after the opening sequence, but you can fit one in earlier if you end up with 5 shards (if you're specced power trip for example). Currently using the cheese build described on the talents page I precast a shadowbolt, summon grimoire and doomguard, empower, then generate 2 shards and hand of guldan empower, then repeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question is a bit off topic, demo viable now what about in the grand scheme of things. When legion drops and we hit 110 is it going to be a sought after spec in raids? I mean all the time you're going to have to put into your artifact just to find out youre going to have to change specs. Again off topic and I apologize but who better to ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Guest Demodude said:

Question is a bit off topic, demo viable now what about in the grand scheme of things. When legion drops and we hit 110 is it going to be a sought after spec in raids? I mean all the time you're going to have to put into your artifact just to find out youre going to have to change specs. Again off topic and I apologize but who better to ask.

Doubtful with the current balance, however, I fully expect at least one tuning patch before Emerald Nightmare Mythic, so it's basically a coin flip at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not a macro or WeakAuras pro at all.

Is it possible to make a macro where everytime you summon a demon, that Demonic Empowerment is auto cast?

Does anyone have a weak aura that shows when Grimoire: Service (felguard) is off cooldown and can be cast again?  Or, if not a weak aura, what is the best addon to use to show that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Xogo said:

Im not a macro or WeakAuras pro at all.

Is it possible to make a macro where everytime you summon a demon, that Demonic Empowerment is auto cast?

Does anyone have a weak aura that shows when Grimoire: Service (felguard) is off cooldown and can be cast again?  Or, if not a weak aura, what is the best addon to use to show that.

 

Both of these things are easily possible. I wouldn't recommend the former, however, as there are situations where you might not instantly empower your Doomguard (for example if you use Doomguard then Service, and empower both). 

To create a Weak Aura that shows when something is not of cooldown, create a new "Icon" aura in Weak Auras. Go to Triggers, then set the drop down from Aura to Status. Select "Cooldown Progress: Spell in one of the other drop down menus, then fill in "Grimoire: Felguard" in the open text field. At the bottom of the triggers page there should be a drop down menu for when to display the aura; select "On Cooldown". Then duplicate the Aura and instead select "Not On Cooldown" in the same drop down menu. Change whatever Display options you want to make them look pretty :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you take Hand of Doom, then every time you cast Hand of Gul'dan, you end up refreshing Doom...so it never hits. Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a completely new Warlock starting out on patch 3.0.7, I do not understand the Grimoire of Supremacy or why it is recommended (which may be because I do not understand it).

a) Does it offer TWO demons out, my standards and now the doomguard or infernal as well? that seems wrong, as that is neither passive, nor that close to the others (unless they are not doing that good of a DPS, but it's more a status symbol of "look at me I'm walking with two demons").

b) Does it mean I still control only one demon at a time, only that I can now choose between six demons? That would mean that they are so far better than the standard demons, to ignore taking the Grimoire of Service or the Grimoire of Synergy which are both a DPS bump over my standard original four demons.

c) Why is the  Grimoire of Supremacy described as good for leveling, partly at least due to it being passive? It is still "active" in that I have to call a demons. The true passive here is the Grimoire of Synergy which adds damage to me OR my demon as I go about leveling. And again, the Synergy offers a DPS boost that even for leveling is ignored in favour of the Supremacy. As a novice in Warlock, I feel I'm missing something here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Guest Alydar said:

If you take Hand of Doom, then every time you cast Hand of Gul'dan, you end up refreshing Doom...so it never hits. Am I missing something?

DoTs have a fixed tickrate regardless of how many times they are refreshed. For example, with my character's Haste level my Doom ticks after 14.8 seconds. It doesn't matter how many times I refresh it as it will still tick 14.8s after the original Doom is applied. As long as Doom doesn't fall of entirely, it will continue to tick every 14.8s regardless of how often Hand of Gul'dan refreshes the overall duration.

11 hours ago, Guest seePyou said:

As a completely new Warlock starting out on patch 3.0.7, I do not understand the Grimoire of Supremacy or why it is recommended (which may be because I do not understand it).

a) Does it offer TWO demons out, my standards and now the doomguard or infernal as well? that seems wrong, as that is neither passive, nor that close to the others (unless they are not doing that good of a DPS, but it's more a status symbol of "look at me I'm walking with two demons").

b) Does it mean I still control only one demon at a time, only that I can now choose between six demons? That would mean that they are so far better than the standard demons, to ignore taking the Grimoire of Service or the Grimoire of Synergy which are both a DPS bump over my standard original four demons.

c) Why is the  Grimoire of Supremacy described as good for leveling, partly at least due to it being passive? It is still "active" in that I have to call a demons. The true passive here is the Grimoire of Synergy which adds damage to me OR my demon as I go about leveling. And again, the Synergy offers a DPS boost that even for leveling is ignored in favour of the Supremacy. As a novice in Warlock, I feel I'm missing something here...

The guide only recommends Supremacy for leveling and quests. Your Doomguard or Infernal replaces your Felguard as your permanent demon. That's about as passive as it gets in World of Warcraft, so I'm a little confused as to how you perceive that as an active ability. It's the best choice for leveling because generally speaking sustained pack-to-pack damage is the most important thing while leveling, rather than burst damage (which is what Service and Synergy both provide in different forms). The infernal is also a very strong tanking pet which can be helpful while leveling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So regarding stats: Should we stack haste to a certain cap or just as much as possible? I read something about 30%? Sorry that I can't remember the source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Asmaidos said:

So regarding stats: Should we stack haste to a certain cap or just as much as possible? I read something about 30%? Sorry that I can't remember the source.

Currently you stack as much as possible. In Legion it's possible that Haste will eventually hit a point where getting more does have as much immediate benefit as stacking more Mastery (this is with Legendaries as well), but we'll have to wait and see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Furty said:

Currently you stack as much as possible. In Legion it's possible that Haste will eventually hit a point where getting more does have as much immediate benefit as stacking more Mastery (this is with Legendaries as well), but we'll have to wait and see!

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so i found a way to cheese the rotation even more with the 4-piece and the trinket. set hand of doom for talent then go through demonic empowerment > instant shadow bolt > hand of guldan > repeat then mixing in grimoire, doomguard, and life tap as needed. this gets more imps per soul shard and manages to up my dps by about 5-10k on target dummy than just stacking 4 shards and then casting hand. Anyone else found this to be true?

Edited by manofthelaw3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't Shadowflame a big dps boost with enough haste ? The first cast is a demonbolt with 10 demons, and each successive cast add almost adds 10 demons, and damage is increased by haste (if im not mistaken), while the instant shadow/demonbolt doesn't scale with haste that well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2016 at 8:59 PM, manofthelaw3 said:

so i found a way to cheese the rotation even more with the 4-piece and the trinket. set hand of doom for talent then go through demonic empowerment > instant shadow bolt > hand of guldan > repeat then mixing in grimoire, doomguard, and life tap as needed. this gets more imps per soul shard and manages to up my dps by about 5-10k on target dummy than just stacking 4 shards and then casting hand. Anyone else found this to be true?

This is in the guide :)

3 hours ago, Guest Nataku said:

The 4pc has been nerfed to 2%, down from 8%. It hurts.

Yep :( Doesn't change anything rotationally though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Furty said:

Yep :( Doesn't change anything rotationally though.

Are you sure? From my experience in todays raid single target dmg is better with Demonic Caling and Improved Dreadstalkers...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By hjp
      Who are we?
      Volatile are a group of mostly ex-mythic raiders, looking to get back into mythic raiding and for us to be able to do that we need some more people to fill the gaps. Besides raiding our friendly bunch of members enjoy running mythic+ on daily basis, helping out with world quests among other things. Our discord is usually filled with members for daily banter and weekly fun. If you enjoy all that, you most certainly will enjoy your stay in Volatile.
      Who are we looking for?
      We're primarily looking for ranged DPS to fill out the roster. But we are also interested in any dps class with a good healing offspec. Even though your class isn't listed below, don't be afraid of getting in contact with us.
      Tanks - Closed
      Healers - Closed
      Ranged DPS - Open
      Melee DPS - Closed
      Overall we're looking for people with a good knowledge of their class/spec who know how to improve their gameplay. Being fairly thick skinned and being able to accept constructive criticism, as well as the occasional jab from some of our more 'outspoken' members, is a big plus too.
      When do we raid?
      We raid two times a week as standard, we often have an additional raid day if necessary. See raid times below. 
      Thursday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Monday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Tuesday: 8pm - 11pm (Additional day)
      Application process:
      We believe the best way to get to know if someone is right for the guild is just to have a chat, rather than go through a long application process. So we'll have a chat, look at logs and possibly run some M+ to get to know each other. If you're interested in joining our mythic raid team, contact any of the following:
      Contact us:
      GM: 
      Xadel#2609, Xadel (ingame)
      Passive#2900, Malenky (ingame)
      Council: 
      Òops#2597, Drainphase (ingame)
      Ohajay#2606, Draconem (ingame)
      Hjp#21650, Phynn (ingame)
    • By Ithok
      If you are swedish, looking to raid 2-3 days a week, looking for a very social, fun but still competitive mythic guild, then look no further, we are the guild for you. Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
      About us:
      Geek Squad is a swedish guild that has been around for many years. We are currently focusing on mythic raiding and our goal is to always clear the current content before the release of the next tier. The guild is composed mainly of former hardcore raiders who can't play as much as in our younger days but who still want to play, have fun and have a good progression. Since we raid only 2 days a week we expect our raiders to have a high attendance and to be well prepared for current content. 
      Raid schedule:
      Wednesday Optional Hc clear: 19-When we are done
      Thursday: 19–22
      Sunday: 18-22
      We never extend beyond these raiding hours.
      What do we expect from you:
      - Swedish speaker; as the guild solely consists of swedish players we expect you to have a good understanding of the swedish language and be able to communicate on both voicecom and chat.
      - Attendance; as we only raid 2 days a week and keep a tight roster of raiders (not more then few on the bench at time) so being there and available even if not selected for certain boss is very important
      - Maturity; as the average age in Geek Squad is a bit above most guilds we would prefer if you are as well. We are a bunch of guys with families, jobs and real lives outside of the game and we understand all that comes with it. However if you are to commit to raiding with us we want you to be in it for the long haul. We focus on having fun with the game while also maintaining a competitive attitude, we hope you want to be a part of and contribute to that.
      - Social skills; be communicative, enjoy the game, let us know in advance if something is going to interfere with your raiding schedule so that we can plan accordingly. In our own modest opinions we have one of the best guild environments you can be a part of and we want to bring in more people who can positively contribute to that.
      - Know your class inside out and how to perform it to its maximum. Be able to take constructive criticism
      What can we offer you:
      - Stable guild; the guild has been around for a long time and we have no plans to slow down now.
      -We always try to bring the players that will give us the most chance of killing a boss on progression fights, this means you will have the same chance as everyone else of competing for a spot.
      - Experienced and motivated players; most of our raiders have played the game for a long time (vanilla/tbc) and are still highly motivated to get the most of the raiding time that we have together. If you are to join us we expect you to do everything you can to further those goals.
      - Occasional alt raids, not mandatory. Totally optional for people who want a little bit more raiding on side with their alts
      PROGRESS:
      Emerald Nightmare: 7/7
      Trial of Valor: 2/3
      Nighthold: 8/10 (10/10 HC farming on off days)
      RECRUITMENT:
      We are currently looking to extend our roster with 2-3 players and are looking for the following classes:
      Rogue
      Elemental Shaman
      Warlock
      Frost DK
      Balance Druid
      We don't have an application form as we feel that is an old and inefficient way of doing recruitment. Instead we focus on interviews as well as going through a bit of logs. We don't expect you to consistently parse in the 90% but at least showing that you know your class well.
      As for which classes we are looking for we are quite flexible at the moment as we currently have a good class balance already so we are mainly interested in you as a player rather than your class/specc. With that said we do specifically want a resto shaman and a rogue a bit more than anything else.
      If you are interested feel free to contact us.
      How to apply:
      To apply contact Ithok#2898, Krebb#2944, kebban#21852 or whisper an officer ingame.
      Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon!
    • By Jovovich
      World of Warcraft - [Horde][US-Arthas]Unhuman - Francais - 4/9M - www.unhuman.ca
      Unhuman est à la recherche de nouveaux visages qui seraient intéressés à joindre ses rangs!
      Forum: http://forum.unhuman.ca/forum/7-recrutement/
      Raiding:
      - [Raid] Starlight Bros ToS:4/9M NH:10/10M ToV:3/3M EN:7/7M 3soirs+1optional Lundi, Mardi, Mercredi et Jeudi 7hpm à 10h30pm (EST)
      - [Raid] Stasis ToS:3/9M NH:9/10M ToV:3/3H EN:7/7M 2soirs+1optional Mardi, Mercredi et Jeudi 7hpm à 10hpm (EST)
      - [Raid] Unhuman ToS:8/9H NH:6/10M ToV:3/3M EN:7/7M 2soir Mardi et Mercredi 7hpm à 10h30hpm  (EST)
      - [Raid] Casual as Fuck ToS:3/9H, NH:10/10H ToV:3/3N EN:7/7H 1soir Mercredi 7hpm à 10h30hpm  (EST)
       
      PvP:
      - [PvP] Unhuman RBG: 1600 rating, 1soir Jeudi des 8hpm (EST)
      - [PvP] Bientot un 2ieme groupes, nous sommes presentement 22 joueurs
       
      Communauté:
      - Plus de  430 accounts
      Unhuman est plus qu'une guilde de raiding performante, c'est aussi la plus grosse communauté Francophone sur World of Warcraft US. Depuis sa création en 2006, Unhuman cherche à offrir à ses raiders un environnement de jeu qui favorise la progression et ce avec des joueurs d'excellent calibre. Nous sommes constamment à la recherche de nouveaux joueurs que ce soit PVE ou PVP, mais aussi des masters du Pet Battles, des champions de l'Archéologie ou peu importe ce qui vous branche ingame. Vous êtes donc assuré de trouver ce que vous cherchez chez nous peu importe votre style de jeu.
      Pour toutes questions...
      - http://unhuman.ca/
      - Jovovich-Arthas, Guild Master
      - Kaiser-Arthas, Officier
    • By Stan

      We're doing overviews of all Tier 21 sets and their set bonuses and it's time for Death Knights.
      Tier 21 Sets will drop in Antorus, the Burning Throne raid that will not open immediately when Patch 7.3 goes live. Please note that this is a work-in-progress preview and the appearance and set bonuses are subject to change at any given time throughout 7.3 testing.
      Tier 21 Death Knight Set Bonuses
      Item - Death Knight T21 Blood 2P Bonus - Death and Decay Mob Damage Reduction - Enemies standing in your Death and Decay deal 0% less damage to you. Item - Death Knight T21 Blood 4P Bonus - Vampiric Blood Rune Haste - While Vampiric Blood is active, your runes regenerate 0% faster. Item - Death Knight T21 Frost 2P Bonus - Howling Blast/Obliterate Damage - Howling Blast damage increased by 15% and Obliterate damage increased by 15%. Item - Death Knight T21 Frost 4P Bonus - Frost Damage Flashy Proc - When you deal Frost damage, you have a chance to release a barrage of icy spikes at your target dealing [ 3.000 * 0% of weapon damage ] Frost damage. Item - Death Knight T21 Unholy 2P Bonus - Death Coil Ignite - Death Coil causes the target to take an additional 25% of the direct damage dealt over 4 sec. Item - Death Knight T21 Unholy 4P Bonus - Death Coil Double Fire - Death Coil has a 20% chance to deal damage a second time. Normal Tints

      Mythic Tints
      In case you've missed any of our previous Tier 21 previews:
      Tier 21 Druid (Build 24500) Tier 21 Monk (Build 24539) Tier 21 Paladin (Build 24539) Tier 21 Priest (Build 24500) Tier 21 Rogue (Build 24539)
    • By Stan

      A new addition to the PvP mount family is the Vicious War Fox. The mount can be purchased for 1 Vicious Saddle in Orgrimmar or Stormwind.
      Alliance
      Alliance players can purchase Vicious War Fox from Necrolord Sipe in Stormwind City for 1 Vicious Saddle.
      Horde
      Horde players can purchase Vicious War Fox from Deathguard Netharian in Orgrimmar for 1 Vicious Saddle.
      Screenshots

      Mount Video