FORUMS
Damien

Demonology Warlock 7.3

19 hours ago, Tarazet said:

I expect that the set bonuses will make the optimal build quite rigid.

With all the changes they're making with the set bonuses, things could end up changing multiple times over the coming weeks :(

1 hour ago, Guest AleksZ86 said:

Recurrent Ritual IconRecurrent Ritual causes Call Dreadstalkers IconCall Dreadstalkers to refund 2 Soul Shards. This legendary is the best choice in single target situations.

NOT anymore, since 7.2.5 it refund only 1 Soul Shard, still the best choice?

I believe there are more changes to be added to the Legendaries/Gear page. Will check with Furty.

Guest Fallsmyer
6 hours ago, Guest AleksZ86 said:

Recurrent Ritual IconRecurrent Ritual causes Call Dreadstalkers IconCall Dreadstalkers to refund 2 Soul Shards. This legendary is the best choice in single target situations.

NOT anymore, since 7.2.5 it refund only 1 Soul Shard, still the best choice?

I've been wondering the same thing. I don't have all my legendaries and am hoarding Nethershards until next Tuesday. Thanks Blainie for checking on that for us!

10 minutes ago, Guest Fallsmyer said:

I've been wondering the same thing. I don't have all my legendaries and am hoarding Nethershards until next Tuesday. Thanks Blainie for checking on that for us!

It is no longer the best legendary. Gear updates including Tomb of Sargeras Best-in-Slot, Tier 20 tier overview, trinket discussion, and legendary tier list inbound within the next couple days; check the Affliction Gear section for a preview of what to expect. Just finalizing sims and empirical testing.

Guest Fallsmyer
15 hours ago, Furty said:

It is no longer the best legendary. Gear updates including Tomb of Sargeras Best-in-Slot, Tier 20 tier overview, trinket discussion, and legendary tier list inbound within the next couple days; check the Affliction Gear section for a preview of what to expect. Just finalizing sims and empirical testing.

The Affliction Gear section looks great. Can't wait for the Demonology update. Keep up the great work!

• Like 2

On 6/16/2017 at 3:06 AM, Whisla said:

The BiS page is pretty out of date, any ideas when itll be brought up to speed?

That has now been updated! :)

On 6/16/2017 at 10:28 AM, Guest Fallsmyer said:

The Affliction Gear section looks great. Can't wait for the Demonology update. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Guest BaaaaL
On 2017. 07. 05. at 2:23 PM, Guest Damokles said:

what about Left Hand of Darkness  as relic? where is that on the ranking?

Can't tell you an exact number, but it's pretty low. I just simmed my char to make sure: about 7.4% of my damage comes from my Felguard, as opposed to more than 35% from the imp firebolts. Obviously, taking adding 5% to that 7.4 would not make as huge a difference as adding a load to the 35+%. LHoD may be marginally better than usual on fights with loads of adds, since Felstorm is counted as damage done by your pet, but the difference would be statistically negligible.

On 21/07/2017 at 4:55 PM, Guest BaaaaL said:

Can't tell you an exact number, but it's pretty low. I just simmed my char to make sure: about 7.4% of my damage comes from my Felguard, as opposed to more than 35% from the imp firebolts. Obviously, taking adding 5% to that 7.4 would not make as huge a difference as adding a load to the 35+%. LHoD may be marginally better than usual on fights with loads of adds, since Felstorm is counted as damage done by your pet, but the difference would be statistically negligible.

Just confirming this - sorry for not getting back to you about it Damokles. It's a pretty weak relic all-round. Definitely not as desirable as the others listed.

The guide mentions using havoc for additional benefit from mortal coil, even though demonology doesn't have havoc.

Edited by Turtlestaff

If you are using Recurrent Ritual, you don't need 4 Soul Shards to do all of your summons. But I've been struggling to find the right opener since I keep getting to the point of using Thal'kiel's Consumption, and the Dreadstalkers have despawned. This is what I came up with:

- Use Demonic Empowerment at 3 seconds on the cooldown.

- Potion of Prolonged Power and precast Call Dreadstalkers.

- Grimoire: Felguard.

- Summon Doomguard.

- Demonic Empowerment.

- Doom (if not using Hand of Doom talent).

- Shadow Bolt x 5.

- Call Dreadstalkers.

- Hand of Gul'dan.

- Demonic Empowerment.

- Thal'kiel's Consumption.

Edited by Tarazet

On 8/1/2017 at 1:02 PM, Turtlestaff said:

The guide mentions using havoc for additional benefit from mortal coil, even though demonology doesn't have havoc.

Passing on to Furty.

On 8/5/2017 at 5:58 PM, Tarazet said:

If you are using Recurrent Ritual, you don't need 4 Soul Shards to do all of your summons. But I've been struggling to find the right opener since I keep getting to the point of using Thal'kiel's Consumption, and the Dreadstalkers have despawned. This is what I came up with:

I'll show this to Furty and see what he suggests on it.

On 8/5/2017 at 6:58 PM, Tarazet said:

- Use Demonic Empowerment at 3 seconds on the cooldown.

- Potion of Prolonged Power and precast Call Dreadstalkers.

- Grimoire: Felguard.

- Summon Doomguard.

- Demonic Empowerment.

- Doom (if not using Hand of Doom talent).

- Shadow Bolt x 5.

- Call Dreadstalkers.

- Hand of Gul'dan.

- Demonic Empowerment.

- Thal'kiel's Consumption.

With 300hours+ I've found that this rotation works best.

- DE 3 sec on CD

- Pot

- SB x 2

- Dreadstalkers -> HoG

- SB x 2 

- Dommguard -> Grim: Felguard 

- DE - TKC

rinse and repeat. Never refresh HoG unless doom has expired or has 1 sec left.

I studied Badthings' top log on Mythic Goroth. This is #5 on WL with over 1.5M single target DPS as Demonology!

He uses a different talent build than I do, Shadowy Inspiration / Power Trip which seems to be all the rage for ST fights. Legendaries were Recurrent Ritual and Wakener's Loyalty. He used this sequence:

1. Precast Demonic Empowerment at 3s

2. Pot + Precast Shadow Bolt (not sure about this one?)

3. Call Dreadstalkers

4. Demonic Empowerment

5. Doom

6. Shadow Bolt

7. Doomguard

8. Grimoire: Felguard w/Felstorm off GCD

9. Demonic Empowerment

10. Shadow Bolt

11. Hand of Gul'dan

12. Demonic Empowerment

13. Shadow Bolt

14. Hand of Gul'dan

15. Demonic Empowerment

16. Thal'kiel's Consumption

The value he got from that TC is 6.9M crit, which is pretty high considering he's not using Soul Harvest or Sin'dorei Spite to boost it. No doubt Wakener's Loyalty played into it.

Edited by Tarazet

I got a relic with Left Hand of Darkness, went to see how it stacked up against the other relics and the guide doesn't have it listed. I imagine that 5% extra damage from your main pet is pretty damn good, but your imp's firebolts are usually the largest contributor to damage even on AoE fights so I'm not positive that it would be the very best.

Edited by Tarazet

On 8/16/2017 at 7:13 AM, Tarazet said:

I got a relic with Left Hand of Darkness, went to see how it stacked up against the other relics and the guide doesn't have it listed. I imagine that 5% extra damage from your main pet is pretty damn good, but your imp's firebolts are usually the largest contributor to damage even on AoE fights so I'm not positive that it would be the very best.

I'm making a note for Furty to not only include this relic, but to revise from your comment above this one. Should be changed/updated alongside the 7.3 updates.

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not. 

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

The netherlight crucible guide for demonology warlock says the tier 3 priority is the same as the relic priority, but I got "Left hand of darkness" as a tier 3 choice and it's not mentioned as a choice in any of the pages. Is it really worse than all of the other options mentioned?

On 9/15/2017 at 4:33 AM, mtmf said:

The netherlight crucible guide for demonology warlock says the tier 3 priority is the same as the relic priority, but I got "Left hand of darkness" as a tier 3 choice and it's not mentioned as a choice in any of the pages. Is it really worse than all of the other options mentioned?

Will ask Furty.