FORUMS
Damien

Destruction Warlock 7.3

Guest Nezvnayhost

WHAT WAS THE WOD 6.2.4 TALENTS ???!  pleaseee ! :/

Guest Jennifer
On 7/21/2016 at 10:13 PM, Furty said:

This spell is pretty useless other than just for healing while questing, or if you're about to die.

Can you clarify? If you're using Servitude, Doomguard is your permanent pet, so I'm confused what "every 3 minutes" has anything to do with your rotation. Generally speaking though, Sacrifice and Service are even in the prepatch depending on the encounter, while Servitude trails noticeably behind.

Yes sorry I meant service. In service you get the 3 min cool down doomguard and 1.5 min imp. I was wondering if service was better than sacrifice but also wondering if you go service is it worth bringing out the doomguard every cool down.  All these pets cost shards now and was wondering how much dps they do vs just focusing mostly on pumping out chaos bolts.       

Guest Zimaya

I am looking at this guide, and many other forum posts, and I think that Channel Demonfire ought to be evaluated as a single target attack, not an AOE. I don't think it's intended as an AOE spell. It's a single target attack, or maybe a cleave with good timing of Havoc possibly?. If all 15 bolts hit one target, it will do a lot of damage to that target. It may be worth more than Wreak Havoc on some fights. It means controlling the cast so there are not a ton of immolates out at that time, but it would be interesting to test it.

5 hours ago, Guest Jennifer said:

Yes sorry I meant service. In service you get the 3 min cool down doomguard and 1.5 min imp. I was wondering if service was better than sacrifice but also wondering if you go service is it worth bringing out the doomguard every cool down.  All these pets cost shards now and was wondering how much dps they do vs just focusing mostly on pumping out chaos bolts.       

Yeah Doomguard and Grimoire: Imp are definitely worth their shard costs.

10 minutes ago, Guest Zimaya said:

I am looking at this guide, and many other forum posts, and I think that Channel Demonfire ought to be evaluated as a single target attack, not an AOE. I don't think it's intended as an AOE spell. It's a single target attack, or maybe a cleave with good timing of Havoc possibly?. If all 15 bolts hit one target, it will do a lot of damage to that target. It may be worth more than Wreak Havoc on some fights. It means controlling the cast so there are not a ton of immolates out at that time, but it would be interesting to test it.

It is evaluated that way. The reason I phrase it as such in the guide is because a ton of people get the misconception that it outscales Wreak on AoE for some reason, even though the number of bolts is fixed.

Guest kaos

I am just wondering how you came up with the opener since no matter how many times i try this, being absolutely at 40 yards from the training dummy I ninja pull on 1 every time without fail if i try and double precast incinerate on 5, Are you sure there is no typo here?

8 minutes ago, Guest kaos said:

I am just wondering how you came up with the opener since no matter how many times i try this, being absolutely at 40 yards from the training dummy I ninja pull on 1 every time without fail if i try and double precast incinerate on 5, Are you sure there is no typo here?

Hitboxes are much smaller on training dummies.

On 7/29/2016 at 10:49 AM, manofthelaw3 said:

Whats the opinion on a high roll on Coagulated Genesaur Blood compared to the sandman's pouch now that it offers crit instead of multistrike?

Much worse because it is RPPM.

Guest Demfliksin

Channel Demonfire + Prophecy of Fear, is it worth?

On 8/1/2016 at 6:41 AM, Guest Demfliksin said:

Channel Demonfire + Prophecy of Fear, is it worth?

If it was there would be a note of it in the guide :P

Is a Normal Fragment of the Dark Star decent at this time? Assuming that I lack access to more than one of the other trinkets listed and have a haste based empowered baleful trinket as my alternative.

Also are you sure that backdraft is not worth taking? I've been using it w/Havoc and Soul Conduit to get strings (2-3, 4 once) of chaos bolts off on both targets, and by doing so, maximize cleave when necessary without giving up soul conduit. (I also dislike the feel of Roaring Blaze, but that is more of a play-style preference)

Edited by Vaaloge
Adding clarity

Guest Belearh

I know its somehow wide and tricky question, but can anyone pls post some insights hows single target boss dps comparison for affli/demo/destro on beta PTR atm on 110lvl? Its too early to say which spec is performing best in dmg, but at least some hints or thoughts? Thank you

20 minutes ago, Guest Belearh said:

Not understand, why was my reply deleted? 

It wasn't, it just wasn't approved! I've now approved it, hopefully someone can help you out

Guest Belearh
47 minutes ago, Blainie said:

It wasn't, it just wasn't approved! I've now approved it, hopefully someone can help you out

Ah i see now, my apologize, also thanks

Guest Newbie_101

Any changes, given the recent Warlock updates in the hotfix patch today?

On 8/9/2016 at 7:56 AM, Guest Belearh said:

I know its somehow wide and tricky question, but can anyone pls post some insights hows single target boss dps comparison for affli/demo/destro on beta PTR atm on 110lvl? Its too early to say which spec is performing best in dmg, but at least some hints or thoughts? Thank you

After the roaring blaze nerf I think it's unlikely for Destruction to still be best at 110, but we'll wait and see.

4 hours ago, Guest Newbie_101 said:

Any changes, given the recent Warlock updates in the hotfix patch today?

Have to wait and see! This has definitely affected the 110 balance, but with Destruction already being fairly weak in the pre-patch it's not like it could really fall much lower on live.

Guest Belearh

Furty, thanks for your insights,

may I ask what spec will u be playing as main in Legion (if decided)? Im pointing my question to artifact weapon choice. Since the difference between "main" spec art. wep. and the "second spec." one, in term of power, should be ~20% (as catch up), it might not be such as important, but still gathering info.

Thanks a lot mate

1 hour ago, Guest Belearh said:

Furty, thanks for your insights,

may I ask what spec will u be playing as main in Legion (if decided)? Im pointing my question to artifact weapon choice. Since the difference between "main" spec art. wep. and the "second spec." one, in term of power, should be ~20% (as catch up), it might not be such as important, but still gathering info.

Thanks a lot mate

Undecided, probably Affliction after this nerf.

• Like 1

Hey Furty,

Thanks for all of your work :)
What do you think about the "Roaring Blaze" nerf? is it still THE talent although it got nerfed? or is now backdraft better?

Thanks a lot

What does "Pre-cast" imply? It sounds a little weird to me at "5-second mark" doesn't that mean that you pull the boss? Can you put it in other words that explain what Pre-cast does?

3 hours ago, DroinD said:

What does "Pre-cast" imply? It sounds a little weird to me at "5-second mark" doesn't that mean that you pull the boss? Can you put it in other words that explain what Pre-cast does?

By pre-cast, he means that you stand at the MAXIMUM range from the boss that you can be, and using some type of pull timer set by your tanks (dbm or whatever) you chug your intellect pot at 6, then start casting your incinerate at 5-4 seconds, cast a second one, and by the time that is done, the timer should be over and your tank should have pulled, allowing you to continue with your instant hit abilities such as immolate and conflag. The travel time of the incinerate at max range is long enough to land right after your tank pulls. if the tank waits a few seconds until after the countdown ends to pull and you aggro first, it is the tank's fault for screwing up the pull knowing full well that any good ranged dps will start the fight by precasting an ability.

Thank you for the explanation I didn't know about this at all despite having played since Wotlk, you learn something new ever day I guess :P

So I've played Warlock for as long as i can possibly remember... down to 7 year old me way back in vanilla... But all warlock specs right now seem like they're in the worst condition they've ever been in. Destro is ridiculously boring and doesn't feel rewarding to play at all. Demonology is gcd locked in a bad way and also requires offgame addons to play efficiently/competitively at all in raiding... and Affliction is literally just waiting around and occasionally refreshing dots. I haven't had access to the beta at all, but it seems like it doesn't get much better at all with artifacts and legendaries. I really would like to keep playing my main but it just feels extremely lackluster. Anyone else have any input on where this class is going/how fun it is going to be in legion?

Edit: I know I should probably wait until legion to decide how I feel about demonology... because the rotation right now is nothing short of complete cancer and pretty much ruins the enjoyability of the spec altogether. But aoe is still an issue.

Edited by manofthelaw3

Guest Diegobrando

I have a question about chaos bolt usage. Shouldn't you wait until you have 5 shards to use it every time so you can use Chaos bolt on the Eradicated target more often? If I always spam Chaos Bolt, the debuff drops faster than I get another 2 shards.