FORUMS
Damien

Blood Death Knight 7.3

Guest Krisler

Great guide as always, i really appreciate the work you guys do for the DK community and i only have 1 question. I glanced over the "BiS List" For Blood and i noticed that all the pieces are from M+, but i see that the legs put on the list is from King Deepbeard in Eye of Azshara. Wouldnt the Haste-Vers legs from VH be better for blood?At least for survivability? I already have them in 880 ilvl, which i got from the weekly chest in the class hall. The stats are 949 haste and 511 Versatility. 

14 hours ago, Guest Krisler said:

Great guide as always, i really appreciate the work you guys do for the DK community and i only have 1 question. I glanced over the "BiS List" For Blood and i noticed that all the pieces are from M+, but i see that the legs put on the list is from King Deepbeard in Eye of Azshara. Wouldnt the Haste-Vers legs from VH be better for blood?At least for survivability? I already have them in 880 ilvl, which i got from the weekly chest in the class hall. The stats are 949 haste and 511 Versatility. 

I'm not sure 100% sure, but it might be that with the Vers you have elsewhere, some crit has become useful. I'll double check and let you know. Thanks!

Guest Stat weights

Are there any stat weights out for Blood dk right now? I just tried to simulate blood dk on simcraft, but it seems like its not possible at the moment.

Any ideas about them?

On 10/15/2016 at 11:49 PM, TalonShadowsong said:

You suggested Artifact Route to gold traits

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/death-knight/blood/I7o5IPARADESAxEwMRUDEWAxGAMRkBEbARHAER0BEeARIQFTMBA

My suggested Artifact Route to gold traits

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/death-knight/blood/I6Y4IPARADESAxEwMRUDEWAxFwMRkBEbARHAER0BEeARIQFTMBA

Both reach all 3 gold traits at rank 24. I don't see how this is a 3 trait delay. I think you thought I still went through and took Bonebreaker, which is not the case. Hopefully these links will clarify.

Sorry, I completely missed that, so it's just a question of swapping Bonebreaker for DoD and shifting around when you get 1st and 2nd gold.  Bonebreaker has the highest single-target damage potential.  It's not too far off from the extra time on DRW (particularly if lining up DRW w/ other cooldowns,) and you're not gimping yourself by taking one over the other.  The defensive potential of DRW is somewhat restrained by the parry problem generally (parrying is an all-or-nothing proposition, creating dangerous levels of unpredictability,) which is why I generally don't treat it as a defensive cooldown.  It is something of a thinking trap to get into the mindset of always choosing defense over offense as a tank; dps does matter, and there is a cost-benefit curve in that tradeoff.  Again, it's not a bad path, it won't break anyone who uses it, but it's not what I would recommend as a default path.

On 10/15/2016 at 11:49 PM, TalonShadowsong said:

Have you tried any Necrotic Mythic+ runs yet? Not sure if you are on NA severs or not, but we currently have Raging and Necrotic. While Blood DKs natively handle this mechanic well, there are times where we will be unable to reset our stacks in combat. When those times occurring, we need to have a solution before we die, resulting in a wipe and therefore likely resulting in either a depleted key or a less than optimal scenario none-the-less.
From my experience this week, I found that having the random aspect of the fear from Tremble Before Me to be less than useful. Interrupting casts is something that is already being handled if they are important, so relying on a random, 10s internal cd, to manage that isn't ideal to begin with and shouldn't be banked on. Back to my point however, laying down a DnD with a 70% snare on it, with or without the mobs having the Heart Strike snare attached, will provide you with an escape route via Wraith Walk to get to a range where your stacks can reset all while having the mobs still grouped and able to be cleaved down. To do this effectively, simply through down a DnD right behind you and Wraith Walk through it. Tremble Before Me will, in no way, provide you with a scenario which can allow you to reset your stacks, not as efficiently or as safely as this method in this scenario.

Changing talents is a niche thing, generally and since this affix exists and we now have experience with it on live, it should be noted as an option for DKs who are struggling to manage their Necrotic stages in Mythic+ dungeons.

I have not; I am NA but I've been running ragged in a lot of out-of-game ways and haven't pushed too hard in game yet.  TBM certainly does not provide any sort of escape mechanism.  The extra snare on TG can definitely help if you need it to get out for stack resets.  The extra GGs can also be very useful in certain dungeons as well.  There are plenty of niches for everything; I do somewhat worry that the wording suggests to some that TBM should be your default in M+ in all scenarios, which is not what we're trying to convey.  The intent of the TBM comment was to point out that it is 100% useless for raiding, but that it does have some PvE applications.

I do also want to reiterate Vlad's note about feedback; I'm always grateful for insight, observations, and suggestions.  Thank you for caring enough to articulate yours!

23 hours ago, Guest Krisler said:

There are a few things from AoVH that are better itemized than what I included in the gear list - I didn't include AoVH gear mostly because you can't run it as M+.  Between the once/week limitation, the 840 base ilevel, and the fact that you can't even guarantee you'll fight the boss you want each week, the chance of getting a specific drop from AoVH at a high enough ilevel is pretty small.

Guest quick question

so, you guys think is worth resetting at 38k AP to change 24% MW damage and 3% stamina for 6% armor and 9% HS damage at the moment i will get my 3rd gold trait

Guest Ineris

I have seen a lot of people talking about using Bloodthirsty instinct (agility for armor, and they say the proc rate is much higher) + darkmooncard immortality for trinket, what do you think

Guest Ineris

nvm my previous post agility no longer add armor, I have another question though, what do you think unbridled fury (very good, and I think the best one for spike damage reduction, and its controllable instead of relying on proc) + darkmoon card: immortality (the bonus armor is very helpful for smooth out the damage, still testing between this one and chrono shard though

On 10/18/2016 at 5:48 PM, Guest quick question said:

so, you guys think is worth resetting at 38k AP to change 24% MW damage and 3% stamina for 6% armor and 9% HS damage at the moment i will get my 3rd gold trait

Probably not, no.

21 hours ago, Guest Ineris said:

nvm my previous post agility no longer add armor, I have another question though, what do you think unbridled fury (very good, and I think the best one for spike damage reduction, and its controllable instead of relying on proc) + darkmoon card: immortality (the bonus armor is very helpful for smooth out the damage, still testing between this one and chrono shard though

Chrono Shard would be solid, but very unreliable. 

Deck is pretty good.

Unbridled is good.

Guest DS Usage

So I know that this guide says not to use DS when available, but rather save it for a "big" heal. However, I feel that I am almost needing to use DS on CD when raiding and running mythic+ just to keep up with the damage. It may be due to the fact that my healers, whom i've been playing with a long time have come to rely on me healing myself, but It seems that there are rare occasions when I am not spamming DS when available. Even when I do not have aggro I am spamming it for the DPS increase. Are my other other DK brothers/sisters experiencing the same thing?

Guest Why this Rune

to 7.1

still asking why Rune of the Fallen crusader? Isn't the "Tank" rune the better choice?

7 minutes ago, Guest Why this Rune said:

to 7.1

still asking why Rune of the Fallen crusader? Isn't the "Tank" rune the better choice?

There's sadly no reason to ever pick SSG over Fallen Crusader as a Blood DK. The proc can occur multiple times in a row even. It provides a significant bonus to AP, which means more mitigation of itself. Furthermore it HEALS you, quite often too! 

Guest more suggestions

First of all thanks for compiling this guid its really nice but your stats show @lvl101 but what it should do as show in 110 so people should have mindset about what should their secondary stats do aswell and also i can advise as in my experience that apart from raiding rune of the stoneskin really helps in higher mythic + dungeons because of the fact that in dungeons you shouldnt get spiked damage and at higher levels your dps fellows should dps not you so %5 passive stats are more viable my observations on fallen crusade is that it procs highly but its not enough when considering mythic + affixes

On 10/27/2016 at 4:51 AM, Guest DS Usage said:

So I know that this guide says not to use DS when available, but rather save it for a "big" heal. However, I feel that I am almost needing to use DS on CD when raiding and running mythic+ just to keep up with the damage. It may be due to the fact that my healers, whom i've been playing with a long time have come to rely on me healing myself, but It seems that there are rare occasions when I am not spamming DS when available. Even when I do not have aggro I am spamming it for the DPS increase. Are my other other DK brothers/sisters experiencing the same thing?

If you're taking a huge amount of damage, you won't need to wait to pop DS, simply because it scales off of the amount of damage taken in the last 5 seconds. Generally the guide is referring to the fact that you don't want to be spamming DS when you are taking very little damage, instead using it for DPS by stopping yourself from capping. Hope this makes sense!

On 10/28/2016 at 4:30 PM, Guest more suggestions said:

First of all thanks for compiling this guid its really nice but your stats show @lvl101 but what it should do as show in 110 so people should have mindset about what should their secondary stats do aswell and also i can advise as in my experience that apart from raiding rune of the stoneskin really helps in higher mythic + dungeons because of the fact that in dungeons you shouldnt get spiked damage and at higher levels your dps fellows should dps not you so %5 passive stats are more viable my observations on fallen crusade is that it procs highly but its not enough when considering mythic + affixes

I'm not sure what you mean by the first part of your comment. As for the enchant, it's not a 5% passive to all stats. It only affects Strength, Stamina and Armour. The FC proc is worth much more than the passive bonus from SSG.

Guest hakurenn

i had acherus drapes drop the other day, at first i was not too impressed i was really hoping to get the HS legendary to really see what the cd reduction would be.  THAT being said i've really grown to like the ams absorb, in mythic+ dungeons its incredibly well placed, the amount of healing and dmg mitigation it does should really make it more that an honorable mention.  

Guest Jake

Just wanted to point out mastery also increases attack power, I couldn't find any one noting this and its not under your stat priority.

Also had a question for you all: If the RGN gods love you and drop Service of Gorefiend wouldn't mastery and versatility start looking a whole lot better? Haste would be better than both still but that one piece of gear would bring you down to like a 15 or 20 second CD on Vampiric Blood on a 1 target scenario(3+ adds would put it 10-15 seconds CD if you play your cards right). Assuming you have all 3 relics in vampiric fangs at 3.5mill health you will be healing for 1.12 each DS and at 30% mastery 336k shield with VP running, and any versa will just add to the healing effect. Your blood shields might just last at that point also giving your leech more up time and adding to your damage. Then again thats all dependent on the RNG gods loving you so w/e just thinking out loud.

Guest Bob

For BiS trinkets, isn' phantasmal echo good purely for all that tasty haste? And also since the tank trinkets are such trash, wouldn't ursoc's rending paw and ravaged seed pod be very viable options for trinkets?

On 2016-11-12 at 1:07 AM, Guest Bob said:

For BiS trinkets, isn' phantasmal echo good purely for all that tasty haste? And also since the tank trinkets are such trash, wouldn't ursoc's rending paw and ravaged seed pod be very viable options for trinkets?

The given rule now is that a trinket (It varies) with a flat out haste passive is the go too. Ravaged Seed Pod is one of the better ones as the heroic version (not wf/titanforged just 865) gives a passive boost of +986 haste (like Echo). The use is also very beneficial and is pretty decent in terms of uptime in any fight (1 minute cd). Phantasmal isn't that bad either and the only downside is the occuring every 2 minutes when you drop below 50%. However,  ursoc's is a plain "hell no" in all honesty, it's pretty bad at least for tanking. I currently run with a heroic ravaged seed pod and orb of torment, what I find odd is that activating one puts the other on a shorter cd (not sure if that's intended or is used to prevent stacking). An example is if I use ravaged seed pod's use the orb trinket goes on a 60 second cooldown (it's usually 2 minutes) so I am uncertain.

Guest Jesper

I got a quick question, I was wondering how many ilvl would off set the secondary stats if I have an 865 chest from Dragons of Nightmare and I got rewarded with the 880 chest from Nythendra, both are without upgrades.

With the 865 chest I currently got 24% crit, 26% haste and 32% mastery.

On 11/4/2016 at 8:44 PM, Guest hakurenn said:

i had acherus drapes drop the other day, at first i was not too impressed i was really hoping to get the HS legendary to really see what the cd reduction would be.  THAT being said i've really grown to like the ams absorb, in mythic+ dungeons its incredibly well placed, the amount of healing and dmg mitigation it does should really make it more that an honorable mention.  

I completely overlooked these posts! I'm so sorry! It's still quite a specific, situational legendary, hence why it's not on the ranking list, but mentioned afterwards.

On 12/11/2016 at 11:59 AM, Guest Jesper said:

I got a quick question, I was wondering how many ilvl would off set the secondary stats if I have an 865 chest from Dragons of Nightmare and I got rewarded with the 880 chest from Nythendra, both are without upgrades.

With the 865 chest I currently got 24% crit, 26% haste and 32% mastery.

This is probably the best section to help:

In general, you should prioritise getting enough Haste to handle the rotation comfortably on fights where Bone Shield Icon Bone Shield is being consumed on cooldown; at least 20% unbuffed and as much as 30% unbuffed depending on the content difficulty you are currently facing. Once at that point, continue to prioritise Haste, but do not sacrifice overall item level (i.e. Stamina and Strength) to do so. When you have the freedom to optimise gear, choose based on the following priorities.

Guest Kazan

Hello everyone!

I have not seen much talk about the Stamina trinkets from Kara. I know one of them has mastery (sadness) but I figured that given how important Max HP tend to be for Blood DKs, these trinkets would be a pretty big deal for us, specially if you managed to get your hands on the Nightbane chest piece.

Can anyone comment on them? Cheers!