FORUMS
Damien

Blood Death Knight 7.3

On 19/7/2016 at 11:58 PM, Guest DonkeyJani said:

With 2min cd? Yea grasp is nice, but not superior. 

And it's wrong to say in guide that tremble is useless in pve. 

I personally like Bonestorm pretty much everywhere. There is great synergy with Red Thirst since it is a RP damper fantastic use of it in aoe packs and after the buff on it's heal I do personally like it a lot more than Blood Mirror and Purgatory. Blooddrinker in my opinion is nice but it's channeling really feels weird as for 5th tier talents March of the Damned does not seem to be working for me, Wraith Walk does not seem to break stuns and well after the reduction of Gorefiend's Grasp to 2min down from 3min I personally prefer Tremble Before me more than Tightening Grasp in mythic plus. If u need slow u get the snare from Heart Strike already to be honest.

Guest Bogmore

The death grip macro doesn't do what it says. It doesn't work.

Guest Bogmore

Also the [@self] part of the Death and Decay needs changing to [@player]

On 1/22/2017 at 2:33 PM, Guest Fallenlight said:

Hey me again :D

Got another trinket question.^^

How high is the cheat death trinket from Nighthold rated? Crit isnt a bad stat tbh and it would give us more option in the tier7 talents. Esp. bloodmirror would give us another %reduction, which we lack and is an dps increase. 

Would like to hear other opinions on it. :)

It's not bad, but the huge cooldown on it just means that it's not great compared to Purg. Definitely worth keeping it for progression on stuff that outgears you, but there are better ones.

On 1/22/2017 at 7:56 PM, Guest virco said:

not sure if it has been posted but  for the death and decay macro it should be 

/cast [mod:ctrl, @cursor] Death and Decay; [@player] Death and Decay

now it says @self and that didnt work for me

Passing it on, thanks!

On 1/24/2017 at 1:38 PM, Jesper said:

I personally prefer Tremble Before me more than Tightening Grasp in mythic plus.

I just fail to see how TBM can ever be used in M+. You can't rely on it to interrupt, it doesn't function as a stun does since it can break on damage, it is capped at 1 proc per 10s so it can't chain skip melee strikes - I just can't see how it's useful to people.

4 hours ago, Guest Bogmore said:

The death grip macro doesn't do what it says. It doesn't work.

Passed this on, will get it fixed.

4 hours ago, Guest Bogmore said:

Also the [@self] part of the Death and Decay needs changing to [@player]

Have also passed this on, thanks!

Strange, I find Stoneskin gargoyle enchant way better for survivability. At 863 ilvl i gain like +200k health(and the 5% armor also). You only just lose like 10% strenght without it which does nothing for you death strikes in Legion. Max health is better for death knight because it boosts death strike healing.

Edited by Rudy199
grammar mistake

On 31/1/2017 at 9:40 PM, Blainie said:

I just fail to see how TBM can ever be used in M+. You can't rely on it to interrupt, it doesn't function as a stun does since it can break on damage, it is capped at 1 proc per 10s so it can't chain skip melee strikes - I just can't see how it's useful to people.

It works as an aoe interrupt whenever needed and provides an extra cc it does not share same icd as stuns and sometimes I've felt in dungeons with trash that cast alot its quite useful tbh.

22 hours ago, Rudy199 said:

Strange, I find Stoneskin gargoyle enchant way better for survivability. At 863 ilvl i gain like +200k health(and the 5% armor also). You only just lose like 10% strenght without it which does nothing for you death strikes in Legion. Max health is better for death knight because it boosts death strike healing.

Essentially:

• If you are severely undergeared for content and are required to tank multiple targets (3+ or so), SSG becomes better as more targets appear.
  • Generally though, FC is the go-to for pretty much everything. 

Hope this helps.

20 hours ago, Jesper said:

It works as an aoe interrupt whenever needed and provides an extra cc it does not share same icd as stuns and sometimes I've felt in dungeons with trash that cast alot its quite useful tbh.

The issue is, it can only act as an AoE interrupt when the damage doesn't matter. Let's take a scenario:

• You are in an M+15, tanking 4 adds that each cast a spell that does considerable damage to the tank (almost full-HP level of damage).
  • Let's say your group is going to rely on Tremble Before Me to interrupt and the cast time of the spell is 3 seconds. 
  • Your TBM now has an insane amount of possibilities when it comes to the timing of the proc.
  • While you could definitely get lucky and have all 4 interrupted during their cast, you are also equally likely to have all 4 release a full cast and just kill the tank, right?
  • Ok, so, you now need your DPS to interrupt when TBM doesn't to ensure that the casts don't go off. 
  • You are now using the interrupts that you would have anyway and Tremble Before Me has become a useless talent for interrupting, because you're DPS are doing it anyway.

Hopefully you can kind of see what I mean? In scenarios where the damage isn't lethal and the interrupt is just a bonus, then I can understand what you mean, but at those times the interrupt won't matter enough to take the talent specifically for those interrupts.

Yes I do get what you mean and frankly speaking you are right. TBM is way too situational and even most mythic+ combos make tightening grasp better for example any combo with necrotic where u want to kite ye Tightening Grasp is better. TBM is just a troll talent with combos like Raging/Fortified if the trash gets feared. Yeah well I guess you are right. Still though March of the Damned does not make Wraith Walk break stuns and that's stupid I don't know why it has not been fixed yet.

Another thing I mentioned some posts before was about Bonestorm. I've been tanking lately alot and I've tried all sorts of talent choices to be honest and even though I love Bonestorm its damage is great and if u have the RP to pop it alongside with Vampiric Blood the healing is also huge, I've been having my doubts and that's only becouse it's not certain as a saver. Bonestorm gives value even in single target tanking where it reduces ur cd of Vampiric Blood but I've been thinking that when you want to tank a boss you definitely want to get the Death strikes rolling for mitigation, which is why I'm away of it as a choice right now. The real question then popped to my head between Blood Mirror and Purgatory and it's again of the same concept. It's obvious that DKs don't have plenthora of defensive cds and many people go for Blood Mirror and Rune tap for that reason. Among the 2 of those picks I don't trust Rune Tap anymore, it's fine yeah but that 20% hp bonus at 10stacks of Bone Shield boosts the self-heals and absorbs a lot. Since I am using the neck as well for blood it gets more value from Foul Bulwark since it works with max hp, and the thing with Rune Tap is that it messes the rotation and if you exactly are depending on a rune to survive sometimes it just won't happen. Blizzard's gift to blood is definitely Vampiric blood. So then my only dilemma in the spec is between Blood Mirror and Purgatory and still I have not come to a conclusion.

Edited by Jesper

On 2/4/2017 at 10:17 AM, Jesper said:

So then my only dilemma in the spec is between Blood Mirror and Purgatory and still I have not come to a conclusion.

Personally, I think it depends on your situation and what playstyle you want. If you are progressing something that you are incredibly undergeared for, I'd take Purg every time. If you want a more passive playstyle with a safety net, take Purg. If you want more control over your damage intake and you feel you know when the highest damage comes from a fight, you can take BM. 

I think it basically just depends on your own knowledge of the fight and what you want, rather than a straight "What is better?"

Question about blooddrinker: I see it's listed as an either/or but how viable is it really in a raid especially as a tank? 800k doesn't seem to be a huge help on a good number of these bosses considering the bust dps they do. I tried it in Nighthold heroic and it did seem to be much help over Heartbreaker. Thanks

6 hours ago, Jinnet said:

Question about blooddrinker: I see it's listed as an either/or but how viable is it really in a raid especially as a tank? 800k doesn't seem to be a huge help on a good number of these bosses considering the bust dps they do. I tried it in Nighthold heroic and it did seem to be much help over Heartbreaker. Thanks

Hi @Jinnet

Its value lies in the fact that you can use it while moving, so you face the boss , hit it and run to avoid a mechanic, your draining his HP and boosting your own. Plus the ticks can crit which is extra health. With the RP nerf to Heartbreaker its an awful lot more solid than it used to be.  I find personally it can be a lifesaver and a bit of extra dps can help out too. Try both and see which one suits you.

Guest Fallenlight

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wKckZDJCXAqP2bmB#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0&wipes=2&source=3

Not playing perfectly and still does about 10% of my dmg and that for just 1 Rune. Blooddrinker is super strong right now and helps with sustained dmg. For bursty dmg you still have DeathStrike and you can pool RP before bursts.

If you like Heartbreaker more, stick with it. The extra RP isnt too bad. 

On 2/17/2017 at 0:41 PM, Jesper said:

why don't we favour Rune Tap more than Foul Bulwark after the buff I still have not found out to be fair

It depends on what you are tanking, as the guide mentions. If you need that on-demand cooldown, take RT. If you don't FB will be better.

On 2/19/2017 at 6:04 PM, Guest Fallenlight said:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wKckZDJCXAqP2bmB#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0&wipes=2&source=3

Not playing perfectly and still does about 10% of my dmg and that for just 1 Rune. Blooddrinker is super strong right now and helps with sustained dmg. For bursty dmg you still have DeathStrike and you can pool RP before bursts.

If you like Heartbreaker more, stick with it. The extra RP isnt too bad. 

Thanks for sharing your log to help with the discussion! :)

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2 - please understand that we will not be answering questions in this section about "What is better for 7.2?" prior to the patch release, since all the information will be available when the patch goes live. Please be patient and thanks for waiting!

Guest Kagrash

I only have a very quick simple question:  How do you work Blooddrinker into your rotation?  There isn't any mention in the guide about when or how to use it effectively.  It seems like it's a waste of a rune to do what Death Strike already does for me (heals me after a big hit), and it's way too much damage done to the boss/mob to just let it sit until I need it.  Would appreciate some clarification here.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Guest Kagrash said:

I only have a very quick simple question:  How do you work Blooddrinker into your rotation?  There isn't any mention in the guide about when or how to use it effectively.  It seems like it's a waste of a rune to do what Death Strike already does for me (heals me after a big hit), and it's way too much damage done to the boss/mob to just let it sit until I need it.  Would appreciate some clarification here.  Thanks!

I use it in place of a heart strike where I'd use a DS for mitigation, but have the rune available.  The HPS on Blooddrinker is solid, but as importantly it's a huge amount of damage.  Try to get it in the first time you can replace a HS with it - only save it if you know you're going to need some serious sustained (5+ sec) additional self-mitigation.

You're absolutely right that we should have that in the rotation though.  Thank you for bringing it up!

Edited by Volstatsz
  • Like 1

Guest stat weights

Im quite confused. it might have been already said here in the comments, but on the ge of loot priority/legendaries, there is stated that "Additionally, they prefer Mastery over Critical Strike and Haste". But when you go look for the stat weights it is said that haste is always main stat and mastery is kinda at the lower side. 

could anyone explain to me please? 

cheers

14 hours ago, Guest stat weights said:

could anyone explain to me please? 

That looks like an error in updating! Please follow the stat priority, not the loot-competition section. I'll get it updated. :)