FORUMS
Damien

Blood Death Knight 7.3

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2.5 - all questions about "What is better for 7.2.5, X or Y?" will be answered in our guide updates. Thanks for your patience while we get everything completed and good luck in the new patch!

Guest Facebonez
On 2017-05-12 at 10:33 AM, Guest Level 100 talents said:

Hi,

I think you may want to change a bit the lvl 100 talents description. While purgatory is preferred all the way through HM NH, you may prefer Blood Mirror for mythic progression, because we are very bad tanks, so that's one more CD, and you can't say no to that :)

I think that saying we're very bad tanks is pretty extreme, seen blood survive and do some incredible things other tanks would not be able to do just based off how we're designed 

14 hours ago, Guest Facebonez said:

I think that saying we're very bad tanks is pretty extreme, seen blood survive and do some incredible things other tanks would not be able to do just based off how we're designed 

The self healing is pretty extraordinary, that's for sure. Being able to survive with a dead healer for huge periods of time is pretty great.

Guest Just some guy

I've found that Rune Tap macroed to Marrorend and Tombstone macroed to Deathstrike with Foul Bulwark provides not only survivability but, sometimes more importantly, PREDICTABILITY for your healer in a PVE encounter.  

At a cold start, Death Knights need a cooldown or they take massive damage with no bones to absorb.  The Rune Tap macro allows your quick 3 (even four assuming both Rune Tap cooldowns though this is a bit of a waste) Marrowrend strikes to build up a bone base.  Then you'll have enough bones to use Deathstrike which will mitigate the damage you already took AND put up the Tombstone shield.  

As the fight progresses, the regular cooldown of Rune Tap allows your Marrorend to keep up with Tombstone without 1) fully depleting your runes and 2) leaving you boneless.  

Guest McNeckBeard

I see as of 7.2.5 that Skullflower is number 1. As a proud mythic raider, i find this to not be the case. I think with set bonus from NH and ToS, the combination of Shackles/Service is still far more valuable. Even Shackles alone with these set bonuses is more favorable, because you can 99.9% ensure the legendary affect is going to go off. Currently have 4 set NH/ 2 set ToS and Shackles/Service and it is not uncommon for me to outheal my other tanks and some healers

I think it is would help to include the interaction of acherus drape with necrotic affix, as personally that is where i find the most value of it.

Guest French Prick
On 24/06/2017 at 6:46 PM, Guest McNeckBeard said:

I see as of 7.2.5 that Skullflower is number 1. As a proud mythic raider, i find this to not be the case. I think with set bonus from NH and ToS, the combination of Shackles/Service is still far more valuable. Even Shackles alone with these set bonuses is more favorable, because you can 99.9% ensure the legendary affect is going to go off. Currently have 4 set NH/ 2 set ToS and Shackles/Service and it is not uncommon for me to outheal my other tanks and some healers

Thing is, not much people are okay on wich legs are the "best" ones in every circumstance.

You have people raiding tos hm/mm with all sorts of stuff. Dps or Tank stuff, and all sorts of other things. I personally raid with pauldrons/wrists, and i did kj hm, and further, with pauldrons/new ring.

I think at least having one of the two 'first' legs is good, and another defensive one, like ring/belt/trinket is the thing to do if you go mythic.

Guest John

Hi,

I see you say the 4p from ToS should be actively pursued. I didn't had the possiblity test it, so i was wondering, how much value would you put on it ? I mean, how much would you be ready to lose some good stats (i.e haste), or ILvl in general, to get it.

On 22/06/2017 at 0:34 PM, Guest Just some guy said:

I've found that Rune Tap macroed to Marrorend and Tombstone macroed to Deathstrike with Foul Bulwark provides not only survivability but, sometimes more importantly, PREDICTABILITY for your healer in a PVE encounter.  

At a cold start, Death Knights need a cooldown or they take massive damage with no bones to absorb.  The Rune Tap macro allows your quick 3 (even four assuming both Rune Tap cooldowns though this is a bit of a waste) Marrowrend strikes to build up a bone base.  Then you'll have enough bones to use Deathstrike which will mitigate the damage you already took AND put up the Tombstone shield.  

As the fight progresses, the regular cooldown of Rune Tap allows your Marrorend to keep up with Tombstone without 1) fully depleting your runes and 2) leaving you boneless.  

Just out of interest on this tip - do you ever find conflicting errors in the macros or certain spells not casting as intended?

On 24/06/2017 at 5:46 PM, Guest McNeckBeard said:

This is definitely something I can pass on as feedback - out of interest, did you feel when using Skullflower there was a large difference in your performance? Do you generally drop your 4-piece or 2-piece to fill it with Skullflower? Just looking for any more information I can pass on :)

On 01/07/2017 at 2:02 AM, Eghtas said:

I think it is would help to include the interaction of acherus drape with necrotic affix, as personally that is where i find the most value of it.

Wasn't this recently changed? To no longer reset the stacks? I don't have the legendary to test myself.

On 12/07/2017 at 2:29 PM, Guest John said:

Hi,

I see you say the 4p from ToS should be actively pursued. I didn't had the possiblity test it, so i was wondering, how much value would you put on it ? I mean, how much would you be ready to lose some good stats (i.e haste), or ILvl in general, to get it.

This depends entirely on current stat levels, etc. - there are times when sacrificing some Haste won't impact your gameplay much due to a much lower stat weight on it and others where it wouldn't be recommended. Can you give me an estimate on your current stat levels and what you would be replacing?

Guest Rimma

Question: I typed the macro for Death Grip as it shows, but it doesn't work as intended. It pulls only my targeted mob to me, no hand change no nothing to it and it used to work properly before. I'm mentioning that all other spells I did with this on mouse cast are working perfectly, but not Death Grip. Anyone has any idea why?

7 hours ago, Guest Rimma said:

Question: I typed the macro for Death Grip as it shows, but it doesn't work as intended. It pulls only my targeted mob to me, no hand change no nothing to it and it used to work properly before. I'm mentioning that all other spells I did with this on mouse cast are working perfectly, but not Death Grip. Anyone has any idea why?

Try this:

/cast [@mouseover,harm] Death Grip

hey,

i dont get the "recently used death strike" buff after using it. i asked a few other deathknights aswell. noone got. is that a hidden buff? and how can i track him with a weak aura then?

On 27/07/2017 at 6:08 PM, nbf77 said:

hey,

i dont get the "recently used death strike" buff after using it. i asked a few other deathknights aswell. noone got. is that a hidden buff? and how can i track him with a weak aura then?

You can find a WA on https://wago.io/ I'm sure, it has pretty much everything you could want.

Guest Osterberg501

Does anybody know the stat weights for this build? 

6 hours ago, Guest Osterberg501 said:

Does anybody know the stat weights for this build? 

There are no stat weights per say.

Aim for 30% haste unbuffed and then versa/mastery/crit for a survivability build or 30% haste, then crit then versa/mastery for  a dps build.

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not. 

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

Guest SpacePope20K

Hey so the Blooddrinker talent is CLEARLY the best talent available in the tier 1 slot, but nowhere in your rotations & abilities guide do you describe when to use it. Outside of a short description in the talent section itself, I really feel like this is missing information...

On 9/19/2017 at 8:35 PM, Guest SpacePope20K said:

Hey so the Blooddrinker talent is CLEARLY the best talent available in the tier 1 slot, but nowhere in your rotations & abilities guide do you describe when to use it. Outside of a short description in the talent section itself, I really feel like this is missing information...

Getting this updated.

Guest Uracoin sylvanas
On 19/07/2016 at 4:41 AM, Damien said:

It feels like the stat priorities for dps pushing is way off. Especially now with versa in concordance and tomb 2p.

I agree that going haste vers priority is better for most, but after spamming 1k + dungeons as bdk id say ive had the best dps results with going haste=mastery>crit>>vers where i can. How do you other tanks feel in this regard?  

Currently able to burst 3-8m aoe with cds and do 1.2 -  1.6m overall dps during weeks of big pulles in the most aoe heavy dungeons, as a reference (ilev 943 with cheesing all cds on trash to max out on aoe) 

15 hours ago, Guest Uracoin sylvanas said:

It feels like the stat priorities for dps pushing is way off. Especially now with versa in concordance and tomb 2p.

I agree that going haste vers priority is better for most, but after spamming 1k + dungeons as bdk id say ive had the best dps results with going haste=mastery>crit>>vers where i can. How do you other tanks feel in this regard?  

Currently able to burst 3-8m aoe with cds and do 1.2 -  1.6m overall dps during weeks of big pulles in the most aoe heavy dungeons, as a reference (ilev 943 with cheesing all cds on trash to max out on aoe) 

Before passing this on, I'd love to look through what you've found and see what to give to the writer/reviewer - just wondering if you have something other than the DPS numbers you reach, since this isn't really anything that we can work with. There are so many variables, whether you maintain or max-out, fight length, number of adds, number of different HP mobs, whether you had to kite or not, whether you had to play defensively at any point.

Guest uracoin sylvanas

i have no idea how to log my runs outside of using skada or recount, but comparing the net gain of mastery compared to versa in damage increase should make it quite obvious form what i can see.

6500 mastery provides aprox +25% attackpower, while 6500 versatility aids with aprox 12% damage gain. the defensive side of versatility is by no doubt a factor to consider, but if damage is the goal, it looks like mastery deffo is better than both crit and versatility. i imagine the highest damage gain would come from having a good deal of both haste, crit, and mastery and rely on concordance + 2p TOS for the versatility proc. i can only talk form experience, but goofing around with different rings/amu to alter my stats it looks to be haste>mastery in aoe and mastery>haste for single target dps (this i believe is cause in aoe, blood plague and blood boil is a lot of the dps, while on single target it is not, and haste is king with bloodboil and dot ticks)