FORUMS
Damien

Unholy Death Knight 7.3

Guest Yoduku

Did the Skull of War always have a 115 sec CD? ive never noticed that until today

10 minutes ago, Guest Yoduku said:

Did the Skull of War always have a 115 sec CD? ive never noticed that until today

Tbh never really looked at it since it was just a crap trinket compared to the ones from HFC but i doubt they changed the ICD on SoW.

Guest Yoduku
12 minutes ago, Tegu said:

Tbh never really looked at it since it was just a crap trinket compared to the ones from HFC but i doubt they changed the ICD on SoW.

Thx for the quick reply.  So I have the SoW, Grontooth, Empty drinking horn.

However, I also have this Spore of Alacrity that dropped warforged (upgraded to 715) in a mythic 5 man and its +184 strength, and attacks have a chance to grant 3,048 haste for 10 secs (.92 procs per min).  So before I go and grab a Stone of the Elements, I figured I'd ask if its an upgrade. 

9 minutes ago, Guest Yoduku said:

Thx for the quick reply.  So I have the SoW, Grontooth, Empty drinking horn.

However, I also have this Spore of Alacrity that dropped warforged (upgraded to 715) in a mythic 5 man and its +184 strength, and attacks have a chance to grant 3,048 haste for 10 secs (.92 procs per min).  So before I go and grab a Stone of the Elements, I figured I'd ask if its an upgrade. 

Stone of the Elements is just too strong.

Hi tegu, so i'm having a little problem with my dps, i dont have the 4 tier part 
my stats are almost 24 % crit 20% haste 65% mastery and my dps can go further than 40k 

my ilvl is 724, i have stone and soul prism for trinkets 

and the bigger problem is i dont have the ring, should i go for soul reaper instead of dark arbiter? 

also, thanks for the guide ^^ 

5 minutes ago, Quiks said:

Hi tegu, so i'm having a little problem with my dps, i dont have the 4 tier part 
my stats are almost 24 % crit 20% haste 65% mastery and my dps can go further than 40k 

my ilvl is 724, i have stone and soul prism for trinkets 

and the bigger problem is i dont have the ring, should i go for soul reaper instead of dark arbiter? 

also, thanks for the guide ^^ 

Soul Reaper isn't that good of an option because it's good for long fights and i assume your guild is killing the bosses somewhat fast also soul reaper works great with the Artifact Weapon ability *Apocalypse* and we don't have it yet. You can try with Soul Reaper but with Dark Arbiter you should be doing more on short fights as long as you pool runic power before the bosses. Unfortunately 4p t18 and the Legendary ring are huge for us so try getting at least the 4p. 

30.07.2016 Update:

Alright so apparently they stealth nerfed Clawing Shadows without mentioning it anywhere, with that nerf Castigator is  most likely the talent to go with now also there's rumours about All Will Serve being buffed but  needs to be tested.

you saying that CS damage reduced a little bit or too much?

sorry for not answering you the last quote, my answer wasnt accepted 

Edited by Quiks

10 minutes ago, Quiks said:

you saying that CS damage reduced a little bit or too much?

sorry for not answering you the last quote, my answer wasnt accepted 

From what i've heard it was reduced from 200% AP to 150% AP, still waiting on official notes and see what else could have been changed.

23 minutes ago, Tegu said:

From what i've heard it was reduced from 200% AP to 150% AP, still waiting on official notes and see what else could have been changed.

oh, i saw one hotfix 07/28 but didn't find anything about this nerf, hope it's a lie :/ 

Guest Ratchety

Does soul reaper's haste buff affect gargoyle? Because I have been waiting until I get the soul reaper buff to cast gargoyle, but obviously if it doesn't affect gargoyle I should be casting right on the pull. I couldn't really find a definite answer to this anywhere.

Guest Soeki
18 minutes ago, Guest Ratchety said:

Does soul reaper's haste buff affect gargoyle? Because I have been waiting until I get the soul reaper buff to cast gargoyle, but obviously if it doesn't affect gargoyle I should be casting right on the pull. I couldn't really find a definite answer to this anywhere.

It gives me from 25% to 51% haste in the attributes tab so it should affect the gargoyle to.

37 minutes ago, Quiks said:

oh, i saw one hotfix 07/28 but didn't find anything about this nerf, hope it's a lie :/ 

It happened yesterday or today isn't a lie.

31 minutes ago, Guest Ratchety said:

Yes it does also you don't really need to delay Gargoyle since it scales dynamically so as long as you get the  haste buff  which lasts 15 seconds inside Gargoyle's duration you are good to go.

12 minutes ago, DroinD said:

So is CS still viable even with the nerf? People say that we should use Castigator instead

Well right now Scourge Strike is doing more damage than Clawing Shadows so yes Castigator should be picked. There's some bug apparently that makes only the Physical part of Scourge Strike to cleaves on top of death and decay which makes CS better for AoE till it's fixed.

Gonna update the guide once i get official notes on what exactly changed.

13 hours ago, Tegu said:

Well right now Scourge Strike is doing more damage than Clawing Shadows so yes Castigator should be picked. There's some bug apparently that makes only the Physical part of Scourge Strike to cleaves on top of death and decay which makes CS better for AoE till it's fixed.

Gonna update the guide once i get official notes on what exactly changed.

CS nerf is 25% in pve yet stays the same for pvp. Going to be patched today. No mention of any other changes though.

Guest Tyriel

With the recent changes to CS with Castigater being the better choice, does that change stat priority at all since Cast procs off crit? And also what do you think about the new mobility changes?

26 minutes ago, Guest Tyriel said:

With the recent changes to CS with Castigater being the better choice, does that change stat priority at all since Cast procs off crit? And also what do you think about the new mobility changes?

Well more or less instead of being different between single and and AoE now you can go Haste > Critical > Mastery for Aoe = Versatility for single target. I don't like the mobility changes, 15 % movement speed was better for us than 15 sec reduce to WW but can't do much about it.

Guest Mark

Hi Tegu,

One thing that might be useful for people looking to optimize their gear is to add stat weightings along with the stat priority.

Also the loss of clawing shadows for castigator means we lose the 30yrd range that clawing shadows had. Will that affect the aoe rotation as it may take more time to get close enough to use scourge strike which could result in a loss of dps.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Guest Mark said:

Hi Tegu,

One thing that might be useful for people looking to optimize their gear is to add stat weightings along with the stat priority.

Also the loss of clawing shadows for castigator means we lose the 30yrd range that clawing shadows had. Will that affect the aoe rotation as it may take more time to get close enough to use scourge strike which could result in a loss of dps.

Thanks

I'm gonna try to add stat weights for Legion, right now there's none with the recent changes. Regarding Clawing Shadows i already sent the information for the guide to be updated now i am just waiting on the Icy Veins staff to put it but thanks for your feedback anyway!

Guest Jackkernaut

Awsome guide 

What is the radius of Epidemic Detonation  (the damage radius not the activation) and Outbreak surrounding targets?

And Is is worth mentioning to use Epidemic AFTER D&D ends? 

It's really confusing ability but do retard amount of AoE.

54 minutes ago, Guest Jackkernaut said:

Awsome guide 

What is the radius of Epidemic Detonation  (the damage radius not the activation) and Outbreak surrounding targets?

And Is is worth mentioning to use Epidemic AFTER D&D ends? 

It's really confusing ability but do retard amount of AoE.

Epidemic is 100 yards and the secondary part  ( near enemies ) is 8 yards.

Usually Death and Decay combined with Scourge Strike / Clawing Shadows should take priority over Epidemic as long as targets can be cleaved. You can use one of your Epidemic charges right before you drop Death and Decay so you don't waste any potential charges during Death and Decay.

Guest Gamul
On 7/19/2016 at 10:47 PM, Tegu said:

@CrusRuss i haven't really thought about t19 yet but looking at it right now  i find it really disappointing imo. They need to buff Festering Wounds  but even then  the tier doesn't really look all that attractive,  they can also change it so we are gonna have to wait and see how things turn out to be.

Would the number of adds (stacked for 8 yard radius) affect the aoe priority? I've noticed on packs like the one right before tyrant or even mythic manny imps (stacked), epidemic does SO much more than DnD/SS cleaving.  It could be just trinket procs but we do heroic and mythic every week so I've also tried both cases and it still seems epidemic excels at 4+ targets, maybe even 3.

30 minutes ago, Guest Gamul said:

Would the number of adds (stacked for 8 yard radius) affect the aoe priority? I've noticed on packs like the one right before tyrant or even mythic manny imps (stacked), epidemic does SO much more than DnD/SS cleaving.  It could be just trinket procs but we do heroic and mythic every week so I've also tried both cases and it still seems epidemic excels at 4+ targets, maybe even 3.

Not sure to be honest, things like that needs to be tested on your own because it depends of your items / weapon / trinkets and find  out what works better for you. Usually Death and Decay combined with Scourge Strike / Clawing Shadows should be doing better than just Epidemic.