FORUMS
Damien

Unholy Death Knight 7.3

Guest Gamul

To avoid selecting and pulling boss with pet during pre-pull/rp pooling, simply turn around, pool and turn back as the pull is about to happen. Even DnD was selecting boss as I clicked it even when I didn't have boss selected.

Hello Tegu,

My name is Jack and i'm a 13/13 Mythic hfc exp raider, but i need help.

I am planing on rerolling unholy/frost DK for legion. But i have some problems, i've always wanted to play DK but i never understood the runes system. Like how do you know when to use runes and when to use your runic power. I know you should have 3 recharging at all times but i have a lot of downtime because i use all 5 really fast, is this normal? and then i have nothing to press for 1-5 seconds. if not can you please help me. I would like to know when i should use my runes so i don't waste them and get downtime and things like at how many runes should i use festering strike and clawing shadows. Thanks hopefully you can help me.

On 20/07/2016 at 0:54 PM, baconinja said:

Haste is more important as the GCD on DKs was changed from 1s flat, to 1.5s scaling to 1.0 at 50% and .75s at 100%. It allows you to perform more actions in a set amount of time. On top of that, it increases your rune regeneration rate, which also increases your runic power generation. It makes for much less downtime overall. The biggest change to make haste better was the GCD change though, to my knowledge.

GCD can be now reduced below 1s? That is new, although it is not very likely that we are going to hit anything above 50%, without procs and/or TW, due to DR.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guest Gamul said:

To avoid selecting and pulling boss with pet during pre-pull/rp pooling, simply turn around, pool and turn back as the pull is about to happen. Even DnD was selecting boss as I clicked it even when I didn't have boss selected.

That's a new one, good to know.

4 hours ago, Jac2925 said:

Hello Tegu,

My name is Jack and i'm a 13/13 Mythic hfc exp raider, but i need help.

I am planing on rerolling unholy/frost DK for legion. But i have some problems, i've always wanted to play DK but i never understood the runes system. Like how do you know when to use runes and when to use your runic power. I know you should have 3 recharging at all times but i have a lot of downtime because i use all 5 really fast, is this normal? and then i have nothing to press for 1-5 seconds. if not can you please help me. I would like to know when i should use my runes so i don't waste them and get downtime and things like at how many runes should i use festering strike and clawing shadows. Thanks hopefully you can help me.

With somewhat good gear and haste your runes should be re-charging fast. Usually you want to prioritize runes over Death Coils as long as you are not going to cap Runic Power or if your Dark Transformation's duration expires then you want to  throw more Death Coils in order to reduce the cooldown of DT. Unholy works pretty much same way as any other class, there is priority list which you should follow and it is been explained in the rotation sections. Festering Strike isn't dependant on  how many runes you have but more about how many Festering Wounds your target has, something you should try avoiding capping outside of Dark Arbiter cast. If you have Festering Wounds, if your disease is up then you should use Clawing Shadows outside of Dark Arbiter. During Dark Arbiter it's all about festering Strike since  it gives you the most runic power in 15 seconds window.

2 hours ago, simpetar said:

GCD can be now reduced below 1s? That is new, although it is not very likely that we are going to hit anything above 50%, without procs and/or TW, due to DR.

GCD caps at 0.750ms but could happen only during Bloodlust.

9 hours ago, baconinja said:

Uhhh, you mean .750s, or 750ms, right?

.750, 0.750 whatever is easier for you less than a second ofc.

Does anybody have an idea if Death Coil cast during Sudden Doom contributes to Dark Arbiter damage /  Runic Corruption? It sure did in the past, but from ingame testing I could not see any conclusive result. Technically, during the free cast, RP is not spent.

9 minutes ago, simpetar said:

Does anybody have an idea if Death Coil cast during Sudden Doom contributes to Dark Arbiter damage /  Runic Corruption? It sure did in the past, but from ingame testing I could not see any conclusive result. Technically, during the free cast, RP is not spent.

Sudden doom procs count for Dark Arbiter and Runic Corruption.

3 minutes ago, lambot said:

One of the methods Build up Runic Power before the pull

That's a good video for showing you how to build RP fast. Sadly they are gonna nerf Epidemic's RP pre-pull soon pretty sure.

Guest Zalasta

Ok, I'm sure there's a better place to get this answered, and I feel kind of silly bringing these issues up, but here goes.

I feel rune starved a lot of the time, and I'm not entirely sure why.  I'm sticking to the laid out rotation, but after about 45 seconds, I'm out of RP, and have upwards of 3 seconds wait for a rune.  Am I missing something, or is this expected?

7 minutes ago, Guest Zalasta said:

Ok, I'm sure there's a better place to get this answered, and I feel kind of silly bringing these issues up, but here goes.

I feel rune starved a lot of the time, and I'm not entirely sure why.  I'm sticking to the laid out rotation, but after about 45 seconds, I'm out of RP, and have upwards of 3 seconds wait for a rune.  Am I missing something, or is this expected?

Well depends  what your gear looks like, i find unholy somewhat fast spec with  haste, you could have some downtime especially if you get a bit unlucky with Runic Corruption procs but that's part of the game. It's normal after your initial burst things to slow down.

2 hours ago, Tegu said:

Well depends  what your gear looks like, i find unholy somewhat fast spec with  haste, you could have some downtime especially if you get a bit unlucky with Runic Corruption procs but that's part of the game. It's normal after your initial burst things to slow down.

in additions if you are sorta lower gear leveled you may want to play with soul reaper as your lvl 100 talent especially if you don't have ring. you basically get a near perm 15% increase to haste which helps those runes alot. granted hfc got nerfed to oblivion but if your group isn't burning down bosses in under a minute and you feel starved you may want to sit on soul reaper anyways. dark arbiter is a big burst cannon which is always favored at the end of expansion but if bosses aren't melting, then you may favor more constant dps to the burst

2 hours ago, Tegu said:

Sudden doom procs count for Dark Arbiter and Runic Corruption.

That's a good video for showing you how to build RP fast. Sadly they are gonna nerf Epidemic's RP pre-pull soon pretty sure.

might be repeat, haven't read every topic here. you can also on a couple fights pre pull runic power. examples are iron reaver and archimonde. you have damaging goop on the battlefield, pop ams and jump in, and you'll get some free rp there. be careful though, i've heard of sludge belcher acting up if you take damage pre pull.

39 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

might be repeat, haven't read every topic here. you can also on a couple fights pre pull runic power. examples are iron reaver and archimonde. you have damaging goop on the battlefield, pop ams and jump in, and you'll get some free rp there. be careful though, i've heard of sludge belcher acting up if you take damage pre pull.

Actually i don't think that you get Runic Power from Kormrok and Achimonde's green pools anymore, same thing with Iron Reaver probably fixed or gives close to nothing. Just do the epidemic pre-pull like it's shown in the video above, it's the fastest way there is right now.

11 minutes ago, Tegu said:

Actually i don't think that you get Runic Power from Kormrok and Achimonde's green pools anymore, same thing with Iron Reaver probably fixed or gives close to nothing, Just do the epidemic pre-pull like it's shown in the video above, it's the fastest way there is right now.

really? hrm, swear I did. I run the spell eater talent though so maybe the extra marination time helped out. i'll need to double check that. but between that and the epidemic method, i'd swear i had close to 100 rp before iron reaver. but again, will double check :)

Guest lonvass

It is important to note that, when using Scourge Strike IconScourge Strike/Clawing Shadows IconClawing Shadows while you are standing on top of your own Death and Decay IconDeath and Decay/Defile IconDefile, these abilities cleave everything in range of your primary target. If you are using Clawing Shadows (which has a 30-yard range), you can drop Death and Decay/Defile at your feet and cleave adds that are within 30 yards of your position, as long as you are standing on top of Death and Decay/Defile.

is false - ss and cs have a 8yard cleave radius

51 minutes ago, Guest lonvass said:

is false - ss and cs have a 8yard cleave radius

Actually isn't false, if you drop death and decay at your feet ( which gives you the cleave mechanic for 10 seconds ) you can cleave targets that are within 30 yards in your range as long as your primary target is  around the adds which you want to AoE. Easy to try it out, simply go out of your garrison and check it out on dummys or in Warspear. Make sure there is at least 1 or more targets around your primary target go 30 yards away from the main dummy, drop death and decay at your feet and you would see that Clawing Shadows Cleaves.

http://imgur.com/a/8QDdU - You can see the number of hits from Clawing Shadows on the right side.

What you say is also true but they are two completely different things.

Hey folks,

New to the unholy dk and I have a question about Blood elf vs Undead. I know Undead has touch of the grave and the unholy DK has dread blade, do these two things play well with each other to be worth it? Or is the Blood elf still better?

Thank you.

Question: Trinket BIS. If Haste>Crit - why is Skull of War BIS for UH 7.0? This makes no sense. For a Haste build you should be running vial and rumbling pebble. OR - Heirloom. I'm a bit confused here.

2 hours ago, Orlandu said:

Hey folks,

New to the unholy dk and I have a question about Blood elf vs Undead. I know Undead has touch of the grave and the unholy DK has dread blade, do these two things play well with each other to be worth it? Or is the Blood elf still better?

Thank you.

Never played Undead  so i can't really answer that question but regardless Blood Elf is superior.

2 hours ago, DYCS said:

Question: Trinket BIS. If Haste>Crit - why is Skull of War BIS for UH 7.0? This makes no sense. For a Haste build you should be running vial and rumbling pebble. OR - Heirloom. I'm a bit confused here.

Crit is actually close to Haste when it comes down to single target dmg also Skull of War gives you a bit more strength and almost double stat 3k crit vs 1600 haste. I have been thinking to try out Vial on bosses like Iron Reaver but i couldn't do it last week, either way it's gonna be close and crit might give you more value  for Dark Arbiter than haste. When you have trinkets like Skull of War and Stone of the Elements everything else falls behind in terms of dps  except the  30 seconds bosses which can go either way depending on procs, rng etc. I believe that the Heirloom trinket might be better than Skull of War at Mannoroth and Archimonde just because you can extend its duration by killing adds. And to add a few words to rumbling pebble well, let's just say that the fights in HFC doesn't last much to  have any value from low passive stats compared to 2k str proc or 3k crit. I can only suggest to try out for yourself what works better for you since each trinket interacts differently with your gear, talents and how fast your guild kills the bosses.

7 hours ago, Tegu said:

Crit is actually close to Haste when it comes down to single target dmg also Skull of War gives you a bit more strength and almost double stat 3k crit vs 1600 haste. I have been thinking to try out Vial on bosses like Iron Reaver but i couldn't do it last week, either way it's gonna be close and crit might give you more value  for Dark Arbiter than haste. When you have trinkets like Skull of War and Stone of the Elements everything else falls behind in terms of dps  except the  30 seconds bosses which can go either way depending on procs, rng etc. I believe that the Heirloom trinket might be better than Skull of War at Mannoroth and Archimonde just because you can extend its duration by killing adds. And to add a few words to rumbling pebble well, let's just say that the fights in HFC doesn't last much to  have any value from low passive stats compared to 2k str proc or 3k crit. I can only suggest to try out for yourself what works better for you since each trinket interacts differently with your gear, talents and how fast your guild kills the bosses.

If this is the case - where can I find the actual stat weights for 7.0 (numbers)? (AND THANKS!)

Edited by DYCS

I don't have the exact values right now @DYCS pretty sure they have changed for HFC fast kills, I'm gonna write them down once i get new results.

Guest varro

necrosis combined with bursting sores, seem alot better tbh

13 minutes ago, Guest varro said:

necrosis combined with bursting sores, seem alot better tbh

If you think that way go for it, unfortunately that's not the case.