FORUMS
Damien

Arms Warrior 7.3

2 hours ago, Guest wtfsham said:

Why is there a shaman writing an Arms warrior guide? Can someone link his WARRIOR armory??

Whilst the class I main seems largely irrelevant as to whether I am able to capably understand and explain a class and it's mechanics given a lot is generated from Beta and Simulation experience, you can find my warrior(s) here: Warrior 1, Warrior 2

Guest Thain

Hello there!

Is it possible to get a Pawn String for the stats values in Arms and Fury? Seems like the values you have here are very different from the ones over on Noxxic, i use their string atm i lack for a more proper one.

I also have a question what the priority is between FR and Slam, do you completely ignore Slam until you have 3 stacks of FR?
Im currently having a problem with "finding" the correct use and amount of use for FR over Slam, rather new to the "newer" style of Arms but a long time Fury player.

Thanks in advance for the response =)

On 05/09/2016 at 0:48 AM, Guest Thain said:

Hello there!

Is it possible to get a Pawn String for the stats values in Arms and Fury? Seems like the values you have here are very different from the ones over on Noxxic, i use their string atm i lack for a more proper one.

I also have a question what the priority is between FR and Slam, do you completely ignore Slam until you have 3 stacks of FR?
Im currently having a problem with "finding" the correct use and amount of use for FR over Slam, rather new to the "newer" style of Arms but a long time Fury player.

Thanks in advance for the response =)

The weights in the gear section used in the item comparison should serve for a Focused Rage build at a basic level, they will differ from Noxxic mostly because they have not got up to date information on Focused Rage, which heavily weights mastery, which leads to inaccurate results.

The use of FR vs. Slam is mostly that Slam should only be used if you can comfortably fit it in without impacting Focused Rage, which is the more important skill to make use of. Powering up your next Mortal Strike to feed into Shattered Defenses will always take priority over Slam which is quite inconsequential, and mostly used for the reset effect.

Guest KyleDrogo

First off, just wanted to say thanks for the great guide!

So I'm planning on maining the FR arms build for raiding but I'm wondering whether I can use fury as my AoE/trash pulls/off-spec. I think fury's AoE damage seems more consistent, pull to pull, and the ability to freely swap between specs saves me gold from purchasing Codexes of the Tranquil Mind. I was wondering if you think this idea is workable and what would be the best fury spec if I entirely focus the bulid around AoE damage. Currently, I'm leaning towards a Bloodbath/Dragon Roar build because the cooldowns line up so well and can be used consistently every pull but was wondering if Frothing Berserker might actually be viable.  Any input would be appreciated!

21 hours ago, Guest KyleDrogo said:

First off, just wanted to say thanks for the great guide!

So I'm planning on maining the FR arms build for raiding but I'm wondering whether I can use fury as my AoE/trash pulls/off-spec. I think fury's AoE damage seems more consistent, pull to pull, and the ability to freely swap between specs saves me gold from purchasing Codexes of the Tranquil Mind. I was wondering if you think this idea is workable and what would be the best fury spec if I entirely focus the bulid around AoE damage. Currently, I'm leaning towards a Bloodbath/Dragon Roar build because the cooldowns line up so well and can be used consistently every pull but was wondering if Frothing Berserker might actually be viable.  Any input would be appreciated!

It's an interesting idea and could work, going down the route of Bloodlbath/Dragon Roar/Carnage to push out the most AoE damage would probably serve you best. I'd still avoid Frothing Berserker though.

Guest Vikz

Just a few things I wanted to check about talent synergies and quirks. 

1. Does Dauntless still contribute the original rage expenditure values to Tactician, or only the thereby 20% reduced costs? (I.e. does it have no inherent/direct bonus to Tactician rate over time? Similarly, does Deadly Calm contribute to Tactician or Anger Management while causing abilities done during Battle Cry to cost no rage? (I realize the latter can be easily tested; just wanted the answer up for others.)

2. Does Opportunity Strikes have a chance based on the enemy struck by the attack potentially triggering it, or based on your actual current target (in which case I should always be targeting the lowest health enemy)? 

3. Even without Fervor of Battle, is there a point in target %HP at which the tripled chance of Opportunity Strikes outweighs the greater rage efficiency of Slam? 

5 hours ago, Guest Vikz said:

Just a few things I wanted to check about talent synergies and quirks. 

1. Does Dauntless still contribute the original rage expenditure values to Tactician, or only the thereby 20% reduced costs? (I.e. does it have no inherent/direct bonus to Tactician rate over time? Similarly, does Deadly Calm contribute to Tactician or Anger Management while causing abilities done during Battle Cry to cost no rage? (I realize the latter can be easily tested; just wanted the answer up for others.)

2. Does Opportunity Strikes have a chance based on the enemy struck by the attack potentially triggering it, or based on your actual current target (in which case I should always be targeting the lowest health enemy)? 

3. Even without Fervor of Battle, is there a point in target %HP at which the tripled chance of Opportunity Strikes outweighs the greater rage efficiency of Slam? 

1. Dauntless still allows the original cost to calculate Tactician yes, as does Deadly Calm, and both contribute in the same way toward Anger Management.

2. The damaging attack will trigger Opportunity Strikes on the target it hits, and each hit has its own individual chance to trigger (so, for example, Whirlwind can hit 3 times potentially on each target).

3. Without Fervor of Battle, no, it isn't worth banking entirely upon the Opportunity Strikes effect to switch into Whirlwind.

Guest End User

Ive been wondering, Is the priorities still Mastery>Haste>Versa?

9 hours ago, Guest End User said:

Ive been wondering, Is the priorities still Mastery>Haste>Versa?

The guide currently lists the priorities as:

1. Mastery;
  2. Strength;
  3. Versatility;
  4. Haste;
  5. Critical Strike.

Guest chris

Thanks for the guide, its been a big help.

During execute phase do I use execute? In a few places the guide lists it as an important phase, yet it says with FR I don't use execute. Without FR I'm not sure I use execute either. Can you elaborate what I do at 20% boss health?

This guide is absolutely excellent. Following stat priorities and weights, I have yet to see another person top my single target damage when I have at least average RNG with tactician. It's also funny to see an 825 piece of gear heavily out-stat an 850 by far. However, the results definitely match the weights, so it can't be helped.

10/10 guide, keep up the great work.

6 hours ago, Guest chris said:

Thanks for the guide, its been a big help.

During execute phase do I use execute? In a few places the guide lists it as an important phase, yet it says with FR I don't use execute. Without FR I'm not sure I use execute either. Can you elaborate what I do at 20% boss health?

Without Focused Rage, you should be executing when your Rage allows (whilst keeping MS/CS on cooldown), it basically fills up slots you'd fill with Slam.

Should I prioritize using Colossus Smash on cd over consuming every Shattered Defense charge? Also how good is Mastery compared to strength? Got a belt that would give me +165 strength but I'd lose ~200 mastery for that, which is roughly only 1% extra damage from the CS debuff.

I did have one question regarding trinkets. How would Impact Tremor fare vs a WQ Mastery trinket 5 ilevels below the Impact Tremor? I'm not really sure how good the trinket is. In about 1 minute, it seemed to proc once, however, I'm not sure if it would overcome a WQ Mastery trinket.

On 11/09/2016 at 8:14 AM, Guest chris said:

thanks. and with focused rage?

With Focused Rage, Execute pretty much entirely leaves the rotation unless you're using the Legendary Ring.

11 hours ago, Asnor said:

Should I prioritize using Colossus Smash on cd over consuming every Shattered Defense charge? Also how good is Mastery compared to strength? Got a belt that would give me +165 strength but I'd lose ~200 mastery for that, which is roughly only 1% extra damage from the CS debuff.

You should ideally be consuming Shattered Defenses yes, unless you are exceptionally unlucky with resets this should be doable. If not I would delay the re-cast on Colossus Smash slightly to make use of it. Mastery is a good bit better than Strength as of the last time I ran sims on it, but if you're gaining that much Strength you're likely to be gaining other stats in the process that will make it more valuable, I suspect.

4 hours ago, MoocowTheGodly said:

I did have one question regarding trinkets. How would Impact Tremor fare vs a WQ Mastery trinket 5 ilevels below the Impact Tremor? I'm not really sure how good the trinket is. In about 1 minute, it seemed to proc once, however, I'm not sure if it would overcome a WQ Mastery trinket.

They've only recently been implemented in SimC, but from what I can tell the Physical versions of the Su'esh quest trinkets are fairly lackluster. When the remaining trinkets that are not implemented are updated I'll make sure to do a fresh sim on trinkets, which should be within the week~

Guest Grelle

Hi all. I found message there which says, "noxxic didn't up to date and its stat priority is not right for FR" or smth.

So can you tell me, where I can take stat weights for Pawn? 

And would someone would be please and explain what should I do on pack of enemy?? When there are two of them, I just damage to one. When there are three or more - it is Artifact ability, BC, Bladestorm. If cooldown - Cleave, whirlwind... and what should I do then Cleave on cooldown? Just whirlwind? Just solotarget rotation? I stack trying to decide what to do.

Guest CojBWR

Will FR build still be the best single target dps for arms specs after nerf of FR?

14 hours ago, Guest Grelle said:

Hi all. I found message there which says, "noxxic didn't up to date and its stat priority is not right for FR" or smth.

So can you tell me, where I can take stat weights for Pawn? 

I would recommend reading the guide's section on Stat Weights in the DPS Gear/Legendaries/BiS page.

Just now, Guest Luncan said:

needs to be updated badly

Please feel free to give us a detailed explanation of what you believe to be wrong and needs to be changed. Comments like this are useless and will generally be ignored if there is no follow up of a proper comment.

2 hours ago, Guest CojBWR said:

Will FR build still be the best single target dps for arms specs after nerf of FR?

Yes, the nerf to FR was likely all things considered somewhere in the region of 5-7%~ total which isn't enough to bring it below other builds.

1 hour ago, Guest Luncan said:

needs to be updated badly

There's nothing that has changed in the way it plays aside from Focused Rage taking a hit, but not enough that it would actually alter the gameplay in any meaningful way as far as I can currently tell. That aside however, that change did come only a few hours ago so something might show up later in the week.