FORUMS
Damien

Arms Warrior 7.3

On 07/07/2017 at 4:01 PM, Guest Retwar said:

Was literally about to say the same thing. Even on Mistress, on normal and heroic difficulty, I find myself using rend over trauma/fob. I was also blown away to see that "this is not taken" under ravager. This talent is INSANE with t20 + helm on certain fights. I find myself using rend/tm/ravager on more fights than not just because of how cooldowns line up.

Just posted above but, I'm passing this on to WU to review and update :)

I'm very confused by the Stat Priority page.

The changelog states:

14 Jun. 2017: Updated to cover Critical Strike surpassing Strength and Breakpoint notes

(Bold emphasis mine)

But the stat priority says:

The stat priority for Arms Warrior is:

1. Mastery;
  2. Haste;
  3. Versatility;
  4. Strength;
  5. Critical Strike.

(Bold emphasis mine)

The changelog seems to Indicate that Critical Strike should now be above Strength (implied via the word surpassing).

So which is it? Is Strength now the last stat priority in the list?? Or is the changelog note wrong?

On 15/07/2017 at 4:04 AM, wsuhoey said:

So which is it? Is Strength now the last stat priority in the list?? Or is the changelog note wrong?

Asking WU - will let you know.

On 07/07/2017 at 3:38 PM, Valraz said:

I feel the guide isn't really reflecting the right talents for ToS.

Going through the best performing Arms warriors in both Heroic and Mythic (WarcraftLogs), we see the following:

1) Only against Mistress Sassz'ine and Desolate Host are we seeing a high usage of Trauma. On all of the other bosses, players tend to favor Rend heavily.

2) FoB has been consistently replaced by Titanic Might, to the point that I'd question the viability of the talent for raids.

3) There is quite a high usage of Ravager, especially on fights with adds. There is also the odd case of people taking it in single target fights like Gorgoth and performing well, which leads me to believe the talent is quite more viable than the guide leads to believe.

Thoughts?

From WU:
1 - I've found similar, there's a lot of unimportant AoE/Cleave that isn't necessary for Arms to contribute to with Trauma when Sweeping Strikes covers it, Trauma is primarily linked to Fervor being good.

2 - Fervor is theoreitcally the best, but from experience & looking through other players, it's not as realistic to play with compared to Titanic Might/Rend so I've put those as recommended and noted as such on the pages - eventually will phase out if the theory is never reached (which I suspect comes down to how unreliable Fervor Rage generation is).

3 - Ravager being used on cleave & AoE fights make sense, I've found with the pure ST fights however that it tends to be an out of bounds pull that has made it look better than it is - i.e. the talent tier isn't impactful enough that unusual circumstances like this can occur. In the same way as FoB vs. Titanic Might, you're gambling on Ravager playing well and getting procs within it vs. not, and has a somewhat heavy reliance on the legendary helm.

Guest Buggerlugs

Hi, I am new to the class, I was wondering if their is a pawn string for the Arms warrior?

Also, I am going to PvP quite a bit on him, is there many differences in stat priority from raiding to pvp?

Cheers,

Buggerlugs

15 hours ago, Guest Buggerlugs said:

Hi, I am new to the class, I was wondering if their is a pawn string for the Arms warrior?

You'll find your stat weights/pawn string most accurately using https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/stats :)

As for PvP, there is no longer any gear in it. Simply go for as much item level as possible.

Guest Guest

You have 2 number traits labeled as 12 on the artifact layout for arms warrior.

On 22/07/2017 at 7:54 PM, Guest Guest said:

You have 2 number traits labeled as 12 on the artifact layout for arms warrior.

This is because you can select either Touch of Zakajz or Tactical Advance - it's personal preference.

21 hours ago, Reebok said:

How are feeling about the `Legendary` section given the most recent changes to the Ayala's Stone Heart and The Great Storm's Eye?

Not great.  I think this is the 3rd time that Ayala's has been nerfed.  Being an Arm's Warrior in this expansion has been annoying in terms of our spec specific legendaries.  Just my opinion.  Yours may vary.

3 hours ago, Wheatbee said:

Not great.  I think this is the 3rd time that Ayala's has been nerfed.  Being an Arm's Warrior in this expansion has been annoying in terms of our spec specific legendaries.  Just my opinion.  Yours may vary.

Did some research - Ayala's/Helm/Gloves are going to be BiS with some combination of the three depending on the fight and build you are using. Waiting for Wordup to update, so keep an eye out for that. Helm is most likely to drop, with Ayala/Gloves being BiS, but will wait for the full testing by WU to be complete.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blainie said:

Did some research - Ayala's/Helm/Gloves are going to be BiS with some combination of the three depending on the fight and build you are using. Waiting for Wordup to update, so keep an eye out for that. Helm is most likely to drop, with Ayala/Gloves being BiS, but will wait for the full testing by WU to be complete.

Thanks for this.  Looking forward to seeing the results as my skills at theory crafting are sub par at best. 

18 hours ago, Wheatbee said:

Thanks for this.  Looking forward to seeing the results as my skills at theory crafting are sub par at best. 

It most likely won't be too dramatic of a change, but I'm sure we'll see things move around slightly at the top. Just don't go deleting the gloves/helm yet! :p

Guest Monkey

Could we please have an update on this topic soon, it's crazy outdated now with the leggo nerfs and the fact that Rend/TM/Ravanger also seems to have popped up as a strong rival raid build...

On 27/07/2017 at 0:18 PM, Guest Monkey said:

Could we please have an update on this topic soon, it's crazy outdated now with the leggo nerfs and the fact that Rend/TM/Ravanger also seems to have popped up as a strong rival raid build...

I'll ask WU what is planned to be updated and let you know. We do already suggest Ravager as a completely viable talent, especially when combined with the legendary, but I'll see if we can re-evaluate based on current logs.

Guest Mohawk

Regarding the use of Mortal Strike after 2 stacks of Executioner's Precision, I find that at times I am rage starved enough that after 2 stacks are applied and the GCD resets I still do not have enough rage to cast Mortal Strike, but do have enough for another Execute. My question is this: should I wait until I have enough rage for that Mortal Strike, or go ahead and cast Execute again?

Guest stat hard caps

What are the hard caps for the arms stat priority?

On 7/31/2017 at 5:49 PM, Guest Mohawk said:

Regarding the use of Mortal Strike after 2 stacks of Executioner's Precision, I find that at times I am rage starved enough that after 2 stacks are applied and the GCD resets I still do not have enough rage to cast Mortal Strike, but do have enough for another Execute. My question is this: should I wait until I have enough rage for that Mortal Strike, or go ahead and cast Execute again?

Asking WU.

On 7/27/2017 at 7:18 PM, Guest Monkey said:

This has all been updated now to reflect any changes.

Guest Kdmurray

I have a 895 relinquished titanforged Arcano crystal+socket. I dont have the legendary helm for arms but i have KJ trinket and a raidfinder engine with a socket not sure which two trinket i should be using iam also using the execute ring heres my armory, also not sure what talents  i should be using now with the 4 piece everyone seems to be using ravager. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/misha/kdmurray

On 8/10/2017 at 11:51 PM, Guest Kdmurray said:

I have a 895 relinquished titanforged Arcano crystal+socket. I dont have the legendary helm for arms but i have KJ trinket and a raidfinder engine with a socket not sure which two trinket i should be using iam also using the execute ring heres my armory, also not sure what talents  i should be using now with the 4 piece everyone seems to be using ravager. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/misha/kdmurray

If you are still wondering on this, I'd recommend using: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot

It is a simplified, easier-to-use SimC that performs in browser.

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not. 

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!