FORUMS
Damien

Arms Warrior 7.3

On 9/13/2016 at 8:29 AM, Guest Grelle said:

Hi all. I found message there which says, "noxxic didn't up to date and its stat priority is not right for FR" or smth.

So can you tell me, where I can take stat weights for Pawn? 

And would someone would be please and explain what should I do on pack of enemy?? When there are two of them, I just damage to one. When there are three or more - it is Artifact ability, BC, Bladestorm. If cooldown - Cleave, whirlwind... and what should I do then Cleave on cooldown? Just whirlwind? Just solotarget rotation? I stack trying to decide what to do.

Can someone talk about AoE as Arms? I saw that after Charge -> Artefakt ->Avatar-> BS -> BC -> Cleave ->3x WW->Cleave... or what, cause i have still problem in Mythic with AoE dps. All DH, Rogues has more than 350k dps and im stucking on lower lvl.

thank You

6 minutes ago, Thellion said:

Can someone talk about AoE as Arms? I saw that after Charge -> Artefakt ->Avatar-> BS -> BC -> Cleave ->3x WW->Cleave... or what, cause i have still problem in Mythic with AoE dps. All DH, Rogues has more than 350k dps and im stucking on lower lvl.

thank You

Quoted directly from the guide:

2. Multiple-Target Rotation

At 2-3 targets, the rotation remains the same, but switching talents to Sweeping Strikes Icon Sweeping Strikes is highly recommended. You also replace Slam Icon Slam with Whirlwind Icon Whirlwind at all times, even without Fervor of Battle Icon Fervor of Battle.

Against multiple targets, Arms favours using Cleave Icon Cleave to empower Whirlwind Icon Whirlwind in place of Single Target filler skills.

2.1. 4+ Target AoE

1. Cast  Icon Warbreaker.
  2. Cast Bladestorm Icon Bladestorm with  Icon Warbreaker active.
  3. Cast Cleave Icon Cleave.
  4. Cast Whirlwind Icon Whirlwind.

Try to stack all available cooldowns with Bladestorm Icon Bladestorm as frequently as possible alongside the  Icon Warbreaker effect for high bursts of damage.

Some classes are simply better than others at cleaving.

so it seems, that im doing right, but we are not AoE class like fury. Depends on talent sweeping strike. Anyway Dauntless is better to the whole build. Which DPS do you have with this FR build on trash in Mythic Dungeons? Cause i want to help more in trash when we are doing M+

Edited by Thellion

33 minutes ago, Thellion said:

so it seems, that im doing right, but we are not AoE class like fury. Depends on talent sweeping strike. Anyway Dauntless is better to the whole build. Which DPS do you have with this FR build on trash in Mythic Dungeons? Cause i want to help more in trash when we are doing mythic+ :/

I don't play a Warrior currently, so I don't know exact numbers that people pull. 

I would recommend looking at the Dungeons and Raids build that Wordup suggests. It probably will work better in M+ if you want more trash damage. 

Guest Naruyn
22 hours ago, Guest Jaypie said:

It's pretty simple...

Your "Rotation" is keep CS and MS on CD.

While those spells are on CD you have to spend your Rage with the priority : FR until 3 Stacks > Slam > Harmstring

You have to ensure, that you have enough rage to use your next MS when it comes of CD. (Track you Swingtimer or do Heroic Charge)

If you are out of rage, just Autohit, just ensure you can pull off your next MS

Macroing FR with Harmstring makes no sense. You will get ragestarved a lot if u do this. Use Harmstring when u have 3 Stacks of FR up and still to much rage to dump while spammen slams.

It's important that you spent as much rage as you can, so you pull out more spells(more dmg) and reset your CS/MS Cooldown but not so much rage that you can't use your next MS.

Arms is all about Ragemanagement.

Fury won't be viable until they change that +30% damage taken bullshit.

Thank you for your help, I'll try to get better at Arms. About that macro, idk where I saw someone saying to do that and I tried rs. Cya

4 minutes ago, Guest Naruyn said:

Thank you for your help, I'll try to get better at Arms. About that macro, idk where I saw someone saying to do that and I tried rs. Cya

The macro is correct, but ONLY when in Battle Cry and if you have the talent Deadly Calm. 

Guest Iweryn

So, since the changes are out, how does it look with arms warr ?

Guest Sparky

What are the stat weights for the advanced dps build?(with numbers)

7 hours ago, Guest Iweryn said:

So, since the changes are out, how does it look with arms warr ?

I believe Fury and Arms are much closer together now in DPS, at least on single target. 

What's up with the gearing section? there's an agility trinket there.

Also I'm wondering if my two 835/840 mastery trinkets should be taken over mythic trinkets.

Thanks.

Guest TallyHo

Has there been any second look at the Titanic Might ability post-tuning?

My understanding beforehand was the size of our burst damage in the rage-free BC window was more than compensating for trying to "normalize" the damage using Titanic Might, even accounting for periods of Tactician refusing to proc. 

Since our MS is hitting for less, our overall chance to proc Tactician is (slightly) less, and we lost the option of Hamstring helping to proc during the Deadly Calm window; is it possible Titanic Might is falling into a viable talent choice?

2 hours ago, Tank said:

What's up with the gearing section? there's an agility trinket there.

Also I'm wondering if my two 835/840 mastery trinkets should be taken over mythic trinkets.

Thanks.

This is an error. Noted and reported to Wordup, will get it updated.

As for your trinkets, I can't help unless I know what your trinkets are.

6 minutes ago, Guest TallyHo said:

Has there been any second look at the Titanic Might ability post-tuning?

It's a huge DPS loss compared to Deadly Calm. 

I've fixed the issue with the trinket (grabbing world quests for stat sticks is a bit awkward with the wide spread of them :p ) and also updated the FR rotation for the new situation with Execute.

Guest Slakker

Under 4. Important Procs on Page 2, you show tactician at the old .65 per rage.

Guest Aoshi849

Is my simcraft broken or what... I have 85% mastery and 17% haste yet its telling me my weighted scales that haste outweighs mastery as arms.  Is this correct? Wouldnt mastery out weigh everything and all ALWAYS

Guest Harambelyfe

ok so ive looked through the guide multiple times, but with the recent nerfs im seeing alot of people saying that the new stat priority is str>haste>mastery>versatility>crit. is that correct now? and has the build changed from focus rage now? im just trying to finding some concrete answers on whats going on with arms right now. 

Guest Jaypie
9 hours ago, Guest Harambelyfe said:

ok so ive looked through the guide multiple times, but with the recent nerfs im seeing alot of people saying that the new stat priority is str>haste>mastery>versatility>crit. is that correct now? and has the build changed from focus rage now? im just trying to finding some concrete answers on whats going on with arms right now. 

in my recent sims (iLevel 850, Weapon 879) it's more like

Weapon-DPS (3,6) >>>>>>>> Mastery (1,07) > Haste (1,06) > Str (1,0) > Vers (0,87) > Crit (0,56)

The build shouldn't have changed but im still not confident with wordups priority during 20% phase and some leaking min-maxing.

For me, spamming execute while <20% is more dps than, doing the normal stacking + MS.

2 stacked MS deals less damage than an execute AND costs more rage (and execute also has +15% crit from traits)

I only use Focused Rage <20% if Battle Cry is up, since it's of gCD and MS with 3 Stacks FR is > Execute (but only like 10% DMG and less rage consumotion, since you stacked FR for free during Battly Cry).

Hamstring is also fully missing in that priority. You can spam that while Battle Cry is up, it's not that much damage but it reduces Battly Cry cooldown due to anger management talent.

Bladestorm is also fully missing in that priority. It's more DPS than Slam and you can use that in situations where you've got 3 stacked FR and CD on MS+CS and not at max rage.

20 hours ago, Guest Slakker said:

Under 4. Important Procs on Page 2, you show tactician at the old .65 per rage.

Reported to Wordup, thanks :)

For all comments concerning Haste vs. Mastery in the priority, thanks for the notes guys. I will pass it on to Wordup and see if we can double check everything :)

why are we still using hamstring still

Arms

• Tactician proc rate increased by 15%.
  • Hamstring no longer procs Tactician.
  • Exploit the Weakness (Artifact Trait) bonus reduced to 4% per point

Guest Jaypie
9 hours ago, zegaia said:

Arms

since it's off gcd, costs no rage during  battle cry (deadly calm talent) and reduced the Battle Cry cooldown due to Anger Management talent.

You want to use that while Battle Cry is up (with talented deadly calm)

On 30/09/2016 at 9:49 PM, Guest Aoshi849 said:

Is my simcraft broken or what... I have 85% mastery and 17% haste yet its telling me my weighted scales that haste outweighs mastery as arms.  Is this correct? Wouldnt mastery out weigh everything and all ALWAYS

I haven't been seeing anything similar. If you could pastebin the profile I'd take a look, but I have yet to see a profile that doesn't weight Mastery unless you are extremely close to a small breakpoint beak that over-values it for some particular reason.

9 hours ago, zegaia said:

Arms

It still deals damage (though it's exceptionally negligible), and is completely for free during Battle Cry. That is all, and it's not really something you should worry about at all.