FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Upcoming profession guides - what do you want in them?

Guest WeeWilly

however you do it, I know it will be first class.  Someone already listed the 2 sites that I found/find helpful & use, but knowing you folks, you'll out do them. 

-Wee Willy

• Like 1

I don't want to say too much, but I wanted to share that we have an intern that will work exclusively on profession guides for the next 6 months. There is a lot of development needed, but I think everyone will like what will come out of it smile.png

• Like 4

If you need a beta tester I usually have a lot of free time smile.png

That's great to know. We'll definitely need to test it thoroughly first smile.png

Here are a few things I want to know when reading the guides:

• Materials needed for power-leveling, and where to farm them. As already mentioned, other sites say you will need "c of xxx", but doesn't factor in when the skill doesn't give a 100% chance to skill up.
  • What sort of Items can I be expected to craft when I reach max level to boost my gear, and where can I find the recipes to craft better gear. For example, when I reached max level on my Mage at the start of MoP, I crafted a set of Contender's gear for PvP'ing. Now people craft Crafted Malevolent Gladiator's gear.
  • A list of items that people would normally expect to be sold on AH for profit (Like gems mentioned in the "Gems, Enchants, Professions, and Consumables" sections of class guides)
  • A list of Mounts, Pets, Heirlooms and other utilities that can be crafted. (Where to find recipes)
  • Profession Quests that can be completed (Darkmoon Faire/Tillers/Anglers) to gain skill-ups, or just quests that require the profession.
  • To a lesser extent, indicate which "Binds when equipped" gear can be crafted for lower level toons.
  • For the enchanting guide, I want to know what enchants to use on my heirlooms now that there are no level restrictions.
  • How to get some profession Achievements
  • Like 1

Like what I see so far but the last post on this topic was several months ago. Just wondering if the guide has been completed but would like to see a section correlating the types and qualities of possible mats acquired through sub-professions like Prospecting or Disenchanting. If such a guide already exists, I have been unable to find it so including this info would be helpful to those of us who occasionally let their crafting professions lag behind their gathering professions! In any case, keep up the good work.

What would be really useful especially for gals and guys that use most of the time doing professions for there to have a general map and location of where each item that can be gather in each profession so were not walking around like chickens trying to figure out where everything is. They used to have that, but then focused on grinding lvls and only the high level items it drove me crazy, and they didnt even do a map location for the high level stuff.