FORUMS
Damien

Havoc Demon Hunter 7.3

15 hours ago, Whisla said:

So i meta in into felblade. This generally gets me over half full on fury. So pre pot into meta gets burst upwards of 1.3 mil.

Don't you then have to spend time generating additional fury before being able to properly burst and spend? Anyway, I'll make sure to update you guys as soon as Wordup gets back to me with his additional testing.

Guest the_dad

Blainie, Just wanted to thank you for taking your time answering all comments and keeping the guide up to date. Really enjoy reading the discussions in these comments :)

Cheers, Lukas

9 hours ago, Guest the_dad said:

Blainie, Just wanted to thank you for taking your time answering all comments and keeping the guide up to date. Really enjoy reading the discussions in these comments :)

While I do handle the comments, the guide writing and updates thanks should definitely go to Wordup! He works hard to keep it all running smoothly :D

Thanks for being a part of the site nonetheless and thanks for your kind words :) 

Guest Kubin

Probably worth mentioning that Skardyn's Grace (ilvl 830 TW trinket) is one of our BiS trinkets right now. Should be on the trinket sims for sure. 

Guest Kubin
11 hours ago, Guest Kubin said:

Probably worth mentioning that Skardyn's Grace (ilvl 830 TW trinket) is one of our BiS trinkets right now. Should be on the trinket sims for sure. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand it's nerfed.

On 2/13/2017 at 7:52 AM, Blainie said:

Don't you then have to spend time generating additional fury before being able to properly burst and spend? Anyway, I'll make sure to update you guys as soon as Wordup gets back to me with his additional testing.

No, with demon blades, the mix of legendary ring and enough crit, I can almost always start my rotation right out the gate and hard burst. If you wait you lose a ton of time on target and also will more then likely over cap on fury. If you can get over half of your fury on the initial hit you are good to burst and normally meta will give you enough haste for blades to keep your fury stacked through it.

Guest Cenobites

So I haven't read a lot of the previous posts, so this talent build might of been suggested previously, but some of what I read in the talent suggestions surprised me. I'm an 891 Havoc DH on Lothar, and my toons name is the same as my screen title here so your welcome to check out my gear. I used a completely different build early legion, but then a guildie recommended this build and it increased my damage well over 100k. Well, that was around 870 Item level and currently at 891 in most situations in Nighthold I'm usually top 3 dps and in mythics always number one or two.  Anyway, the Build is as follows:

Tier 1 is Blind Fury

Tier 2 is Demonic Appetite

Tier 3 is Bloodlet (which usually according to my dmg meter is around 3rd or 4th for total damage, but I might try Chaos Cleave ne way)

Tier 4 is Soul Rendering

Tier 5 is yes.. Fel Eruption  (which also gets a bum rap here but it does insane damage with only a 30 sec cooldown)

Tier 6 is Master of the Glaive ( and yes I have the legendary Wrist)

Tier 7 is Demonic

My usual dps in Nighthold starts very high around 1 mill k, but by the end of raid usually settles at 600k.

I was just surprised to come here and see most of my build not recommended. The only reason I feel the need to write all this though is because I respect your site and appreciate any comments others wish to add to assist.  Ive also given this build to other guildies and friends with each one telling me it helped a ton.

My other legendary is the Headpiece which is huge I know.

Thanks for reading and good luck in the wow universe!

On 2/22/2017 at 5:30 AM, Guest Kubin said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand it's nerfed.

Was kind of inevitable - they'd never allow a TW trinket to stay as BiS.

On 2/23/2017 at 10:45 PM, Whisla said:

No, with demon blades, the mix of legendary ring and enough crit, I can almost always start my rotation right out the gate and hard burst. If you wait you lose a ton of time on target and also will more then likely over cap on fury. If you can get over half of your fury on the initial hit you are good to burst and normally meta will give you enough haste for blades to keep your fury stacked through it.

Does that require the ring? Have you tried it without? Might be that we need 2 separate openers if it does require it.

2 hours ago, Guest Cenobites said:

Thanks for reading and good luck in the wow universe!

Just before I give some feedback on this, can you show me a log of you using this build in a raid?

4 hours ago, Blainie said:

Just before I give some feedback on this, can you show me a log of you using this build in a raid?

Sure thing mate. We are running Heroic Nighthold tonight so I'll record the logs and post them right after!

54 minutes ago, Cenobites said:

Sure thing mate. We are running Heroic Nighthold tonight so I'll record the logs and post them right after!

Great, thanks for that :)

On 3/2/2017 at 5:50 AM, Blainie said:

Does that require the ring? Have you tried it without? Might be that we need 2 separate openers if it does require it.

No, it does help but demons blades will almost always proc on the first or second hit. SO with a lust u dont have to worry about gen on pull

Guest Rikoo

Hello guys ,from long time i'm wondering what trinkets should i use for better dps,and here my options:
- [Bloodthirsty Instinct] 890 ilvl
- [Memento of Angerboda] 885 ilvl
- [Entwined Elemental Foci] 900 ilvl
-  [Hunger of the Pack] 885 ilvl+socket

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emeriss/Rikoo/simple

i've Sim. crafted them and the results are 733732 dps with Instinct and Foci,but i dont trust that program so i need your opinion ,Thx.

On 3/12/2017 at 2:11 AM, Whisla said:

No, it does help but demons blades will almost always proc on the first or second hit. SO with a lust u dont have to worry about gen on pull

Will follow up and see if Wordup got any results on the further testing - will let you know ASAP.

9 hours ago, Guest Rikoo said:

i've Sim. crafted them and the results are 733732 dps with Instinct and Foci,but i dont trust that program so i need your opinion ,Thx.

It's correct. Your HotP will be VERY close to the Foci though.

Guest Chanell

Hi

Wy is it still possible to put artifactpower on twinblades talentboard then all traits are done,are there more to approv?

5 hours ago, Guest Chanell said:

Hi

Wy is it still possible to put artifactpower on twinblades talentboard then all traits are done,are there more to approv?

Do you mean once you have the first 34 traits? Or 54?

Guest Hellish

So according to the patch notes feasts get a buff in 7.2, granting a 400 for the cheap and 500 for the expensive main stat buff. Assuming someone's build doesn't overwhelmingly favor crit over agility (like the example/default weights listed on the guide with 1.18 over 1 multipliers), wouldn't the 500 agi feast outperform the 375 crit food?

6 minutes ago, Guest Hellish said:

wouldn't the 500 agi feast outperform the 375 crit food?

This change was noted and discussed by all of our writers - it should be getting added to and updated in the guides very shortly. Almost every spec will now prefer feasts over normal food (not every single one). 

Hey Blainie, 

How quickly Do you think the BIS list will be updated for todays patch? Im still trying to figure out if the new set bonuses are worth it or what to mix and match.

Bigger question I have now is how the legendary bracers compare with the buff and if they make bloodlet the go too for everything. I would like to see what builds with legendaries work better.

24 minutes ago, Whisla said:

How quickly Do you think the BIS list will be updated for todays patch? Im still trying to figure out if the new set bonuses are worth it or what to mix and match.

There likely won't be that much of a change in the BiS until ToS launches - the new patch really didn't change enough to cause major changes in stat priorities etc.

The changes in 7.2 are specifically aimed at artifacts, new traits and legendaries - the legendary stuff is now up-to-date as far as I know! ToS won't launch for a while after the patch, so Wordup probably won't put up a BiS for it until it does.

26 minutes ago, Whisla said:

Bigger question I have now is how the legendary bracers compare with the buff and if they make bloodlet the go too for everything. I would like to see what builds with legendaries work better.

The analysis for the bracers should be up to date, with the 7.2 notes added in concerning the new trait. Despite the changes to the bracers, the blade dance trait will cause FB to be even better in the situations it was before. Low cleave with bracers, Bloodlet is still awesome.

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

ite the changes to the bracers, the blade dance trait will cause FB to be even better in the situations it was before. Low cleave with bracers, Bloodlet is still awesome.

So the 50% extra damage wont account for pushing bloodlet over the top for single target?

42 minutes ago, Whisla said:

So the 50% extra damage wont account for pushing bloodlet over the top for single target?

So, just asked Wordup for his input and basically:

• Got bracers and don't have Bladedancer's Grace? Bloodlet is strong for ST. 
  • Got bracers and do have Bladedancer's Grace? First Blood is best again.
  • Don't have bracers, don't have BD? First Blood. 

Hope this clears it up and corrects where I was wrong :)

Guest Thizzness

I was just wondering, in the rotation it has both Fel Barrage and Chaos Blades which are both talents in the same level tree, is there a way to get both that I am missing or is this a mistake. Which talent is the best choice and what is the correct way to utilize the most DPS in a raid format? Thanks for the input.