FORUMS
Damien

Havoc Demon Hunter 7.3

Guest New 2 Havoc

When using the Demonic build, both the simc APL and the guide here on IV appear to prioritize using Fel Rush for damage/filler over Demon's Bite, even on single target and even without taking Fel Mastery or Momentum.  I don't understand why this is the case as DB, besides doing more damage, also generates fury.   Am I missing something here?

7 hours ago, Guest New 2 Havoc said:

When using the Demonic build, both the simc APL and the guide here on IV appear to prioritize using Fel Rush for damage/filler over Demon's Bite, even on single target and even without taking Fel Mastery or Momentum.  I don't understand why this is the case as DB, besides doing more damage, also generates fury.   Am I missing something here?

The GCD of Fel Rush is nearly non-existant, so you can almost treat it as being "off-GCD".

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

9 hours ago, Whisla said:

@Blainie Do we have a crucible update coming for next week? Trying to decide which path to take for the min/maxer inside me.

Yep, as far as I am aware, a crucible update should be live in time for it going up on servers. Should have recommendations etc. as required.

Guest Hellish

With Critical Strike being far ahead than any other stat for most if not all DHs right now, is it worth to still use the Agility gem, especially with the release of the new epic secondary stat gems?

13 hours ago, Guest Hellish said:

With Critical Strike being far ahead than any other stat for most if not all DHs right now, is it worth to still use the Agility gem, especially with the release of the new epic secondary stat gems?

Will depend entirely on current weights for you. Very likely that epic crit gem will be best for most right now. I'll ask Wordup if we need to change how it is listed.

On 9/9/2017 at 8:15 AM, Guest Hellish said:

Confirming - this should be updated in the guide soon. Crit gem at 200 > Agility gem.

Guest Russillard

I run demonic for mythic plus.  I was wondering about the stat priority.  Alot of the article is very ST build heavy. I feel like less haste seems to be better.  Vers and mastery help so much with eye beam which helps with anguish.  

11 hours ago, Guest Russillard said:

I run demonic for mythic plus.  I was wondering about the stat priority.  Alot of the article is very ST build heavy. I feel like less haste seems to be better.  Vers and mastery help so much with eye beam which helps with anguish.  

We do feature an AoE build in the guide:

2.3. Heavy AoE and Dungeons

Currently a powerful build focused around capitalizing on the Demonic Icon Demonic window for Havoc can be extremely powerful in AoE situations. In particular in Mythic+ with many soul fragments being available, this can be incredibly powerful for consistent AoE.

For the build, it depends on your legendaries, it depends on talents, it depends on your current stats. Use https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/stats and you find the best stat setup for you for AoE, just make sure to set it to 3-5 bosses, and set the time window to a burst window, or sustained, depending on what you want.

Guest Panchow

So the guide for the netherlight crucible was added with a specific weight for most traits.

But how much weight has an iLvl increase in this calculations?

On 18/09/2017 at 5:42 AM, Guest Panchow said:

So the guide for the netherlight crucible was added with a specific weight for most traits.

But how much weight has an iLvl increase in this calculations?

Item Level increase is equal to exactly one weapon item level. If you have a relic worth 50 item level with two 0 level traits, versus a relic with 45 item level and a 5 item level tier 2, and a 4 item level tier 3, then it will be the ideal choice; outshining the other by 4 item levels.

• Like 1

So i recently got the lego soul of the slayer (Gives the first blood talent) of course i went and sim'd my toon and my dps went down quite a bit. Didnt make much sense to me so I thought id just try it out myself and actually saw a pretty big dps increase over the shoulders and belt. I went back to SIM to try and figure out what happened and saw that SC does not take into account having the extra talent. So it will sim my toon with only bloodlet or chaos cleave which obviously is a dps loss and you also basically lose a lego. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

18 hours ago, Whisla said:

So i recently got the lego soul of the slayer (Gives the first blood talent) of course i went and sim'd my toon and my dps went down quite a bit. Didnt make much sense to me so I thought id just try it out myself and actually saw a pretty big dps increase over the shoulders and belt. I went back to SIM to try and figure out what happened and saw that SC does not take into account having the extra talent. So it will sim my toon with only bloodlet or chaos cleave which obviously is a dps loss and you also basically lose a lego. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Just out of interest - does RaidBots recognise the extra talent?

8 hours ago, Blainie said:

Just out of interest - does RaidBots recognise the extra talent?

I would assume so at first glance as it actually uses simcraft. I am not really good with raidbots so dont quote me on that, but when it pulls your character it pulls it from the wow website which will only recognize your selected talent, so when it sims it doesnt know multiple talents on the same row are selected. 

8 hours ago, Whisla said:

I would assume so at first glance as it actually uses simcraft. I am not really good with raidbots so dont quote me on that, but when it pulls your character it pulls it from the wow website which will only recognize your selected talent, so when it sims it doesnt know multiple talents on the same row are selected. 

I've done a little digging and apparently they should be working as intended in the sim. It doesn't show up, but if you select the talent that isn't on the ring, it should automatically add the ring's talent's abilities to your rotation.

Is there a difference in your blade dance damage per usage between simming with and without the ring? Test it and see, with Bloodlet as your "equipped" talent both times. 

Guest Umbracraft

The guide states a stat priority change if you took bloodlet and had mo'arg stabilizers, im playing a havoc dhunter as my alt and i dont have the luxury of legendary selection. I was wondering if it was stated somewhere how the priorities would change?

Guest Corvus

So I was looking at the Crucible traits listing for Havoc and noticed that Secure In The Light is listed as a good defensive option.

Why is that? We don't have any abilities that can trigger the Absorb portion of that trait.

May we please have an update to easy mode? I’m sure things haven’t remained the same with the passing of a few patches that nothing has changed since June. Thank you!

On 10/6/2017 at 9:34 AM, Guest Umbracraft said:

The guide states a stat priority change if you took bloodlet and had mo'arg stabilizers, im playing a havoc dhunter as my alt and i dont have the luxury of legendary selection. I was wondering if it was stated somewhere how the priorities would change?

Where are you seeing this? I can't find it in the guide on the legendary, talents or stats page.

On 10/11/2017 at 1:50 PM, Guest Corvus said:

So I was looking at the Crucible traits listing for Havoc and noticed that Secure In The Light is listed as a good defensive option.

Why is that? We don't have any abilities that can trigger the Absorb portion of that trait.

Asking WU.

On 10/14/2017 at 9:28 PM, Razor64 said:

May we please have an update to easy mode? I’m sure things haven’t remained the same with the passing of a few patches that nothing has changed since June. Thank you!

There's nothing that needs to be updated that I know of. Nothing has changed that affects the basic style of Easy Mode Havoc.

On 10/11/2017 at 1:50 PM, Guest Corvus said:

Any healing, such as orbs from Demonic Appetite, can proc it. 

Guest Amdìr

Here are the weights for the CrucibleWeight Addon. 

cruweight^127829^252191^3.9^201456^1.2^252207^0^252091^2.6^201457^0.4^253111^0^252875^5.6^ilvl^1^201454^0.9^201458^0.4^252922^1.7^201455^4.2^252088^3.6^253093^6^252906^6.9^253070^6^252888^5.2^252799^3.9^201460^1.2^end

4 hours ago, Guest Amdìr said:

Here are the weights for the CrucibleWeight Addon. 

cruweight^127829^252191^3.9^201456^1.2^252207^0^252091^2.6^201457^0.4^253111^0^252875^5.6^ilvl^1^201454^0.9^201458^0.4^252922^1.7^201455^4.2^252088^3.6^253093^6^252906^6.9^253070^6^252888^5.2^252799^3.9^201460^1.2^end

Where are these taken from/based on?