FORUMS
Damien

Vengeance Demon Hunter 7.3

Guest Hue

Your stat priority posted is completely wrong and not viable for high m+ or raiding situations. Versa > Mastery > crit > haste  is significantly stronger.

30 minutes ago, Guest Hue said:

Your stat priority posted is completely wrong and not viable for high m+ or raiding situations. Versa > Mastery > crit > haste  is significantly stronger.

This is for the pre-patch, so M+ is not a factor. However, I am interested where you generated your priority from, since with tanking it's always a fluid process and some have more success with different ones

Given that it seems it's coming from the pin in the Discord, that same post has an addendum that other builds are better in different situations, and that it is purely focused upon Legion. There is however an argument to me made of advantages between multiple stat weights, this was just agreed as the most rounded for the purposes of pre-patch and the updates in Legion will likely reflect that.

Guest Dasuke_

There is a mistake , demon spikes cost 20 pain not 5 

12 hours ago, Guest Dasuke_ said:

There is a mistake , demon spikes cost 20 pain not 5 

That's a tooltip error from wowhead (and maybe other db sites). It costs 5 Pain in game.

no ingame it cost 20 as far as I know , even tooltip ingame say that. gonna look now to confirm between no ingame it cost 20 as far as I know , even tooltip ingame say that. gonna look now to confirm between.

Yes demon spikes cost 20 pain ingame I am at beta now and checking. I don't know where u get 5 pain from sorry

Edited by lvldruid

Guest Felgong

I think your discussion of talents should be more deep. All tiers are tied to some sort of mitigation, even the first as 15% of the fire damage comes back as healing with Charred Warblades, and it helps a lot. Therefore, the only "pure dps" talent of the first tier is Razor Spikes. Agonizing Flames synergises with Immo Aura, that is great for a burst self healing when you're under geared in Heroics or Mythic+ (I'd add too in the starting 110 instances, I felt particularly weak before I had 815 ilvl, but its difficult to have this Artefact trait when you just dinged 110) specially when pulling and its REALLY important for DHs. Abyssal Strike is great for more "sustained" healing if you combine with Flame Crash and awesome in some bosses (1st of Maw, for example, hate that fear, and frankly some pack groups there).

For the second tier, I used Fallout in grps (that deadly first 3 GCDs where we can go from 100 to zero) and Feast for bosses. Burning alive is amazing when you lose control of your char (that mobs that stun you and beat you to death in BRH, for example.

I would also suggest something I did for the Brazilian forums: how each talent interact with each major (golden) trait in the Artefact. Probably everyone will go to FbP and there are two talents that interact nicely with that trait, that is probably what you're gonna have when you reach 110.

just my 2cs.

Guest Kagegami

Also you should also go indepth on how certain things will change what legion is unlocked as well as how certain talents will interact with talents from the artifact weapon, i know this mean for prepatch but covering bases for legion would make this guide a bit helpful for people preparing to look into the talents on the artifact weapon and what route they would like to take as well as which talents would enhance their damage, survivability, or over all flexibility as a vengeance DH.

14 minutes ago, Guest Kagegami said:

Also you should also go indepth on how certain things will change what legion is unlocked as well as how certain talents will interact with talents from the artifact weapon, i know this mean for prepatch but covering bases for legion would make this guide a bit helpful for people preparing to look into the talents on the artifact weapon and what route they would like to take as well as which talents would enhance their damage, survivability, or over all flexibility as a vengeance DH.

You already answered your demand by yourself : "i know this mean for prepatch".

This is a 7.0.3 patch guide as it is mentioned in its title and right now it's being updated frequently for 7.0.3.

All the guides will be updated for Legion when it'll come close.

Guest Xandra

Critical strike holds more priority over haste because DH's main form of sustained tanking comes from the healing of soul fragments. Each soul fragment has a chance to critically heal, and does so very often. Not to mention the additional parry conversion. There's no reason Haste should be first stat priority.

On August 3, 2016 at 10:42 PM, lvldruid said:

no ingame it cost 20 as far as I know , even tooltip ingame say that. gonna look now to confirm between no ingame it cost 20 as far as I know , even tooltip ingame say that. gonna look now to confirm between.

Yes demon spikes cost 20 pain ingame I am at beta now and checking. I don't know where u get 5 pain from sorry

Hey. I just checked in-game now and you are right, it is 20. I'll update the guide. Sorry about that, I didn't have access to the game at the time and went from memory (I remember the tooltip having been long for a while). Thank you!

On August 4, 2016 at 10:24 PM, Guest Felgong said:

I think your discussion of talents should be more deep. All tiers are tied to some sort of mitigation, even the first as 15% of the fire damage comes back as healing with Charred Warblades, and it helps a lot. Therefore, the only "pure dps" talent of the first tier is Razor Spikes. Agonizing Flames synergises with Immo Aura, that is great for a burst self healing when you're under geared in Heroics or Mythic+ (I'd add too in the starting 110 instances, I felt particularly weak before I had 815 ilvl, but its difficult to have this Artefact trait when you just dinged 110) specially when pulling and its REALLY important for DHs. Abyssal Strike is great for more "sustained" healing if you combine with Flame Crash and awesome in some bosses (1st of Maw, for example, hate that fear, and frankly some pack groups there).

For the second tier, I used Fallout in grps (that deadly first 3 GCDs where we can go from 100 to zero) and Feast for bosses. Burning alive is amazing when you lose control of your char (that mobs that stun you and beat you to death in BRH, for example.

I would also suggest something I did for the Brazilian forums: how each talent interact with each major (golden) trait in the Artefact. Probably everyone will go to FbP and there are two talents that interact nicely with that trait, that is probably what you're gonna have when you reach 110.

just my 2cs.

On August 5, 2016 at 8:15 AM, Guest Kagegami said:

As stated by someone else, we will go into detail about all the other talents and abilities, including artifact stuff, but that's for the Legion guide whereas right now the guide is just for the pre-patch. Thank you for all the feedback!

Guest Chkstats

Crit + Mastery = top stats while solo tanking not sure why you guys keep saying haste+mastery, sims seem to always put haste on top of everything never accounting for inexperienced healers or lack of external heals.

----------------------------
As a Vengeance Demon Hunter, you have 2 defensive cooldowns.

Metamorphosis Icon Metamorphosis increases your current and maximum health by 30% for 15 seconds, and grants you 7 Pain per second for its entire duration. It has a 3-minute cooldown and no cost.

Metamorphosis works both pro-actively (to increase your health in preparation for damage) and re-actively, as an emergency cooldown to heal you up when you drop low on health. The extra Pain that Metamorphosis generates is also a nice bonus, which you can use on Soul Cleave Icon Soul Cleave for more healing.

Your second defensive cooldown is Darkness Icon Darkness. This marks an area in an 8-yard radius around you for 8 seconds, and any allies standing inside this area (yourself included) have a 15% chance to avoid the damage of incoming attacks. Darkness has a 3-minute cooldown.

As a defensive cooldown, Darkness is quite weak, but it can be helpful especially when multiple raid members can benefit from it.

------------------------------------
Darkness is incorrect. Veng demon hunters dont have that ability. It is replaced by empowered wards instead.

Edited by Spinnermask

Thanks for pointing it out, guys. Removing Darkness now :)

Hey,

Darkness is still in the Guide :D but what i want to ask is, why ist there Versatility in the Stat Priority? Isn't Versatility removed as Stat from the Game? For example, Versatility isn't listed as Stat at the Characterinfo ingame.

I hope you understand what i mean, sorry for bad english skills :D

Greetings from Germany

Hello guys, i've got a question on the feast of souls talent. Based on the way the tooltip is worded, wouldnt it be beneficial to cast 2 soul cleaves for 30 pain each instead of 1 soul cleave for 60 pain to get the hot from feast of souls 2 times for the same amount of pain? As long as one hot is worth more than 1 shear (the free gcd you get when using only 1 soul cleave for 60 pain) it should be desireable for survival. Any thoughts or knowledge on the topic? Im not sure if the hot is worth more than 10 pain for survival (cant imagine the hot is that weak though). In addition: i dont know whether the hot has a fixed healing value (like the tooltip suggests) or scales with the pain used. Any hints will be appreciated, cant test it myself unfortunatelly.

9 hours ago, Azzran said:

Hey,

Darkness is still in the Guide :D but what i want to ask is, why ist there Versatility in the Stat Priority? Isn't Versatility removed as Stat from the Game? For example, Versatility isn't listed as Stat at the Characterinfo ingame.

I hope you understand what i mean, sorry for bad english skills :D

Greetings from Germany

Versatility is still very much in the game.  If you don't have any on your gear, the character panel in game won't show it.

• Like 1

I'm following this guide and I have issues in mythic dungeons. health spikes are insane and cause death at times and I'm talking ilvl700+  I tank on DK and Druid also and I don't have these issues or anything close to it. Can someone shed some light? My Demon Hunter

Guest Detharoc

In legion it will be better if you use Vers Gems and enchants because there isn't that much gear that has Vers on it but the gear has alot of Mastery on it 

Guest Versa is boss

I'm running the survival priority and its WAY more potent than the haste>mastery>crit

Guest Tanky Mc Tank Tank

Concerning rotation. 

I always lead off with FIERY BRAND, im seeing crits of 120k+. 

I am having lots of fun with my Vengeance DH, but do not find it as easy to control big pulls as I do with my DK, Paladin, or Bear. Doable - yes, fun - yes, but not quite as smooth or easy. I think part of that is the kinetic nature of DH. Your vantage point shifts more abruptly with Infernal Strike. Your self-heals are dependent on having something to hit (like DK but without Vampiric Blood), so if you get knockback or have to run out at the same time your health dips, that can be inconvenient.

That said, I am having fun on him during pre-patch and have mine up to 719 now just off invasions and a few mythic dungeons. I haven't even looked at what happens with more talents and artifacts, so maybe some of this will work itself out as we mature.

Guest HobbitTank

This guide should be more specific with its claims. Why is it that Soul Barrier is completely undesirable right now? Last Resort is very powerful, but doesn't keep you alive for very long if you just die again from a big hit. Soul Barrier seems to be the best choice when you don't have your 4-set bonus and decent gear, but this guide simply neglects it and doesn't explain why.