FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Redfella

Redfella's Blood DK WeakAuras

Red I am trying to set up like you have it, however my weak auras are so dark and have a shaded square around them.  I only have elvui, masque, skada, and weakauras installed.  It is a clean install and I followed your directions for masque. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hey Redfella, could you do an Unholy Weakauras pls. This ones are awsome, and would love something like this to Unholy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Preto said:

Hey Redfella, could you do an Unholy Weakauras pls. This ones are awsome, and would love something like this to Unholy.

cough redfella should do frost and unholy cough cough.

8 hours ago, Spineshatter said:

Red I am trying to set up like you have it, however my weak auras are so dark and have a shaded square around them.  I only have elvui, masque, skada, and weakauras installed.  It is a clean install and I followed your directions for masque. Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm going to need a screenshot to see what's going on. I suppose you were trying to provide one, but your post might be broken someway.

5 hours ago, Preto said:

4 hours ago, demonardvark said:

cough redfella should do frost and unholy cough cough.

I'm going to do one DPS spec at some point, I'm quite sure it will be Unholy, but could also be Havoc for DH. I'm gonna have to dig around a bit if their rotations are such that they can be made to a viable action priority list.

Hi Red sorry about that. Here is the link since i can't get the pic to post. The weak auras are that dark no matter what I use for Masque Trinity, adorn, caith and so on. The only thing I could find on the net that came close was a post on frame strata in weak auars.  

http://imgur.com/a/E5m3L

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Spine

Edited by Spineshatter

36 minutes ago, Spineshatter said:

Hi Red sorry about that. Here is the link since i can't get the pic to post. The weak auras are that dark no matter what I use for Masque Trinity, adorn, caith and so on. The only thing I could find on the net that came close was a post on frame strata in weak auars.  

http://imgur.com/a/E5m3L

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Spine

That looks like a bug with Masque. Have you tried tinkering with Masque settings? Choose some skin and hit the "Reset skin" on the default maybe. If that doesn't help, I guess you'll have to make a bug report to whoever maintains Masque.

Are you testing on Prepatch or Beta realm? 

I'll grab screenshots of my Masque settings later tonight so you can compare.

Edited by Redfella

Just wanted to let you know that it is now fixed.  The problem was the "addon skin" package for elvui.  Once I unchecked weak auras from the addonskins option in elvui, everything worked.

Spine

Edited by Spineshatter

Can you make it so, that Marrowrend is preferred until 5 stacks of Boneshield are active? This is for the Talent (Ossuary) that reduces Resource cost of Deathstrike as long as you have at least 5 stacks of Boneshield active (as suggested in the written Guide here on icy veins)

Thx for your help!

@Julosch

Here's the rules. TL;DR; Heartstrike is preferred if you have talented RD and are standing in DnD, otherwise we recommend Marrowrend if you have 6 or less stacks.

-- if: Talented Rapid Decomposition
if talented.rapid_decomposition and buffRemains.death_and_decay > 0 then
	-- Marrowrend if: three or less Bone Shield stacks
	if ready( 'marrowrend' ) and bone_shield_stacks <= 3 and spend_runes then rec( 'marrowrend') end
	-- Heart Strike if: good on Bone Shield stacks
	if ready( 'heart_strike' ) and bone_shield_stacks >= 4 and runes > 0 then rec( 'heart_strike') end
-- if: Not talentet RD  -- OR -- RD & not standing in DnD
else
	-- Marrowrend if: six or less Bone Shield stacks
	if ready( 'marrowrend' ) and bone_shield_stacks <= 6 and spend_runes then rec( 'marrowrend') end
	-- Heart Strike if: good one Bone Shield stacks
	if ready( 'heart_strike' ) and bone_shield_stacks >= 7 and spend_runes then rec( 'heart_strike') end
end

Since Rapid Decomposition gives us 20% more RP during DnD, we should prioritize using more Heart Strikes during it, as long as we don't let Bone Shield fall off completely. During downtime (no DnD) we then build the stacks up again.

Edited by Redfella
  • Like 1

@Redfella But that would mean that damage is preferred to damage mitigation, right? Since you can't cast as many Deathstrikes if you don't have at least 5 stacks of Boneshield active?  

Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: Or is it because I am standing in D&D, Heartstrike generates more runic power and compensates for the inability to get the runic power reduction from Ossuary and Marrowrend? But that would also mean that Ossuary is completely useless?!

(my english sucks sorry)

Edited by Julosch

Basicly the aim is to get to near Bone Shield cap between Death and Decays, so that you'd have 7-9 Bone Shield stacks when you drop DnD, and can then just prioritize casting Heart Strikes (which generate 3 extra RP per targets hit during RD DnD). Best case scenario: Ossuary does not fall off during DnD. Reality: it sometimes does, because of Crimson Scourge.

You see, you might not be done pumping your Bone Shield back to 9-10 charges between DnD's because when Crimson Scourge procs you'll want to drop that DnD down instantly. In this scenario, Ossuary will probably fall off while you are in the DnD and we're prioritizing Heart Strike.

This leads to the issue of which  one to prio?

Now against single target, it would be best to Marrowrend to bring Ossuary back up as soon as possible, but against two or more targets, the increased RP gain from Heart Strike (Main target: 15 baseline, 3 bonus from RD, any targets after that 5 baseline and 1 from RD, so basicly 9 more RP from using Heart strike during RD) will be more than what Ossuary saves (5 RP).

In short, I'll need to tune my APL a bit to make it recommend Marrowrend in that situation against a single enemy, but still keep suggesting HS against two or more.

This won't affect amount of Death Strikes substantially, which is the reason why I've been lazy, by my estimate it will maybe net you an extra Death Strike over two minutes or so (against pure single target).

Edit: I coded some RD + Ossuary optimizations now, I'll test them tonight and update strings if it works ok.

Edited by Redfella
  • Like 1

Thank you very much. Also RD gives you 15 % increased Runic power generation so Heartstrike should give even more.

This is highly appreciated, thanks again!

RD is 20%.  So Heart Strike generates 10 RP from the rune spent and 5 RP from the ability itself. With RD you get 3 bonus RP per HS on your main target. Any add cleaved by HS gives 5 RP with +1 bonus RP via RD. This is with Hearbreaker selected of course (the other talents in that tier are shit).

I'm not sure if current the tier bonus affects RD formula. Also, the +1 from cleave I never actually tested, but I'd be surprised if it gave 3 as well -- you never know how Blizz codes stuff though, could be the cleave HS doesn't even benefit from RD.

Now I need to go verify my numbers, god damn it. :D

Edited by Redfella
  • Like 2

So Heart Strike generates 18 Runic Power against 1 target with no D&D but costs only 1 Rune.

Marrowrend generates 20 Runic Power against 1 target with no D&D but costs 2 Runes.

1 rune spent = 10 RP always. HS Has built in RP bonuses, Marrowrend doesn't.

Your 18 comes from 10 rune, 5 hs, 3 heartbreaker. Now I need to do some further testing to see if RD boosts the total 18 or just the base 10, or some combination of those 3.

Edited by Redfella
  • Like 2