FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
demonardvark

well everyone, we got nerfed :(

WALP

todays hot fixes nerfed blood. only un messed with spec now is frost, which i'm guessing will be next week

tldr bone shield nerf, heart strike nerf,

blizz really hates dks :(

4 hours ago, Julosch said:

link to details pls

20 minutes ago, Shells said:

Ah good, another nerf , just what we needed.

blood nerf.jpg

Basically heart strike damage went down and bone shield damage went down. As well as tremble before me killing out Mythic + Dungeon utility (DKS aren't allowed utility now, fyi). Now, red thirst sort of was buffed. Well i mean it was. So, it appears blizz is wanting blood dk to really be a vampire. The artifact has a number of traits aimed specifically at vampiric blood. So, I'm guessing what they are trying to push is sort of old pally tank rotation. Less taking damage to the face with shields and more healing required. From beta questing I can say blood takes a lot more damage then its previous incarnations and they are likely wanting that to be the case. 

• Like 1

I am struggling to decide on DH or DK and the main thing DK has going for it for Mythic + is utility and in general, the shield to give you some mitigation. 

The DH feels too squishy currently with its take damage and heal it back(depending on souls available), whereas the dk is take damage, heal it back and have a shield just in case you get hit again quickly before your fully healed. 

Decisions decisions

Edited by Shells

2 hours ago, demonardvark said:

Now, red thirst sort of was buffed. Well i mean it was. So, it appears blizz is wanting blood dk to really be a vampire. The artifact has a number of traits aimed specifically at vampiric blood. 

It wasn't buffed, the pre-nerf numbers for VB are a typo. The gains went from 2 sec/10 RP to 1 sec/6 RP (2 sec/12 RP).

40 minutes ago, karasique said:

It wasn't buffed, the pre-nerf numbers for VB are a typo. The gains went from 2 sec/10 RP to 1 sec/6 RP (2 sec/12 RP).

WALP then there is nothing redeeming about the changes after all XD

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but why is Necrosis labled with an X on the guide for UH DK?

Is the ability to get our ghoul supersized that much better of a dps increase?  Just curious is all :D

16 hours ago, Zazhuu said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but why is Necrosis labled with an X on the guide for UH DK?

Is the ability to get our ghoul supersized that much better of a dps increase?  Just curious is all :D

yes, yes it is. Currently right now with the HFC 4set tier bonus you get a 30% buff when ever you use dark transformation. In addition, the sludge belcher talent is very powerful. After DA and Thorasus right now for mythic raiders its usually the 3rd highest source of damage (or 4th at times), so buffing your buddy is a very high priority. It will likely remain in legion too if you manage to snag the right legendary.

Seems like Clawing Shadows got a slight buff from the previous nerf though. I'm pretty sure it was doing about 13k damage before patch for me. After its over 15k.

1 hour ago, Dragant said:

Seems like Clawing Shadows got a slight buff from the previous nerf though. I'm pretty sure it was doing about 13k damage before patch for me. After its over 15k.

the positioning requirement hurts it though

also blood boil got a pretty substantial nerf

On 8/24/2016 at 0:48 PM, demonardvark said:

the positioning requirement hurts it though

also blood boil got a pretty substantial nerf

Considerable too. A 39% damage reduction to BB.

What the hell is happening?... I can only assume it's to counteract the OP spells/enhancements that legendary weapons will unlock, no? 

3 hours ago, JRam13 said:

Considerable too. A 39% damage reduction to BB.

What the hell is happening?... I can only assume it's to counteract the OP spells/enhancements that legendary weapons will unlock, no? 

sadly no, none of the possible legendary items interact with blood boil or clawing shadows.  While it will sound unprofessional to throw conspiracy theories around, i think that's just it. DK's are after all a hero class. The only official one still (until launch not everyone can play demon hunter). Their launch expansions hero classes are OP to attract people to them but after that, I guess they aren't allowed to be strong. 

Also the blood boil nerf might have more pvp reasons than pve however, my understanding was there was to be independent tuning now, perhaps that is not the case. 

@demonardvark

You might well be right, however I dont see the DH as being OP this moment. There is some worry about viability for Mythic + dungeons for example. (which might be bunk as they dont have all their talents yet)

I really hope the do re-tune blood DK's. I liked Moonaria's suggestion to re add Rune Tap as a baseline ability which uses RP and make us choose between healing and shield vs a decent cooldown to mitigate some damage. 

1 hour ago, Shells said:

@demonardvark

You might well be right, however I dont see the DH as being OP this moment. There is some worry about viability for Mythic + dungeons for example. (which might be bunk as they dont have all their talents yet)

I really hope the do re-tune blood DK's. I liked Moonaria's suggestion to re add Rune Tap as a baseline ability which uses RP and make us choose between healing and shield vs a decent cooldown to mitigate some damage. 

right now the class truly doesn't exist, we are all playing demos. from beta testers we know at 110 havoc is kinda of squishy, lacks really any self healing, but vengeance dear god is vengeance good for mythic + dungeons, they were built for demon hunter tanks XD

the blood boil nerf doesn't really kill our defense that much so for lower end content it doesn't bother me too much. however, for heroic + raiding and mythic + content it obliterated blood dks, that dps nerf his bad, and when competing with other tanks, those top progression spots will be harder to nab

• Like 1

Im hoping they re-tune/reverse the dps drop as its not good, class needs every bit of dps it can get really. 

The blood rune bit is just to add a bit of game play to what could turn out to be a very boring playstyle otherwise. It also gives the DK an active mitigation rather than a passive semi constant one.

On 8/26/2016 at 9:49 AM, Shells said:

Im hoping they re-tune/reverse the dps drop as its not good, class needs every bit of dps it can get really. 

The blood rune bit is just to add a bit of game play to what could turn out to be a very boring playstyle otherwise. It also gives the DK an active mitigation rather than a passive semi constant one.

agreed, but you can talent spec into a more reactive style of play, Take bonestorm, mark of blood, and rune tap, and you'll have a higher dps, higher skill cap play style. You'll risk your own health quite a bit, however, you'll bring more raid utility, dps, and have to pay a lot more attention to your rotation :D

granted i like just rolling my face between marrowrend and death strike. i like easy tanking XD

• Like 1