FORUMS
Damien

Beast Midrange Druid Standard

I was wondering if Cenarius would have a place in this deck?

On one hand, he'd synergize with the goal of getting and keeping minions on the board; on the other he might just end up as a "win-more" card. Any thoughts?

44 minutes ago, Keizoku said:

I was wondering if Cenarius would have a place in this deck?

On one hand, he'd synergize with the goal of getting and keeping minions on the board; on the other he might just end up as a "win-more" card. Any thoughts?

Exactly, in this deck he is a more of a win-more card, but can be used as a card to seal the deal before the opponent is able to fully stabilize. I would still not play him though as his cost is too big and he doesn't give you enough value in return.

7 hours ago, valibra7 said:

what card can replace finley?

Given that he is the only Murloc in the deck, I think you should replace him with a Murloc to maintain the value of The Curator. Bluegill Warrior or Corrupted Seer would be my choices.

18 hours ago, valibra7 said:

what card can replace finley?

You could also give Coldlight Oracle a shot. There will be times you just need to draw as you empty your hand aswering/trying to develop a board. There will be others where you can punish a control player by overdrawing him for 2 if he hangs around at 9 cards in hand.

7 hours ago, Keizoku said:

You could also give Coldlight Oracle a shot. There will be times you just need to draw as you empty your hand aswering/trying to develop a board. There will be others where you can punish a control player by overdrawing him for 2 if he hangs around at 9 cards in hand.

I feel like you need to be very careful with Coldlight, though. Generally, you'll draw him after playing the Curator. This means you've just drawn 3 cards, so drawing another 2 (depending on the state of the game) could be fairly counter productive for you. Sometimes it's nice to have a guaranteed AoE/removal draw. 

I think Coldlight can still work, for sure, just need to be careful with playing him.

• Like 1

@valibra7 I would have gone with Blainie's suggestion of Bluegill Warrior

Corrupted Seer has too bad stats for its cost to be included in a midrange deck, and if you draw it after dropping The Curator, the need to clear the board will be smaller, especially if the opponent decided to trade.
Coldlight Oracle should be avoided for the reasons Blainie gave us.
Other murlocs aren't good enough to be included.

• Like 1

The only cards I would be missing in this deck list are Mounted Raptor and Sir Finley Mrrgglton. What would be a decent replacement?

Might I suggest someone with more experience and time take a look at this deck? In my opinion, it badly needs another update.

4 hours ago, Keizoku said:

Might I suggest someone with more experience and time take a look at this deck? In my opinion, it badly needs another update.

Druid decks are actually a #1 priority for now, but will go through a massive rework like the quest rogue decks. Sadly, updating the quest rogue took several weeks, and with L0rinda being away for quite a lot of time for casting in near future, I don't expect druid decks to take much less time.
As for the deck itself, beast druids (let alone murloc beast druids) have, in my experience on ladder lately, died out, which means there wasn't really any evolution in the deck itself, which is why we kept the decklist the way it is now. There are certainly some swaps that can increase your winrate, but since this deck does not aim for max winrate (as you would be playing Jade Druid if you were going for WR, which is another reason this guide hasn't been updated), it's mostly up to personal preference.

9 hours ago, positiv2 said:

As for the deck itself, beast druids (let alone murloc beast druids) have, in my experience on ladder lately, died out, which means there wasn't really any evolution in the deck itself, which is why we kept the decklist the way it is now. 

Might I suggest you leave it out altogether in that case, or add a warning that the deck isn't competitive at all in the current meta? It kinda rankles to invest dust in upgrading a Wild deck to Standard and discover it's terrible. (Not that crafting Fandral Staghelm will be useless in the long run, mind, but it's *really* frustrating.) 

6 hours ago, Keizoku said:

Might I suggest you leave it out altogether in that case, or add a warning that the deck isn't competitive at all in the current meta? It kinda rankles to invest dust in upgrading a Wild deck to Standard and discover it's terrible. (Not that crafting Fandral Staghelm will be useless in the long run, mind, but it's *really* frustrating.) 

People play the deck for fun, so we probably shouldn't remove it.
Saying a deck is (not) competitive is subjective, so we can't really use it without getting fanboys or haters of a deck saying it is the other way around. We used to have decks divided into competitive and fun section, but splitting it like this brought way more negative feedback than not having it, which is why we decided to merge the two sections and keep it in the format you see now.

So, the only options I can think of are checking a tier list (Vicious Syndicate if you want more stats, Tempostorm if you want quick info), or asking about the deck on discord or on forums, such as ours.

58 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Saying a deck is (not) competitive is subjective.

Not really, but okay. I'll check a tier list next time. 

8 minutes ago, Keizoku said:

Not really, but okay. I'll check a tier list next time. 

A deck is competitive as long as it is able to reach legend (or a different rank), or maybe as long as it has over X% win rate, or maybe as long as it is one of the top X decks, or maybe as long as it can defeat some of the tier 1 decks, or maybe as long as it can beat every expert AI in one try, or maybe as long as it is used on tournaments...

There are multiple ways to define competitiveness of a deck in hearthstone, which is what caused most of the issues.

44 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

There are multiple ways to define competitiveness of a deck in hearthstone, which is what caused most of the issues.

Fine. Now consider updating or getting rid this one that fails on all and every of these definitions (except perhaps the nonsensical "beat all AI in one go" one).

11 minutes ago, Keizoku said:

Fine. Now consider updating or getting rid this one that fails on all and every of these definitions (except perhaps the nonsensical "beat all AI in one go" one).

I have already said that we have fun decks as well, and as long as they aren't trash tier, and I would not mark this deck a trash tier. Besides, I believe I have already said all decks are getting an update, and his is no exception. You will sadly have to wait though.

AI test used to be somewhat popular (mainly for budget and self-made decks) quite some time ago. It's no longer popular, which is a part of the reason I decided to add it, to show how the viability threshold changes over time.

27 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

AI test used to be somewhat popular (mainly for budget and self-made decks) quite some time ago. It's no longer popular, which is a part of the reason I decided to add it, to show how the viability threshold changes over time.

And it was just as pointless back then than it is now. This 'test' gets fouled by the Artificial Stupidity's limitations so hard it loses any relevance. Oh, wow, you can beat a script that goes face no matter what. Color me impressed. Or not...