FORUMS
Damien

Tempo Rogue Standard

8 minutes ago, JooBatanete said:

This deck is still really good against various decks in the meta.

Definitely. While I still prefer the older version of the deck (because Swashburglar tends to give me useless crap that sits dead in my hand for the rest of the game), it's definitely a fun, challenging and efficient deck to play.

11 minutes ago, JooBatanete said:

That being said, I personally really like Sap even though I agree it's not very good in the current meta. 

It's definitely useful to deal with any stray Savannah WildmaneAncient of WarTirion Fordring or other big taunt minion trying to wall you out of the game. And, hell, even using it on a target with a useful battlecry can allow you to scrounge that extra turn you need to win, even if it looks like a bad idea in a vacuum.

If you have him, I highly recommend finding a place for The Stupidest WoW Player Ever in the deck. Alone or along with 1 or 2 Cold Bloods and/or Eviscerate, he has won me a lot of games with both the older version of the deck and this one.  

I really like swashburglar, mostly because this deck really needed a second one drop to play(other than squire). Sure there are times when you get useless crap, and the card is much worse if you draw it later on, but the 1/1 body combined with the rogue hero power is a powerful combination on turn 2, and the possibility of getting extra useful resources makes the card really solid. I would totally cut at least one of them if they released some new cards that you want to play on turn 1 as an aggressive rogue though(leper gnome just doesn't do enough).

I think adding leeroy mostly makes the deck even more aggressive than it already is, since the card is mostly used as a finisher and not as a board control tool. It could be worth trying it out, should give the deck some extra percentages against heavy control decks, which seem to be it's main weakness.

Edited by JooBatanete

Guest kabutozero

I used leeroy since nearly day 1 with the older version of this deck then this one. I replaced first an argent commander then  someone told me to swap an inventor for it. He makes the deck more expensive ( not really a problem for me)  , but it's really noticeable when you need to finish someone

5 hours ago, Keizoku said:

If you have him, I highly recommend finding a place for The Stupidest WoW Player Ever in the deck. Alone or along with 1 or 2 Cold Bloods and/or Eviscerate, he has won me a lot of games with both the older version of the deck and this one.  

There are already 4 chargers in the deck, isn't fifth charge minion is a bit too much for a so called 'tempo' deck?

Edit: I realized you could have very well meant replace one of those chargers with Leeroy Jenkins. Even though I think 4 chargers is still much, sorry about the misunderstanding.

Edited by FanOfValeera

35 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

There are already 4 chargers in the deck, isn't fifth charge minion is a bit too much for a so called 'tempo' deck?

Not necessarily. Depends on the meta and on how much you want to push the tempo in comparison to raw damage (not the case with Argent Horserider though).

Guest kabutozero

I use 4 chargers leeroy included.  Since I like sap I went 1 sap 1 argent

2 hours ago, gastrobrekeke said:

im just exchange one Silithid Swarmer for Blood Knight. Its working awsome with 6 divines in this deck.

I do not recommend you to do the swap. You might often find yourself with empty board because your minions will be much easier to kill with AoEs.

Hey guys!  New to the game (started playing May 2016) and new to the forums.  Just wanted to say this is my go-to deck and thank you for putting something together that works so well for so little dust!

I also wanted to share my changes (feedback is most welcome, of course):

-2 Argent Horserider

-2 Silithid Swarmer

-1 Argent Commander

+1 Sap

+1 Brann Bronzebeard

+1 Fan of Knives

+1 Unearthed Raptor

+1 Prince Malchezaar

The Argent Commander/Prince Malchezaar swap is something I have just started experimenting with over the past couple of days so I'm not married to it, but I have gotten some interesting pulls with it.  Fighting RNG with RNG!

Edited by BuckNaked

9 hours ago, BuckNaked said:

Hey guys!  New to the game (started playing May 2016) and new to the forums.  Just wanted to say this is my go-to deck and thank you for putting something together that works so well for so little dust!

I also wanted to share my changes (feedback is most welcome, of course):

-2 Argent Horserider

-2 Silithid Swarmer

-1 Argent Commander

+1 Sap

+1 Brann Bronzebeard

+1 Fan of Knives

+1 Unearthed Raptor

+1 Prince Malchezaar

The Argent Commander/Prince Malchezaar swap is something I have just started experimenting with over the past couple of days so I'm not married to it, but I have gotten some interesting pulls with it.  Fighting RNG with RNG!

Prince Malchezaar isn't a good card in this deck as you want to have more consistent early and mid game. You should really stick to Argent Commander.
Brann Bronzebeard is pretty much a combo card nowadays. This reduces deck's consistency, as you often don't want to play a 2/4 with taunt (Brann Bronzebeard = Squirming Tentacle) on turn 3. If you really often find him to be the MVP, sure, keep him, but when you feel like you need a different card in the deck, he is the first card to be swapped.

4 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Prince Malchezaar isn't a good card in this deck as you want to have more consistent early and mid game. You should really stick to Argent Commander.
Brann Bronzebeard is pretty much a combo card nowadays. This reduces deck's consistency, as you often don't want to play a 2/4 with taunt (Brann Bronzebeard = Squirming Tentacle) on turn 3. If you really often find him to be the MVP, sure, keep him, but when you feel like you need a different card in the deck, he is the first card to be swapped.

Thanks for the feedback!  I do see your point as I almost always use Brann Bronzebeard as a combo.  I have been using him late game to try to get over on some control decks, pairing with some low cost leftovers and Defender of Argus - he tends to get the opponent's attention so they try to clear it quickly.  Getting an extra draw from Gnomish Inventor or Azure Drake has been working pretty well, too.

I have swapped out Prince Malchezaar in favor of the 2nd Argent Commander and that does feel much better (was mostly looking for a way to play him since I just finished ONiK). 

Thanks again - you guys are awesome!

Edited by BuckNaked

On 10/28/2016 at 2:48 PM, BuckNaked said:

Thanks again - you guys are awesome!

Glad to see that you got the feedback you needed :) If you have any other questions, just ask!

45 minutes ago, Strongpoint said:

What can you say about replacing Argent Commanders with Dark Iron Skulkers as an anti-shaman measure? It takes a lot of reach but having a way to clear a board of totems is tempting

Unless you face them almost constantly, running two Dark Iron Skulkers is too much. You could replace one for one and then add one Fan of Knives for one Gnomish Inventor. You could also remove two Gnomish Inventors and keep the Argent Commander.

I have been experimenting with a MSG version of this deck:

-2 Defias Ringleader in favor of +2 Jade Shuriken

-2 Argent Horserider in favor of +2 Jade Swarmer

-2 Gnomish Inventor in favor of +2 Unearthed Raptor

-1 Dark Iron Dwarf in favor of +1 Aya Blackpaw

This gives the potential of spawning up to a 7/7 golem.  Seems to work pretty well so far!  What do you guys think?

Edit:  Woops, 8/8 golem with Aya's battlecry.  Going over it again, this leaves few options for turn 4...

Edited by BuckNaked

3 hours ago, BuckNaked said:

I have been experimenting with a MSG version of this deck:

-2 Defias Ringleader in favor of +2 Jade Shuriken

-2 Argent Horserider in favor of +2 Jade Swarmer

-2 Gnomish Inventor in favor of +2 Unearthed Raptor

-1 Dark Iron Dwarf in favor of +1 Aya Blackpaw

This gives the potential of spawning up to a 7/7 golem.  Seems to work pretty well so far!  What do you guys think?

Edit:  Woops, 8/8 golem with Aya's battlecry.  Going over it again, this leaves few options for turn 4...

I recommend building a whole new deck based around Jade Golems instead of putting them into an existing decks, especially a tempo deck. The changes are fine though. What is your winrate and what rank are you using it on?

9 hours ago, BuckNaked said:

What do you guys think?

Going to agree with positiv. You can make a fairly solid Jade Rogue rather than just trying to shaft the golems into this deck. You're also not making use of Gang Up or Shadowstep, both of which can be incredibly powerful with Jade Golem cards.

4 hours ago, Blainie said:

Going to agree with positiv. You can make a fairly solid Jade Rogue rather than just trying to shaft the golems into this deck. You're also not making use of Gang Up or Shadowstep, both of which can be incredibly powerful with Jade Golem cards.

Now that I have spent some time with it, it does feel like different decks trying to cooperate but just not quite getting there.  Back to the drawing board.  Thanks for the suggestions of Gang Up and Shadowstep... I'll keep those in mind!

10 hours ago, positiv2 said:

I recommend building a whole new deck based around Jade Golems instead of putting them into an existing decks, especially a tempo deck. The changes are fine though. What is your winrate and what rank are you using it on?

I patched it together at work this morning and was trying to work out the kinks on mobile in casual, so not serious play at all.  Got torn apart by Zoo Lock and Jade Druid shortly after posting.

Edited by BuckNaked

Guest Lum1nous

Since pirate is still meta , what about adding 1 or 2 fan of knives ?

Also I was thinking about putting 1 copy of second rate bruiser as an anti-aggro tool , is it a good idea ? 

1 hour ago, Guest Lum1nous said:

Since pirate is still meta , what about adding 1 or 2 fan of knives ?

Also I was thinking about putting 1 copy of second rate bruiser as an anti-aggro tool , is it a good idea ? 

I'd suggest Fan of Knives, as it is a good anti-aggro tool, and at worst can be used as a cycle against control decks.