Damien

Budget Zoo Warlock Standard

30 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Warlock Budget Zoo Standard deck

11 hours ago, Maou said:

I was rank 19 and ı used this deck and boom! i'm rank 10

Zoo is a really fun deck to play, it is one that will always have a special place in my heart. My preference is more towards Aggro Zoo though with Leeroy Jenkins as more of the finisher in place of Doomguard but this version works really well also. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Guest Dominion said:

This deck is awful. It has absolutely no tempo.

Then play discard lock instead .. Zoo isnt supposed to be tempo oriented .. Keep dropping small synergist minions much like aggro decks .. 

This deck is absolutely awful. I was playing discard lock at rank 4 with 3 stars, decided to try out a deck with lower mana curve against dragon priests and retarded pirate warriors, and now I lost 10 games in a row. DO NOT USE THIS DECK

3 hours ago, Guest This deck is crap said:

This deck is absolutely awful. I was playing discard lock at rank 4 with 3 stars, decided to try out a deck with lower mana curve against dragon priests and retarded pirate warriors, and now I lost 10 games in a row. DO NOT USE THIS DECK

Could you please upload a few replays? I am fairly certain the deck is not that bad to lose you 10 games in a row - you are most likely at fault here.

Replacement for Malc's Imp?

I don't own Kara, and don't plan on buying it, since I am a F2P player and 700 gold could be better spent.

16 minutes ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

I don't own Kara, and don't plan on buying it, since I am a F2P player and 700 gold could be better spent.

Dark Iron Dwarf or second Defender of Argus are great swaps.

Karazhan is a great value for F2P players, and I do recommend buying it.

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

I agree with Positiv2 on default swaps .  You can also consider using Eggnapper for more synergy with Darkshire Councilman\Knife Juggler. If you prefer to replace 1 drop with 1 drop Glacial Shard can be a fantastic tool for protecting important minions. Fire Fly isn't bad because it makes your curve smoother and works with Darkshire Councilman\Knife Juggler

Edited by Strongpoint

Posted (edited)

I've been struggling with this deck. 

I saw as an update of the Crystalweaver deck, that I've reached rank 11. Then, I've changed to this Zoo deck and dropped to rank 13 :(

Edited by RIPAX

Synergy section refers to imp gang boss but the deck has none..

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Guest Simon said:

Synergy section refers to imp gang boss but the deck has none..

Thank you for pointing this out, we'll be fixing this shortly!

Since PO is gone, how about adding Demonfire or Bloodfury Potion even if it is more expensive?

1 hour ago, YanjunMie said:

Since PO is gone, how about adding Demonfire or Bloodfury Potion even if it is more expensive?

They're too situational and do not grant huge tempo advantage like Power Overwhelming did. It's better to swap it for another card.

What does the 2xdarkshire librarian do for this deck and is there a suitable replacement or is it a must for crafting (to make this deck)?

1 hour ago, Nightshade8008 said:

What does the 2xdarkshire librarian do for this deck and is there a suitable replacement or is it a must for crafting (to make this deck)?

You can replace it with Faerie Dragon with no ill effects. The only reason the Darkshire is better is that after you have emptied your hand, it draws you a card when it dies, without discarding one when you play it. 

Hey, sub silverware golem for Argent Squire? Perhaps works better with librarian? Thoughts?

50 minutes ago, Guest Pawnsoffurry2 said:

Hey, sub silverware golem for Argent Squire? Perhaps works better with librarian? Thoughts?

Silverware Golem is a solid swap, but in the current meta you might want to go for a bit more 1-drops, which means Argent Squire should stay in the deck. I would probably swap for Ravasaur Runt.

5 hours ago, Nightshade8008 said:

Recently played vs quest rogue and lost - here is replay https://hsreplay.net/replay/7qYmVtSbfUQy4KTYUSdB5V . This deck should be favoured vs this archetype so did I play badly or rng?

T4 - if you want to tap during the turn, tap first (unless you would discard that card). You should also care about placement a bit more. You also probably should have dumped all the 1-drops to give you good trade options while also allowing you to keep a board after you would trade. Not doing so left you with a very awkward turn 5, which I felt like was the issue you lost.

1 person likes this

I'm not sure why you held onto the coin for so long.  If you had coined out Imp T1, you would have been able to hit face with it on T2, and you would have been in a better position to fight for the board, which would have let your Darkshire Councilman get in some face damage as well.  Since you were only 5 off from lethal before he killed you, these little things could've made a difference.  The Rogue quest generally needs to spend the first few turns doing very little to fight for the board, so that's your opportunity to develop your board and push face damage.

2 people like this

On 9/25/2016 at 5:21 AM, KingMe said:

Zoo is a really fun deck to play, it is one that will always have a special place in my heart. My preference is more towards Aggro Zoo though with Leeroy Jenkins as more of the finisher in place of Doomguard but this version works really well also. 

Of course, this is the budget deck.  A lot of people don't have Leeroy. :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor