FORUMS
Damien

Fatigue Control Warrior Standard

As someone that played the old version of this deck (when Shieldmaiden was a thing), an important thing to understand when playing this deck is being able to identify the type of deck your opponent is playing. For example, if you're facing a Warlock, you have a taunter up in the early game and they use Power Overwhelming to clear it, chances are you're not facing Reno. Another example: if you're facing a Priest and they drop Museum Curator turn 1, you're most likely facing N'Zoth control. 

Being able to identify your opponent's deck will go a long way to helping you know how to handle them.

Guest Dutchy

Can someone give me some advice how to play this deck against mages and druids? They keep on doing so much damage to me and/or drop so much minions that I get overwhelmed sooner or later most of the time, no matter what i do. Tried playing active, passive, but nothing seems to work really well.

And please dont say "use brawl at the right time" since often i dont have it in my hand when i need it...

8 hours ago, Guest Dutchy said:

Can someone give me some advice how to play this deck against mages and druids? They keep on doing so much damage to me and/or drop so much minions that I get overwhelmed sooner or later most of the time, no matter what i do. Tried playing active, passive, but nothing seems to work really well.

And please dont say "use brawl at the right time" since often i dont have it in my hand when i need it...

What mage and druid archetypes are you talking about? You need to play differently against each one, which means you need to be able to identify them (see Archimedes75's post, right above). Are you having problems against token, midrange or malygos druid, and against tempo or some kind of freeze mage?

Guest Dutchy
7 hours ago, positiv2 said:

What mage and druid archetypes are you talking about? You need to play differently against each one, which means you need to be able to identify them (see Archimedes75's post, right above). Are you having problems against token, midrange or malygos druid, and against tempo or some kind of freeze mage?

For example, druids playing cards like (in random order) Innervate, Wild Growth, Living Roots + Power ot Wild (somethings combined with Violet Teacher and Innervate), Azure Drake (+ Bloodmage + Swipe) etc. Just played one and I was dead on turn 8, without having the feeling I could have done anything.

4 hours ago, Guest Dutchy said:

For example, druids playing cards like (in random order) Innervate, Wild Growth, Living Roots + Power ot Wild (somethings combined with Violet Teacher and Innervate), Azure Drake (+ Bloodmage + Swipe) etc. Just played one and I was dead on turn 8, without having the feeling I could have done anything.

Against token druids you need to be a bit greedy with your whirlwind effects. It's perfectly fine to use Execute on Violet Teacher. Mulligan hard for removals, and you might even keep Brawl in your opening hand. Keep Shield Block for combo with Shield Slam against Violet Teacher.
You could send us a replay, which would allow me to help you more. 

On 30/9/2016 at 0:35 PM, KingMe said:
22 hours ago, Guest Dutchy said:

OK, since i played this deck a lot on ladder last season, i could give you a brief outline how i thought was the right way to play each matchup.

I note again that this the way i think the matchups should be played. Its just an opinion. Calm your tities.

Lets start with mages :

Generally there are two types of mages on ladder : 1) tempo mage (more frequent), and 2) some rare freeze mages

I will start with freeze mage, since it is a straight forward matchup. All you need to do is get to a point where the mage doesn't have enough damage to kill you. This deck has a lot of ways to do this, including Ironforge PortalShield BlockBash, and the one and only Justicar Trueheart. If you find Justicar Trueheart early, you almost certainly win the game.

• The key point against freeze mage is to understand when you need to apply pressure. Most freeze mages nowadays move away from the fast version, and play Archmage Antonidas (at least from the ones i faced). So just reacting and not pressuring at all is a bad idea, cause a good Emperor Thaurissan on a good hand can generate a lot of Fireballs which can be a huge pain in the butt if you haven't found Justicar Trueheart.
  • A lot of times i find myself swinging Fiery War Axe's to their face, or even throwing a Bash at their face if i think im not secure enough in my life total.
  • Don't underestimate their burst damage potential. I lost against a freeze mage, who played Emperor Thaurissan on turn 6, having Archmage Antonidas, 2xFrostbolt, 2xIce Lance on hand, resulting in him on turn 7, playing everything on his hand since he had The Coin, putting 14 damage to my face and generating another 30 in his hand. I just didn't have enough to survive. Even tho thats a rare occasion you should keep that in mind.

Nothing more to say here, this matchup is dealt better by experience.

Moving on to Tempo mage :

Now this is the tricky one. There are two points to heavily consider here, that can increase your winrate by a lot :

• Hard mulligan for both Fiery War Axe and Bash. Bash is an absolute MVP in this mathup. Because every player knows that when a warrior mulligans he triggers his inner ability that magically reveals a Fiery War Axe in his hand, mages have started to mulligan for Mirror Image on turn 1, which completely nullifies your weapon. So for the next turns they start hiding stuff behind the Mirror Image, which you cannot remove. Having a Sorcerer's Apprentice go unchecked behing a Mirror image has lost me a lot of games. 

But, CodeRazor senpai, why not Slam?

Slam is a good answer, but Bash is the MVP, cause it gives you the 3 armor as well.

• You need to have some swing turns, on which you will remove their board plus developing something on your own. For example Ironforge Portal + Shield Slam on a Flamewaker is a game winning play a lot of the times on turn 5 with The Coin. The latest tempo mage builds can easily outvalue a removal based control warrior, because of the inclusions of cards like Archmage Antonidas and Cabalist's Tome, so if you do not pressure them they might just find the damage to win.

In this matchup you goal is to survive the first 5-6 turns, having a good amount of health. If you can do that, you can stabilize in the mid game, and then the mage relys on a miracle Yogg-Saron, Hope's End, if they still play it. 

As for Brawl, do not be greedy with it. A board consisting of 2xMirror Image, and 2 other minions is good enough for a Brawl.

On the sidenote, teching in Baron Geddon, helped me a lot in this matchup.

Moving on to Druids.

First of some general tips against druids :

• Keep something on your starting hand to counter an Innervate play. Something like Execute, or combinations of Fiery War AxeSlamBash. An early Violet Teacher, or an early Fandral Staghelm can lose you the game right there. 
  • Focus on removing rather than pressuring. After Yogg-Saron, Hope's End's nerf, you can follow that strategy.
  • Win condition against druids : Fatigue or they concede. They draw their deck pretty fast, so they fatigue rapidly.
  • Last but not least, play a little game : name your removals after the cards they are going to be used on. For example, every time i play against a druid, i name one Execute, Malygos. This trick helps me not to get greedy enough to use it on something else.

How do i usually remove their stuff :

The above apply to both token and malygos druid builds.

You can try to keep a Ravaging Ghoul in your opening hand if you expect a token druid, but i didn't ever need it that badly need it.

Last but not least, the smorcy beast druid.

Not much to say here, most tips from tempo mage apply here as well. If you can stabilize early, you win, if you cannot and the Druid goes Stranglethorn Tiger, into Menagerie Warden on turns 5 and 6, you just throw your monitor out of the window, while telling blizzard to fuck off.

No deck can beat a smorc deck with a really good starting hand.

Edited by CodeRazor
  • Like 1

Guest Dutchy
On ‎7‎-‎10‎-‎2016 at 1:47 PM, CodeRazor said:

No deck can beat a smorc deck with a really good starting hand.

Thanks for all the good advises.

But it all comes down to your last remark. In the end, it's about card draw and random effects. Too often I have the feeling I couldn't influence the result of a game. Reason for me to slowly leave Hearthstone and try other games.

Guest Sloththeholy

I currently have every card but grommash and yoggsaron I have enough dust to get one is the deck bad without both? Is there a replacement to one of them? Help?

12 hours ago, Guest Sloththeholy said:

I currently have every card but grommash and yoggsaron I have enough dust to get one is the deck bad without both? Is there a replacement to one of them? Help?

Grommash Hellscream is better option to craft, if you are going to spend dust on this deck. For a swap you should choose a card that suits the meta. My personal recommendations are Baron GeddonFierce Monkey or Bloodhoof Brave. The latter two don't fit into the deck's gameplan that well, but improve your early game, which is this deck's main weakness.

• Like 1

For those asking for a yogg replacement, I would recommend geddon or Rag as positiv2 did (Geddon is better against shaman, while rag is better in control matches), however, it is worth noting that without yogg, the blood to Ichor's and to a lesser degree the shield blocks become less useful, I would cut some combination of them (either 1/1 or both bloods) for doomsayers.  You could even cut both blood's and a shield block for 2 doomsayers and something else neat of your preference.  I would personally do one of each, since having a nice answer to the ever oppressive totem golems via ichor + axe is nice, Plus I find at least one shield block is a dead card in my hand in a lot of matches, even against like mid-range shaman, I usually go to fatigue and I just don't want to draw.

Edited by VaraTreledees

I think that even if you are totally not into Yogg, cutting both Bloods is a bad idea. This card is situational but good, i agree it does a lot of heavylifting in the Shaman or Zoo matchups, plus on the worst sides it's still a Grom activator or a Golden Monkey Fodder. 1 copy IMO is perfectly safe.

I don't like Ragnaros suggestion even though I've seen him a lot on ladder. He is not that good in control matchups because they would probably have removal for it anyways. He works the best against decks that have a hard time dealing with it and you'd like to win before turn 20, like Druids or some fair/Aggro matchups (Zoo, Dragon Warrior, stuff like that)

Geddon is the closest thing to Yogg you can have. It's pretty much the same boardclear, except it actually doubles up as a threat whereas Yogg in almost noncastable in control mirrors. I think Baron is almost essential if your gameplan is to outlast by killing everything.

I wouldn't cut Shield Blocks even if you'd pay me for it. They are just too important against offense, and in the worst case scenarios, they are also Golden Monkey fodder, and you have to have at least something.

About Doomsayer - I have a friend who plays it and he constantly decimates me with it. It's a decent card against Aggro, but actually takes a lot of skill to play it right after obvious turn twos. I wouldn't give you advice on how to play it right because I have no idea, but there is my warning - it's not that simple.

Guest Wanderer

Trying the Un'goro version of this deck. Tbh, it's a pain. Too depending on having the right removal card at the right moment in your hand. I get up getting overwhelmed by shammies and locks all the time.

9 hours ago, Guest Wanderer said:

Trying the Un'goro version of this deck. Tbh, it's a pain. Too depending on having the right removal card at the right moment in your hand. I get up getting overwhelmed by shammies and locks all the time.

Pesty said some time ago the deck is subpar to other warrior decks available at the moment, and is more of a for-fun deck. Still, you an make some techs to improve your winrate, though I would recommend switching decks.

Guest Purrfect

Suggestions how to beat a Ungoro Quest Rogue with this?

Same question for playing against Ungoro Quest Warrior.

1 hour ago, Guest Purrfect said:

Suggestions how to beat a Ungoro Quest Rogue with this?

Same question for playing against Ungoro Quest Warrior.

You try not to let them have any board, even if it means downtrading (like running your 3/1 into their 1/1), because you can outlast them once they run out of cards. Also, if you don't get a good opening hand, you can use the Blood To Ichor to destroy a 1/1 without getting the Slime.
As for the taunt warrior, you are significantly unfavoured here, as their hero power plays against your goal. You have to try and kill the taunt warrior before they get to build a huge board or hero-power you enough times.

Guest Wanderer
On 18-4-2017 at 10:12 PM, positiv2 said:

You try not to let them have any board, even if it means downtrading (like running your 3/1 into their 1/1), because you can outlast them once they run out of cards. Also, if you don't get a good opening hand, you can use the Blood To Ichor to destroy a 1/1 without getting the Slime.
As for the taunt warrior, you are significantly unfavoured here, as their hero power plays against your goal. You have to try and kill the taunt warrior before they get to build a huge board or hero-power you enough times.

Just doesnt work.

Besides, this deck is also sub-par against most other classes/decks.

13 hours ago, Guest Wanderer said:

Just doesnt work.

Besides, this deck is also sub-par against most other classes/decks.

While this deck is inferior to regular, C'Thun or N'Zoth, the Corruptor warrior, it still should be able to win relatively often. The deck should be able to take you to rank 5, and while the road to legend is possible with this deck, it requires thorough understanding of the deck and some amount of luck, which is why I would not recommend taking the deck to legend yet, before it receives some refinement.