Damien

Barnes Ramp Druid Karazhan Standard

16 posts in this topic

Thanks Sottle, I have been trying a similar deck to this with reasonable success.

Against aggro, I think we need a early taunt before those decks overwhelm you. Since we have no taunt/board control early game outside of some lucky rng from Barnes, I think -1 Bog Creeper +1 Dark Arrakoa seems more safe against aggro as we can get out a taunt 1 turn earlier while still having the synergy with Barnes.  

Let me know your thoughts on this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sc47 said:

Thanks Sottle, I have been trying a similar deck to this with reasonable success.

Against aggro, I think we need a early taunt before those decks overwhelm you. Since we have no taunt/board control early game outside of some lucky rng from Barnes, I think -1 Bog Creeper +1 Dark Arrakoa seems more safe against aggro as we can get out a taunt 1 turn earlier while still having the synergy with Barnes.  

Let me know your thoughts on this.

If you feel the need for an early taunt, I recommend you to use Sen'jin Shieldmasta instead of Dark ArakkoaSen'jin is an underestimated minion. He is a solid taunt as he gives you 5 health with enough attack to kill most of 2-drops and 3-drops. When coupled with your hero power, you should be able to trade efficiently even against control decks.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

If you feel the need for an early taunt, I recommend you to use Sen'jin Shieldmasta instead of Dark ArakkoaSen'jin is an underestimated minion. He is a solid taunt as he gives you 5 health with enough attack to kill most of 2-drops and 3-drops. When coupled with your hero power, you should be able to trade efficiently even against control decks.

I do like Tazdingo and he is pretty good. I would definitely consider him against Zoo.

But I don't want to lower the curve that much.  Especially against decks like Shaman, dragon warriro and midrange hunter. True he may clear some early drops like alex champion, trogg etc, but considering cards like Totem Golem, TFB, Lava burst, Kill command, Fire Elemental,  Doomhammer+rockbiter, Highmane and even a CotW on a empty board, Arakkoa is pretty strong.

Overall I think replacing a 7 drop with a 6 drop might just be sufficient to stablize given that this deck has some good ramp and also because how well the Arakkoa interacts with the above mentioned cards. Just my 2 cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Living RootsWrathFeral Rage and Swipe combo'd with Innervate and Druid's Hero Power gives you plenty of early game answers to extremely fast starting decks like Zoo, Shaman and Hunter.  Mire Keeper gives you early board presence and Fandral Staghelm is basically a taunt in its own right seeing as your opponent will opt to remove it before he spirals the game out of their control. 2 Bog Creeper is perfectly fine in my opinion but if you feel safer dropping 1 for Dark Arakkoa then that will work as well. Sottle said himself that the late game in this deck is flexible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sc47 said:

But I don't want to lower the curve that much.  Especially against decks like Shaman, dragon warriro and midrange hunter. True he may clear some early drops like alex champion, trogg etc, but considering cards like Totem Golem, TFB, Lava burst, Kill command, Fire Elemental,  Doomhammer+rockbiter, Highmane and even a CotW on a empty board, Arakkoa is pretty strong.

3/4s card be cleared with trade + hero power. On turn 5 you will use another 4-drop and then 6-drop and then Bog Creeper, or skip the 6-drop if your 4-drop was Mire Keeper. That means Sen'jin Shieldmasta won't often matter in the turns past 4 or 5. You play him to soak up 5 damage, and that's pretty much it. The two turn difference against Dark Arakkoa is significant. Dark Arakkoa is a great taunt, but turn 6 may be late sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Dark Arakkoa is a great taunt, but turn 6 may be late sometimes.

Dark Arakkoa stops a decent/slow start by an aggro deck. Sen'jin stops a decent/good start by an aggro deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This deck works really excellent! I went from rank 11 to 8 in about 40 minutes! Due to the huge amount of aggro deck (or am I the only one who got that feeling..?) I did the following changes: - 1 Bog Creeper, - 1 Moonglade Portal (I think it is sometimes way too slow..), +1 Bloodmage Thalnos (I think this card is actually really good especially against dragon warriors because Living Roots will deal 3 damage instead of 2 for 1 mana and this is quiet excellent against the charging Champion with that sticky 3/3 board), +1 Shieldmasta and + 1 Sylvanas because I havn´t got Deathwing yet... I think this little change is working better against aggro. What do you guys think about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guest Chris said:

This deck works really excellent! I went from rank 11 to 8 in about 40 minutes! Due to the huge amount of aggro deck (or am I the only one who got that feeling..?) I did the following changes: - 1 Bog Creeper, - 1 Moonglade Portal (I think it is sometimes way too slow..), +1 Bloodmage Thalnos (I think this card is actually really good especially against dragon warriors because Living Roots will deal 3 damage instead of 2 for 1 mana and this is quiet excellent against the charging Champion with that sticky 3/3 board), +1 Shieldmasta and + 1 Sylvanas because I havn´t got Deathwing yet... I think this little change is working better against aggro. What do you guys think about this?

The changes don't seem to be too bad, obviously since you were able to climb higher up the ladder on the backs of the decks you set out to beat. :P  Moonglade Portal I think works well against aggro in this deck (Even though it's slow) since you have the ramp ability and you can heal while hiding behind things most aggro has a hard time removing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50% agreeing on the Portal - sometimes it can be slow, sometimes it can be excellent. I definitely don't think it's a necessity to have two in the deck and your replacements seem fine.

Adjusting the deck to what you are playing is the first rule of using a deck.

On 9/16/2016 at 3:36 PM, Guest Chris said:

+1 Bloodmage Thalnos

How often does this cause you to get a useless Y'Shaarj turn? Genuinely interested in the viability here and I feel like it could sometimes turn a guaranteed solid minion on board into a much less useful minion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Blainie said:

50% agreeing on the Portal - sometimes it can be slow, sometimes it can be excellent. I definitely don't think it's a necessity to have two in the deck and your replacements seem fine.

I agree it not being a necessity to have 2.  I've been looking at it roughly as a 5/5 (on average) minion that restores 6 health for 6 which is more or less a cheaper Guardian of Kings

 

21 hours ago, Blainie said:

Adjusting the deck to what you are playing is the first rule of using a deck.

This is in the 10 commandments of Hearthstone. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have Deathwing yet - have everything else. What would you recommend including instead?

These are the options that I am playing with (in order of what I feel is best to worst): 

Sylvanas, Malygos, Soggoth the Slitherer, Cenarius, Chromaggus, 

All pretty big threats. I wouldn't get Cenarius's full power if he came via a Y'Shaarj. But, he is pretty awesome with Fandral. Soggoth is surprisingly hard for opponents to deal with. 

Edited by Direwolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Direwolf said:

I don't have Deathwing yet - have everything else. What would you recommend including instead?

These are the options that I am playing with (in order of what I feel is best to worst): 

Sylvanas, Malygos, Soggoth the Slitherer, Cenarius, Chromaggus, 

All pretty big threats. I wouldn't get Cenarius's full power if he came via a Y'Shaarj. But, he is pretty awesome with Fandral. Soggoth is surprisingly hard for opponents to deal with. 

Sylvanas Windrunner, or Feral Rage if you face a lot of aggro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. I played a game with Soggoth and the other player dropped a Sylvanas. Needless to say, I lost. I'll add in Sylvanas instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Direwolf said:

Do you mostly use Feral Rage to get some armor and buy time or to take out a minion?

Depends on when you draw it, or when you find enough mana to use it. If it's in the early game, it's often better to trade. If you draw it later and have no good trades with it, gain armor. Same goes when you have low HP and are afraid of burst damage, such as Doomhammer+Rockbiter Weapon
There are a few exceptions though, where using it for armor is much better - OTK decks, such as freeze mage or malygos druid. 8 extra health is a lot when facing OTK, as they have to spend extra effort and cards to get through the armor, just like mage's Ice Barrier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By L0rinda

      Blizzard have announced that the next update will contain big changes to the way Arena works.
      The newly announced changes will come into force at the same time as the nerfs to Small-Time Buccaneer and Spirit Claws, which we discussed previously.
      The most important change will be that Arena will change from Wild format to Standard. This will help to keep Arena feeling fresh, as well as make sure that card synergies can be drafted more easily.
      Changes have also been made to the distribution of cards. Common and Basic cards will show up less often, and the frequency of spells and class cards being offered has been raised. The full discussion can be found in the announcement link above, but the main reasoning is to allow players to have more opportunities to outdraft and outplay their opponents, rather than just playing the game on curve.
      This philosophy will have some implications in Standard too. If Blizzard are actively trying to reduce the impact of playing on curve in Arena, this could mean that they will carry over the same thoughts into constructed play. I feel that moving away from the style, unaffectionately known as Curvestone, would be good for the game. The changes will almost certainly be welcomed in the Arena community, and it is good to see Blizzard making them now, rather than waiting for the next set to launch.
    • By Reji
      Introdution:
      <Turkeyism> is a (7/7M EN) (2/3M ToV) (3/10M NH) weekend raiding guild on Stormrage US. Our guild was originally formed in early 2013 as a 10man Heroic raid team with the goal to have fun and get as far as possible. After having defeated Heroic Garrosh in Siege of Ogrimmar and ending the Mists of Pandaria expansion ranked 19th on Stormrage, our team decided to push forward into Warlords of Draenor. With the introduction of Mythic in 6.0, our team set out to expand our roster, overcome new challenges, and defeat the final boss on Mythic, all while maintaining a fun atmosphere to raid in. We finished Warlords of Draenor ranking 14th on Stormrage and managed to get 27 of our raiders the Felsteel Annihilator mount from Mythic Archimonde. We are now currently raiding Mythic Nighthold and looking for additional players (870 ilvl+) who seek a challenge and want to have fun.
      Raid Times:
      Friday: 7:30pm – 11:30pm EST
      Saturday: 7:30pm – 11:30pm EST
      <Turkeyism> is a weekend raiding guild that raids two nights a week from 7:30 – 11:30pm EST on Friday and Saturdays.
      In Demand Classes:
      Paladin (Holy/ret)
      Druid (Balance)
      Priests (Shadow)
      Hunters (Marksmen/Beastmaster)
      Warlocks (Affliction/Demonology)
      Monks (Mistweaver/Windwalker)
      (We prefer the classes listed above but all exceptional applicants will be considered.)
      Guild Expectations:
      So as a guild there are a few things we expect our raiders and recruits to do/know.
      First, we expect our raiders/recruits to know their class fairly well. They should also have a good grasp of the encounters by either having first-hand experience, or by watching tutorials and kill videos online. Knowledge is power as the saying goes.
      Second, we expect players who wish to be part of the core raid team to understand that attendance and showing up on time to raid is important to the success of the guild. We understand when real life issues come up, however it isn’t fair to the other 19 players who showed up if you continuously miss raid because of “reasons”. This is why we want to make sure that our raiders/recruits understand that by joining our raid team, you are making a commitment to the rest of the group to show up every week. Ultimately, we are all individuals working together towards a common goal and our success or failure as a group depends upon people committing to the team.
      Third, we expect our raiders/recruits to be able to take criticism from others. If we notice that you could improve in any manner, we won’t hesitate to point it out. We won't ever attack others for making mistakes, but we will politely let them know of their blunders and how they could improve.
      Fourth, raiders/recruits should be willing to sit out for certain encounters. We know it isn’t the most fun thing to have to sit out on a boss fight, especially if there is loot or if you’ve worked hard getting to that encounter. However, not all fights are created equal and sometimes we have to ask players to sit out in order to have the best group composition to complete the encounter. Your willingness to sit out won’t be forgotten and we try to make sure that everyone gets a chance to kill the boss and get loot.
      Fifth, all recruits are expected to present WarcraftLogs in their applications. This will give us an idea of how you handle mechanics and how well you performed. We understand that your time is valuable and so is ours. By looking at your WarcraftLogs we can get an idea if you can perform within the required range were looking for before bringing you in to raid with us.
      Finally, our guild is made up of players in their early 20’s/mid-30’s and our chat can sometimes get spicy and very adult oriented. We can sometimes talk about off the wall stuff, some of which can get very “Rated R” very fast.
      Contact List:
      Patakra: Braxxas#1433
      Ravenhill: XHunter#1289
      Tehproofter: Tehproofter#1990
      Callmetheo: t455m#1373
      Reji: Rejinald#11466
      Where to Apply:
      http://www.usturkeyism.enjin.com/recruitment
      Our Warcraftlogs:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/22857
      Our Wowprogress:
      http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/stormrage/Turkeyism
      (All guild policies can be found in the website under the section: Forums>Guild Discussion>Turkey Recruits.)
      Thanks for reading and we hope to hear from you soon!
    • By FreezedIce
      Im making a telegram bot that can send you new decks and news from https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone.
      It already can send some decks and filter them by class and deck format.
      Im going to open bot for all users in next few weeks. 
      Any suggestions?
      Pic1 Pic2 Pic3 Pic4


    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Kazakus Zoo Warlock Gadgetzan Standard deck.