Damien

Malygos Druid Karazhan Standard

15 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Guest Winja said:

Which is better in the current meta, this or the version with auctioneer? 

What do you mean? This list does currently use Gadgetzan Auctioneer

14 hours ago, Guest Winja said:

Sorry, posted to wrong one, i meant token or auctioneer? 

It depends on your rank and what you are facing the most of (Control vs. Aggro vs. Mid).

With the inclusion of Thaurissan in the Auctioneer deck, you can draw extremely quickly and push for an OTK from hand.

For the Token deck, you still have an OK amount of burst, but the lack of Thaurissan means you will more likely build a board and then push for lethal with buffs.

Indeed a very interesting deck.

May I ask what could I replace Raven Idol with and still have a meta deck? If it's possible to do so...

1 hour ago, Guest R3s0nanc3 said:

Indeed a very interesting deck.

May I ask what could I replace Raven Idol with and still have a meta deck? If it's possible to do so...

Xixo plays two copies of Feral Rage (in place of Bloodmage Thalnos), so you could add a second one as well. He also used to play Mulch in the deck. So, you could second Feral Rage and one Mulch until you get Raven Idols.

22 minutes ago, Guest R3s0nanc3 said:

Thanks a lot! :D

Just to add to above, swap as you meet more aggro/more control. Feral vs. aggro is better, Mulch can be much better vs. Control.

How will Druid decks like this one go with the Yogg nerf? I'm trying Alex at the moment to try help with the Malygos win condition and as additional healing. Or is Yogg still okay?

2 hours ago, AptypR said:

Well, he said that his deck is not his, and that it comes from our site, which means that it is not "true plagiarism". 

As I do not represent I-V's opinions or whatnot, I will summon @Blainie to (possibly) say what he thinks about it. Thank you for telling us about it!

I dont get it. Everywhere it is written that this is the awesome deck to play right now.

Though im primarilly an arena player rather than constructed, i aint no idiot. I average 6 wins in arena and on my montly road to rank 15 i normally have 80%+ winrate with a variety of decks (tempo mage, dragon priest, control warrior, dragon warrior, any of them really)

I know to play different vs control decks or aggro decks. But what do you do against the most simple of all, a deck that just keeps playing minions on curve ? At turn 4 you already cant kill it with 1 card. 
Or true aggro, just not enough firepower to kill them all. And no combo in the end (i know auctioneer, nice in theory, but it costs 6 mana, and dies next turn so you may draw 1 or 2 extra cards if you play it on turn 8 or so)

Its seriously the worst deck i have played in ages. 

17 minutes ago, Guest Arjen said:

I dont get it. Everywhere it is written that this is the awesome deck to play right now.

Though im primarilly an arena player rather than constructed, i aint no idiot. I average 6 wins in arena and on my montly road to rank 15 i normally have 80%+ winrate with a variety of decks (tempo mage, dragon priest, control warrior, dragon warrior, any of them really)

I know to play different vs control decks or aggro decks. But what do you do against the most simple of all, a deck that just keeps playing minions on curve ? At turn 4 you already cant kill it with 1 card. 
Or true aggro, just not enough firepower to kill them all. And no combo in the end (i know auctioneer, nice in theory, but it costs 6 mana, and dies next turn so you may draw 1 or 2 extra cards if you play it on turn 8 or so)

This is a very powerful deck so clearly it's you not clicking with the deck, but hey , that's ok. Some people don't click with some decks. I am primarily a mage player, I have the highest win rate with Tempo Mage over any other deck that I play. With that being said, I do horribly with the new Aggro Freeze mage. It's not the deck because obviously people are reaching the highest of ranks with it, it is me not clicking with the deck. My solution to that problem, which I offer you, switch decks.  

12 hours ago, Guest Arjen said:

Combo decks are much more complicated and it's very hard to say what to do in general, as your response should be specific to a given situation. This is more true here than in other combo decks, such as freeze mage or miracle rogue. The most common issue with malygos druid, and combo decks in general, is using resources suboptimally. Watch a few videos with the deck. Before each turn pause the video and think what you would do, then unpause and see what the player did, and then adjust your own playstyle with the deck - if the player often made more defensive plays, you need to play more defensively and vice-versa.

The (second) best thing would be to give us a replay so we could see where you often make mistakes.

1 person likes this

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By L0rinda
      Hi everyone! I would like to update you on my new role as a Hearthstone guide writer.
      Hi everyone! I would like to update you on my new role as a Hearthstone guide writer.
      As some of you will know, I've been writing news here at Icy-Veins for over a year. A lot has changed in that year, both personally, and within Hearthstone. I switched from Arena to Constructed with the introduction of Standard, and have started to cast quite a few large events.
      With those things in mind, I've been let loose on writing guides. I won't be touching Sottle's high level content, but instead will be focussing on keep your old decks fresh. I will be updating decks which have dropped out of the meta, and making them playable to somewhere in the region of Rank Five. They will be weaker than the meta decks, but if you have played the older versions you will probably find that you already own many of the cards, and experience, required to play them.
      Hopefully this will fill a gap for some of you. I'll be a little busy for the first few weeks as I get the hang of things and concentrate on producing quality content, but feel free to let me know if there's an archetype you feel has been left out.
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - 5 or more Mythic boss kills.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Monk: Healer.
      Druid: Balance and Guardian.
      Priest: Shadow and Holy
      Other dps will also be considered.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Aggro Pirate Rogue Gadgetzan Standard deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Token Druid Gadgetzan Standard deck.